George Makes Debut As Kidfinder's Spokesman

I am disappointed that GA has injected himself into this situation. I can appreciate a phone call to the family of the missing girl or even a brief visit with his words of encouragement. But take his horse and pony show back to Orlando. This is about finding Haliegh and nothing else. He has much unfinished business in his own family. I would think his attorney would have advised them to lay low until after KC's trial. I'm just confused....

All of the A's were there, complete with donation jars!

No wonder they were asked by the little girls Grandpa to go back to Orlando.:mad:

http://www.wftv.com/news/18708433/detail.html

"Saturday, George and Cindy Anthony stopped by the search area briefly to offer support to Haleigh’s parents."

Just saw this at wftv. If KFN was not there today then I assume it's true that GA & KFN were asked by family to leave, because otherwise kfn would be there with bells on & donation jars out. How brazen for GA to go back, but cindy was with him so I shouldn’t be surprised. I used to be really worried about GA but not anymore; I think everything he's done has been to help CMA or themselves. I think their focus on personal moneymaking "non-profit" organizations and their lack of interest in justice for Caylee speaks volumes. Poor Caylee, it seems that she's being sold out to save the person who didn't want her and to also support those that cover up for her killer. :(
Ya know when I had read that KF and George had been asked to leave my first thought after "hooray" was CA must be mighty p.o. Pretty brazen showing up.

Originally Posted by Inana
Heard from a geologically distant relative that during lunch George ran his mouth and said things as though he was comparing Haleigh's disappearance to Caylee's murder, i.e. circle the wagons, stick together, be careful of LE, lawyer up, etc, and one of the gramp's told George they didn't need him there taking the focus off of finding Haleigh and that George needed to go home and get his own house in order.

Since I can't give up my source, just take it as gossip until it comes out. If I'm wrong, I was lied to. (wouldn't be the first time, lol)
This is exactly why I asked for Marc K. to visit with Ronald and guide him towards the proper way to deal with this situation. Being open with LE, offering to take the LDT and DNA tests upfront, and to work diligently towards finding his daughter if he had nothing to do with her disappearance.

I would expect George to give the opposite advice to him or to any family of a missing child. People do not need to hear from the A fam on how to deal with LE, the media, or anything else. If they want to offer support for grief, I guess no one can stop them...but suicide attempts, screaming at people trying to help, and throwing people under the proverbial bus doesn't seem to me to be an effective way to cope. Just saying...

Not to mention never thanking people who have taken your grandchild into their heart, prayed for her, and helped to search for her.....

I just do not understand why their lawyers and friends please remind them that their grandaughter was murdered and NEVER reported missing. (snipped)

Cindy reported her granddaughter was missing in July. The grandparents didn't know she was dead. They thought she was missing.

I think George means well, but unfortunately, I think he is being used by KidFinders. Is it too early for George to be jumping into missing children cases? my opinion is: since he just recently tried to commit suicide and has been hospitalized for the pain he is dealing with, and given the evident grief and pain he is still going through by his visual appearance during Caylee's memorial, I think he is still very fragile... but it's his call, I just hope he has talked with his therapist about jumping so soon into this.

On the side, I wish he would realize that even when he is truly ready and strong enough to handle the emotional ride of a missing child case, that KFN is not the group he should be aligning himself with.

IF what you heard is true, then once again and even more intently, I say that the Anthonys are not suitable as advocates for missing children and their families. Except, perhaps, if they want to counsel a family in which a member killed the child.
I totally agree with this and I'm not sure he's even ready for that. He'd have to come to terms with the truth first, himself. I don't know if the family ever will.

Oh, that's a shame if it should turn out to be accurate. I really thought Ga could do some good up there and maybe help himself a little, but not if he is going to turn it into another us against them. How disappointing.

It didn't sound to me like that is what he was doing. It sounded like maybe he was talking to much about Caylee and what happened to her and someone thought he was taking the focus off Haleigh and trying to keep it on Caylee. Probably someone who doesn't care about George for the same reasons that some other people don't like him.

I can totally understand George wanting to jump right in there and be of help to another family who is going through the same nightmare that he has gone through. But I personally think he needs a little more time to heal before he can really be helpful. I like George and my heart goes out to him. I think he is a good man. I guess I am going by my own experience so maybe I'm wrong but when you have lived the nightmare of your child or grandchild murdered you really need time to heal because your murdered loved one is first and foremost on your mind and you have a real need to talk about them. I can see that happening and someone getting upset because this is about Haleigh and not Caylee. As we mourn our loss we go through all sorts of different feelings and emotions. Anger is a big one I think. Rage is more like it I guess. It is something that a person has to work through and process. I was full of anger for a long long time and so was my little granddaughter. The cycle of grief isn't just run through once...you can jump all over it not just from top to bottem when you come to accept that it is real. I don't think George has had the chance to hardly begin to go through the cycle. His therapy will help.

I hope that once he has done some healing he will see this bunch...Kidfinders..for what it is because I think in time he could be a real asset to some organization. It would strenghten his self confidence and self worth and he has a lot to share that will benefit families that are going through what he has gone through.

This is all going to come to a bad end, I predict. As if the Anthonys already didn't have enough "bad end" to experience still, with the coming trial of their daughter, collaborating with KFN is going to add more trouble to their lives. I feel eventually KFN will be caught in something fraudulent and George will be swept up in that.

I know many here feel pity for him and think he means well. Sometimes I am swayed that way for a bit, but in general, I do not trust him. He's just a little too... something... what? Too used car salesman sincere? I just know I cringe every time I hear him speak more than a sentence or two and double over when he brings up "donations." As someone else said, why does he immediately think the family of a missing child needs donations to pour in?

It didn't sound to me like that is what he was doing. It sounded like maybe he was talking to much about Caylee and what happened to her and someone thought he was taking the focus off Haleigh and trying to keep it on Caylee. Probably someone who doesn't care about George for the same reasons that some other people don't like him.

I can totally understand George wanting to jump right in there and be of help to another family who is going through the same nightmare that he has gone through. But I personally think he needs a little more time to heal before he can really be helpful. I like George and my heart goes out to him. I think he is a good man. I guess I am going by my own experience so maybe I'm wrong but when you have lived the nightmare of your child or grandchild murdered you really need time to heal because your murdered loved one is first and foremost on your mind and you have a real need to talk about them. I can see that happening and someone getting upset because this is about Haleigh and not Caylee. As we mourn our loss we go through all sorts of different feelings and emotions. Anger is a big one I think. Rage is more like it I guess. It is something that a person has to work through and process. I was full of anger for a long long time and so was my little granddaughter. The cycle of grief isn't just run through once...you can jump all over it not just from top to bottem when you come to accept that it is real. I don't think George has had the chance to hardly begin to go through the cycle. His therapy will help.

I hope that once he has done some healing he will see this bunch...Kidfinders..for what it is because I think in time he could be a real asset to some organization. It would strenghten his self confidence and self worth and he has a lot to share that will benefit families that are going through what he has gone through.

I totally agree. GA does have a lot to offer and maybe in the future he can do something to help find missing children, but right now he needs to take a big step back and focus on his own situation.

Do you think he is trying to do what he was unable to for Caylee? I don't know how wise or foolish this is, but I have got to give him credit for putting himself out there. I don't think if i were just off suicide watch if I would be subjecting myself to this scrutiny. Makes me think his heart is surely in the right place. Doesn't mean it is healthy or will be effective, just clawing his way to the top.

I think you are right JBean. I think George's heart is in the right place. He just needs to take the time to do some healing first. Kid Finders is probably pushing him to get started working for them. I hope he understands why they were asked to leave. I hope it wasn't a setback for him.

i think ga just wanted to help .. i dont think he went to cause trouble he probably doesnt want to see that family make the mistakes he did .. and probably to get away from ca for awhile .. to feel like he has a purpose .. to find a reason to live .

This is all going to come to a bad end, I predict. As if the Anthonys already didn't have enough "bad end" to experience still, with the coming trial of their daughter, collaborating with KFN is going to add more trouble to their lives. I feel eventually KFN will be caught in something fraudulent and George will be swept up in that.

I know many here feel pity for him and think he means well. Sometimes I am swayed that way for a bit, but in general, I do not trust him. He's just a little too... something... what? Too used car salesman sincere? I just know I cringe every time I hear him speak more than a sentence or two and double over when he brings up "donations." As someone else said, why does he immediately think the family of a missing child needs donations to pour in?

That reminds me of the 'Nicholas F' case ... where the wife and family started asking for donations immediately after he went missing. It was strange .. and a year later, he's still not been found, but wife has a new home ... and is being taken care of.

I wish that another family, who has also suffered a loss, would scoop George up and ask him speak for a reputable organization. I think that people can sympathize with GA and would respond to him if he were associated with anyone other than KFN.

All of the A's were there, complete with donation jars!
No wonder they were asked by the little girls Grandpa to go back to Orlando.:mad:

Wow, that is just sickening beyond words, to show up at the most vulnerable terror-filled moment in this family's life and ASK FOR MONEY!!!!!!! :furious: Thank god the grandpa told them to get the H out of there.

GA said about Hayleigh's family, "They need to eat, they need to sleep, they need the community support. They do not need to be judged, they do not need to be scrutinized,..."

Having prior LE experience I'm surprised he didn't recall that the family needs to be very thoroughly scrutinized immediately in a missing child case.
Excellent observation! :clap:

Wow, that is just sickening beyond words, to show up at the most vulnerable terror-filled moment in this family's life and ASK FOR MONEY!!!!!!! :furious: Thank god the grandpa told them to get the H out of there.

Is there a link to the story about the A's asking for donations? Did I miss it?

Is there a link to the story about the A's asking for donations? Did I miss it?

Starpatch should be able to post it, if there is one. It could have just been reported on the news (TV).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back