2011.07.07 Sentencing Hearing Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

One thing the public seems to understand, even the jury....you can not trust anything, anything that comes out of her mouth. May the nanny will "ghost write" the book. Titled: "How Casey and Caylee Really Spent Their Days." jmo

Judge Perry and attorneys are likely in courtroom discussing #CaseyAnthony 's release date. -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter 3:34 PM

And they will/may be giving her the Pontiac back. Hope it still smells if she takes it.

It's not her car, it legally belongs to CA/GA....I can't imagine they'd want it... I wouldn't if I were them....I'd have it towed directly to some junkyard to be squished...

I'm sorry, can't keep up with this thread, and I haven't heard HLN talk about this:

WHAT ABOUT THE FELONY CHECK CHARGES??? When does she serve time for that? That cannot just go away, can it? Is that served concurrently with the lying to LE charges they are discussing now???

They already did that the day she was sentenced and the courts ruled time served.

People in courtroom heard the A's talking in court.
Cindy was all excited when Casey walked into court and exclaimed;
Oh, there she is....isn't she pretty!

Corrected to say that it was George who said 'her hair is sure long'.

Here is the Math
She did 977 days
She gets 12 days for every 30 she serves…Because she was in Solitary Confinement cell aka Protective custody
977 / 30 = 32
32 X 12 =390
390 + 977= 1367
She has done 1367 days counting good time…
She was sentenced to 4 years = 1460 days
1460 days – 1367 days = 93 days she would have left to serve...

93 days------July 7, 2011 to Oct 10-12, 2011

HOWEVER…. She used up some of the days for the Check Charges…

So, I basically have no Clue…

IRS liens are not exempt in bankruptcy. That is one entity she can't hide from - the IRS. They are going to get theirs, I can promise you guys that.

For sure! It's a comforting thought. I never thought I'd have the warm fuzzies for the IRS!

As an aside, I want to thank all of the WS posters (even the ones I disagreed with) and the Mods; even though I've followed this case from day one, I was "late to the party" on Websleuths. I have enjoyed my time here so much; you are such an informed and insightful group. Verdict day was a total heartbreaker; I couldn't access WS at all that day but it was a comfort to log on Wednesday morning and do some venting. We all needed to mourn and some of us needed to vent, to rant and rave and be angry that Caylee was denied justice.

As for Casey Anthony, she cannot escape the laws of karma. Karma and the IRS! So I'm going to let it go and get back to my life.

Thanks again, everyone.
:seeya:

RH says it depends if HHJP says that time served starts when she was first jailed or if he starts it after the check charge time served. Sounds like the former...

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I can't keep up with the thread. Even if it starts when she was first jailed, hasn't she been in jail for less than three years? So wouldn't she still have more than a year left? So confused here! I hope they clear things up soon!

This case has exploded throughout the country and people's emotions are high and raw. The jury did the best with the evidence they had. Which there wasn't much of at all - and nothing linking Casey to the crime and where the child's body lay. That's the crux - we all believe she had a hand in it .. but there is no PROOF .. that's the law - and the jury cannot convict on emotion or supposition. Otherwise, there would be a lot of innocent people in prison. The evidence speaks - and if that evidence isn't there - there is no other way to come to a conclusion than to find her not guilty. There was a poster that wondered about charging for 'indignity to a human body' or something to that effect - but still - no one knows who placed that child there - there is no proof as to how she got to where she was. The police didn't initially charge her with that anyway. This case has sickened a nation - but there just isn't the proof to convict. I hope everyone can just move beyond the high emotion and anger. There's not much anyone can do about this any longer. It's over. Her '4 years' giving time-served - getting out in about a month - is likely to allow time to pass as her life would be in danger (understanding how angry people are). Everyone needs to accept this verdict as the Prosecution did not have the evidence to advance a conviction - pure and simple. Let's all move on and pray that in some way via Karma - that Caylee receives her justice.

Yet, we have Judges and Atty's (non media), shocked by the verdict. Judge Stan Strickland was shocked. Why are all these professional,wise people shocked if there was not sufficient evidence to convict? Why would a State prosecutor with 30 yrs. experience opt to prosecute a case if the evidence was not there. Why would a grand Jury issue an indictment if the evidence was not there.

??????????

Okay then - I am listening to Richard Hornsby saying he always believed ICA was a good mother who did not mistreat her child and he didn't buy the chloroform etc stories. And that if ICA writes a book it will be about Caylee and her life, and what life at home was like growing up with Lee and George. That this is a book the public will buy.

Uh Huh - okay Richard....And are you thinking we would hear one shred of truth in this book or would this be a Grim(ms) Fairy Tale?

And what is in that cup of yours, Sir?

How can ANYONE who has followed this case, believe for one second that KC will ever tell the truth???

It is beyond my understanding

I'm sorry, can't keep up with this thread, and I haven't heard HLN talk about this:

WHAT ABOUT THE FELONY CHECK CHARGES??? When does she serve time for that? That cannot just go away, can it? Is that served concurrently with the lying to LE charges they are discussing now???

That is what they are discussing now. Apparently you don't get "double credit" for time served on charges.

So you heard that too...I'm thinking she will go home as well and eventually..with the money from any deals the A's have...will get them all started anew....some place else. Before any other deals take place. I also think CA is planning to get ICA a makeover..

I really think this is whats gonna happen. They will make a buck and pick up and move!

I remember GA lecturing her about her expired DL in one of the jailhouse tapes. So one of her first stops will have to be the DMV. Maybe they can use one of her many mugs shots on her license.

I truly despise her - hate her with every fiber of my being. I want something very bad to happen to her and her lying family. What I hate the most is that I've allowed her to bring these awful, ugly thoughts to the surface. I didn't think/know I was capable of being that kind of person. :(

Cut yourself some slack

Feel what you feel. Exhaust it. And after a while, you'll realise that what you actually despise is a system which allows this to happen

She's a symptom of that system -- she's a pimple on the butt-cheeks of that system

After a while, you'll come right-side up and move on with your life. You won't be the same person as you were coming into this case. You're disallusioned. Your ideals have been shredded. Idealists such as you have a hard time in life. Ideals are one of, if not THE most expensive things in life, after all

And remember, 'anger' is defined as 'disappointed hope'

You hoped for justice. Your hopes were smashed. And that's where the anger was born

So take it easy on yourself. You wanted justice. You wanted justice to be seen to be done. Only then could you reconcile yourself to the waste of little Caylee's life. That makes you a decent person - a decent person who's been battered and bruised by a system which turns justice as we regard it, on its head

Treat yourself kindly, please. Don't judge yourself. You have a right to feel as you do and you have lots of company who understand how you're feeling

People in courtroom heard the A's talking in court.
Cindy was all excited when Casey walked into court and exclaimed;
Oh, there she is....isn't she pretty, her hair has grown so long!

another act for all I care

Lee has a new attorney. Would he be able to file a civil suit against Casey?

I'm thinking more along the lines of a book deal. Let's be realistic here. He's still an Anthony. lol

Jan/10, when check charges were over, till now is 18 months...so with good time, she serves 18 months for 4 yrs??? OR are they being run concurrently with the check charges??? She deserves NO favor. No break. Grrr.

She would be charged with "indecent handling of a dead body" here in Denmark, where I live. I just looked up the extent of the punishment for that is. It would be either a fine or up to six months in jail.
I don´t understand that it isn´t considered a crime in America to dump a dead body like it were a piece of trash.
Poor little Caylee. R.I.P.

I have a sister who lives there in Denmark.

she is as livid as I am on all this sad mess

She LOVES DENMARK.. she says shes not comin homne.. i guess 17 yrs says shes not either...lol

I am wondering if ICA is having a hissy fit?
She was ready to go out of jail today!
In her mind she served time, was punished and now is suppose to be free.
I bet JB has his hands full explaining this to her.
Did anyone see ICA when HJBP, said he was figuring out her COURT costs????
Let her sit and stay in GP in jail!!!! stewing and pouting, maybe ICA will go into her frenzy and be arrested for disorderly conduct.
I am hoping she is her own best enemy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members