IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikkiw319

Reaction score
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/evansdale-police-searching-for-two-missing-girls

These girls have been missing all afternoon and the search was suspended tonight now that it's dark here. We're a small town next to a larger city but a small police force that has likely never dealt with missing kids.. Bikes found on the trail and purse and phone had been thrown over the fence near the bikes but the other side of the fence is a hill leading to the highway. Right now the search is very disorganized and there aren't any flyers :(.

Thread # 1 Thread # 2
Thread # 3 Thread # 4
Thread # 5 Thread # 6
Thread # 7 Thread # 8
Thread # 9 Thread#10
Thread #11 Thread #12

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US
http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

Working on gramma's theory and the maps -

A van is parked in Maiden Lane.

The girls are intercepted.

Their bikes are taken from them by two perps, a third has them in the van.

The perps dump the bikes where they were found (staging).

The van then picks them up and keeps driving. 3 perps in all.

:moo:

Just want to remind everyone here...

Main stream media and law enforcement are considered reliable sources here.

Its not perfect but we do try to keep rumor down as much as possible. Main stream media is considered a reliable source.

Ima

If anyone is bored, you might want to visit the scanner thread!

Working on gramma's theory and the maps -

A van is parked in Maiden Lane.

The girls are intercepted.

Their bikes are taken from them by two perps, a third has them in the van.

The perps dump the bikes where they were found (staging).

The van then picks them up and keeps driving. 3 perps in all.

:moo:

While I agree Gramma's theory is plausible I think her judgment is still a little clouded by the notion that they would have NEVER rode their bikes to the Lake. Not saying for sure that they would (I know nothing for sure)...I think its also possible they rode the trail to the Lake without Gma knowing.

In case you missed it from the previous thread...

BOTH of these girls appear to be older than 8 and 10, not only in appearance, but in some of their behaviors (facebook, cell phone, texting, running away/missing). Lyric more than Elizabeth, but both certainly have been exposed to more criminal and dysfunctional family dynamics than the average child of this age. Considering this, I would expect them to engage in certain risky behaviors and activities earlier than other children.

I think back to when I was maybe 11 or 12. I remember riding my bike down a dirt road 2 miles from home to a "forbidden secret" field with friends, climbing a tree in the middle of that field and smoking cigarettes that my friends had stolen from their parents. We thought no one could see us and we did this frequently during one summer until several people reported to our parents that they had seen us (after getting my butt beat, I never smoked again-LOL).

My point is...if had we been abducted in that field, our parents would have been scrutinized for saying "they would never go there" when witnesses had actually seen us going there frequently. They would have been classified as "bad parents" for "allowing us" to roam freely. Potential abductors that lived nearby would have certainly seen us, although it would have been difficult to plan an abduction by someone that didn't live along our path because of the different times and days we went there. It would have been assumed that the bikes were "staged" by someone because we "would have never gone there".

IMO...I know "back in the day", kids tried smoking cigarettes. Today they engage in other risky behaviors at an early age-cigarettes, drugs, sex, vandalism, etc.

I still believe this had family involvement and was not a random child abduction, but just thought I'd throw another scenario out there.

Otto...feel free to rephrase or elaborate LOL. It's kinda lengthy!

RE KATYDID23 and why other in family are not missing..The kids could of been taken POSSIBLY to keep DM from opening his mouth too much at trial to show people are serious here and what could happen. THey did go disappearing day after not guilty plea .POSSIBLE paddle boater POSSIBLY known to the family which IM not going to go over anymore its getting too much . :/ Im glad the judge didnt delay his DM court date too looong and THe girls are mostly what i give a hoot about right now at this point. He needs to get to court suit up and take whats coming his way however unfortunate that maybe. :( Thats What am going on till I read or hear some real news from the FBI.
I dont believe they biked all the way down there to meet a stranger off craigs list. whoever posted that ..not to be rude. I dont believe the boogey man was hiding in the grassy area waiting for perfect time all day .I dont believe it was unplanned. I dont believe my posting is going to help the situation at this point .SO ...... Hopeing and Praying

I've been reading all you have been saying...but what my brain keeps going back to is why the Aunt who lives in Waterloo knew to look at the lake for the girls?

I believe there is a reason she knew they were there...(I am not accusing her) I just think she has a notion or thought as to why they went there maybe more than the parents...

Either exploring or meeting someone....

Just MY Opinion of Course

In case you missed it from the previous thread...

BOTH of these girls appear to be older than 8 and 10, not only in appearance, but in some of their behaviors (facebook, cell phone, texting, running away/missing). Lyric more than Elizabeth, but both certainly have been exposed to more criminal and dysfunctional family dynamics than the average child of this age. Considering this, I would expect them to engage in certain risky behaviors and activities earlier than other children.

I think back to when I was maybe 11 or 12. I remember riding my bike down a dirt road 2 miles from home to a "forbidden secret" field with friends, climbing a tree in the middle of that field and smoking cigarettes that my friends had stolen from their parents. We thought no one could see us and we did this frequently during one summer until several people reported to our parents that they had seen us (after getting my butt beat, I never smoked again-LOL).

My point is...if had we been abducted in that field, our parents would have been scrutinized for saying "they would never go there" when witnesses had actually seen us going there frequently. They would have been classified as "bad parents" for "allowing us" to roam freely. Potential abductors that lived nearby would have certainly seen us, although it would have been difficult to plan an abduction by someone that didn't live along our path because of the different times and days we went there. It would have been assumed that the bikes were "staged" by someone because we "would have never gone there".

IMO...I know "back in the day", kids tried smoking cigarettes. Today they engage in other risky behaviors at an early age-cigarettes, drugs, sex, vandalism, etc.

I still believe this had family involvement and was not a random child abduction, but just thought I'd throw another scenario out there.

Otto...feel free to rephrase or elaborate LOL. It's kinda lengthy!

I don't think this is an accurate portrayal of the girls. We just don't know enough about them. From what I have read, for example, Elizabeth lived a fairly regular life. she was homeschooled for grade 2 and then attended public school in grade 3. She has two little sisters. She is 9 now, but she doesn't look any older than any other kids her age. I have yet to come across anything about her immediate family that raises any red flags. Her phone was an old one that was for games only. I don't know what kind of games she played on it, but i can't imagine they were anything bad.

As for Lyric, yes, she does look older than what some might think an average tween girl looks. It is all very subjective, though: to me she doesn't look any older than 12 or 13 max. And, yes, her parents clearly have some drug related issues and run-ins with the law (to put it politely). However, the way I interpret things that have been in the press makes me think her family did what they could to protect her from a lot of the turmoil. She lived with the Collins family for some time and they appear to be a close knit, above-board (ie. not involved in meth and the legal system) family. Her grandma seems to be supportive of Misty's attempts to get back into the mainstream after jail/probation/halfway house etc. I do wonder if Lyric was there when DM assaulted Misty. I hope not.

As for the texting and facebook, I'm not sure what to think. Technology is available to lots of kids, regardless of the age limits these companies put in their TOS. A lot of parents, myself included, use these technologies as ways to keep in touch with kids who want a bit of freedom. My 7 year old daughter knows how to text and use ipads and ipods. She doesn't have free reign to do whatever she wants on them and if I ever let her go somewhere alone or with friends (not for a long time!!) she will be taking a cell with her. These technologies are a fact of life for the majority of kids in the western world and aren't, in and of themselves, indicative of anything. IMO

While all of this may not mean anything, I just can't say I've seen anything to suggest these were worldly, beyond their years girls. They were two little girls out for a bike ride on a summer day, and all Elizabeth wanted, according to her mom, was a mermaid birthday cake. :(

I'm not suggesting you are wrong, I'm just not ready to make any conclusions just yet or think either of them was engaged in the risky behaviours you mentioned. :)

All IMO.

From the last thread regarding this illustration:

meyersgatetomaidenlane.jpg

You say this is one way..Do you have a picture like this to show another way? Would like to visualize the 2 differences. If you can and up to it. TIA.

The theory I have regarding what happened to the girls is illustrated in the map: either the bikes were carried from Maiden Lane to the gate, or the girls were taken through the gate to Maiden Lane. Others have suggested that the girls had first contact with a perp on the trail, then they walked down the trail and then they went somewhere to a car. I'm not sure what route that theory involves ... so I created the map to illustrate what makes the most sense to me. If I understand the other theories better, I can create maps for that too.

From the last thread regarding this illustration:

meyersgatetomaidenlane.jpg

The theory I have regarding what happened to the girls is illustrated in the map: either the bikes were carried from Maiden Lane to the gate, or the girls were taken through the gate to Maiden Lane. Others have suggested that the girls had first contact with a perp on the trail, then they walked down the trail and then they went somewhere to a car. I'm not sure what route that theory involves ... so I created the map to illustrate what makes the most sense to me. If I understand the other theories better, I can create maps for that too.

Thanks Otto for your fabulous insight and photos!!!! Quick question - at what point on the bike trail does Maiden Lane come into play? Why would they have noticed Maiden Lane, or how would someone who was already on Maiden Lane have noticed the girls and accosted them? Where did he/she/they take the girls? How did they exit the area with both girls and leave the bikes where they were found? Thanks a million gazillion for your insight!!

Crap. You just made me teer up. My daughter is all about mermaids and a mermaid cake being what's important to her hit too close to home.

Thanks Otto for your fabulous insight and photos!!!! Quick question - at what point on the bike trail does Maiden Lane come into play? Why would they have noticed Maiden Lane, or how would someone who was already on Maiden Lane have noticed the girls and accosted them? Where did he/she/they take the girls? How did they exit the area with both girls and leave the bikes where they were found? Thanks a million gazillion for your insight!!

The reasoning I'm using is that, given the location of the bikes, how could the girls have completely vanished, and if it was staged, what's the most secluded, secretive way to get bikes to the gate.

Crap. You just made me teer up. My daughter is all about mermaids and a mermaid cake being what's important to her hit too close to home.

Awww, sorry. My daughter just loves mermaids too. It's quite heartbreaking and I commend Drew and Heather for even being able to get out of bed in the mornings.

Hi,,,,,have just been catching up and see there hasnt been any action........unless something is going on, judging by the hints to go to the scanner thread!!

I was just thinking a couple of things....

I too still think that this is something to do with dad and him being a bit of a "rat", however for the druggies to abduct these girls at the lake, they would of had to have known they were going there, unless someone followed them and then they would have had to have known about this Maiden Lane. It just seems that it couldnt have been preplanned to abduct them at the Lake if these girls were just on a random bike ride.

Locals is it possible they could have been followed at distance and then locals would have known to go to this Maiden Lane to wait for them...........I dont know just cant see it.

If it is the druggies then I am thinking they must have taken them somewhere else.

If it is the "sick stranger", once again it would mean that they were waiting what in Maiden Lane for a girl to go past to snatch. This was two girls which would mean the sick stranger would have had to try and grab the two girls and set up this scenario. I know it does happen, but I think it being two sick strangers laying in wait is really not a possibility.

I noticed someone said Maiden Lane may have been a teenage hangout, I am wondering if the elder girl maybe was meeting some young teenage boy..........out there I know, but would be a reason for them to be around there.

Do we have an actual confirmation of where the dogs lost their scent, I have seen two things above, a family member, the mother I think, said the lake.........which is very scary and one said at the bikes. Would this however just confirm they were on their bikes and not at that actual spot??

Once again i am way behind, but have all the woods been searched? My boys, I know boys, would love to jump that fence and pick up flat stones to skip along the water. I wonder if they did go to the lake for some reason and maybe explored a bit (kids at that age love it) and a scary stranger was in the woods.

I really hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member