Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off Topic, but I wanted to bring this to everyone's attention.

A 14-year-old girl in Modesto, California was kidnapped by a registered sex offender yesterday. The police spotted his car and chased him. He crashed into a truck and the girl was found in his trunk, safe, but was hospitalized with a possible spinal injury (from the accident?). The story at this link:

http://cbs2.com/local/Girl.14.Sacramento.2.764817.html

This is just one more story that RSO can't be cured!

new poster here, hi all.

so sad. and so preventable.

this is going to be a dark day assuming the autopsy results are revealed, we can all only hope that she fought hard and was killed quickly (like others have mentioned).

random thoughts after reading all the threads here and waiting to be able to post :)

what is up with the redaction in those affidavits?! on some you can see right thru that it says "dad", and on others even tho the black out worked the context makes it very clear exactly who the person is giving the statement.

the guy that claims he threw out the computer and safe is lying, it is just beyond believable he would do so. if someone calls me and tells me to go get their PC and safe and throw them out all i would hear is "free PC and safe" and if i found anything illegal on/in them i would judge for myself whether or not they need to be destroyed/reported to the authorities.

what do most people consider for motive? (i really wish the email correspondence made this issue more clear) i see four or so obvious possibilties; they had AR try to get brooke interested and she reacted with disgust so they became concerned she would tell, or brooke found out accidentaly about it, i could see AR being envious of brooke and initiating things, and i could also see MJ just wanting to take his depravity to an even further level and manipulating AR into thinking it must be done (as is said in the emails).

im not sure that knowing the motive for sure will help anyone deal with this, but i guess the PI in me always wants to know.

im not convinced yet whether or not AR really left before anything bad happened, and i wish i could say that i think brooke's ordeal was short, but everything in those affidavits is telling me that this was a planned rape torture and murder, there was no hope of initiating brooke into the "sex ring", MJ knew at the start she was going to die so all we are left with to limit the ordeal is MJ's stomach for it which i would imagine is quite strong judging by everything else we know about this sick *advertiser censored*.

i have no sympathy left for either mother, i am finding it hard to sympathize with AR but i cant find it in me to pass judgement on her either. i have no idea how i would handle what has happened to her, i dont think we can have any expectations of her at all.

reading those emails and knowing that it is MJ writing that stuff to his own stepdaughter makes me so damn angry. im assuming it was him also that had sex with her when she said she was so drugged out she couldnt identify who it was.

i just hope i live to see the day that this *advertiser censored* suffers a long painful death.

Welcome to Websleuths LilJim! :)

I also don't have any sympathy for Cassandra. She neglected Brooke, and put her in danger by allowing contact with a registered sex offender. And when she learned Brooke was missing, she wasted 12 valuable hours before anyone called LE.

She neglected Brooke, and put her in danger by allowing contact with a registered sex offender. And when she learned Brooke was missing, she wasted 12 valuable hours before anyone called LE.

IMO she called everyone in her phonebook because she was hysterical out of quilt, she knew something bad had happened that she could have prevented. She didn´t want to call LE, that would make it real...

Actually, his picture was on today's (Sunday's) Burlington Free Press. I have been gone all day, has nobody else mentioned seeing his picture?

It was a good lesson for me...looking at him I wouldn't have thought that he was a perverted pig, I can usually spot them a mile away...he tricked me. Lesson learned - you just never know anymore who it may be.

Thats just it , we think we can tell but we can't. That is why educating children is very important... if we can't spot them how are they going to?

IMO she called everyone in her phonebook because she was hysterical out of quilt, she knew something bad had happened that she could have prevented. She didn´t want to call LE, that would make it real...[/Q

I would say its pretty real now for her. I don't really buy that she had guilt before after all she trusted her BIL didn't she? A known SO... and she felt no guilt about that... so no I don't buy that she felt guilt before calling LE.

Thank you. I have heard not a word mention on the local news. I live about 20/25 minutes from Cullman.

Has there been any news about child *advertiser censored* in the area? Any one arrested lately or a trial in the last few weeks? If so that will be very telling too.

Snippet from the court doc posted above by SeriouslySearching:

NO! The Judge was what?
In denial?
Ignorant of facts about child *advertiser censored* and it's addictive viewers?
IMO the Judge should have been degaveled.

Sometimes Judges are guilty of doing the same things as defendents...so it's hard to sentence them when the judge thinks the crime isn't that bad.

i couldnt help but wonder earlier, if brooke had not died or lets say wasnt even kidnapped, if she was just assaulted, even considering what MJ had done to his own stepdaughter, what would his sentence have been like in vermont?

or take brooke out of the situation entirely, if AR had gone to authorities a month ago and told what had happened to her, what kind of sentence does MJ get in vermont?

because to me, that kind of sadistic manipulation and assault on a child for years, that gets you a life sentence. i would have no problem with a death sentence in that case either, despite what the "55% club" said recently.

i think my above post was moved here by accident with the others :)

Has there been any news about child *advertiser censored* in the area? Any one arrested lately or a trial in the last few weeks? If so that will be very telling too.

NO, I haven't heard anything. Cullman is a small town...it has always reminded me of Mayberry. It has grown in the last several years. I haven't heard anything about Child *advertiser censored* in the area. Our news hasn't even mentioned Brooke Bennett in connection with Cullman. I don't watch the news all that often but I did watch the 10 o'clock news last night and nothing was mentioned.

NO, I haven't heard anything. Cullman is a small town...it has always reminded me of Mayberry. It has grown in the last several years. I haven't heard anything about Child *advertiser censored* in the area. Our news hasn't even mentioned Brooke Bennett in connection with Cullman. I don't watch the news all that often but I did watch the 10 o'clock news last night and nothing was mentioned.

Never been there but did travel close by several years ago. Makes one wonder what they hope to find in Cullman then.
I was hoping that there was something going on that would tie RG to it.... but I guess not . Thanks for the info.

Let me change that Cullman may not be a small area but it has a small town feel about it. I grew up in an area that everyone knew everyone else. As the years have gone by and it's grown...everyone does not know everyone now. Cullman is probably that way too.

Let me change that Cullman may not be a small area but it has a small town feel about it. I grew up in an area that everyone knew everyone else. As the years have gone by and it's grown...everyone does not know everyone now. Cullman is probably that way too.
I understand its that way here too. We never locked the doors or took the keys out of the car when i was a kid. we rode our bikes to the beach and knew everyone on the way.... and they knew our parents.... not now.

Never been there but did travel close by several years ago. Makes one wonder what they hope to find in Cullman then.
I was hoping that there was something going on that would tie RG to it.... but I guess not . Thanks for the info.

Something may very well be going on. I haven't heard anything about it and Cullman is known to be a good community. So if it's going on, not a lot of people know it. That's just my opinion.

My mother still doesn't lock her doors during the day. But locks her car...go figure.

My mother still doesn't lock her doors during the day. But locks her car...go figure.

These days I firmly believe in locking everything... then knowing where the ammo for the 9mm is , is helpful also.Not that I would advice anyone to own a gun but I like knowing its in the house. Kind of tells you about my neighborhood doesn't it?:banghead:

These days I firmly believe in locking everything... then knowing where the ammo for the 9mm is , is helpful also.Not that I would advice anyone to own a gun but I like knowing its in the house. Kind of tells you about my neighborhood doesn't it?:banghead:

Truthfully, My Mom's house is old. She could lock her doors but it wouldn't take much work to get inside. She does now lock her doors at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave