trial thread: 3/28/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scheduling conflict probably means the Judge had a tee time booked :)
Friday looks like it will be a busy filled day. I am sure the jury is enjoying the breaks.

So the woman cleaned the shoes so she could donate them to the Sally Ann. When I clean running shoes, I remove the laces and throw everything in the washing machine. Obviously, she didn't even unlace them. It's possible forensics did find DNA, since they were only cleaned superficially. We will see. However, TLM has already confessed to kicking Tori and lacing her shoes that particular way. Nothing new here, just confirming what we've learned.

Actually I found it interesting that they established that TLM was telling the truth about throwing out shoes. They were found (by Lillian) where she said they would be.

The fact that Lillian only found her shoes is intriguing to me. Especially since we know that MR was back out in the area within days of the murder. If TLM was going to try to lead LE to the shoes, why would she lie and say both pairs were thrown out? Why not just say nothing about the shoes if it was only hers and there might be incriminating blood stains on them? She was the one that said there was no blood splatter at the scene from the actual murder.

And we don't know what kind of shoes MR was wearing but they may have been missed by people who knew him if they were distinctive. Like his mother, or Amanda, or any of his other friends.

TLM's were distinctive too but she made excuses to her mother about where her clothes went.

MOO

Scheduling conflict probably means the Judge had a tee time booked :)
Friday looks like it will be a busy filled day. I am sure the jury is enjoying the breaks.

Actually juries like to get back to their "normal" lives as soon as possible, imo.

Wonder if MR went back to retrieve some of the "evidence"? Maybe the blackberry he loves so much will show us where he was in the days following Tori's murder until he was arrested?:moo:

Chapter 11

Actually I found it interesting that they established that TLM was telling the truth about throwing out shoes. They were found (by Lillian) where she said they would be.

The fact that Lillian only found her shoes is intriguing to me. Especially since we know that MR was back out in the area within days of the murder. If TLM was going to try to lead LE to the shoes, why would she lie and say both pairs were thrown out? Why not just say nothing about the shoes if it was only hers and there might be incriminating blood stains on them? She was the one that said there was no blood splatter at the scene from the actual murder.

And we don't know what kind of shoes MR was wearing but they may have been missed by people who knew him if they were distinctive. Like his mother, or Amanda, or any of his other friends.

TLM's were distinctive too but she made excuses to her mother about where her clothes went.

MOO

In the surveillance video of MR in the variety store at Petro Can, he is wearing white shoes (athletic type of shoes IMO).

Second video at this link: http://www.newstalk1010.com/blog/raffertyevidence/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10364674

I'm wondering if MTR went back for the shoes, why he would remove his, but not TLM's. One could speculate all sorts of things about this, but IMO, he would have taken away both pairs.

It's too bad Lillian couldn't remember the exact date of when she found the shoes. The closer to the abduction date, the less likely MTR had time to look and find them.

They threw other clothes and evidence into a dumpster and garbage can at the car wash. It must have seemed like a sound decision at the time. MTR would have had to go back to retrieve those pretty quickly, as those containers get emptied often. Daily? Every second day? Weekly? Regardless, I think he was safer leaving them there than being spotted dumpster diving, opening garbage bags at a car wash. That would be pretty conspicuous (and disgusting) and he'd have a lot to answer for if questioned.

It's my personal opinion only that MTR did not go back to retrieve any evidence. Why make the decision to throw shoes out the car window and other evidence into the garbage at the car wash, only to risk going back to find them? Then what? He'd just have to dispose of them again.

JMO

Actually juries like to get back to their "normal" lives as soon as possible, imo.
True. I meant it more in the sense of needing a break from testimony once in awhile. I even need a break from reading the tweets on twitter some days so I am sure some days the break in testimony is a welcome break for the jury.

Why did no one ask the witness (Crown OR defense) if the shoes looked like there was blood on them or if they had mud on them? The witness held on to TLM's shoes and meant to donate them to Salvation Army, it's a good thing she didn't. This makes me think she may have found them closer to the end of May, when police were asking residents for information. JMO

..I really hope that the fornesic experts have the goods to seal this case....I think Tori's family have waited long enough...! Please Ontario find Justice for Tori and her Family.The dealth of Tori and the indignity done to her bady after the fact is absolute ...Horrible and makes my stomach turn ...This should have never EVER HAPPENED...I watched all the videos LASt night and man oh man that defnitely looks like Michael Rafferty ! ...>>>makes one wonder ???.....I am hoping that the DNA evidence ties him directly to her Rape and murder....IMO ....I strongly do not believe the defense at all ....I would shudder if any of my sons did this ....But than I know they would never be able too>>>> as we RESPECT someone's life and that I am positive of without a DOUBT! ....ImO I agree with the poster who said that the humane thing to do was to call 911 but than we are NOT DEALING with humane people at all ...IMO very sick liars) who are worried about covering there tracks ( this was seen obviously )!!!! Again JUSTICE for Tori and her FAMILY who as Rodney said may never really know the TRUTH! ...R.I.P our little angel ....robynhood

I didn't realize that Rafferty "gave" the gym bag and clothes to TLM, and that's where they were recovered.

McClintic testified that, as they drove away from the scene of Stafford's death, she took off her shoes and threw them out of the car window into a field along Sideroad 6. Police eventually found those shoes (picture 1).
She also claims that she and Rafferty stopped at a convenience store in Cambridge that night, separately using the washroom to change their clothes. McClintic testifed that Rafferty gave her his white Puma shoes, basketball shorts and t-shirt to change into, packed into a blue gym bag. Police found items matching those descriptions in McClintic's home when they executed a search warrant after her arrest (pictures 2 and 3).

http://www.newstalk1010.com/blog/raffertyevidence/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10360097

I'm wondering if MTR went back for the shoes, why he would remove his, but not TLM's. One could speculate all sorts of things about this, but IMO, he would have taken away both pairs.

It's too bad Lillian couldn't remember the exact date of when she found the shoes. The closer to the abduction date, the less likely MTR had time to look and find them.

They threw other clothes and evidence into a dumpster and garbage can at the car wash. It must have seemed like a sound decision at the time. MTR would have had to go back to retrieve those pretty quickly, as those containers get emptied often. Daily? Every second day? Weekly? Regardless, I think he was safer leaving them there than being spotted dumpster diving, opening garbage bags at a car wash. That would be pretty conspicuous (and disgusting) and he'd have a lot to answer for if questioned.

It's my personal opinion only that MTR did not go back to retrieve any evidence. Why make the decision to throw shoes out the car window and other evidence into the garbage at the car wash, only to risk going back to find them? Then what? He'd just have to dispose of them again.

JMO

He doesn't care about her shoes, he cared about his shoes. He doesn't care that she was there, he cares to prove that he wasn't. That didn't work out too well for him in the end but what this is screaming is TLM did tell the truth so far about what happened that day and that is what the prosecution is trying to rely to the jury. The whole defense is based on only her and not him, if they can show, with solid evidence that alot of what she said panned out and is true, than the jury will realize the defense theory is hogwash.

Here are the 2 pieces of evidence found at TLM's home with Tara's name.

The materials showed that there was a connection between McDonald and McClintic before Stafford's disappearance. One piece of evidence was a portion of a CD album cover with the telephone number of McDonald and her boyfriend James Goris scribbled on it (picture 1). The next was a ripped off flap from a cigarette pack with their address on it (picture 2).

McDonald told the court the writing on the album cover was hers, the writing on the other item was not.
She says she and McClintic both had shih tzus and had discussed breeding them; and that McClintic's mother, Carol would often sell OxyContin to Goris.

Cig%20pack-001.JPG

Album%20cover-001.JPG

http://www.newstalk1010.com/blog/raffertyevidence/home.aspx

He doesn't care about her shoes, he cared about his shoes. He doesn't care that she was there, he cares to prove that he wasn't. That didn't work out too well for him in the end but what this is screaming is TLM did tell the truth so far about what happened that day and that is what the prosecution is trying to rely to the jury. The whole defense is based on only her and not him, if they can show, with solid evidence that alot of what she said panned out and is true, than the jury will realize the defense theory is hogwash.

Thank you. I was about to reply the same thing! He wanted to distance himself from TLM as much as possible as evidenced in the interview with police. He only cared about saving his own sorry ***.

Proof = police interview and what he told his drug dealer (yesterday's testimony)

3 Video's here of MTR at the Bank Machines.

He's wearing the black pea coat, AND a scarf, in the morning ATM video.

He just has a white shirt on in the Petro Video at 4:30 pm.

Just a hoody on the 3rd Video from April 9th. No appearance of a cold sore yet.

http://www.newstalk1010.com/blog/raffertyevidence/blogentry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10364674

I notice in the ATM videos MTR appears to have an earring in his right ear. It used to be that homosexuals advertised their orientation by wearing an earring in the right ear. Is that still true today? I just bring that up because earlier someone suggested he could be gay and that could be a defence against raping a girl.

Wonder if MR went back to retrieve some of the "evidence"? Maybe the blackberry he loves so much will show us where he was in the days following Tori's murder until he was arrested?:moo:

Chapter 11

What I want to know is who was he texting at that bank machine, I can clearly see he was typing, what was so important in the middle of an abduction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member