GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The snow could be a blessing in this case. Depending on when it fell, it could tighten up the timeline. I'm wondering if any footprints were found in the snow. If so, they might indicate one or more people, size of individual (s), if there was a struggle, etc.

Good point. From the looks of the photo, the car was parked before the snow started. The ground underneath it is bare. If it had been parked after the snow, the ground would be white.

Good point. From the looks of the photo, the car was parked before the snow started. The ground underneath it is bare. If it had been parked after the snow, the ground would be white.

The parking lot looks bare so I think the snow isn't 'sticking' to the ground. But where the vehicle was 'running', the snow would be melted under it anyway.

The parking lot looks bare so I think the snow isn't 'sticking' to the ground. But where the vehicle was 'running', the snow would be melted under it anyway.

I'm going to take my observation back anyway. What I thought was bare ground might be the shadow of the car. The running car wouldn't cause the snow to melt everywhere, though -- like not under the back bumper. And yes, the snow is only sticking to the grass and mud and stuff. I don't quite recognize the exact spot, but it looks like one of the ski area parking lots. I think the pavement in the foreground is the road up to the lodge, but there's not enough detail to be sure. Yes I've been here before, but not in several years.

good point k-9chaser

Someone wanted to keep the car warm...so perhaps needing it to be warm from the cold night before.. also leaving flashers going indicates no one was around....so either mom wanted to keep the kid safe or she was abducted and the abductor allowed the kid to have the heat and flashers going.... he may know her and the child...?

good point k-9chaser

Someone wanted to keep the car warm...so perhaps needing it to be warm from the cold night before.. also leaving flashers going indicates no one was around....so either mom wanted to keep the kid safe or she was abducted and the abductor allowed the kid to have the heat and flashers going.... he may know her and the child...?

According to Weather Underground, the high in the area today was about 37F. At 6am, the temperature was 32F. That's at Fryeburg, ME, just over the border, which is the nearest official reporting station. North Conway/Conway is usually a couple of degrees warmer, but still, the heater would have been necessary.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

...wondering if she had trouble with the car and pulled over to investigate and someone spotted her and snatched her not noticing the child? (As they may have glanced over and seen she was alone as the child would have been harder to spot (especially at a quick glance)...
Was anything about the state of the car revealed other than the fact it was running? A car can have plenty of issues and appear to work/run fine.. maybe the snow gave her issues or at least she may have thought something wasn't right with it.
The person(s) who were trying to, "scare her" may have followed her and made her pull over and as a gut reaction she left the car on/blinkers on to keep the child safe/obvious...?
Sounds like if it was a suicide she'd have better options as to how to ensure the safety of her child (not dragging the child along for the ride and risking harm..)
She has a child but is not married.. I wonder where she stands with the dad as obviously that could speak volumes, potentially..(don't feel comfortable speculating about family members until more evidence or information is provided about them..just too soon, IMO)
Enough thoughts for now; I have to cap it or I will type too much!
I pray the child gets her mummy back... :-(

I don't think she would abandon her child in that way. She had lots of friends and family she could have left her baby with. I really don't think she would have left her alone in a vehicle in the snow in a deserted area if she just wanted to run off somewhere. I think she was abducted. And I have to be somewhat grateful that the perp had enough heart to leave the child safely in a heated car.

This is a girl who appears to have a lot of family support.

The baby is with her family now. (I believe the baby recently turned a year old for those wondering, I'm guessing the media just wasn't given the exact age. The pictures being shared are of a Krista with her birthday baby however.)

If she wanted to take off she could have dropped the baby off with her family just to "run to the store" and then not come back.

Tiffany Tehan was not a 20 year old single mother and she took off.

Her age does not cause me to think she ran away. I do not believe she took off. Given the information we have right now I think they need to look at people who would care about the baby. Father and his family first, which of course they will.

The day I turned 20 years old I was a single mother, with 2 children. I spent it at the hospital, my 8 month old daughter was there with seizures. I had her 18 month old sister with me because she also has special needs and nobody could babysit. That's how all our hospital visits went until they were about 5 and 6... both kids came even though only one needed to be there.

I didn't go out and still don't... never get a babysitter. I never considered leaving or giving up. I realize that I am an anomaly, I was never a teenager or a teen Mom... I was just a Mom. But I try to give young mothers credit unless they prove themselves to be a Casey Anthony. :innocent:

IF this young woman, or any young woman does take off and leave her child... I am now simply grateful that they left and that child did not end up like Caylee or Emma or Lauren... :twocents:

http://www.wmur.com/news/27648643/detail.html

This is our local news station, which gives very little information on this seemingly strange situation. My family and I go to N. Conway quite a bit in the summer (we live about 90 minutes from there) because of the mountains and lakes. This area is harsh to the elements (yes, we had snow yesterday and it's almost May) and the terrain can be horrible.

Strange that there is not a full blown search going on right now...

I wonder when that pic was taken. I am about an hour from North Conway and the snow didn't start sticking till the afternoon. So in this case, if it started snowing there at 6 or 7 am, it would leave no trace of foot prints.
This is a strange case. Do we know why she was out at 6:30 am? was she going to work, did she have a boyfriend, and left... I read this last night, she had the lights flashing, do they mean the hazard lights? I never think to put mine on when I'm pulled over especially if no one else was on the road.
I hope they can tells us if she was having car trouble.

In most cases, I think its someone the person knows, which is sad.

I am glad the baby was safely inside a warm car. Under 2 years can be pretty bright and I wonder if she has mention anything, or anyone.

http://www.pressherald.com/news/portland-woman-missing_2011-04-24.html

Posted: April 24
Updated: Today at 11:37 PM
By David Hench dhench@mainetoday.com
Staff Writer

NORTH CONWAY, N.H. - A car belonging to a Portland woman was discovered in the parking lot of a New Hampshire ski resort Saturday with the woman's infant safe inside.

The car was still running and had its hazard lights on, but there was no sign of the child's mother, 20-year-old Krista Dittmeyer.

portland-press-herald_3537224.jpg

http://articles.boston.com/2011-04-23/news/29466930_1_parking-lot-maine-woman-conway

Maine mom missing, baby found in car in NH

April 23, 2011|Globe Staff

Several state and local agencies helped search for Dittmeyer for most of the day without finding her. Police say her last contact with relatives was by phone around 8 p.m. Friday. She has ties to the Bridgton and Portland, Maine, area as well as friends in Conway.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Krista-Deann-Dittmeyer/1004641589

Google Maps

I believe they found her car in the lot just up the road from the marker.

Sorry the map is blowing the margins, I can't get it to post any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88