long weekend break: discuss the latest here #114

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motion for a mistrial for juror misconduct stemmed from the motion for mistrial for prosecutor misconduct!!! :banghead:

What about defense/defendant misconduct!!!

UGH!

But it's not about anything Martinez did. The jurors were questioned by the judge in chambers & it was during that questioning Juror #5 said something in front of other jurors.

True, unless she did something really inappropriate---like read something online and then share it with the others. I hope it is not something major like that.

I hope not too. I don't think it is or the defense would probably be screaming the entire jury has been tainted or something. Guess we'll find out once court is back in session.

Yes! Ginger Snap here on WS has all the jurors "avatars".

And tri-color is just that. Multi hair colours. I bet she just wants her piece of fame. :twocents:

Do I understand this correctly? Our trial watchers have name coded the jurors?

let me just say it ENRAGES me they get dessert and luxuries in jail. No I've never been there but wtf, jail is supposed to SUCK! no one serves me cookies.......sheesh
Jail is different from prison. Many of the inmates have not been convicted.

But it's not about anything Martinez did. The jurors were questioned by the judge in chambers & it was during that questioning Juror #5 said something in front of other jurors.

Right. I never said it was about anything Martinez did.

That's what I'm worried about. If a juror heard it and thinks Jodi is innocent, they may want her off the jury.

IMO no need to worry. Remember the jurors were being individually questioned regarding the hearing held Thursday because Nurmi wasn't asked for his autograph....Sorry I meant that Juan signing a cane could have influenced a juror had he/she been watching.

Jurors are told they can't discuss the case prior to deliberation. Probably someone did and when the other jurors were questioned, admitted they had heard something from that juror. She or he may be removed, but imo a mistrial won't be granted.

Personally, I just think he just sounded tired. These calls were practically in the middle of the night. IIRC, he fell asleep at the end.

I sofa king hate how she kept him on the line.....selfish...needy.

Beth says that juror #5 (known on the trial watchers page as "tri-color") was heard "making a statement " in front of others. It is not known if the "others" are jurors.

Shoot - our Katiecoo always said tri-color took many notes and paid attention. Hope we don't loose her.

Article on AZ:

Judge Sherry Stephens then ordered that all of the jurors be questioned one-by-one. Nurmi’s motion claims that one of the jurors made statements that suggested communication with other jurors.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/mesa/articles/20130401jodi-arias-trial-juror-dismiss.html

So, that doesn't mean automatic removal right? Doesn't it depend.

The attorneys are asking for a mistrial or that Juror 5 be removed from the jury because "statements Juror 5 made in front of her fellow jurors amounts to misconduct that inserted partiality in what is supposed to be an impartial body."

Arias' attorney claim Juror 5 is neither fair or impartial at this point making "her removal from the jury essential" to ensure Arias' rights.

The motion said on March 28, a meeting was held with jurors to discuss an issue involving prosecutor Juan Martinez posing for pictures and signing autographs outside the courthouse.

During that hearing, information came out that "Juror 5 engaged in misconduct that affected more than one juror".

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...-ask-for-mistrial-because-of-juror-misconduct

I sofa king hate how she kept him on the line.....selfish...needy.
Two points.
I think she wanted a long recorded sex tape with TA for her own purposes--could be blackmail or some kind of control over him. Personally I think that is what the May 26 text is about (you are evil and sociopath), but I have no proof of that.

sofa king--is great!!!! it took me 5 minutes to figure it out.

My husband took me target shooting this weekend (first time ever - loved it!!). Before we went in, we were looking through all of the guns they had for sale. I thought of the gun Jodi used on Travis so I asked my husband to find one and show me (I wanted to see it in person). We couldn't find one and he said he'd never heard of a .25. He kept saying, "Are you sure? I don't think there's any such gun."

Now, he's no gun expert by any means, but is it not a common gun?

The .25 is an old caliber, following on a tradition of "vest pocket" guns. The Colt version dates from about 1905. You know, back when horses and steamships were the way to get around. It's not the sort of thing that a guy familiar with contemporary (or "contemporaneous", if you are Jodi Arias) guns but not the history of them would necessarily be familiar with.

And it's certainly not the sort of thing a shooting range used to renting out guns that are fun to shoot, would have for rent.

Basically, the .25 pistol is the gun equivalent of riding a moped: Maybe it's fun, but you don't want your biker friends seeing you do it.

Oh wait, the .25 is not fun, so even that doesn't work.

I will invent the designation "3 G Gun" for a gun like the .25, intended for girls, gamblers and grandparents.

So if granny likes likes bingo and packing heat, there you go, trifecta.

No, I don't think it's a dumb question, but I imagine that the call has been verified.
IMPO, Jodi's conversation appears to me entirely scripted.
Was this the convo where Travis also sounded really tired?

BBM..

GMTA! Listening to snippet of call on HLN today.. TA says something about 'being hot in bath' & JA CLARIFIES his comment by repeating "Oh when WE took a bath TOGETHER??"

Kinda reminds ya of a rookie being wire tapped trying to make sure the incriminating statements are caught on tape clearly to arrest someone!

i.e.
Criminal: Nickle 4 Twenty
Rookie: Oh you mean a nickle bag of marijuana/cannibus is TWENTY DOLLARS then??
(sorry don't really know $$ but just example lol)

I would imagine if you're having phone sex guys says 'was hot in bath' you'd answer something like 'yeah baby I was dirty girl or you turn me on' etc..

Why I think this was blackmail tape from beginning & I'm guessing threat was to play it to MiMi or whoever she thought was being chose over her! JMO

Its Travis. Do you not think that if it wasn't his family/friends would have said that it wasn't? His family was there listening to the tape.

He wasn't drunk, it was middle of the night and he was tired. He fell asleep while on the phone.
No doubt it was Travis.

BBM
I did say it was a dumb question, but......... I don't care how tired he was, I would have thought the sex conversation would have made him more alert. It's not like he got tried and the conversation took a turn. It sounds the same from beginning to end. According to what I've read, the family wasn't close with Travis during the last few years. I can honestly say that I don't know how my brothers would sound on a sex tape. I've always wondered if Jodi didn't send texts, emails, chats, etc from his accounts. This phone conversation is just another thing I find hard to swallow. Like I said, I'm sure it's him or Juan would be all over it.....it just doesn't sound like him....to me!

And tri-color is just that. Multi hair colours. I bet she just wants her piece of fame. :twocents:

1404992_5496264_b.jpg

Just sayin'

Here's the motion the DT filed about juror 5:

http://media2.abc15.com/html/pdf/AriasJuror.pdf

Given the evidence that came forward on March 28, 2013, it is beyond legitimate dispute that Juror # 5 is not fair and impartial making her unfit to continue as a juror.
The question for legitimate dispute can be raised centers around whether her misconduct warrants a mistrial because of the effect that this misconduct necessitates that this court declares a mistrial.

This is a snippet, and the fact that the sentences don't make sense goes to Nurmi. lol

maybe she is just tired and wants her life back......

Is this a juror you speak of? I mean this post is referencing a juror ? Everybody is tired. They are tired of the BS. The stalling. The long winded answers by suedo experts. Speaking of experts. Aren't we all experts in humanity?

Don't we ask ourselves."how can a person do this . Life knocks us down..but we get up..move on..grow up a little more.

We all ( moo) know what happened in this case. She got her feeling hurt. Whatever feelings she may have. And she decided Travis would pay with his life.

That is unexceptable behavior and she must pay the price.

Let her meet her maker. Next.

I know this is a dumb question, and I'm sure it will get lost due to the new info about a mistrial, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Why do we believe that is Travis on the sex tape?
The witness who testified about enhancing the video stated that it was compared to known samples.

IMO, if another juror(s) said something about #5, it was because they take there instructions seriously and do not want to have wasted the last few months of their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member