Today Show - Fri., 2/6/09, Defense Team Is On

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, that's not my point. If they throw those names out there, and then throw around some theories, the public could then tend to see how they judged so quickly. I personally think she's guilty of so much more that what we've even seen based on her actions alone, however what happens when the defense throws out a bunch of theories that could tend to create doubt? Remember, BinLaden is a terrorist in our country, and he's despised by millions of people here, but he's also a hero to many in our outlying countries...and they view Bush as a terrorist. There's even people in the US that backed off of their theory of BinLaden being terroristic. There's also several countrymen that agreed with Hitler, as well as Americans, and don't really think he did anything wrong. I think he, or rather both of them, are atrocious...but that's beside the point. KC's lawyers put those names out there for the exact same reason Egoslayer said. They're just putting it in relation to how the public views her, and in turn, this is making a case for them to be able to able to change venue. I think they coupled the comparison for the reasons given plus using worldwide names to remember KC's name. If everyone has heard of KC before her trial, how will they find an impartial jury? Why not kill two birds with one stone. It's rather ingenious if you ask me...I don't agree with it, though. LKB is doing her job, and if you think about what I just said, you'll see what I'm talking about. She did this on the #1 morning talk show program, and we all (the public) tuned into watching it, thus exponentially omitting ourselves from jury pool or selection. What they did was lowhanded...but smart...and now I'm mad I watched the show!

I agree with what you said, but has there ever been a case that didn't go to trial because they couldn't seat a jury? They will seat a jury somewhere, it will just take longer than normal. She will be convicted, IMO, and they can appeal until the cows come home. I don't think it will work.

when all is said and done

she will be found guilty
(cause the evidence will point directly at her and not another single soul, well maybe a family member or two that helped get rid of evidence but were not involved in the MURDER)
the defense can spin it 6 ways to sunday - it wont matter
and certain defense team members will look like even bigger toilet bowls

:laugh:

I really hope the prosecution pulls out "25 reasons why Casey killed her daughter" ala Scot Peterson trial - that list sealed his fate. There was even less physical evidence in that case and he is sitting on death row.

Host: Who is the 'one-armed man' in this case?
Baden: Well we cant talk about that, you have to wait till the case.

Then why did you get on TV?!

And did the Host follow up with "Aren't you concerned that another child could be murdered while the perpetrator is on the loose ?"

I just finished watching this. MV stated clearly that the babysitter did not exist. She stated it as fact. Neither JB nor LKB stated anything to the contrary--not even a "Meredith you don't know that..." So my guess is the babysitter story is out the window. LKB stated "we believe our client is innocent"--not "our client is innocent" and there is a difference. Perhaps she means KC is innocent of the crime charged--premeditated murder --and they will run with an accidental death scenario and ask for a manslaughter instruction. JB said it will come down to the jury selection--that could only mean one thing--people who distrust LE. So my guess is they are going to say it was an accident and if you don't believe us--LE botched the investigation.

I'm waiting for defense next appearance, expecting JB to come out in the, "Penguins costume top hat and all, LKB in a lace get up as his assistance and the audiance waiting to see the next rabbitt pulled out of his hat! You gotta laugh at this team on the today show.

The spectacle this morning on the Today Show hurt Casey's defense so much more than helped it by a long shot! In fact how did it help her at all?
I believe it just proves what many of us have been saying for quite a while now... Jose is in this for fame and $$$, and he does not have his client's best interest in mind! Not at all!
Personally I believe if JB was in this to best represent and help Casey, he would have already had her confess to the murder and try to arrangesome type of deal agreement with the State. JB loves being in front of the microphones much too much for such as that!

I think Casey's goose is already overdone.

I wish they would have asked Jose about the picture selling to fund the defense.

I also bet they received some discovery so they are doing their media blitz before the public gets the discovery. Seems like every time discovery comes out they do a lot of media appearances. I feel a doc dump coming!

I was thinking the same thing--everytime he goes on these media blitzs Karma pays a visit...

Does anyone find it odd that the day ng announces that jb is going to sell pictures of Caylee that the defense releases the body to the A's...kinda like she was hostiage?

Comparing Casey to Harrison Ford is an insult to Harrison Ford. This story is not a MOVIE. Stating their case is another disrespectful act before the memorial. These defense atty's have no remorse. The almighty dollar is all they care about.

This case is leaked out everywhere nationwide, if you haven't heard about it, you do not watch TV.

Maybe Linda Baden will try this case on an isolated island with no cable.:(

L. Baden said Casey is Obsma Bin Laden and J. Baez is Hitler as far as the public is concerned.

Casey is innocent and they won't disclose their defense strategy.

They say the forensics that LE is putting forward "may not be science."

Today is NBC.

I guess I get it....Enemy #1. But I wouldnt want my defense attorney to reference them to the likeness of me.
Bin Laden & Hitler - the most dispicable people that walked the face of the earth!!

Way to go Baden, pull on the heart strings of every Jew and American that has suffered immensly at the hands of these monsters!!!:furious:

First, Baez states that he doesn't want to try the case in the media. Then, he turns right around and attacks the forensics on a nationally televised tv show.

As for the Osama, Hitler comparison, does Baez really think people give KC near the consideration they've given these two mass murderers? He needs to get over himself and his client. She's just a vile, disgusting baby killer whose name will be forgotten once she gets the justice she deserves.

I just finished watching this. MV stated clearly that the babysitter did not exist. She stated it as fact. Neither JB nor LKB stated anything to the contrary--not even a "Meredith you don't know that..." So my guess is the babysitter story is out the window. LKB stated "we believe our client is innocent"--not "our client is innocent" and there is a difference. Perhaps she means KC is innocent of the crime charged--premeditated murder --and they will run with an accidental death scenario and ask for a manslaughter instruction. JB said it will come down to the jury selection--that could only mean one thing--people who distrust LE. So my guess is they are going to say it was an accident and if you don't believe us--LE botched the investigation.

I think you are correct She was probably saying" Kc is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law"
She just left off, until proven guilty in a court of law. If they had said "we are researching who the perp is" maybe we can fall for this interview.
I see no reason for jb to be whining about how he is percieved by the public. IT'S NOT ABOUT HIM
He doesn't want a tainted jury but continues to do spots on any show that will have him.
I hope the prosecution is high fiving each other.
I just can't stand how Jb whines.

I guess I get it....Enemy #1. But I wouldnt want my defense attorney to reference them to the likeness of me.
Bin Laden & Hitler - the most dispicable people that walked the face of the earth!!

Way to go Baden, pull on the heart strings of every Jew and American that has suffered immensly at the hands of these monsters!!!:furious:

No, I think its an insult to Jews to even think that a heartless premeditated child MOMMY murderer can be compared to Hitler. The terroist attacks of 911 memories of the victims families come to mind, and I would be DEEPLY upset that Linda Baden had the nerve and insensitivity to even compare.

I was thinking the same thing--everytime he goes on these media blitzs Karma pays a visit...

Does anyone find it odd that the day ng announces that jb is going to sell pictures of Caylee that the defense releases the body to the A's...kinda like she was hostiage?
I agree!
And the Karma, well seems like a lot of the people and experts associated with KC's Defense IMO have dirty hands IMO and maybe all of them are here lining up for a Karmic Debt event.

No, I think its an insult to Jews to even think that a heartless premediated child MOMMY can be compared to Hitler. The terroist attacks of 911 memories of the victims families come to mind, and I would be DEEPLY upset that Linda Baden had the gal to even compare.

Thats exactly what I was trying to get at!!!
Your right on the money!!!!

I thought this same thing, but it still could be that they are going to claim that someone else did take Caylee and kill her. If they are going to try and throw Jessie or Tone under the bus, the above conversation with MV could still fit. Yes, they didn't argue with the fact that MV stated that there is no Zanny, but to me that doesn't completely shut down the argument that an actual person took Caylee from Casey and is the real killer. I still think the accidental death defense is more likely, but that remains to be seen!

If I understood Linda Baden correctly, the forensic evidence isn't scientific evidence and doesn't show or prove anything, and she knows this even though she hasn't seen it as they haven't received it yet.

:waitasec:

Wow, she is one impressive person then, kind of like the psychic who remotely sent DC to where Caylee was dumped. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member