GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #2

I have two thoughts on this:

I think there is no way we can understand the history that makes this community distrust outsiders so much. I would hope the amazing response of the police department would reach out to the community at large. It may also be that the police are comfortable historically with the way the community works.

From what I know and have observed from my friends, part of it is that but a lot of it is the level of religion in their life. For some of them it consumes all of their time. Children study INSANELY for their coming-of-age event, the Bar and Bat Mitzvahs. In comparison, I am Catholic and yeah, I studied about stuff but my life would probably not have been altered had I not made my Confirmation. In fact my family would probably have forgotten about it at this point. The Jewish kids have to recite an entire book by memory at their celebration. I can't even imagine how stressful it is for the Orthodox or the Hasidic Jews.

Of course this all depends on how strictly you follow the religion. My Jewish friends in high school's families were not too strict. They went to public schools. Anyone that was went to strictly Jewish schools.

I still today learn things about this religion that blow me away or surprise me through one of my mom's closest friends. Some of them I have difficulty understanding but it is not my place to try to or judge. For example, a menstruating woman cannot touch a man (that might be a little over simplifying it but this is how it was explained to me).

This is all of course based on my experiences of friends that live in Skokie, a suburb of Chicago. It is also where the Illinois Holocaust Center is located.

Sorry, I kind of went off topic there!

This is such a tragic case all around. It seems all the quick action by the police and others should have found Lieby in the apartment before his murder. So close to having a happy ending.

I would not put much stock in what the ex-wife has to say...IMO...she doesn't seem like she's quite "all there" either. One of the interviews I watched she was sort of giggling during the questions, with a smile on her face. Seemed odd to say the least.

JMO of course

Brooklyn mom says Levi Aron previously tried to kidnap her boy

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._boy_too_JSQ50FAx6VvZvgxbggO20K#ixzz1SGukbu91

"A Facebook "friend" told the iPad news publication The Daily that Aron had written on the site that "he likes Brooklyn more than Tennessee because there are more boys here."

"He stalked the 11-year-old in Borough Park with the same Honda he used to abduct Leiby, the sources said."

"[He] was walking home on his block when he noticed a gold car was tailing him," a source said. "He kept turning around, feeling suspicious, and kept noticing the car was there, so he broke into a run and quickly went home to tell his parents."

As many have noted here...I'm sure more stories will be uncovered about this creep's past.

“We have a faster response than the police, about a minute and a half,” said Mendy Rosenberg, his big hands and mechanic’s outfit smeared with grease. If a suspect is trying to escape by car, he can call upon hundreds of people to block streets and bridge entrances.

“I can shut down the streets in half of Brooklyn in seconds — instant traffic jam,” he said. “We’ve trapped many perps that way.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/04/nyregion/04patrol.html

I don't think there are any other communities that are allowed to do this. could you imagine driving to work and getting stuck in a man-made traffic jam that was not orchestrated by the police?

imagine you are on your way to the hospital with a sick child in the car and get stuck for an hour because civilians thought it was a good idea to stall traffic.

while their vigilance worked here (albeit a bit too late to save Leiby) no one else in NYC gets away with this sort of behavior, much to the chagrin of others in Brooklyn, especially the African-American and Carribean communities.

What's up with the ex wife and the 'diamond heist'? Shame on me, but I wish she could be interviewed from federal prison. I'd love to hear what she has to say about LA, though I'm not sure how much of her story I would believe.

Here you go, Cubby....the incarcerated first wife speaks.....

Monster's ex-wife: 'Sociopath' knows right from wrong

"His soul is doomed forever," Diana Diunov, 38, said from a federal prison in Danbury, Conn., of the man she divorced in 2005. "He will have Yom Kippur forever in his life!"

Diunov, in jail for wire fraud, said Aron should not be able to claim insanity."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...th_knows_RSMWJu3vzhd2YjWSZQzuxO#ixzz1SGxri2sl

Investigators have dug up a part of the backyard for evidence, searching for any hints in the suspect's history that would explain a motive for Leiby's murder. Police sources tell PIX11 News Aron's family has said the suspect was in a car accident when he was 10 years old which changed his mental capacity. And in court Thursday, his defense attorney hinted that mental illness may have played a role

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-suspected-killer-investigated,0,6417255.story

yup, they're definitely going with the "insanity" or mentally handicapped angle and so be it. As long as he's off the streets forever!
Watch the video. The media vultures wont leave the parents alone although they've asked them nicely. So sad!

Wow. Mention of the ICA trial and how she speculates he wanted fame! Well, I guess if that's the case it may mean Leiby was his first and only victim.

But for all his arrested development, Aron is perfectly capable of telling the difference between right and wrong, she said.
"He killed an innocent child for no reason but a desire to become famous," she claimed.
"He always believed that he can become a famous singer one day. That he can write songs."
At 35, with "no prospect of any fame," and "also after the big case of Casey Anthony, he decided to try his luck," she speculated.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...th_knows_RSMWJu3vzhd2YjWSZQzuxO#ixzz1SH4cetUE

She goes on to say:
"He probably believes that he can get off by work of lawyers and God knows who else."

I know this is her opinion and purely speculation but just another byproduct of the debacle that happened in Orlando on July 7. I truly feel that case empowered would be murderers (child murderers especially!) to think that with the right alibi, circumstance, they would be immune to justice.
Sickens me!

Here you go, Cubby....the incarcerated first wife speaks.....

Monster's ex-wife: 'Sociopath' knows right from wrong

"His soul is doomed forever," Diana Diunov, 38, said from a federal prison in Danbury, Conn., of the man she divorced in 2005. "He will have Yom Kippur forever in his life!"

Diunov, in jail for wire fraud, said Aron should not be able to claim insanity."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...th_knows_RSMWJu3vzhd2YjWSZQzuxO#ixzz1SGxri2sl

Thank you Blondie'.

From the above link:

"He always believed that he can become a famous singer one day. That he can write songs."

At 35, with "no prospect of any fame," and "also after the big case of Casey Anthony, he decided to try his luck," she speculated.

"For him, the meeting of this little poor boy was a chance to shine into media and make himself known," she said. "He probably believes that he can get off by work of lawyers and God knows who else."

The above is eerie. Especially with the other ex wife saying he was in Orlando a few weeks ago for some "event" and he lied to her about American Idol upping their age limit. I know it is out there - really out there. But if LE finds no evidence of sexual molestation (which I don't expect but have to consider the possibility) it wouldn't take much for someone who was already 'out there' to get so caught up in Casey and the attention the case brought her. Her being acquitted, all the media on the million dollar deals. What if some wacko decided if Casey can do it and get away with it - then I can too? It's almost inconceivable, but so too are the odds of a child asking the one wrong person for directions in a city of 8 million people.

Wow. Mention of the ICA trial and how she speculates he wanted fame! Well, I guess if that's the case it may mean Leiby was his first and only victim.

But for all his arrested development, Aron is perfectly capable of telling the difference between right and wrong, she said.
"He killed an innocent child for no reason but a desire to become famous," she claimed.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/...th_knows_RSMWJu3vzhd2YjWSZQzuxO#ixzz1SH4cetUE

She goes on to say:
"He probably believes that he can get off by work of lawyers and God knows who else."

I know this is her opinion and purely speculation but just another byproduct of the debacle that happened in Orlando on July 7. I truly feel that case empowered would be murderers (child murderers especially!) to think that with the right alibi, circumstance, they would be immune to justice.
Sickens me!

BBM, or that if the body can be hidden long enough to become skeletal remains and one can avoid the possibility of a COD being found they have a free ticket.

When Levi came out with his confession my theory formed. I believe that he thinks his story is the truth, for the most part. I think he took him to fill a void in his life. I do believe his is very mentally ill and he didn't think it was wrong to take him. Kind of like taking a stray home with you (but not....this is his POV though, in my mind at least). Regardless, he is very dangerous and should be removed from society.

His confession is about two guys hanging out, doing regular things together. Trying to find a bookstore, going to a wedding, hanging out and watching TV. Leiby stays home with Levi goes to work. I think he thinks this is true - the best comparison I could give to explain this weird false belief is like the movie Psycho, where the guy turned into his mom and didn't even realize it. I hope that makes sense because that's the best I can do lol

Part of my theory was formed by the fact that, so far, they do not believe he was assaulted by Levi (I can't write out the full term, sorry....). So then, why did he kidnap him?

Then we find out he targeted single mothers. Again, wanting to be around small kids, and so far there is not suggestion of "that type of abuse".

Of course, I do realize that most likely "that type of abuse" did happen, but I am basing all of this on what I know so far.

Hopefully I explained myself well.

I didn't think of that, but now that you've pointed it out, sounds right. Just look at the video of him in court. He has his head down and peeks at his lawyer and the judge - Just like a child would do.

He's a big kid! I'd like to hear the results of a brain scan on him. Bet they find lesions from his childhood accident.

A big kid? Please.
"Big kids" don't allegedly kill and dismember their friends.

Investigators have dug up a part of the backyard for evidence, searching for any hints in the suspect's history that would explain a motive for Leiby's murder. Police sources tell PIX11 News Aron's family has said the suspect was in a car accident when he was 10 years old which changed his mental capacity. And in court Thursday, his defense attorney hinted that mental illness may have played a role

http://www.wpix.com/news/wpix-suspected-killer-investigated,0,6417255.story

yup, they're definitely going with the "insanity" or mentally handicapped angle and so be it. As long as he's off the streets forever!
Watch the video. The media vultures wont leave the parents alone although they've asked them nicely. So sad!

This makes me so mad! Why can't the media leave these people alone, FGS!

A woman who lives three doors down from "the Butcher of Brooklyn" said yesterday that the madman had tried to kidnap her young son right off their block, but that she scared him away with her screams.
"The story is true. We're going through a lot of trauma here," Zisa Berkowitz told The Post from her East Second Street home, steps from where Levi Aron admittedly suffocated 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky with a bath towel in Aron's Kensington attic apartment.
NYPD detectives spoke to the mom on Wednesday, just hours after Aron was arrested for Kletzky's murder and dismemberment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._boy_too_JSQ50FAx6VvZvgxbggO20K#ixzz1SHyVrfX2

more at link

A big kid? Please.
"Big kids" don't allegedly kill and dismember their friends.

That reminds me of when some people used to say Michael Jackson was just 'a big kid'. Yeah a 50 something kid who had 'sleepovers' with little boys. Please!
It'll be interesting to see what the psychological tests say about this guy.

A woman who lives three doors down from "the Butcher of Brooklyn" said yesterday that the madman had tried to kidnap her young son right off their block, but that she scared him away with her screams.
"The story is true. We're going through a lot of trauma here," Zisa Berkowitz told The Post from her East Second Street home, steps from where Levi Aron admittedly suffocated 8-year-old Leiby Kletzky with a bath towel in Aron's Kensington attic apartment.
NYPD detectives spoke to the mom on Wednesday, just hours after Aron was arrested for Kletzky's murder and dismemberment.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/..._boy_too_JSQ50FAx6VvZvgxbggO20K#ixzz1SHyVrfX2

more at link

So, he should of had a record on that day and maybe even still be in jail.
I don't understand why he wasn't reported that day?
WTH?

So, he should of had a record on that day and maybe even still be in jail.
I don't understand why he wasn't reported that day?
WTH?

Assuming that the comments are all true we have attempted kidnapping and the reservations of other parents over his giving rides to children in his car and staring at the playground. I think it's very upsetting.

It reminds me of the crimes in Amish communities that have gone unreported in the past.

All I can think at this point, reading through everything and all of the articles, is that this guy is another Hoffman.

I probably won't comment too much on this, or follow it too closely. Our community still isn't healed (doubt it ever will be) so it's hard to read that things like this are happening more than once. I don't understand people. I don't understand what would drive someone to murder a defenseless boy and cut up his body.

Just sickening.

Because LA did not approach Leiby and it was Leiby who approached Levi for help, I don’t believe Levi had any intention of committing a crime against Leiby when they met.

It was previously stated that members of this community don’t involve the police in their affairs and they are very family oriented. They trust one another so Levi’s reason for taking Leiby to his house could very well have been to help him find his family as soon as time permitted him to.

When you look at Levi’s timeline for Monday and Tuesday, Leiby would have arrived at Levi’s apartment around suppertime on Monday and Levi had plans to attend a wedding that evening so Levi had no time to stop and help Leiby. Levi had to report to work early Tuesday morning so he likely told Leiby to stay put and he would help him find his family when he returned from work. Leiby would obey Levi so he likely waited for Levi to return home from work.

When Levi learned about the search that was taking place on Tuesday for Leiby he didn’t come forward to explain why he didn’t contact the authorities sooner which is really all he had to do to prevent this tragedy from occurring. Instead he allowed fear to impair his judgment and separate him from the truth so therefore IMO Levi could have been temporarily insane when he took Leiby's life.

<snipped>

&#8220;At this point, there is no indication that Aron sexually abused Leiby Kletzky&#8221;

&#8220;He panicked, and that is why he killed the boy. It is believed that Leiby was suffocated before Aron cut up his body.&#8221;

http://www.heimishheadlines.com/2011/07/who-is-levi-aron/

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire