17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
On an iPhone?

~jmo~

Do we know it was taken on an iPhone? I'm not sure what LE uses but I just don't think anyone, LE or civilian, would have had the foresight to "know" that this would become a national case and that the photo would be worth money in about one month's time. IMO, the photo was taken to document evidence of injury, not to cash in on it later.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Yes but if this was a different case, where someone truly was defending themselves from an attack, would you not bother to look into the background of the person who got shot simply because they are now dead?

This is not a different case and this one is the one I'm concerned with here. Each case is different and poses different questions.

Do we know it was taken on an iPhone? I'm not sure what LE uses but I just don't think anyone, LE or civilian, would have had the foresight to "know" that this would become a national case and that the photo would be worth money in about one month's time. IMO, the photo was taken to document evidence of injury, not to cash in on it later.

JMO, OMO, and :moo:

To this point we've had conflicting information from both of Zimmerman's "friends," Taaffe and Oliver. Oliver stated it was an officer who took the photo on his iPhone and Taaffe states it was a neighbor that took it and he knew who the neighbor was. Irregardless of who took it or under what circumstances, it needs to be investigated.

~jmo~

There was a commercial break when she was talking about the threat or hate mail. I swear when I watched the hearing she said email at first. Does anyone have the link to the video of the hearing? TY in advance!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1204/20/cnr.01.html

DE LA RIONDA: Have you reported that to the police?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, I haven't.

DE LA RIONDA: Have you reported that to my boss, Ms. Corey, or the state attorney's office so that somebody can investigate?

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.

DE LA RIONDA: Did you keep those threats?

S. ZIMMERMAN: I'm sorry?

DE LA RIONDA: Did you keep that hate mail?

S. ZIMMERMAN: Yes.

DE LA RIONDA: Do you have that available you can turn it over to your attorney?

S. ZIMMERMAN: I'm sure I can.

DE LA RIONDA: There's a difference between hate mail and threats. (INAUDIBLE) threats in that hate mail.

S. ZIMMERMAN: No, sir.

DE LA RIONDA: OK.

I have no further question.

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

Yes but if this was a different case, where someone truly was defending themselves from an attack, would you not bother to look into the background of the person who got shot simply because they are now dead?

apples and oranges. If Trayvon had been caught breaking into a house than I say yes, but he was walking home minding his own business when murdered. It's bad enough they did a drug test on him while he lay their dead in the wet grass. That is about as low as you can get. I bet they were hoping and praying his drug test came up positive or that they could find some stolen objects on him to validate GZ killing the young man. GZ should have been the one drug tested. This whole thing stinks and frankly I think it's really disgusting the way they treated Trayvon after his death. They didn't even give him a proper crime scene investigation. :banghead:

Well here on WS the policy is clear. He is a victim. And not to be sluethed. So that makes this discussion moot.

apples and oranges. If Trayvon had been caught breaking into a house than I say yes, but he was walking home minding his own business when murdered. It's bad enough they did a drug test on him while he lay their dead in the wet grass. That is about as low as you can get. I bet they were hoping and praying his drug test came up positive or that they could find some stolen objects on him to validate GZ killing the young man. GZ should have been the one drug tested. This whole thing stinks and frankly I think it's really disgusting the way they treated Trayvon after his death. They didn't even give him a proper crime scene investigation. :banghead:

Do you have a link that says he had a drug test on the spot? IMO That is false ,he had a drug test at the ME office which is standard protocol.It had nothing to do with the LE.

None of those victims were accused of assulting their killer.

Just as you say "Trayvon is a victim of an alleged crime by Zimmerman" so too is Zimmerman a victim of an alleged crime by Trayvon.

The only victim here is Trayvon. GZ has been accused of murder, so he is not a victim. There is absolutely no proof that Trayvon started the fight or was beating GZ. We only have GZ's word on that. Trayvon is the victim here.

The only reason that I can think of is that Shellie Z distrusts the people who are trying to put her husband in prison. JMO.

I guess that's understandable....I do see where the prosecutor did suggest she turn them over to her attorney. Dr. Fessel posted it in #614. I hope she does for her own protection.

The only reason that I can think of is that Shellie Z distrusts the people who are trying to put her husband in prison. JMO.

Another reason could be that Shellie knows that threats were not made by people who actually wish harm to her or George but by people who wish to stir the pot, so to speak. Purpose being to drum up sympathy for George or create a more hostile atmosphere.

It sounds to me like you're conflating compound dependent events with combinations?

If you have a compound dependent event - that is, Events A, B, and C, and event B is reliant on Event A, and C is reliant on Event B - you multiply the probabilities together. The order of the events is important, so you don't just combine them as you would when trying to determine a probability like in your scenario.

The original poster's math appears to be correct.

http://www.tpub.com/math2/88.htm
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/math/prealg/prealg05/study_guide/pdfs/prealg_pssg_G106.pdf
http://www.mathgoodies.com/lessons/vol6/dependent_events.html

This is what I responded to:

For example, if it has three speculations and each is 50% likely to be correct, then the entire scenario has a 12.5% chance (.50 *. 50 * .50) of being accurate. If each of three speculations is only 25% likely, then the whole scenario has only a 1.5% chance (.25 * .25 * .25, or .25 ^ 3) of being correct.

Your scenario hinged on a dozen speculations. Even if each has a generous 75% chance of being correct, the chance of the entire scenario being true is .75 ^ 12 = .031 or 3.1%.

That's why I said it's highly unlikely.

The words "compound", "dependent", or "reliant" do not appear in the above comment. The repetitive use of the word EACH, however, clearly defines the individual, one by one qualifier for the parts of the proposed scenario.

each
 
adjective
1. every one of two or more considered individually or one by one: each stone in a building; a hallway with a door at each end.

pronoun
2. every one individually; each one: Each had a different solution to the problem.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/each?s=t

Order or dependency has no bearing when considering the whole of a sum of individual, stand alone events as was stated in the post to which I responded.

None of those victims were accused of assulting their killer.

Just as you say "Trayvon is a victim of an alleged crime by Zimmerman" so too is Zimmerman a victim of an alleged crime by Trayvon.

I do not make the rules for Websleuths, I only follow them. They have made their decision perfectly clear that Trayvon is a victim and the only victim in this case. Zimmerman was considered a victim until such time that he was charged with second degree murder by the state of Florida.

~jmo~

I guess that's understandable....I do see where the prosecutor did suggest she turn them over to her attorney. Dr. Fessel posted it in #614. I hope she does for her own protection.

I just listened to the video of the hearing and she says it was a hate mail and he ask her if there was a threat in it and she said no.

Starts about the 25:00 mark.

If I were getting death threats I'd be calling the cops, post haste! It's absurd to think that they got threats and did nothing, especially since they seem to want sympathy from these calls. JUST MY OPINION!!

:moo: :moo :moo:

This has been a "gray" part of this deal from the beginning....

Thank you for your all your hard work on locating the altercation and TM's body.

Since there were four or more residences per building, do you think it's possible that residents were in the habit of referring to the green behind the entire building as "my backyard" or "behind my house"? Do we know whether the green areas were commonly held or whether each unit "owned" the grass directly behind it?

Each resident, of course, would give his or her own address to the dispatcher and the dispatcher would repeat the address given without being able to see the precise location of the body.

So, given what we know now, isn't it possible that TM's body was lying pretty much anywhere from the point where the sidewalks intersected down to the opposite end of the adjacent buildings?

I agree with you that the exact location is very important: the farther TM was from the cross of the "T", the less likely GZ's story becomes. And I assume that the first responders will be able to locate the body more precisely than the dispatchers who merely repeated what they were told.

I just listened to the video of the hearing and she says it was a hate mail and he ask her if there was a threat in it and she said no.

Starts about the 25:00 mark.

So it wasn't a viable threat. Why even bring it up? Reminds me of Casey's computer being "hacked" earlier this year and Mason promising an investigation, but none ever happened. If it's a true threat, it should be investigated, not just brought up then nothing done about it. Looks suspicious to me. Looks it was just thrown out to garner more sympathy.

I know there are people out there that don't like, even hate, GZ. But it seems to me nothing has gone further than words.

STOP

The owners, the administrators and the moderators have discussed what the rules of this thread are. We have made it clear that we are not going to sleuth Trayvon . Stop complaining about that on the thread . This discussion is over. Move on

To this point we've had conflicting information from both of Zimmerman's "friends," Taaffe and Oliver. Oliver stated it was an officer who took the photo on his iPhone and Taaffe states it was a neighbor that took it and he knew who the neighbor was. Irregardless of who took it or under what circumstances, it needs to be investigated.

~jmo~

For all we know at this point it is quite possible that a neighbor/friend took a pic with his phone (the one released) and LE also took one (which hasn't been released). So maybe Taaffe and Oliver are each telling the truth, but talking about 2 different pics.

STOP

The owners, the administrators and the moderators have discussed what the rules of this thread are. We have made it clear that we are not going to sleuth Trayvon . Stop complaining about that on the thread . This discussion is over. Move on

:bump:

If I were getting death threats I'd be calling the cops, post haste! It's absurd to think that they got threats and did nothing, especially since they seem to want sympathy from these calls. JUST MY OPINION!!

:moo: :moo :moo:
I think it certainly possible that the Zimmerman family has received threats of harm or even death. There is plenty of crazy or misguided people who are capable of doing that. I agree that it would be a good idea to report any threats to LE. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member