GUILTY NC - Kathy Taft, 62, Raleigh, 6 March 2010 - #6

Thanks for all the great info--you guys are in the ball!!
So, we have a date at 11AM tomorrow? OT--I started watching that wacky Kaufman trial from Florida yesterday. Did anyone see that? The defense attorney was a pitbull and there were fireworks. I didn't see it today cuz I was too busy getting the two-for-one Roto-rooter special at Raleigh Endoscopy. Boy, was that ever fun. TMI, right? Sheesh!!

I don't have any inside info on the defendant's location, but I would guess that he would stay in Central prison throughout the trial. That's just my guess. It's only about a mile from the courthouse.

They have more of a facility to treat him there than the jail. And that might be important if he has the mental health issues the defense claims he has. If I were the state, I would want to make sure that he is getting all mental and physical health care that he needs during this trial, so he can get through it without any delays or problems. I wouldn't want to give them any opportunity to claim he can't continue because of lack of care.

Yep, absolutely agree on this with what the State would want.

imo

Well, it's started -- reviewing pre-trial motions, etc.

Has a new thread been created for the "Trial" part of the Taft case? If so, I cannot find it... please help, if you know, and sorry to be such a bother...
icon11.gif

The Court did begin at 9:30, but no jury, with a review of pre-trial motions. Right now, they are "at ease," but it looks like thing will be underway soon. O/S is still scheduled to start at 11:00 this morning.

Good morning, peeps!!

Judge 'what's his name' again? Who's trying this one for the DA's office? I feel like my head is full of cotton this morning. Opps, now I've got colored bars on the screen again. :(

Judge 'what's his name' again? Who's trying this one for the DA's office? I feel like my head is full of cotton this morning. Opps, now I've got colored bars on the screen again. :(

His Honor, Judge Gessner, who presided over the Cooper trial, and the lead ADA is Saacks, whom we have seen -- very sharp, very smart, very quick -- I don't know who 2nd chair PT is (the blond female).

His Honor, Judge Gessner, who presided over the Cooper trial, and the lead ADA is Saacks, whom we have seen -- very sharp, very smart, very quick -- I don't know who 2nd chair PT is (the blond female).

I thought Boz was handling this one. Hmmm. Do you know which case we'll see Boz on again? I enjoyed watching him work.

Not sure how to start a new trial thread, but here goes. Trial beginning today, May 16, 2012. Jason Williford on trial for the murder of Kathy Taft in Raleigh, N.C.

I haven't ever started one either!

I guess they are late getting started?

Hi there, I believe you can just hit the red 'alert' button on a post and ask for a new thread to be started, I did it for you guys- maybe a new thread will come for todays trial airing.

Oh dear, not sure if I did this right or not?? Anyone??

I can't find the old thread anymore?? What happened and how did you get here? I sure don't want to be put in 'time out' again for screwing up. :-(

What happened to borndem? Hello?? I still have colored bars on my video for the trial. Thank you Secrett for posting the link to live coverage.

Great job, GL!!! Thank so much for setting us up!!

I'm not sure what the protocol is, but I've noticed trials are generally listed under the victim's name. I don't know if that is a policy, but I just want to ensure people find your new thread!! Thanks again!!!!

What happened to borndem? Hello?? I still have colored bars on my video for the trial. Thank you Secrett for posting the link to live coverage.

Hi there :) Good to know you're seeing the colored bars too. Mods might be working on threads, you never know. Deep breaths! lol.

Please follow the trial here. We will not make a new thread everyday, so please alert if this one gets really long.

Thanks everyone and may justice prevail for Kathy!

Salem

Do we need to put out an APB for borndem?
I still have colored bars, too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back