GUILTY GA - Lauren Giddings, 27, Macon, 26 June 2011 # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree. and im not saying mcdaniel isnt guilty. if he did do it, that doesnt mean he was infatuated with her and i say this because i believe if lauren did feel uncomfortable around him she would have told her family. i mean she lived the for years and she was very close to her family. someone would have know if he made her uncomfortable. i know i could be wrong and he could have been infatuated with her and was really good at hiding it...(i think everyone wants to think that about him because she was so beautiful and sweet, i guess you could say she was perfect)... im just putting it out there.

I don't want to think he was infatuated with her in an unrequited sense based on his appearance v. hers, I think he's adorable, but judging from her boyfriend at the time I just don't think McDaniel would be her type? Don't get me wrong, not everyone has a type, but it's just an impression I get. I also feel like this crime was calculated, even if her actual death was not.

Pretty sure a Grand Jury can be convened anytime an indictment needs to be secured. My County does not use a Grand Jury in that way, ours primarily oversees local government.

I don't want to think he was infatuated with her in an unrequited sense based on his appearance v. hers, I think he's adorable, but judging from her boyfriend at the time I just don't think McDaniel would be her type? Don't get me wrong, not everyone has a type, but it's just an impression I get. I also feel like this crime was calculated, even if her actual death was not.

Funny, I don't think she was his "type". Perps who commit the type of crime LG's death appears to be often wrestle with conflicting values and emotions. Could be the case IF McD's the perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Generally, grand juries meet at scheduled intervals, usually monthly; but, they can meet more often depending on the nature of their work. I haven't a clue as to how the Bibb County grand jury conducts its affairs; however, McD need not be indicted to be held.

To my knowledge, he hasn't been indicted on the burglary charge, and it appears that Georgia follows the 90-day rule (states can adopt their own rules on how long someone can be held without being indicted). Thus, it seems that McD could be held for 90 days pre-indictment, without a bond hearing, for another crime. A grand jury meeting this week is certainly not imperative to keep McD in jail.

The waiting game seems very unfair sometimes; it really shows the importance of having a good lawyer.

Generally, grand juries meet at scheduled intervals, usually monthly; but, they can meet more often depending on the nature of their work. I haven't a clue as to how the Bibb County grand jury conducts its affairs; however, McD need not be indicted to be held.

To my knowledge, he hasn't been indicted on the burglary charge, and it appears that Georgia follows the 90-day rule (states can adopt their own rules on how long someone can be held without being indicted). Thus, it seems that McD could be held for 90 days pre-indictment, without a bond hearing, for another crime. A grand jury meeting this week is certainly not imperative to keep McD in jail.

The waiting game seems very unfair sometimes; it really shows the importance of having a good lawyer.

I wasn't thinking about the burglary charges or bond hearing when I posted about the GJ. I was thinking about a indictment for Lauren's murder.

I see here, that some Mechanical Permits have been taken out at Barrister Hall in the past. 3 were taken in 2008 and 1 in 2011. They appear to be the the same contractor. Not implying anything here, just wondering how common it was to sub-contract work out at the apartments?

The most recent permit was March 2011.

WG, Subbing out work at apt. complexes happens all the time. When I managed a large complex in an urban area, we had contractors bid out jobs all the time whether for air service, plumbing, paint, carpet or minor/major construction. Put simply, bidding the job keeps contractors competitive. Having to file a mechanical permit would simply imply that whatever was being done would be subject to city inspection. Macon/Bibb has a pretty good system of pulling permits for jobs: You have to be a licensed contractor or the property owner to file a construction or mechanical permit. If a permit is granted, it is subject to inspection by the appropriate specialty (plumbing/electrical, etc...) before a certificate of occupancy will be (re) granted. HTH

Thanks for your post.
Your comments are appreciated, especially, due to the fact, that you are the only post I have read from someone who knew McD to say yea or nay about him. ~snipped~

I don't see where that poster says he/she knows SM.

Funny, I don't think she was his "type". Perps who commit the type of crime LG's death appears to be often wrestle with conflicting values and emotions. Could be the case IF McD's the perp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree completely, I think she stirred something in him that conflicted with his self-identity.

WHO KNOWS..........I'm not REAL sure WHAT they do but anything's possible with manipulation. Imagine Buford's position, it all seemed stalled to me. Not saying anyone is doing anything illegal, just stalling with legal paperwork. WHO KNOWS,

What you are suggesting would get Buford disbarred if it were true. I see no reason to suggest that Buford is in cahoots with law enforcement. He was hired to defend McD. He filed a motion for bond and set it for the first available date at the time. He then realized his strategy was going to be to try to get the DA's office disqualified so he put off his bond request because the DA's conflict issue would have to be dealt with first or it would be waived. He then set his motion on the conflict issue for the first available date. When the judge denied the motion, it appears Buford refiled for the first available date to have the bond hearing heard.

It does sound like a lot of time to be in jail without bond for entering two homes and stealing two condoms but there doesn't appear to be anything nefarious going on here.

What you are suggesting would get Buford disbarred if it were true. I see no reason to suggest that Buford is in cahoots with law enforcement. He was hired to defend McD. He filed a motion for bond and set it for the first available date at the time. He then realized his strategy was going to be to try to get the DA's office disqualified so he put off his bond request because the DA's conflict issue would have to be dealt with first or it would be waived. He then set his motion on the conflict issue for the first available date. When the judge denied the motion, it appears Buford refiled for the first available date to have the bond hearing heard.

It does sound like a lot of time to be in jail without bond for entering two homes and stealing two condoms but there doesn't appear to be anything nefarious going on here.

It's ok, LOL, you can calm down. I never said anyone was in cahoots now did I? I don't doubt he he isn't NOT guilty of stealing anything, I"m not sure he isn't guilty of murder, I"m not suggesting anything illegal, re read the post please. As stated, we can voice our opinions so dont put words in my post. Thank you.:floorlaugh:

I understand and agree with what you're saying here, but it seems to me that everyone pretty much
knew that the conflict motion would be denied. Surely he knew this, so why file it when it would just
put the bond hearing further out? Just going through the motions? Did he feel he needed a record
of the attempt, regardless of how he knew it would turn out?

THAT Is what I was looking for, :seeya: Thanks for that helpful info, Pdubby can undertand this.

I understand and agree with what you're saying here, but it seems to me that everyone pretty much
knew that the conflict motion would be denied. Surely he knew this, so why file it when it would just
put the bond hearing further out? Just going through the motions? Did he feel he needed a record
of the attempt, regardless of how he knew it would turn out?

Perfecting the record is important- and any good lawyer will keep that in mind. Any objections/motions you believe you need to make should be made to protect any possible appeals process in the future.

It's ok, LOL, you can calm down. I never said anyone was in cahoots now did I? I don't doubt he he isn't NOT guilty of stealing anything, I"m not sure he isn't guilty of murder, I"m not suggesting anything illegal, re read the post please. As stated, we can voice our opinions so dont put words in my post. Thank you.:floorlaugh:

I think you've misinterpreted my post. The bad part of the internet is you can't hear my tone which certainly wasn't yelling or upset.

On the issue of stalling the paperwork; that would in fact be enough to get Buford in trouble with the bar or even disbarred (i.e. if he intentionally delayed filing paperwork to keep his client in jail longer). It is also illegal as every criminal defendant has a right to assistance of counsel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth