FL FL - Michelle Parker, 33, Orlando, 17 Nov 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now how do you account for Dale going missing for at least 3 and a half hours (4:30-8:00pm) where he was unable to be reached by phone in the critical hours when Michelle went missing?

Speaking of that, I was just rewatching a Vinnie Politan prime news special this evening where he was talking with Lauren, Michelle's sister. She claims that he did not answer any of her phone calls to him and eventually YS was able to get a hold of his mother who told her she would see if she could find him. He called her back and said that he was at his mother's house.

Sounds pretty fishy to me. How big is the Smith estate that she couldn't find him when she was speaking to YS? :waitasec:

And yes...that is a witness statement IMO. Lauren and YS are witnesses to this event as in, they were involved with trying to locate both Michelle and DSJr during the time frame in question. YS spoke to DSJr himself when he called her back after his mother "found him". Witness statements do not just come from people who actually saw something.

Oh and he also told them that Michelle got there at about 4pm, stayed for about 10 minutes and said she was going shopping. Direct from Lauren. He then had LE at his home later that evening. I doubt very much that he wavered from that version at that time. In fact, Lauren believed that the time on the surveillance video must have been incorrect because of what he had told them.

MOO

Speaking of that, I was just rewatching a Vinnie Politan prime news special this evening where he was talking with Lauren, Michelle's sister. She claims that he did not answer any of her phone calls to him and eventually YS was able to get a hold of his mother who told her she would see if she could find him. He called her back and said that he was at his mother's house.

Sounds pretty fishy to me. How big is the Smith estate that she couldn't find him when she was speaking to YS? :waitasec:

And yes...that is a witness statement IMO. Lauren and YS are witnesses to this event as in, they were involved with trying to locate both Michelle and DSJr during the time frame in question. YS spoke to DSJr himself when he called her back after his mother "found him". Witness statements do not just come from people who actually saw something.

Oh and he also told them that Michelle got there at about 4pm, stayed for about 10 minutes and said she was going shopping. Direct from Lauren. He then had LE at his home later that evening. I doubt very much that he wavered from that version at that time. In fact, Lauren believed that the time on the surveillance video must have been incorrect because of what he had told them.

MOO

"... Witness statements do not just come from people who actually saw something ..." that is true and this is just an occasion of one, we also have another statement from another family member only this time from Sr. who claims (according to Dale's attorney) that he actually saw Dale arrive at his house (Sr's) at 4:30 pm.

As for Lauren recollection, if I remember correctly, that is in direct conflict with the operator of the video equipment who certified the accuracy of the time of MP arrival at the condo at 3:18 pm plus or minus 2 seconds.

I think quite the contrary could be argued as true. Limiting oneself to Dale and only Dale is only optimal assuming he is in fact guilty, but just suppose for the sake of the argument that he's not responsible, then any search conducted under that assumption would have been unarguably futile.

I do understand also that not having another suspect leads inevitably to speculate and form opinions about Dale and only Dale, and that is fine as long we don't mistake lack of evidence as evidence of this or that.

Also, no matter what percentage of chance one might give it and if any, one cannot possibly and absolutely discount the possibility of an unknown predator and a location where he might have hidden the body, is not that it has not happened before and it actually has, quite frequently unfortunately I might add.

Lastly I think this debate would be much more interesting if and when the police release more evidence and especially if they charge Dale or somebody else with the crime. AMO

I don't consider this a possibility, because there are no sightings of Michelle's Hummer with intact GLOW decals after 3:18 pm.

JMO, but if her vehicle had left Carter Glen with the decals intact, someone would have seen it and reported it. Even if it was just someone sitting behind/beside the Hummer in traffic and there was nothing to indicate anything suspicious going on such as a car jacking or abduction, SOMEONE would've noticed that vehicle and reported it. And if there WAS something suspicious going on, how likely is it that no one would take notice of it, considering it would have occurred during broad daylight in heavy traffic?

It would be one thing if she had been driving a nondescript vehicle that would have easily blended in and quite possibly have been overlooked. But that Hummer with the GLOW decals was ANYTHING but nondescript. I just don't buy for a minute that it would have slipped out of Dale's complex and into the mid afternoon traffic completely unnoticed.

IMO, the GLOW decals had already been removed from the Hummer when it was driven out of the complex on November 17, 2012. And if that is indeed the case, then there is no way an "unknown predator" was responsible for Michelle's disappearance.

-JMO.

I don't consider this a possibility, because there are no sightings of Michelle's Hummer with intact GLOW decals after 3:18 pm.

JMO, but if her vehicle had left Carter Glen with the decals intact, someone would have seen it and reported it. Even if it was just someone sitting behind/beside the Hummer in traffic and there was nothing to indicate anything suspicious going on such as a car jacking or abduction, SOMEONE would've noticed that vehicle and reported it. And if there WAS something suspicious going on, how likely is it that no one would take notice of it, considering it would have occurred during broad daylight in heavy traffic?

It would be one thing if she had been driving a nondescript vehicle that would have easily blended in and quite possibly have been overlooked. But that Hummer with the GLOW decals was ANYTHING but nondescript. I just don't buy for a minute that it would have slipped out of Dale's complex and into the mid afternoon traffic completely unnoticed.

IMO, the GLOW decals had already been removed from the Hummer when it was driven out of the complex on November 17, 2012. And if that is indeed the case, then there is no way an "unknown predator" was responsible for Michelle's disappearance.

-JMO.

I am not following here, if somebody did not notice the Hummer then it logically follows it did not notice its decals, missing or otherwise. The Hummer is not your average vehicle, it isn't something people just notice, they usually stare at it whether it has decals or not, it is not something then simply blends into any traffic, in that sense the Hummer is a huge decal.

By specific it is intended what evidence, what kind? Specific would be ... "we have strong evidence that point to DS and that is why we named him a suspect", unspecific is "we have evidence and we have a suspect".

This argument is Pure Semantics. Just sayin.....

I am not following here, if somebody did not notice the Hummer then it logically follows it did not notice its decals,missing or otherwise, also I notice your use of "if", which indicates you don't know one way or the other which is ok since neither do I and possibly no one else, that being clearly the case how then can it be that something not known proves something else is not possible (a predator in this case)?

Black Hummers are not all that uncommon in the Orlando area. There are two or more in Dale's neighborhood alone, apparently. But a black Hummer with huge GLOW decals in the back and side windows would stand out and would not go unnoticed, IMO. Why else would the decals have been removed? And yes, my use of "if" indicates I don't know for certain that my opinion of what happened is what actually happened. That's why it's stated as an opinion and not fact. HTH.

Black Hummers are not all that uncommon in the Orlando area. There are two or more in Dale's neighborhood alone, apparently. But a black Hummer with huge GLOW decals in the back and side windows would stand out and would not go unnoticed, IMO. Why else would the decals have been removed? And yes, my use of "if" indicates I don't know for certain that my opinion of what happened is what actually happened. That's why it's stated as an opinion and not fact. HTH.

Fair enough, I did jumped the gun there, I apologize, and I do agree to a point, but the Hummer is still hugely noticeable if for no other reasons then for its size, but I think it is fair to say that it would have been more noticeable with the decals. However it seems there is no reported sightings of MP's Hummer with or without decals prior to its final discovery. JMO

"... Witness statements do not just come from people who actually saw something ..." that is true and this is just an occasion of one, we also have another statement from another family member only this time from Sr. who claims (according to Dale's attorney) that he actually saw Dale arrive at his house (Sr's) at 4:30 pm.

As for Lauren recollection, if I remember correctly, that is in direct conflict with the operator of the video equipment who certified the accuracy of the time of MP arrival at the condo at 3:18 pm plus or minus 2 seconds.

BBM

That's exactly my point. The official story for the first week was that she arrived at around 4pm, stayed about 10 minutes and then left to go shopping. The crimeline site still has her last known siting at about 4:15pm at the condo.

And then the video came out. The family was understandably confused because why would DSJr have lied about the arrival time and what actually transpired between them? The video must be wrong. But no...the video was accurate and it became apparent to everyone that DSJr had lied. The Waterford text was also in question at that time because not only had Michelle told her family she was going right home after dropping off the children, she had also already been shopping with her mother that day. And a check of the phone pings indicated that the phone was no where near Waterford at the time of the text. So he was asked to take a lie detector. He refused and refused to answer one more question from LE or anyone, including the family. He got a high powered attorney and has remained silent and refused to co-operate with the investigation ever since. And considering that he was the last person to see Michelle, his co-operation, had it been truthful, would have been crucial to finding out what happened to Michelle. Not to mention his obvious penchant for the limelight which he remained out of the entire time. Neither he nor any member of his family had one word to say to either the media or the family regarding the disappearance during that first week.

So it's not just his history that puts him on the radar as the prime suspect. It's the lies, inconsistencies and suspicious behaviour from both him and his family right from the beginning. Nothing he said adds up and LE have the evidence to prove it. And his alibi about being at his parents house the whole time is suspect too. We still don't know who this "witness" was to say that he was there at 4:30pm. But we know he was there at some point because that's where he left the children. Although his mother couldn't find him when YS called. And he wasn't answering his phone either. No one spoke to DSSr that evening that I'm aware of either.

Where did you get the information that it was Sr that claimed he was there at 4:30?

MOO

Assuming Jr. actually supplied the 4:00 arrival time, is it necessarily true that he lied about it? Could he simply have been mistaken? I am good example of a person who frequently has no idea what time it is unless I have some specific reason to be looking at the clock. If you ask me what time something happened (or what time it is), I'm lucky if I can tell you within the hour - again, unless I've got some reason to be watching the clock, or if I can tie it to some event that I know happened at a certain time.

I've wondered about formal custody arrangements for the twins because I'd like to know if Michelle was supposed to be at the condo at a specific time with them. To my thinking, that could have a bearing on the likelihood of whether he lied or was simply mistaken. For instance, if she was supposed to arrive at 4, that could tend to show he assumed she arrived approximately when she was supposed to even though he hadn't looked at the clock. On the other hand, if she was supposed to arrive at 3, I'd be more likely to think he lied because (unless he was asleep or deeply engaged in something) he would likely know she was late and would be watching the clock.

BBM

That's exactly my point. The official story for the first week was that she arrived at around 4pm, stayed about 10 minutes and then left to go shopping. The crimeline site still has her last known siting at about 4:15pm at the condo.

And then the video came out. The family was understandably confused because why would DSJr have lied about the arrival time and what actually transpired between them? The video must be wrong. But no...the video was accurate and it became apparent to everyone that DSJr had lied. The Waterford text was also in question at that time because not only had Michelle told her family she was going right home after dropping off the children, she had also already been shopping with her mother that day. And a check of the phone pings indicated that the phone was no where near Waterford at the time of the text. So he was asked to take a lie detector. He refused and refused to answer one more question from LE or anyone, including the family. He got a high powered attorney and has remained silent and refused to co-operate with the investigation ever since. And considering that he was the last person to see Michelle, his co-operation, had it been truthful, would have been crucial to finding out what happened to Michelle. Not to mention his obvious penchant for the limelight which he remained out of the entire time. Neither he nor any member of his family had one word to say to either the media or the family regarding the disappearance during that first week.

So it's not just his history that puts him on the radar as the prime suspect. It's the lies, inconsistencies and suspicious behaviour from both him and his family right from the beginning. Nothing he said adds up and LE have the evidence to prove it. And his alibi about being at his parents house the whole time is suspect too. We still don't know who this "witness" was to say that he was there at 4:30pm. But we know he was there at some point because that's where he left the children. Although his mother couldn't find him when YS called. And he wasn't answering his phone either. No one spoke to DSSr that evening that I'm aware of either.

Where did you get the information that it was Sr that claimed he was there at 4:30?

MOO

So apparently when YS called DS mom and mom said that she would try and locate him...I am guessing that he had his phone on him since he called YS back (meaning mom called him and said YS was looking for him) if this is the case can LE not see where HIS phone pinged to find Michelle? How does that work? Do they have this information?

So apparently when YS called DS mom and mom said that she would try and locate him...I am guessing that he had his phone on him since he called YS back (meaning mom called him and said YS was looking for him) if this is the case can LE not see where HIS phone pinged to find Michelle? How does that work? Do they have this information?

Well if Dale was clever (which I believe he was in this disappearance to a degree) he would have left the phone at his parents so the pings would confirm his phone was where he established the phony alibi (at his parent's house). There hasn't been any MSM reports on Dale's phone pings which LE has. IMO I doubt he would have his phone or hers with him while he was hiding Michelle. Otherwise they probably would have found her by now.

It's possible. But then we do not know how quickly DSJr called YS back. It could have been 5 minutes later, it could have been an hour later or whenever he did actually return to Rose Blvd.

But yes...LE do know this information and likely have supeonaed his phone records.

MOO

Assuming Jr. actually supplied the 4:00 arrival time, is it necessarily true that he lied about it? Could he simply have been mistaken? I am good example of a person who frequently has no idea what time it is unless I have some specific reason to be looking at the clock. If you ask me what time something happened (or what time it is), I'm lucky if I can tell you within the hour - again, unless I've got some reason to be watching the clock, or if I can tie it to some event that I know happened at a certain time.

I've wondered about formal custody arrangements for the twins because I'd like to know if Michelle was supposed to be at the condo at a specific time with them. To my thinking, that could have a bearing on the likelihood of whether he lied or was simply mistaken. For instance, if she was supposed to arrive at 4, that could tend to show he assumed she arrived approximately when she was supposed to even though he hadn't looked at the clock. On the other hand, if she was supposed to arrive at 3, I'd be more likely to think he lied because (unless he was asleep or deeply engaged in something) he would likely know she was late and would be watching the clock.

Well I'm not assuming that DSJr provided the 4pm time, Lauren specifically stated that's what he told them. And if she arrived at say 3:45pm I could see a bit of a discrepancy. But she arrived at 3:20pm. And he arrived at his parent's home at 4:30pm as per that trusty witness. So even if he was way off on the time and she had stayed 10 minutes as he stated, he would have arrived at his parent's place around 4pm. And in this day of tech gadgets, phones and digital clocks on everything in the house as well as car dash clocks, I do not believe anyone can be off by 40 minutes when estimating something so crucial. This was the most important information he was ever going to be asked and he just winged it? I don't think so.

The whole timeline does not work. If he had left, just after Michelle, as per his original story to the family, he would not have made it to his parent's home at 4:30pm. It would have been closer to 4:45 or later. So with the whole family giving out these times (if in fact it was Sr as Thor has stated) that don't work and refusing to co-operate until they were actually supeonaed for questioning, it all does look rather suspect.

As far as the custody arrangements I have no idea. I've always considered it very odd that Michelle was dropping off the children at 3:20pm on a Thursday afternoon only for DSJr to take them to his parents place and leave them there because he had to work the next day. I'd love to know why and how that actual arrangement came about that day.

MOO

BBM

MOO

On the 4:00 pm issue: Dale is supposed to have lied here because of a family member recollection that he initially asserted that MP got to the condo at 4:00 pm, and that he then obviously changed his story to 3:18 pm when the video footage came out, and I think that is entirely legitimate as long as we understand that this theory rests on two basic assumptions:

1. That the family's recollection of Dale stating MP arrived at 4:00 pm is factual and not erroneous.

2. That Dale did not simply made an innocent mistake. And I think southern_confort point here is well taken, I too would be hard pressed to recollect exactly a particular time unless I had specific reasons to do so.

On the Waterford text. I'm lost here, we don't know factually who sent the text, do we?

3: On the lie detector. A jury is not allowed to hear testimony about Dale's refusal to take a lie detector test, and I know we are not a jury, but there's no reason why the basic fairness of it should not apply here as well. It's common knowledge that lie detectors are unreliable and this issue has been stated here many times and by me as well. To make a long story short, there are no reason for Dale to take a lie detector test, being that the police was not able to find another suspect, whether he passed it or not it would be reasonable to assume he'd still be "the suspect". Besides for many, had Dale taken and passed the test it would have meant he was too clever to have failed it, and if he had failed it, it would have been proof positive of his guilt.

On the alibi It seems there's testimony by Sr and/or other such immediate family members that puts Dale at the Sr's at 4:30 pm because of public statements made by Dale's attorney in explaining the impossibility of Dale being the perp under certain time constrains. I think here one thinks what one thinks.

On Dale not answering the phone I don't answer my phone sometimes because I don't want to or because I don't hear it ringing or for whatever reason. Assuming that Dale did not in fact answer the phone, maybe it is because he was too busy committing a crime or may be not and I think here it's what one chooses to believe.

All my opinions

Well I'm not assuming that DSJr provided the 4pm time, Lauren specifically stated that's what he told them. And if she arrived at say 3:45pm I could see a bit of a discrepancy. But she arrived at 3:20pm. And he arrived at his parent's home at 4:30pm as per that trusty witness. So even if he was way off on the time and she had stayed 10 minutes as he stated, he would have arrived at his parent's place around 4pm. And in this day of tech gadgets, phones and digital clocks on everything in the house as well as car dash clocks, I do not believe anyone can be off by 40 minutes when estimating something so crucial. This was the most important information he was ever going to be asked and he just winged it? I don't think so.

The whole timeline does not work. If he had left, just after Michelle, as per his original story to the family, he would not have made it to his parent's home at 4:30pm. It would have been closer to 4:45 or later. So with the whole family giving out these times (if in fact it was Sr as Thor has stated) that don't work and refusing to co-operate until they were actually supeonaed for questioning, it all does look rather suspect.

As far as the custody arrangements I have no idea. I've always considered it very odd that Michelle was dropping off the children at 3:20pm on a Thursday afternoon only for DSJr to take them to his parents place and leave them there because he had to work the next day. I'd love to know why and how that actual arrangement came about that day.

MOO

BBM. If he didn't do anything to Michelle and didn't know where she was, why would he have considered it the most important information he was ever going to be asked? Maybe he considered Lauren a nuisance, gave her an estimate, and went on his way.

BBM. If he didn't do anything to Michelle and didn't know where she was, why would he have considered it the most important information he was ever going to be asked? Maybe he considered Lauren a nuisance, gave her an estimate, and went on his way.

The police were at his door after the phone call. They would have asked him the same questions. To the best of my knowledge that 4pm arrival time stood for about a week until that video was released. Common sense and logic once again indicates that he was maintaining that time with both the family and LE if the family were surprised by the time on the video and believed it to be wrong. If he had given a different time to LE, they would have passed that on to the family. It doesn't appear that at any time he rethought the times and corrected himself. If he had, he would have realized that the 4:30pm time at his parents doesn't work with what he told LE. He thought he was good until he was confronted with that video. And I've already posted what happened then.

Making excuses for his supposed haphazard conduct and or memory doesn't change the evidence. He misled the investigation from the very first night. No one is off by more than 40 minutes when being questioned by police IMO.

And by the time the family got a hold of DSJr, they had already called the police. And I'm sure they told him that. I don't think he would have considered their calls a nuisance knowing that the police were on the way to speak to him.

When someone is missing and you may be the last known person to see them, then the information you give to whomever is asking is crucial and is one of the most important things you might be asked. No one would wing it and estimate. They would remember every little detail. If he watched the entire PC episode, he knew that she didn't show up an hour after it ended.

He lied. IMO

MOO

If you are the last person to be seen with your missing ex, and you are asked what time you last saw them, and where they were going, that would be crucial information, even in your own defense.

He has a criminal past, so he knew that he needed to give proper and accurate
info about the timing or he could get himself into trouble.

If he did not look at a clock when she left, he should have said so. If he did not know what time she dropped the kids off, then why say it was 4? Why not just say I don't know what time it was?

And he had just watched the peoples court, so he knew what time it was.lol
He was just plain lying. jmo

On the 4:00 pm issue: Dale is supposed to have lied here because of a family member recollection that he initially asserted that MP got to the condo at 4:00 pm, and that he then obviously changed his story to 3:18 pm when the video footage came out, and I think that is entirely legitimate as long as we understand that this theory rests on two basic assumptions:

1. That the family's recollection of Dale stating MP arrived at 4:00 pm is factual and not erroneous.

2. That Dale did not simply made an innocent mistake. And I think southern_confort point here is well taken, I too would be hard pressed to recollect exactly a particular time unless I had specific reasons to do so.

On the Waterford text. I'm lost here, we don't know factually who sent the text, do we?

3: On the lie detector. A jury is not allowed to hear testimony about Dale's refusal to take a lie detector test, and I know we are not a jury, but there's no reason why the basic fairness of it should not apply here as well. It's common knowledge that lie detectors are unreliable and this issue has been stated here many times and by me as well. To make a long story short, there are no reason for Dale to take a lie detector test, being that the police was not able to find another suspect, whether he passed it or not it would be reasonable to assume he'd still be "the suspect". Besides for many, had Dale taken and passed the test it would have meant he was too clever to have failed it, and if he had failed it, it would have been proof positive of his guilt.

On the alibi It seems there's testimony by Sr and/or other such immediate family members that puts Dale at the Sr's at 4:30 pm because of public statements made by Dale's attorney in explaining the impossibility of Dale being the perp under certain time constrains. I think here one thinks what one thinks.

On Dale not answering the phone I don't answer my phone sometimes because I don't want to or because I don't hear it ringing or for whatever reason. Assuming that Dale did not in fact answer the phone, maybe it is because he was too busy committing a crime or may be not and I think here it's what one chooses to believe.

All my opinions

1. So you're thinking that that family was mistaken in what he told them?!? I think it was pretty important to them that they got all the facts straight.

2. He did have a specific reason to remember. The police were involved. And no we don't know "factually" who sent the Waterford text. So we also cannot assume that it was Michelle either. It was sent by whomever was in possession of that phone at 4:26pm.

3. DSJr's refusal to take a lie detector and to stop co-operating with police when confronted with a large discrepancy in his timeline is a huge red flag. He had the opportunity to correct his timeline and apparently did not. His story now stands that it took him an hour to get to his parent's house. A 20-25 minute drive. His lawyer has boxed him into that timeline. Yes the refusal cannot be used as evidence in a trial but it can certainly be used as a basis for an opinion on a message board. And his statements to police as well as that video can be used as evidence in a trial. So the discrepancy will be noted.

4. There is no testimony from DSSr or any other family that I'm aware of. I would certainly like to know that it is him and/or his wife who are providing that alibi because once again that makes it suspect.

5. A 40yr old single social guy who does not answer his phone is suspect. But you're right. I would not take that as proof of anything. What I do take issue with is that his mother did answer and was unable to put him on the phone even though he claimed that he was there.

MOO

The police were at his door after the phone call. They would have asked him the same questions. To the best of my knowledge that 4pm arrival time stood for about a week until that video was released. Common sense and logic once again indicates that he was maintaining that time with both the family and LE if the family were surprised by the time on the video and believed it to be wrong. If he had given a different time to LE, they would have passed that on to the family. It doesn't appear that at any time he rethought the times and corrected himself. If he had, he would have realized that the 4:30pm time at his parents doesn't work with what he told LE. He thought he was good until he was confronted with that video. And I've already posted what happened then.

Making excuses for his supposed haphazard conduct and or memory doesn't change the evidence. He misled the investigation from the very first night. No one is off by more than 40 minutes when being questioned by police IMO.

And by the time the family got a hold of DSJr, they had already called the police. And I'm sure they told him that. I don't think he would have considered their calls a nuisance knowing that the police were on the way to speak to him.

When someone is missing and you may be the last known person to see them, then the information you give to whomever is asking is crucial and is one of the most important things you might be asked. No one would wing it and estimate. They would remember every little detail. If he watched the entire PC episode, he knew that she didn't show up an hour after it ended.

He lied. IMO

MOO

IMO, I really don't think that you can characterize different takes on the same issue as the equivalent of making excuses for Dale anymore that other interpretations of the same facts could be characterized as an excuse to make Dale appear guilty.

Speaking of facts and evidence, is it true that Dale's account on when Michelle arrived at the condo is contradictory? What facts point to that? You have an eyewitness account, in this case Lauren, who says so, arguably Dale might not agree with that particular statement or simply say he was mistaken. It seems that here there is a confusion of what is an established fact and what is an interpretation of the facts with a substantial difference between the two.

Also, if this turns out to be the battle of the families statements, then Dale would be better off for it, since it seems that another statements made by one or more of his family member puts him at Sr's at 4:30 pm, and there is really no way he could have been responsible for the crime (at the condo) if that timeline would be valid.

It is also not reasonable IMO that if Dale did not recall the exact time that it necessarily means that he lied because that was too crucial a point not to remember, and I think here southern_confort answered it very well by saying (I'm paraphrasing) that Dale simply might have given Lauren an estimate of the time as per his recollection of the moment since the importance of such an issue might be relevant to the investigation later but not necessarily to Dale at the time. JMO

IMO, I really don't think that you can characterize different takes on the same issue as the equivalent of making excuses for Dale anymore that other interpretations of the same facts could be characterized as an excuse to make Dale appear guilty.

Speaking of facts and evidence, is it true that Dale's account on when Michelle arrived at the condo is contradictory? What facts point to that? You have an eyewitness account, in this case Lauren, who says so, arguably Dale might not agree with that particular statement or simply say he was mistaken. It seems that here there is a confusion of what is an established fact and what is an interpretation of the facts with a substantial difference between the two.

It is also not reasonable IMO that if Dale did not recall the exact time that it necessarily means that he lied because that was too crucial a point not to remember, and I think here southern_confort answered it very well by saying (I'm paraphrasing) that Dale simply might have given Lauren an estimate of the time as per his recollection of the moment since the importance of such an issue might be relevant to the investigation later but not necessarily to Dale at the time. JMO

Bottom line is that none of his timelines work with the witness statement that he arrived at his parent's home at 4:30pm.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member