GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised to see that Lauren's Father disclosed what he did. Especially at this crucial point in the investigation. Not criticizing him, but wonder if the family is feeling frustrated at the slow pace. Who could blame them?

Do you think that it's possible that LE gave Mr. Giddings permission to discuss "certain" info with the media? Maybe now that the case is tightening up, and they feel more confident about the FBI results, LE told him it was ok? Just a thought.

I noticed the most recent article states LE is trying to match SMD's DNA. There were no visible injuries on his face or hands when he gave his interview. I assume this means there was probably sexual assault involved as well (assuming no injuries to SMD that were not visible).

They were not close friends, but they were regularly in contact. He also became VP of fedsoc when Lauren was the president, which required them to interact regularly for club duties. It also appears that she was at least an occasional topic of conversation for him with his mother.

Nothing concrete, obviously, but there is enough room there for the speculation that he was fixated on her to be plausible. Also McDaniel wasn't some "loner" or shut in with no friends, he has friends from law school.

Thanks for your post.
Your comments are appreciated, especially, due to the fact, that you are the only post I have read from someone who knew McD to say yea or nay about him.
Personally, I find that unusual.
I would hope that if I were in McD's shoes that my friends would chime in with a good word for me.

@ McMunn

No, I don't. I think Mr. Giddings is speaking from a place of heartbreak and frustration. Lord only knows how their family is getting through each day.

One things for sure, we'll def know something by Thursday afternoon.

I'm surprised he came out and said that. Doesn't sound like something LE would have wanted him to announce. Maybe he's getting impatient waiting on them to officially name a suspect.

Yep, I agree, I bet LE wouldn't have wanted him to say all of that. Especially hours before they are supposed to meet with the DA. Maybe an arrest or official announcement of being named a suspect was already supposed to happen this afternoon....

Do you think that it's possible that LE gave Mr. Giddings permission to discuss "certain" info with the media? Maybe now that the case is tightening up, and they feel more confident about the FBI results, LE told him it was ok? Just a thought.

I can't see LE saying it's ok to go on air and contradict them about the number of POIs. JMO

They were not close friends, but they were regularly in contact. He also became VP of fedsoc when Lauren was the president, which required them to interact regularly for club duties. It also appears that she was at least an occasional topic of conversation for him with his mother.

Nothing concrete, obviously, but there is enough room there for the speculation that he was fixated on her to be plausible. Also McDaniel wasn't some "loner" or shut in with no friends, he has friends from law school.

Welcome Hyrax!!
icon7.gif

The fridge is definitely bigger than most fridges I have seen in cheaper housing especially housing based around universities. I was a broke grad student forever and ever and ever and lived in at least 6-7 different places and they usually give you something that is more like a combo between a small dorm fridge and a normal-sized one. Of course, it is normal-sized for just...regular fridges. It isn't huge or anything unless you are thinking of cheaper apartments that usually house students. I am still...confused how an entire torso would fit in it whether it is normal sized, huge, or tiny. I am assuming shelves would have to be taken out??

I come back here for updates every once in awhile and hope that someone is arrested soon. I am still baffled that SM is in jail for stealing a condom. I realize legal minds have explained why that is so, but it still baffles me. Makes me regret the times I have stolen a pen from a friend's house because apparently that could get me weeks in jail under certain circumstances o_O

I'm not a lawyer but I think the distinction is that McD is charged with burglary not just theft. He allegedly entered peoples homes without their knowledge to steal those condoms. Another poster called it "creepy crawling" (a reference to the Manson Family). It would indeed be creepy IMO to have someone enter my home without my knowledge or permission regardless of what they stole.
I think you're safe from being charged over a few pens that you may have accidentally walked away with.

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. If so, I can't find it. Is the Bibb County grand jury in session today or tomorrow?

I apologize if this has already been asked and answered. If so, I can't find it. Is the Bibb County grand jury in session today or tomorrow?

Does an indictment need to come from a Grand Jury?

Does an indictment need to come from a Grand Jury?

In this case, yes. For any felony charge that is likely going to be brought here, there is a right to an indictment. And if it's a capital charge, the right to the indictment is nonwaivable.

Welcome, Hyrax. Perhaps you can also confirm this, but I have heard from a fellow classmate of McD who says that his current look----the untamed hair hanging about his face and general demeanor are a new thing. That during law school McDaniel did not typically look like that. In essence, that he kept a more tidy appearance.

It may not be of too much significance, but I just mention it because his unruly appearance has been the topic of a lot of debate around here.

I noticed the most recent article states LE is trying to match SMD's DNA. There were no visible injuries on his face or hands when he gave his interview. I assume this means there was probably sexual assault involved as well (assuming no injuries to SMD that were not visible).

Lauren Dispirito makes a similar statement in the video saying investigators are "searching for evidence of McDaniels DNA"
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/breaking/article/138296/4/Giddings-Father-Police-Lean-Toward-McDaniel-as-Suspect-

I browsed the Bibb Co. website Pearl and did not find a link for the GJ-

Maybe someone else can find the info.

I see here, that some Mechanical Permits have been taken out at Barrister Hall in the past. 3 were taken in 2008 and 1 in 2011. They appear to be the the same contractor. Not implying anything here, just wondering how common it was to sub-contract work out at the apartments?

The most recent permit was March 2011.

MECHANICAL PERMIT
201100568​
3/22/2011​
1058 GEORGIA AVE​
BARRISTER HALL MECHANICAL PERMIT
201100569​
3/22/2011​
1058 GEORGIA AVE​
BARRISTER HALL MECHANICAL PERMIT
200802087​
7/18/2008​
1058 GEORGIA AVE​
BARRISTER HALL APARTMENTS MECHANICAL PERMIT
200802088​
7/18/2008​
1058 GEORGIA AVE​
BARRISTER HALL APARTMENTS
http://www.co.bibb.ga.us/permits/PermitNames.asp?txtName=b

Maybe LE did not want her father to speak out, but I don't think they can be responsible for what he says. They can always claim he misunderstood them, if by his saying there does not appear to be any other POI's becomes a problem down the line. But if DNA does turn up to match SM, it shouldn't be an issue, other than a defense lawyer saying the usual "they had blinders on."

Regarding the bold for my emphasis:
Don't you mean LE has not named ANY of them?
Please provide the name of any POI's that LE has named, because I only know of one: McD.

According to this article: http://www.13wmaz.com/news/topstori...ather-Police-Lean-Toward-McDaniel-as-Suspect-

which I'm sure is being heavily discussed in more recent posts as I'm still catching up, there aren't really other POIs and some of the evidence MPD has received back from the lab points to McDaniel's guilt. I am so glad we finally got a trickle of more info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni