Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
peer pressure testing testing.....

do you think its too much 'mustard' like the C21 jacket tho?

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/about-us/our-powers/#hearings

Coercive hearings power(Star Chamber-Nickname)
We are the only law enforcement agency in Queensland with the power to conduct coercive hearings, which enable us to compel people to attend and give evidence. This greatly increases our ability to break through the ‘wall of silence’ that frequently characterises major crime and corruption, and get to the truth of matters under investigation.

Coercive hearings enable investigators to:
•open, advance or eliminate lines of inquiry
•tie the witness down to a story
•test the reliability of a witness
•test the strength of a witness’s version of an event
•fill in evidentiary or forensic gaps
•override the right to silence and the privilege against self-incrimination
•secure otherwise unobtainable evidence.

This power enables us to respond to the growing sophistication of organised crime, and to the impact on society of sexual offending against children and other serious crimes that can at times defy ordinary investigative methods. We use our hearings power, not only in our own investigations, but also when police request our assistance with theirs as they do not have the same range of coercive powers.

As well as the power to compel people to attend and give evidence, we have the power to require the production of documents and other items. This is a vital tool for conducting financial investigations into organised crime and money laundering, and we use it extensively to help in confiscating the proceeds of crime.

Ve have vays of making you talk! :please:

How do you make people tell the truth?

Just after a bit of clarification (because I can't bring myself to read through the last three and a half threads after I missed them): I'm wondering why some posters are using sunflowers as their avatar?

Oh I think it is a group hug thing. The natives are restless!

Just after a bit of clarification (because I can't bring myself to read through the last three and a half threads after I missed them): I'm wondering why some posters are using sunflowers as their avatar?

A couple of the posters are continuing their vigil of placing sunflowers at Kholo bridge, and it was suggested that the sunflower become a rememberance flower for Allison - something along those lines.

IMO it was suggested by PT because of this ability Rational:

"This greatly increases our ability to break through the ‘wall of silence’ that frequently characterises major crime and corruption, and get to the truth of matters under investigation." (quoted in CMC post I did)

I also just reread Paul Tully's post as reported in the CM on iPad (just saying because there appear to be various versions and interpretations around) and he mentions the CMC in relation to a "reluctant accessory". That changes things somewhat IMO

My partner and I attended a house inspection It was held by century 21. Mustard coats etc. I'm wondering if this has affected business overall. This was in nsw.

Who knows, but don't they say "any publicity is better than no publicity?" (or something like that).

Maybe there is some sort of fraud thing involved.

Just noticed on a C21 banner..."it pays to know who you're dealing with"...lol.

Still two for sale on the books plus two rentals.

Just did a search of those two properties, the one at Pullenvale is Under contract on Realestate.com and the other one has been removed ( as sold, leased or removed for some other reason) on Realestate.com. So looks like he has no listings.

I think it may have stemmed from one of the reports about Allison which mentioned..."She was the wall print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers that hangs over her living room"

http://www.news.com.au/national/eve...e-girl-next-door/story-e6frfkvr-1226347315119

Ve have vays of making you talk! :please:

How do you make people tell the truth?

LAW ACTS IN QLD

CMC
Our powers

Under the Crime and Misconduct Act and other legislation we have a range of investigative powers as well as the power to conduct coercive hearings and to hold public inquiries.

We have further powers under the Witness Protection Act 2000 and the Criminal Proceeds Confiscation Act 2002."

I also just reread Paul Tully's post as reported in the CM on iPad (just saying because there appear to be various versions and interpretations around) and he mentions the CMC in relation to a "reluctant accessory". That changes things somewhat IMO

Reluctant? ... someone like TM being asked to mind the girls that night?? ... without knowing what was really going on?

This is exactly the problem with our legal system. Just because someone kills another one in the heat of an argument, should NOT receive a lesser sentence. Killing is killing! Manslaughter sentences are way too linient IMO!

I agree. The reason why I posted my comment was that several years ago a friend of mine lost his wife due to negligence by the staff of a certain hospital (in another state). She'd had a major asthma attack and he got her to the hospital only to be told "It's just asthma she'll be okay." She ended up dying through the hospital staff neglecting her as soft case. But the point is that the hospital's lawyers captured everything he'd written on online since his wife died. He was a writer and totally surprised to find that they'd tracked his discussions about his writing all over the internet. He was proud of his writing, (and personally I think he was a bit too arrogant at times, but I do understand why) but the in court the lawyers used what he had posted on the internet to demonstrate that he was as happy as Larry and there had been no "pain and suffering" on his part. In this case the hospital admitted their guilt, and the lawyers used his online presence to argue that he hadn't really suffered from his wife's death, simply to reduce the payout figure.

The problem was that he needed a positive online presence to keep interest in his writing. And the guy suffered so much.

Just saying that if they get GBC into court, the lawyers will be all over forums like this looking for the best angle to reduce the charges. The emphasis on DV on this forum gives them a great angle to get a manslaughter charge.

If we are lucky enough to get this case to trial, does anyone know if it would be likely to be an open court? Are murder trials usually open to the public ? I for one would love to be present for the presentation of facts and findings !

I like the way Hawkins put it, "life affirming" sunflowers. For me, it stands for everything Allison.
c'mon...I dare ya

Just caught the back end of a show on SBS called Death Explained (catch it online) and they spoke about forensic testing for eg. suspected cyanide poisoning and it took 4 months to determine the outcome of the tests.

If we are lucky enough to get this case to trial, does anyone know if it would be likely to be an open court? Are murder trials usually open to the public ? I for one would love to be present for the presentation of facts and findings !

I think most cases are open.

Just caught the back end of a show on SBS called Death Explained (catch it online) and they spoke about forensic testing for eg. suspected cyanide poisoning and it took 4 months to determine the outcome of the tests.

Thankfully, in this case they already have the toxicology results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23