The Verdict - Do you agree or disagree?

Status
Not open for further replies.
FCA is one of the luckiest people alive. Watching this video on the Scott Peterson case:
http://youtu.be/16yDfsKS5g4

If you fast forward to 7:20 in the video you will hear 3 people on the SP jury give reasons why they came to their verdict. The similarities between this case and FCA's are eery."The case was circumstantial and everything put together makes the whole picture." WHY couldn't FCA jurors do that??? :banghead:

100% disagree with the verdict, the jury got it dead wrong IMO

Wow that was fascinating to watch. That was remarkable. Must see video.

This Scott Peterson jury was SMART! :rocker:

I thought it was interesting how the one juror felt it was inappropriate for the people to be standing outside the court building cheering, but boy is it is easy to comprehend having just been dealt the blow the FCA jury gave a lot of us. Definitely a cause to cheer when the jury gets it right like they did with Scott Peterson - justice has been served and the system worked (that time.)

Also interesting is how this jury stuck around after the sentencing and gave their interviews. They did not have to hide their heads in shame. And listening to them speak - wow, just the opposite of the FCA jury. Common sense shining!

Me too but George was around, so who was really Caylee's caregiver that day? That seemed to be the argument against child abuse/neglect, which I really don't get.

No matter where she is or who she is with, Caylee was FKC's child and she was her legal guardian. - she had custody of that child and was ALWAYS her primary caregiver.

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.

That unknown caregiver situation was not a puzzle to the jury, they merely tossed it out as the first excuse they reached for, without a second thought. Our legal system needs an overhaul...this is not justice for all, too many ways to sneak around it.

Not sure where to stick this, but KC was drawn to Italian men. Italians have strong families. Something she was unfamiliar with, evidently but was drawn to. There must have been a reason why it didn't come into evidence that TONY didn't allow little Caylee to spend the night with he and the murdering little wench. That still bothers me ~ It is my opinion that the reason KC killed that baby was to have and enjoy her future life with TONY without the hindrance of that baby girl. Once she rid of her, she was at EASE all of a sudden.....I still wish there would have been just ONE (1) Conservative Italian-American on that jury.

The verdict is still a shock to me, and my own personal consolation is that this case was tried in the "media" and on this forum board among many others, and that the infernal creature, Casey Anthony, is effectively condemned as the evidence proves.

As for the jury, I think the folks that made it up were collectively inadequate to the task. Unfortunately, that kind of stuff happens. We live in a fallen world, and in spite of the best of effort and intention, there will be failures. This jury failed their duty, which I did not recognize until some of them started explaining themselves.

I think for the over all good, our system of justice is the right one. We may acquit a criminal here and there, but I think we all benefit from living in a society more inclined to pronounce innocence than guilt. It is less forgivable to condemn an innocent person than acquit a criminal. In the great scheme of things, anyway. Crap like this particular acquittal is a sad part of the scenery.

That said, I unequivocally "condemn" this jury for failing to do the important duty trusted to them. I hope they regret their choice, and learn something valuable about themselves because of it. I hate to think of the crappy choices members of this jury make in their personal lives, if their acquittal of FCA is any example.

No matter where she is or who she is with, Caylee was FKC's child and she was her legal guardian. - she had custody of that child and was ALWAYS her primary caregiver.

It doesn't matter who you dump your kid with (although in this case she didn't) if you are the child's sole guardian, you are still the child's guardian and responsible for her welfare.

That unknown caregiver situation was not a puzzle to the jury, they merely tossed it out as the first excuse they reached for, without a second thought. Our legal system needs an overhaul...this is not justice for all, too many ways to sneak around it.

I also think that was just hogwash to try to validate their verdict. KC's signed statement placed her and only her with Caylee (anyone would know the nanny was invented as a cover). OS are not evidence. They could have asked to see her statement.. oh yeah they never asked to see anything. :banghead: It seemed easier to make it more complicated by mulling over theories and points not presented???

I disagree with the verdict....
and the laws of opening statements must be changed... or add " opening statements are not evidence and may be a total fabrication of the truth, or a flat out lie designed to confuse you.."

I think the jury's verdict was correct. The prosecution proved only two things to me: Casey lied on a regular basis, and her family has a lot of problems.
What would you have needed to see or hear or touch or smell as proof?
What would have sealed the deal as guilty, to you?

According to the TIMELINE:

http://www.acandyrose.com/casey_anthony_31days-061608.htm

GEORGE ANTHONY
WORKED TODAY
George Anthony work shift at Lexus Dealership (Security Dept), 305 N. Semoran Blvd, Winter Park, FL. is 3-11pm 06/16/08.

Okay GA saw them leave at 12:50, he leaves home sometime before 3, CALLED CASEY at 3:03, never states why, then Casey starts the flurry of calls around 4. Hinky! Add Casey telling LE she dropped of Caylee sometime between 9 and 1. Hinky! Anyone gota an answer to these things?

Question for those jury members to ponder:
?: Would CA really even stand next to GA if he had done those things JB spun out to you. Was that disgusting verbal description of what GA did to CA more significant than the photos you saw of what was left of Caylee Marie.
?: Do you think FCA just looked innocent and childlike with her long hair and fake tears. Those were fake tears, just in case you just assumed they were real and because you couldn’t judge people. Hey guys - What about those tight tops she constantly re-tied to display her assets. Did that image convey innocence, or arrogance and some teasing boldness.
?: Didn’t you pay any attention to all of the evidence and the testimony from those experts which the state of Florida collected for you. Were you so eager to go back to your lives that you took the quickest way out. The state had treated you well, fed you well, paid for your entertainment, provided you with nice clean sheets in a very nice hotel, with pools and such. Don’t you feel guilty that you took all that the state of Florida did for you, and then reneged on your part of the agreement. You took an oath, were sworn in, and you failed to perform your part of the agreement. Guilty, yes, you are all guilty.
?: Did you ever think about what really happened to little Caylee Marie. Did you see the teeny tiny bones that had to be reassembled into some sort of skeleton of what was little Caylee Marie. Did you see those teeth marks on those teeny tiny bones, left by animals who pulled apart pieces of this baby as she lay in that swamp. Did you notice how all the adhesive had eroded from the duct tape, yet it still clung to her as if to keep her little skull intact while the rest of her was battered and tattered. Do you think that you should have looked at that tape as if it held a desperate message from Caylee Marie, as she was crying and dying and gasping for air. That duct tape had been placed across little Caylee Marie’s nose and mouth. Do you know what it feels like to not be able to breathe, to struggle to breathe because someone is stealing your breath away to make your life go away? Just try for a minute to imagine what hell it had to be – shove your face into a pillow so you can’t breathe. See how panicky it makes you feel. Caylee Marie was not even three, she was tiny, completely helpless, she was murdered, and she did not drown.
?: Is it okay to lie if it is to save your daughter from a “possible” death sentence. Even if she had been the one who left Caylee Marie in a garbage dump to disappear, expecting that the swamp scavengers would nibble and gnaw at her, making her disappear bit by tiny bit. Somebody wanted this babe dead and gone forever, never to be found. The thought of this just makes me so sad for this little throwaway babe, and so furious that someone could be so devoid of emotion to do something this despicable.
IMO

Unfortunately, this happens every day. Is it disgusting? You betcha. But it still happens.

Several LE officers spoke about this both before and after the trial. When a child is missing for 31 days--knowingly missing--and the mother doesn't report it.........it's child neglect.
*** After reading the entire thread, I see all you wise people pointed this out. :D
Which brings me to............
Why the same questions week after week after week after week?

LE dropped the child neglect charge after the GJ indictment. Therefore, she was NOT charged with child neglect.

The PT spent the whole trial convincing the jury that CA/GA were the ones raising and supporting Caylee. Must have worked.

Raising?......I didn't see that throughout the trial. Supporting?......yes, I agree but, that does not make them Caylee's legal guardian, i.e., primary caregiver.

I never said legal guardian. But, they did put alot of emphasis on CA and GA putting the roof over her head, taking care of daily duties. Enough so that the jury questioned who was watching Caylee that morning. GA even testified that him being early, feeding her, watching TV was normal day. JMO

Is that really true? Hypothetically, if you leave your kid with a babysitter and that child dies while in the care of a babysitter, you (the parent) are still charged and responsible for that child's death?

I totally disagree with the verdict. Have not even posted since it was read as I was so upset. Could not bear to think it was so. As for the pinellas 12, I just shake my head. I felt it was clear who the caregiver was. But looking beyond that point. 31 days 31 days how do you get past that? I just feel like Ca reporting Caylee missing at all was A waste a huge waste. And now we are all left to ponder how these 12 could make this mistake.

I pray these 12 at some point see what an injustice this was to a 2 year old child.

As for FCA I hope we never see her nor hear anything else she has to say. Add to that list all of her DT. It is over we think you lied and helped a baby killer go free. Unless any one of us want to free another baby killer what you say is just, blah blah blah.

Okay GA saw them leave at 12:50, he leaves home sometime before 3, CALLED CASEY at 3:03, never states why, then Casey starts the flurry of calls around 4. Hinky! Add Casey telling LE she dropped of Caylee sometime between 9 and 1. Hinky! Anyone gota an answer to these things?

From his depo, Pg. 11 and 12 regarding a phone call to KC:

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_GeorgeAnthony080408.html

As far as her flurry of calls, who knows, probably desperate for a babysitter or an alibi. As far as CAsey telling LE she dropped off Caylee simetime between 9 and 1? That's a pretty wide gap to NOT know when you dropped your child off. Hinky? You betcha!......but then what isn't hinky about everything she says?

What would you have needed to see or hear or touch or smell as proof?
What would have sealed the deal as guilty, to you?

I disagree with the verdict (on the neglect charge) but I can actually probably answer this with regard to murder 1.

1. Have the evidence that put Casey at the dump scene. This could be as simple as soil samples on shoes/car that matched soil at the dump site, internet search of the dump site, etc.

2. Have evidence of chloroform (not just air analysis) or ingredients of chloroform.

3. Narrow down time of death a little bit more so that you can isolate Casey's whereabouts.

4. Have more credible people around Casey (family members) who can substantiate their whereabouts during TOD. (this would of been impossible in this case btw).

Just off the top of my head.

Is that really true? Hypothetically, if you leave your kid with a babysitter and that child dies while in the care of a babysitter, you (the parent) are still charged and responsible for that child's death?

No, that's not true. If I leave my child at day care and something happens, the day care is responsible. If you leave your child unattended while in YOUR care, you are responsible. I believe logicalgirl was speaking of "legal" guardianship as a parent but not necessarily the caregiver at the time. Thus, the "nanny" kidnapping story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth