FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the video on the man attacking the woman at the post box, too. Did you know he supposedly lived in the woods?

I did. He was like a crack addict, who would alternate between being homeless, and living in a trailer. He was even interviewed for a news piece about the homeless before being arrested.

I wonder how LE was able to eliminate him as a suspect?

That guy stole the woman's keys, her purse, and her car. HOwever, the woman did not disappear.

After seeing video of him, I didn't think he was the pOI. But, I do wonder how he was eliminated.

left

It could be the MO. He didn't take the woman or even try to. If he took that woman's car, where did he leave it?

Did you notice how straight he kept his right arm tho? I purposefully watched it and altho he did bend it now n then...he kept it straight to his side even while coming around to grab her. I thought it was a bit odd. (Also watch the clip of him coming into the laundry and walking around.)

Its true he didn't take the woman in that crime. But, the woman was not in her car, and was an old lady.

Maybe this crime was not a "sexual crime", but a robbery gone bad.

Not that I think he is the guy, I'm starting to wonder if the POI could just be a "random" perp.

Maybe, JK was in her car, and was attacked in a similar fashion to the woman at her mail box.

As for the right arm of the POI, I am convinced the POI is carrying something in his right hand. In my mind and eyes, it could just be an IPOD.

I know others don't agree, or see it, but, last year I was the only one arguing about the height. So, I don't mind sticking my neck out there. I realize both are simply guesses, but educated ones at that. Sometimes hunches are right, sometimes not. But, one has to consider all angles. Mystery would call it "thinking outside the box".

I wonder if LE tried to find JK's ipod by visiting pawn shops, or even contacting Ebay. I know it is a long shot, but, one would think that if JK's IPOD had a serial number on it, maybe if the IPOD box was kept, and the serial number is known, LE could release the information just in case somebody has purchased an IPOD on ebay or from a pawn shop in Orlando not long after January 24th, 2006. It's a long shot, but, it is a possible lead.

Or maybe, somebody will notice their boyfriend, friend, co-worker, all of a sudden has an IPOD, just after the abduction.

Why not show a picture of JK's IPOD on television, and see if it generates any leads? What is the downside?

At least release to the public, if known, the model number, color, and the dimensions.

Thinking out loud.

left

This is one reason I have been combing all the crime blogs and reports since Jan. 06. I have found some interesting items, but cannot find the actual news reports to coincide. It is a bit frustrating. While they were looking for the Daytona serial killer...they ran across a fella Joseph William Lovetro attacking a woman...but cannot find a single thing on his description or whereabouts now. (I assume he is in jail.)

All Ipods do look alike. I guess as you mentioned some might be slightly larger, but I haven't seen one of those. They are all standard and white...but you can buy different covers. If LE ran across the numbers for her Ipod, they would list them in NCIC so if it turned up in a pawn shop or was recovered from a burglary suspect...it would be automatically identified.

SS

Are you sure that all pawn shops run their items throught NCIS to see if they are stolen? I never knew that Pawn Shops had access to NCIS.

I know EBAY is basically replacing pawn shops. And countless stolen items are sold on ebay.

AS for EBAY, they have several IPODs for sale as we speak. They are all different, sizes, prices. etc. Some are black, some white, some just hold songs,

while the one model, M9829LL, the 30gb, has a 2 inch LCD screen, and holds up to 25,000 photos.

It is 4 X 6 X 6, which is much larger than the smaller IPODS which just hold music.

Of course, one would have to know which model Jk has.

I went to the IPOD information site, and you can access the serial number of the ipod. Of course, we would have to know JK's serial number, and one would think that would take either her keeping the box it came in, or maybe it could be retreived via the computer she used to download.

Anyway, just a thought.

left

Sure is interesting that the POI "may be" carrying something in his right hand. Something the size of an envelope, and it appears to be white. Hmm.

I think that my husband's RIO MP-3 player has a serial number on the back of it. Can't swear to it, though. I have a little RIO Chiba, but I'm not sure if it has a serial number on it. It might. If Jennifer had an IPOD, I do believe that this guy now has it.

I personally think that this guy has committed other crimes. I think that he was way too confident in bringing back the car and skipping along his merry way right by the crime scene.

I also think that he could at least be identified by Jennifer and that is why she was taken from the scene and probably murdered. That's a big risk and very bold move for anyone. Anything can happen, IMO. That's why I think that this guy has committed more than one crime or else Jennifer actually knew him, and he lured her away.

If it were simply a robbery, IMO, this guy would have overpowered her and taken her purse/belongings and ran from the scene. I think that it was more than that.

Nan:

good post. I totally agree with you.

One would think if robbery was simply the motive, why didn't he try and use the credit cards,etc.

On the other hand, some of these criminals have dual motives.

Remember that creep Inman. He attacked that poor girl in S.C., sexually attacked her, and then tried to use her ATM card. The bank camera caught a glimpse of him, as he tried to disguise himself.

I remember that case, and everybody thought it was the kid who lived in the complex. Turns out, it was a "construction worker" from nearby, who happened to be watching the poor coed.

Early on, a lot of people wondered if Inman was involved in this case. I don't know if, or how, LE eliminated him. I do know he was filled with tattoo's.

Well, in a lot of ways, these two crimes could be similar.

the only difference is Jk is nowhere to be found.

I just can't imagine there are such "callous" "evil" people out there.

We need to catch this SOB. I can't believe this was his first, nor last crime.

left

I must agree it could have worked that way, but they didn't find the car for at least 44 hours plus after she went missing and he was out of the vehicle making his trek. Did this time span allow the trail to wane somewhat? I wish the dog trainer person were on this thread to answer such questions. Someone mentioned we have one here on WS!

I'm not a police/forensic dog trainer, but my work involves me with several. If the trail remains dry, four days is no problem.

Crypto6

Crypto

If you know, why do most dogs lose the scent?

Is it because of watering of grass, rain, multiple scents of the same person, multiple scents involving several different people?

How accurate do you think that dog was in following the pOI's scent?

Any chance that POI was sniffing Jk's scent? or are we fairly certain that the dog obtained the scent of the last person who sat in JK's driver's seat?

If the POI lives or works at Mosaic, is it possible to get the dog to find a scent of the pOI somewhere else on the property?

Have you seen the new technology where scents from a car seat are saved in a vacuum type of system, and used in the future to match suspects with a saved scent?

What percentage would you give the dogs, related to their accuracy?

thanks in advance.

IF you don't have all the answers, I understand

left

Crypto

If you know, why do most dogs lose the scent?

Is it because of watering of grass, rain, multiple scents of the same person, multiple scents involving several different people?

How accurate do you think that dog was in following the pOI's scent?

Any chance that POI was sniffing Jk's scent? or are we fairly certain that the dog obtained the scent of the last person who sat in JK's driver's seat?

If the POI lives or works at Mosaic, is it possible to get the dog to find a scent of the pOI somewhere else on the property?

Have you seen the new technology where scents from a car seat are saved in a vacuum type of system, and used in the future to match suspects with a saved scent?

What percentage would you give the dogs, related to their accuracy?

thanks in advance.

IF you don't have all the answers, I understand

left

Wow. When you ask ‘em, you do it all the way.

Rain or cross contamination of the original scent item used to cue the dog is what I’ve been told are the most common reasons to lose a trail. That’s why your second question is so interesting. My guess is that they used the seat cover as the tracking scent, so JK’s scent may have been mixed in. Since Bo immediately took off from the car at the place it was parked, and JK couldn’t have made that trail, it must be the POI’s, unless the guy is super smart and, for example, puts on one of her socks to confuse things. Sounds like Bo’s pretty accurate. Tracking by trained and proven dogs actually has legal standing as evidence, and from the looks of the tracking, Bo is well trained. Some were describing him as using “improper” sniffing techniques; I’ll have to ask my guys about that one.

Your question about Bo and finding further scent at Mosaic is one that has interested me from the start. I think what Bo did at Mosaic is being kept under wraps, because the report only goes so far as to say Bo stopped at the stairwell. They don’t seem to say in any report what he did after. Did he go up the steps to the door? Was he allowed in the rest of the complex, or specific rooms? Good questions presently without answers.

Accuracy varies from dog to dog, but with a good set of conditions, accuracy can be above 85%, i.e. the trail that the dog is following is the trail of the cue scent.

Yes I have heard of scent preservation. I’ll have to ask how long a scent will “keep” under vacuum. Hope this helps.

Crypto6

Crypto

Thank you very much for the answers. Thanks for taking the time.

I'm not a dog expert, but, I basically had the same understanding as what you explained. It makes a lot of sense.

I would love to know if Bo found the scent anywhere else on the grounds. IT may tell us if the POI was a "visitor", or a "regular" at Mosaic.

I saw the "scent vacuums" on America's Most Wanted and shared it with the forum. Most people thought it is "voodoo", but it made a lot of sense to me.

According to AMW, the scent was stored in with the evidence of a case from a bank robbery, and the scent was stored successfully for a couple of years.

One of my thoughts was that if the POI's scent was "preserved", that maybe some day the scent could be retreived and used to further implicate a suspect.

In the AMW case, LE was able to confirm two years later, that the scent "preserved", was the same scent of a bank robber who was killed in a shootout.

Thanks for all the expertise.

left

Hi crypto6
I once heard the term ... scent pool ... described as a place of conflict.
Could you elaborate.

Hi crypto6
I once heard the term ... scent pool ... described as a place of conflict.
Could you elaborate.

I'll ask the trainers/handlers.
Thanks for enquiring; I'll learn something new....

Crypto6

for the record:

I went back and re-read the family newsletters to confirm an earlier post of mine related to whether or not the management of Mosaic entered JK's condo on the 24th to check on her well-being.

I did find that newsletter, dated November 21, 2006, and did confirm that the Mosaic management did in fact enter Jk's condo during the wellness call from Drew and Joyce Kesse.

Since it was such an important issue, I wanted to make certain my statement was correct. The newsletter also mentions that the Mosaic management found "nothing amiss" in Jk's condo, and then drove the grounds of Mosaic looking for JK's car without success. In addition, Jk's condo door was locked when the management team arrived at her condo.

AFter this call, the Kesse's started phoning friends, Rob, hospitals, and finally alerted the police.

I hope this settles any questions.

left

TY LEFT DO you happen to know what time they went into Jenn's apt. and who went in?

The newsletter doesnt' say the exact time, or who went in. I'm assuming, just assuming, it was about 11:15-11:30. It sure would be nice to know exactly what time. It doesn't give names, but, if I recall from other articles, there were two people who went to JK's condo.

http://jenniferkesse.com/family.htm This is the link on the Jk website, just scroll down to the November 21, 2006 newsletter, if you want to read the article.

this article in Orlando was interesting today. They are finally getting some help with the rising crime and gang actvity.
FBI, ATF To Help Orlando Confront Violence
http://www.wftv.com/news/13427839/detail.html

/////

The POI

You know, we can all agree to disagree about how the POI is dressed.

In my mind, it really doesnt' matter much if he is a chef, bicyclist, sailor, etc. We are all basically making "educated guesses".

However, when it comes to the height of the POI, that is a very, very, important issue.

If the majority of the board is correct, and the POI is 4-8 inches taller than the LE estimate, it could turn a "cold" investigation hot quickly.

Time for LE to put this issue to rest. Send out a team, make a second, third, fourth, measurement, and let the citizens of Orlando know you have the right height.

While you are there. Do some re-enactments, so you know which colors show up light, and which are dark.

I just can't believe that nobody in LE has thought of the idea of having other "models" walk in front of that camera. It seems so elementary. I suggested it over a year ago, and still nothing to our knowledge.

Get out there, spend a day doing experiments, and see if the original estimate is correct. Stop chasing 5"4 illegal aliens who in my opinion are most likely not the POI.

I just don't get it, the height is the single biggest clue. Heck, it's the only clue, other than evidence in that car.

This case is cold for a reason. One of LE's assumptions is incorrect, I think it is the height, I also think the POI is wearing something on his head, and doesn't have black hair.

Time to listen to the majority. Let's settle this height thing once and for all. Show me the downside of checking an estimate.

left

leftcoast, I was under the impression LE did have members of their team walk past the camera, for the height and also the color of the poi's shirt. I don't remember where the exact article is now, but there was mention of this, plus the FBI was suppose to have been working of the pictures of the poi.
--------------

Crime scene technicians have been working to calculate his height and other information about him. Tuesday, a cadaver dog searched the rooms at an abandoned Orlando resort but found nothing.

http://www.wftv.com/news/6839223/detail.html

don't have an IPOD, but I believe they vary in size depending on the model.

I googled IPOD, and it lists one of the IPOD's as 4.7 X 6.8 X 6. Much larger than fits in a pocket.

I don't know much about IPOD's, but do know there are various models. Some hold just music, other's pictures.

I wonder how big JK's IPOD is, what color, etc.

It sure does fit the size.

I'll try and find BB's darkened Photo

If you go to this link, just study the right hand, it is clenched, as if, something is in it, trust me. http://jenniferkesse.com/person/surv3.bmp

darkened photo http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d179/Kafthy/?action=view&current=kessedarkened.jpg

left

For some reason I am able to see more in these shots than before. I do have a different computer, so maybe that is it.

In poi's left hand/arm, I see a large object, which appears to be a large envelope. I really do see the outline of something large.

In poi's right side I see poi's hand/arm holding onto something rather long. I see poi is clenching or holding something, then look beyond the slat of the fence, there seems to be something the poi is carrying which is showing there beyond the slat.

Pertaining to the envelope idea, many at the time the pics were first studied, and before the release of the new info, some theorized, the poi may have been a messenger.

Does anyone know if Jennifer had a tote bag or something similar missing from her car? I doubt LE ever released anything like this tho. Well what I see in the poi's right hand/arm looks to be bulky.

Reading back, I saw where there were some thoughts about Jenn having a FedEx or similar mailing envelope in her condo.

I remember seeing a picture of Jenn's desk at one time. It was thought by some posters, there were some large envelopes on her desk. Does anyone know were we could find the old pictures? TIA :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong