Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #21

OSBI director, district atty., to speak. Jessica Brown, spokesperson, introducing.

CHARGES FILED TODAY.

Okfuskee County filed first degree murder charges.

Still asking for publics help finding the Glock. Kevin Sweat charged with crime.

"We have the evidence to prove Mr Sweat killed Taylor and Skyla." -- OSBI Director Stan Florence

Max Cook, Okfuskee Co. D.A.: "We were always hopeful we would come to this point....at times we had our doubts....on this day I have also filed a bill of particulars in this case [filed in death penalty cases] in both cases involving Mr Sweat."

Nothing before the death of [Sweat's girlfriend] Ashley Taylor to indicate Sweat was directly involved in Weleeka Girls's deaths.

"Still working on establishing motive."

Information "began to evolve in late August."

"At this time we're not looking for any further suspects."

"We believe the gun we're looking for was his gun in his possession at the time of the murders."

sWEAT MADE A STATEMENT AND THAT WENT TO PROBABLE CAUSE ..HE WAS JUST IN AREA THAT DAY

I want to read the probable cause affidavit. I'll copy it here when it's released.

This case makes me think there needs to be an online site where people who purchase used guns can check the serial numbers to make sure the gun hasn't been involved in a crime or isn't wanted by law enforcement. I haven't found such a site. Is there one?

GetSmart - Maybe you could start a new thread now....KEVIN SWEAT CHARGED WITH MURDERS OF TAYLOR PLACKER AND SKYLA WHITAKER....

I remember reading something about this gun being sold at a gun show-was it in OKA that it was sold?

So much for that "person of interest" sketch released soon after the murders which showed a stereotypical-looking Native American male. That still rankles my butt!

Wow! I'm glad to hear there was an arrest and justice will be coming for Skya and Taylor. I haven't followed this case much, so what connection do Sweat and Glock have to do the girls?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back