OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS- Not sure if LE believes that an child abduction has taken place, they keep that info back from public...would be a matter of responsibility to public and safety; I don't see holding that back to keep from tipping off offender, IMO...

Have they issued that info, as done with Kayleah, about anyone acting strangely lately, etc...all that stuff to look for in the case of a possible abductor? Usually once FBI is in, they will put that stuff out, while info is fresh in people's minds...

BBM. I think you should call that in to LE as an idea. They could put a call out to everyone who was at the school to bring all cameras, pictures, and videos to the police station.

The FBI are well trained intelligent people, I would think they are on top of that.

After hearing all of the details, and the quotes from LE... I feel something is "off". I've looked through a few Facebook albums of the stepmom's, and the family just looks so normal and loving, I really hope none of them are involved.

It is possibly a troll because we have not heard those facts.

That's hearsay and the comment needs to be deleted from this thread. Whoever posted it - please delete. Against TOS to post such info. Link is okay. Thanks in advance

ETA: I see it's deleted! Thanks

PS- Not sure if LE believes that an child abduction has taken place, they keep that info back from public...would be a matter of responsibility to public and safety; I don't see holding that back to keep from tipping off offender, IMO...

Have they issued that info, as done with Kayleah, about anyone acting strangely lately, etc...all that stuff to look for in the case of a possible abductor? Usually once FBI is in, they will put that stuff out, while info is fresh in people's minds...

GMTA. I posted the tips the FBI gave in Kayleah's case here in the thread earlier. I haven't heard them say it specifically in this case. They are helpful tips, though.

After hearing all of the details, and the quotes from LE... I feel something is "off". I've looked through a few Facebook albums of the stepmom's, and the family just looks so normal and loving, I really hope none of them are involved.

Are you FB friends with the mom? I went to her page and couldn't see any pictures ???

As a former teacher, I cannot emphasize enough that to take Kyron from that school would be an incredibly easy thing.

"Stranger danger" is a relative term for children. They are children and do not have the brain skills to do all kinds of abstract thinking. Even adults seem to go off with strangers and never are heard from again. Think of all of those "match up" sites on the net.

The school is a familiar, safe place. The people in the school are not "strangers". Hence, any person that may have asked Kyron to help him/her with something is not a stranger, in most children's eyes.

There is even a famous study that some researchers did with children whose parents were positive that their child would not go off with a stranger. The child did (laboratory setting).

Either this was a crime of opportunity by some nut that was there, or it was planned by some nut.

These child predators have PHD's in their form of sickness. They know where children are. Hence, that is why they go there. A nut could have known that this type of activity with people coming and going would present a perfect opportunity. Or some nut just happened to be there.

Think of a wedding or funeral. Do you actually have any idea who all of the people are there and what relationship they have to the family? That is much more of an intimate setting.

Think of a school activity where people have no idea of who some of the others may be. 300 children. Parents, relatives. That's a lot of potential unknowns to the people that are at this fair.

I just think that there should be better procedures for things like this. Too many people coming and going. And teachers should never assume anything-such as Kyron left with his step mom.

Not that I think it would have made a difference . Over an hour had passed since he was last seen and school started. Too much time gone by already.

Do we know why the 16 year old stepbrother is now living with her parents and not her or his dad? Just curious.

Has anyone seen any public statements for his safe return from any of his parents? I am in the Midwest, so I am not seeing coverage other than the links you all post. TIA

i posted about the comment, mostly because in a situation where someone doesn't go missing, what the commenter is saying could be perfectly plausible and innocuous. it made sense to me that a mother would do those things.

only if something happens do actions seem suspicious.

this is such a strange case, just trying to make any sense of it.

I'm sure LE will find out today while interviewing all of the staff, parents and students.

FBI's child abduction team is there now.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html

Day 3: FBI calls in criminal profiler in search for missing Skyline boy; interviews with students and parents begin

The FBI has brought a vast array of resources to help the search for 7-year-old Kyron Horman today including launching its Child Abduction Rapid Deployment Team. It's a regional team although they have flown in members from across the country. They also have on-site a Quantico-based profiler who is here to develop a complete profile of Kyron.

As soon as Kyron was reported missing and the thread popped up at WS, I went to the mother's fb and went all the way back to the beginning.... I was one of the first to say that I didn't think that she was involved.

I've gone back three times now, reading her facebook. Not patting myself on the back for this--please read the rest of what I'm saying.

I still don't think that she was involved....

Gonna post a big HOWEVER here though....

I see things on facebook of my friends all the time that I know to be "look how perfect my life is" when indeed life isn't as perfect as they portray it on facebook. I know that all of us have friends on FB (if you have FB) who do this. Look at my wonderful children, look at my wonderful car, look at my wonderful husband, look at my beautiful house...

When inside that house we don't know what has gone on--whether it's all as rosy as the FB page makes it seem.

It is a fact that Terri was the last person to see Kyron and that no one else saw him after 8:45. So sometime after she claims he left her custody, in the hallway on the way to his classroom, he disappeared.

I don't think that he wandered off. In all the searching, there's been nothing to indicate that.

I was so sure that Terri had nothing to do with this in the beginning, and I'm still leaning that way, but I won't say that it's impossible any longer.

Truth is, there's just no way to know what happened, and the facebook page basically amounts to a view of the family that Terri wants us to see. That's the way it is with all facebook pages. We see what the FB page owner allows us to see, and most people post the good, but not the bad and the ugly, about their lives.

One thing does bother me about Terri's FB page. With her stepson having just been abducted, she still has a photo of her toddler daughter up as her default photo.

OK...I've rambled again. Bottom line, in a nutshell, I don't think that anyone should be excluded from suspicion until we get news that LE is clearing people.

For anyone interested, I have put in a case request for Kyron to our Astros.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5255635#post5255635"]Forensic Astrology - CASE REQUESTS only - Page 24 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I agree. He does not sound like a child that wandered off, especially if he told his step mom that he was going to his class.

Children who wander off typically have a pattern of doing that. Maybe there is that child that does the one time atypical child thing and would wander off, but he sounds like a child that would not decide that it was OK to do something that he was not supposed to do.

However, could he have realized that he forgot something in the car and ran out to go get it from mom before she left?

I still think that anyone there could have gotten him to go with him/her out to her/his car and that's the end of it.

So hard to know which way to think this is going...stats show overwhelmingly that children are taken many times more by someone in their lives than a stranger...and kids wander off very quickly and get lost very often too...the least common occurrence of the three scenarios is a stranger abduction...but of course it is possible. The setting and activity seems unlikely to me, too many variables, too much going on. I wish we knew for sure if anyone saw stepmother leaving the school building. I'm sure LE knows more than we do.

I'm having a hard time seeing this as a "stranger abduction." My daughter attends a very small school as well (less than 250 children) and everybody knows everybody. There are many school events throughout the year that are well attended by everybody (including things like science fairs) and it would be very, very difficult for a stranger to not be noticed. Very difficult. Besides that, abductors do not typically invade a close-knit, well attended school activity in order to randomly select a child to abduct - they abduct the child who has been separated from the crowd or who is momentarily alone and unattended by adults. The school hallway is an extremely unlikely place for a complete random stranger to infiltrate and abduct a child.

If he didn't wander off, they need to look at the usual suspects - parents, school employees, volunteers, other children. If he was lured outside and taken, I think he knew the person.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

Step-mom Terri Horman and Kyron's grandma Horman are the only 2 people saying step-mom walked Kyron "down the hall close to his class" then she left the school. Was Grandma there, or basing this on step-mom's account of the story? She says she didn't walk him all the way to the classroom, opening a time-frame for him to disappear between then and roll call. Roll wasn't called until after the students in that class were placed in chaperoned groups then walked through the science fair to view the projects then returned to the class. The teacher only specifies that Kyron wasn't present for roll call AFTER touring the science projects on display, so she is not sure if Kyron was even there when the kids went in groups to view the projects. Im my mind, this leaves 2 possible scenarios only: 1. Step-mom is the guilty party and took Kyron with her from the campus, and never really walked him close to his classroom then left him as she claims. She volunteers at the school often and would know these roll call procedures, and knew the teacher wouldn't notice Kyron missing until AFTER the trip to view projects, an opening for someone other than herself to have access to him. She makes a point of photographing Kyron with his project then posting it to her Facebook that morning to make herself seem even less suspicious of any wrongdoing to the child. This would all take planning for some time in advance. 2. A child predator in the area who is familiar with the school's activities and the busy science fair display day got into the building (or was a substitute teacher or fill-in employee no one would be suspicious of for being there, even on a day they weren't working at the school, often child predators take jobs like that to have access to children) and had planned an abduction. If that were the case, Kyron may have known the person and went with him/her out of trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni