Winnie the Pooh blanket

Thanks CuriousTwo! Did anyone else notice that this is not the same crib that is in the People Mag photo's? The crib in this photo is white.

I thought the same ....... after looking again, realized the slats are in fact, dark wood, the area in between is the white/lighter color of the walls. I believe it is the same bed.

I thought the same ....... after looking again, realized the slats are in fact, dark wood, the area in between is the white/lighter color of the walls. I believe it is the same bed.

Thank you! Can I blame that on my aging eyesight? :crazy:

Everytime I come to this thread I choke up. There is something seriously wrong and demented when Winnie the Pooh and decomp is in the same sentence. I think the jury will feel the same way.

I don't have time to research all of the posts that were done about this blanket, and CA statments about it, but I do clearly remember reading that it looked at 6 ways to sunday and it's here somewhere.

Here you go, Kat. This thread is all about CA's statements about the missing blanket when Caylee was found in December:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79932&highlight=winnie

There is a fair amount of discussion about it here, too:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78386&highlight=winnie

Thank you potatohead I'm going to read it today!

I'm going to take my time and read those threads but this was the first post in one of the threads...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3331359&postcount=1"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA Knew Winnie The Pooh Blanket Missing[/ame]

The link to the article is still active. It is dated:
Updated: 8:10 am EST February 19, 2009

snippet:

...Caylee's grandmother waited until after her remains were found to tell investigators Caylee's Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing from her bed. It could be the same Pooh blanket found with Caylee's remains...

IIRC, it was assumed that it could have been from her bed. A description of the blanket found with Caylee hadn't been released until the autopsy reports come out. (I could be wrong about that and I could have missed an article prior).

IIRC, one of the Detectives entered the home to present a search warrant (after Caylee had been found) and it was then that CA told them that a winnie the pooh blanket of Caylee's was missing.

I know that there is far more damning evidence against KC, but this has always bothered me. On many levels. Especially since I always gave CA and GA distance from deep scrutiny because of their loss of a grandchild. However, given that I have gone back and reread many statements now made by CA since Caylee was found and since the release of the autopsy report to the public yesterday, I am starting to think that she might have deliberately mislead the Orlando LE.

I know that there is far more damning evidence against KC, but this has always bothered me. On many levels. Especially since I always gave CA and GA distance from deep scrutiny because of their loss of a grandchild. However, given that I have gone back and reread many statements now made by CA since Caylee was found and since the release of the autopsy report to the public yesterday, I am starting to think that she might have deliberately mislead the Orlando LE.

--respectfully snipped

Glad we're having this Winnie the Pooh blanker review.....this is all so clear again! Likewise, I had given George and Cindy a deep-scrutiny pass and remember when this happened becoming angry with CA for not being more forthcoming about that blanket. That was the moment I accepted that CA's agenda was to focus on protecting KC, not discovering the truth. In CA's world lying by omission is not really lying. I think LE felt the same, because isn't this when 'obstruction of justice' charges started being tossed around in re. George & Cindy? I know there were several other instances that concerned LE that they were withholding info, but pretty sure this was one of the first.

I believe Cindy only came forward with the info that a Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing from her home when LE showed up in December (after remains were found) w/ a search warrant. IIRC, she stated that she has a WTP blanket missing as she was looking at the search warrant LE gave her. After finding a Winnie the Pooh blanket with the remains they must have had Winnie the Pooh blankets, etc listed on the search warrant. IMO, there is no way Cindy just discovered their Winnie the Pooh blanket missing in December. She knew way before then.

I don't think that LE will press charges against them either. I just wanted to look at the big picture here. Thank you all for your input :)

i havent read back yet....but i have been trying to find a pic of the shirt that was described as being found with caylee....and i came across this blanket that sounded like what was described as being found....what do you think? ME mentions piglet on pooh's back ...on the blanket....

http://cgi.ebay.com/Luxury-POOH-PIGL...ayphotohosting

i found this one too

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fleece-Winnie-Th...ayphotohosting

i hate to bump my own post....but here are two blanks that show piglet riding on pooh back....the comforter from the crib set that is seen in the people's M....piglet is on pooh's tummy....not back....

i dont think this is the blanket that was found....ME says something about piglet on pooh's back....and i dont think that set is like that....:)

Takenote. CuriousTwo found a picture of Caylee sitting on her bed with a blanket that matches the description of the one found with Caylee in DEC. Piglet is on Pooh's back.

Forgive me if this has already been posted, but I ran across a photo of Caylee sitting on her Pooh blanket. Just FYI.

http://media.myfoxorlando.com/photogalleries/12108hope/1/lg/61.htm

Also, above I had found a picture of CA in front of the bed from a people magazine spread done a while back. I think it's in my initial post on this thread, this page.

I don't know if the blanket is a comforter that was taken from Caylee's bed, or a blanket that went with the set...

All I know is that the autopsy report confirmed in my mind that the blanket found with Caylee matches the set she had in her bedroom in her home (from description). I really do think the Prosecution may bring this up at trial and use it. However, given all the other information in the autopsy it's not the only thing that is going to put her away.

I thought to myself months before Caylee was found, Please let there be something that points to her Mother...Then I remembered KC saying in the Jail house visit video...reminding CA that the "Nanny" had a key to CA's home.

The whole thing just bothers me is all. Not that important.

i dont think this is the blanket that was found....ME says something about piglet on pooh's back....and i dont think that set is like that....:)
In that picture on Fox Orlando, it looks like piglet may be on Pooh's back, but the design is right behind Caylee so it's hard to tell. At any rate Piglet is very close to Pooh in the picture.

I believe Cindy only came forward with the info that a Winnie the Pooh blanket was missing from her home when LE showed up in December (after remains were found) w/ a search warrant. IIRC, she stated that she has a WTP blanket missing as she was looking at the search warrant LE gave her. After finding a Winnie the Pooh blanket with the remains they must have had Winnie the Pooh blankets, etc listed on the search warrant. IMO, there is no way Cindy just discovered their Winnie the Pooh blanket missing in December. She knew way before then.
The above Bolded:
Please forgive for not citing where I remember this from, but I remember distinctly Cindy telling the world that she still washed Caylee's bedding every week. She knew from the get-go that the blanket was missing. Washing the new, replacement bedding sure would make it appear as though it was Caylee's original bedding.

Also, above I had found a picture of CA in front of the bed from a people magazine spread done a while back. I think it's in my initial post on this thread, this page.

I don't know if the blanket is a comforter that was taken from Caylee's bed, or a blanket that went with the set...

All I know is that the autopsy report confirmed in my mind that the blanket found with Caylee matches the set she had in her bedroom in her home (from description).

Here's that pic from the people article:

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00031/b4s_cayleeb0726_31953c.jpeg

IIRC CA stated in an early interview that Caylee's room was exactly the same and that nothing was missing from her room, including the brown teddy bear. Anyone else recall this? This was very early in the case and I am wanting to say it was maybe a Greta interview. :waitasec: Can anyone recall? We speculated early on that the fact that nothing was missing from Caylee's room was a red flag in the beginning, long before we had much information to work with.
It was also speculated that maybe KC had purchased a replacement blanket so that CA wouldn't notice that the blanket was missing. Am I losing my mind or does anyone remember this? :bang:
I am attempting to get up the strength to read the autopsy report, and once I do, following that I will search for this interview I am referring to. If anyone can chime in I would really appreciate it.

In her Greta interview- the 'exclusive' walk through of the anthony home in August. When Greta asked her if that was how the room had always been, CA said it was , except for there was normally a winnie the pooh blanket on her bed.

Bringing this over from an old thread that I posted on.....
P3382....
On dec 20th, I obtained another search warrant for the Anthony residence on Hopespring Dr. The SW was signed by Judge Perry who sealed both the warrant and the affidavit. This SW was base on additional evidence recovered since Dec 11. Cindy and George Anthony were home when the warrant was executed. While standing in the living room waiting to begin our search, Cynthia read the copy of the warrant we gave her. In the presence of us all, she made a statement that one of Caylee's “winnie the pooh” blankets was missing. George was visibly upset and angry at our presence. He was confrontational with us until cynthia had him wait on the back patio.

Everytime I come to this thread I choke up. There is something seriously wrong and demented when Winnie the Pooh and decomp is in the same sentence. I think the jury will feel the same way.

I agree. I went to a baby shower today. I went to get her a present this morning. She had registered at a store for items that she wanted. The baby's room is being designed in Winnie the Pooh. I just couldn't buy anything with Pooh on it. I got her diapers and a baseball outfit instead.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back