GA - Troy Davis fails to prove his innocence to Supreme Court

Makes me sick. Wonder what the jurors on this case think if they are still around that they may have convicted on wrong information! This is horrible!

Makes me sick. Wonder what the jurors on this case think if they are still around that they may have convicted on wrong information! This is horrible!

Don't know how many, but some are said to have changed their minds and at least one said that he wouldn't be there is they knew then what they know now.

ETA: and O/T Brewer NOT DAVIS in TX was executed and pronounced dead at 7:21 -- probably 6:21 TX time.

Thanks HR, just don't have any knowledge about this stuff. 1 hour should be about 730 central time.

Unfortunately I volunteered for the IP in my state for 6 years and I know all too well about all of this. Thankfully, all of the cases I worked hands on did not result in execution. Only one of them has not been released.

Democracy Now! is reporting a 1 to 7 day reprieve--Not a stay!! But the Supreme Court is saying it could last any time from 1 to 7 days.

ETA: Not sure how true this is, it is being reported on channel 11 in GA.

7 Day reprieve by Supreme Court as stated by someone on the live feed.....Geesh :-(

BTW Brewer WAS executed..at 721PM..NOW that one I dont care about..Higher Court will deal with him!!

Democracy Now! is reporting a 1 to 7 day reprieve--Not a stay!! But the Supreme Court is saying it could last any time from 1 to 7 days.

ETA: Not sure how true this is, it is being reported on channel 11 in GA.

Considering the information they have to go through, some of contradictory, I can see it taking up to 7 days.

I certainly hope that this isn't some sort of trick to keep the peace and that the SCOTUS won't rule in the middle of the night and execute him while everyone sleeps. If I were in GA, I would stay in that field until it is over.

I certainly hope that this isn't some sort of trick to keep the peace and that the SCOTUS won't rule in the middle of the night and execute him while everyone sleeps. If I were in GA, I would stay in that field until it is over.

Agree, I would do the same thing. I don't think those people are gonna leave.

ETA: I'll stay up all night if I have to.

I cant stay up for 7 days...I'm gonna head to bed :grouphug: you all - let's keep praying for the best.

Over 100 officers in riot gear...
I wonder if there will be an outbreak of violence?
40K strong watching democracy now. Things in this country need a radical change...

I was thinking this same thing....

NOW..that would be cruel and unusual punishment and NOT just for Troy but everyone who is in his corner...Surely there is a God living inside someone's soul that rises above the foam????

I have to head out..MY heart and breathing needs to regroup..Pray things go to more judicial minds of evidence and fairness kicks in!!

Salut..and Prayers

Thank you all for being here. :hug:

Semi o/t, and I abhor what he did, but I also am thinking of Lawrence Brewer and his family, as well as James Byrd and his family tonight. May they all know peace, and may something good come out of this killing. :(

Keeping those in Atlanta in my thoughts too. May they have the strength to remain and keep watch for Troy Davis.

Officer MacPhail's mother is on CNN right now. The anguish THIS poor woman must have gone through and apparently is STILL going through!

Officer MacPhail's mother is on CNN right now. The anguish THIS poor woman must have gone through and apparently is STILL going through!

In my opinion, this is another reason why LWOP is so much better. When there is a death sentence there are often multiple appeals and stays like this, where you think that this is it and it will be over and then there is a stay and it gets tons of attention because of the fact that the person's life is at stake.

When the sentence is LWOP, there is much less attention and when there are appeals, it usually means nothing. Only when it is proven that the person is not guilty through something like DNA do the people even have a chance of their punishment not being carried out and if there were DNA, for the victims family to still want the person punished, it is something altogether different that I wouldn't be able to understand.

This is exactly what my husband thinks is happening.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back