TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird! My grandmother lived in W.Hollywood (50's-70's) and worked at Pacific Bell as an operator at one point. back when you used an operator to connect your calls. It looks like writing you'd do when you are reading through want ads and trying to cold call about jobs.. Was 1.85 min wage?

Weird! My grandmother lived in W.Hollywood (50's-70's) and worked at Pacific Bell as an operator at one point. back when you used an operator to connect your calls. It looks like writing you'd do when you are reading through want ads and trying to cold call about jobs.. Was 1.85 min wage?

I'm so old that I remember having to buy a Sunday paper for the employment section. When I saw Jane Doe's it reminded me of notes I could have taken. As you have seen, she has dollar amounts written down. When I read "Mountain Bell (3 hours less), I thought it might be 3 hours less work per week. Also "3:00", time of job interview?

My mother worked at a telephone company in Utah when there were those plug-in cable thingys. She said she had to work with a cold once and her nose was running and there was no time to use a Kleenex so she had to place twisted up Kleenex in her nostrils!

Don't know about min. wage but I think I made $1.85 per hour as a waitress at the Pizza Inn around 1974-1975 but waitresses always made less.

Well maybe if she had a sister... this girl has a facebook page and apparently is very much not in hiding in 2012 December she posted on Facebook... so, not her, unless they have the girls name wrong on her yearbook pic sitting with the classmate doing a math test.. which is possible I guess... She looked just like her to me... I can't believe it isn't her...mind boggling..

Are you using the same name as in the yearbook? Because I just searched on FB and the only profile with that name that had a wedding photo is very much not the same person as in the yearbook. The nose is too big to be of the same girl. Unless she had a nose augmentation, of course, but that's very unlikely.

Or did you find out if she got married and have another last name now?

I just came across this case and in the news story, there is a lot of mention of her height, the length of her hands, and her preoccupation with her hands. Add that to her age when she comitted suicide (41), and I strongly suspect that she either had, or thought she had, Marfan Syndrome. Prior to a few years ago, the life expectancy of a person with Marfan was 41 years. That could be confirmed possibly, through genetic testing of her daughter, and could make her much easier to identify.

I read through the thread last night and I can't remember if this has been suggested, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Michelle Renee Giusti
giusti_michelle.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_michelle.html

Went missing at almost 2 years old from WA with her mother and her sister. What struck me is what her mother looked like:

giusti_sharon.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/giusti_sharon.html

Am I the only one who see a resemblance between Sharon and LEK? It's not striking, but it's there.

I also ran Michelle's height at 24 months old through a percentile chart and she's taller than 95th percentile (I might have made an error though, I don't know) at her age. She could've grown up to be 5'10''.

I think that using BST's name and identity is a clue somehow. I feel like LEK had ties to WA somehow. Maybe her mother took the kids and left, and LEK later found out about it?

She was also born in 1961, which would work with the theory of LEK being older than she claimed to be. Although giving birth at 47 is less probable, but not entirely impossible.

Actually, 3'6 has to be a mistake. Maybe they were meaning to put 2'6? Or just 3?

106cm at age 2 seems like stretching it. I was only 130cm when I was 10! Sure, everybody have different growth and DNA but, still.

ETA: What about 36 inches? Does that seem more plausible?

I ran it through a calculator, and using an average weight of 25 lbs for Michelle at 24 months, her mother's height and estimating her father's height as 5'10'', she was supposed to grow up to be 5'9.

Actually, 3'6 has to be a mistake. Maybe they were meaning to put 2'6? Or just 3?

106cm at age 2 seems like stretching it. I was only 130cm when I was 10! Sure, everybody have different growth and DNA but, still.

ETA: What about 36 inches? Does that seem more plausible?

I ran it through a calculator, and using an average weight of 25 lbs for Michelle at 24 months, her mother's height and estimating her father's height as 5'10'', she was supposed to grow up to be 5'9.
On various documents, her height was listed as 5'6" ,5'10", and 5'11" respectively. I'm looking into that now.

I read through the thread last night and I can't remember if this has been suggested, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Michelle Renee Giusti

Am I the only one who see a resemblance between Sharon and LEK? It's not striking, but it's there.

RSBM
Oddly enough, the Giusti girls were ruled out this week!
The only other rule outs besides Parly Pate.
Fortunately, I believe the detective is working hard to get some new ones.

RSBM
Oddly enough, the Giusti girls were ruled out this week!
The only other rule outs besides Parly Pate.
Fortunately, I believe the detective is working hard to get some new ones.

That's a weird coincidence, lol! I don't think it will take long before she's identified, given the exposure her story has gotten in the last week.

Not sure if she was mentioned either but;

Cheryl Schille Wyant
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1787dfwa.html

The height is good and I feel like they have a similar smile. Not sure about the nose though (but she could've had a nose job). Cheryl lived in a group home and had previously lived in a foster home - that's the kind of 14 year old I think would manage to get by on their own and get a new identity.

The letter from Roger Steinbeck. What is everyone's take on it? Seems kinda weird to be a complete fake. If you are going to fake a reference letter, why talk about working for rent. Why not just say she worked for me and was a good employee.
On the other hand, it says from high school until July of 1988. Well, she wasn't Lori Kennedy until July 5th of 1988. Just so strange. Was she trying to serve two purposes, a reference letter for employment and rental, but then why not just fake two letters. Could it be as simple as she had one piece of Oriental Stationary and thought the letters would look more real on it? We are dealing with a person that wasn't stable, so things that don't make sense to us might have made perfect sense to her. Also, based on her signature as Lori Ruff, it doesn't appear she signed Roger Steinbeck.

Has someone already looked at the similarity between this abducted girl and Lori Ruff?
raZP4cp.jpg

I've been following a story of a girl who was a possible abduction years ago-all that was left was a Polaroid of her and a boy. This picture only includes the girl's face. I've taken some of the pictures from both stories and put them together.

Here is a link to the story of the potential abduction http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

I've not yet done the maths, but the pictures somewhat shock me! Please let me know your thoughts.

Has someone already looked at the similarity between this abducted girl and Lori Ruff?
raZP4cp.jpg

I've been following a story of a girl who was a possible abduction years ago-all that was left was a Polaroid of her and a boy. This picture only includes the girl's face. I've taken some of the pictures from both stories and put them together.

Here is a link to the story of the potential abduction http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/66uffl.html

I've not yet done the maths, but the pictures somewhat shock me! Please let me know your thoughts.

The nose looks similar to me, but does the abducted girl have attached earlobes? I can't see clearly, but it looks like it.

Not sure about the eyebrows (they can be plucked though) and it's difficult to tell if her eyes are as big as LEK's. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

ETA: The timeline confuses me though. LEK had already established a new identity in 1988, so why would she have been in danger in 1989?

Thanks Hope! All good questions too. Hard to tell. Although the abducted girl was squinting, if that's the right word for it. She looks angry or something, doesn't she? The other pictures are of a smiling woman. Hmmm..very interesting!

How can we find out which show is supposed to discuss this case this weekend on NPR? I never saw it mentioned which one would run it....

I agree the writer was looking for a job in the phone industry.

The nose looks similar to me, but does the abducted girl have attached earlobes? I can't see clearly, but it looks like it.

Not sure about the eyebrows (they can be plucked though) and it's difficult to tell if her eyes are as big as LEK's. I wouldn't completely rule it out.

ETA: The timeline confuses me though. LEK had already established a new identity in 1988, so why would she have been in danger in 1989?

According to Doenetwork that film was not available until May or June 1989. LEK was establishing her life in Texas by that time. Remarkable likeness, but not her.

Side by side pics of Freda Denman (possible biological mother of Lori Ruff); Sheri Lynn Johnson (ages 2-4); and Lori Kennedy Ruff:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_kxBBqPyp5TUlhxV3NoSHRyQ1E/edit?usp=sharing

I think the husband killed Freda and took the two kids (Sheri Lynn and baby brother Michael). He possibly gave the brother away and maybe Sheri lived with her corrupt criminal murdering dad for 402 months before she was able to create a new identity. That would mess anyone up mentally and this could explain why Lori was so protective of her daughter.

The resemblance among these pictures is the best match. Please note the ears (which always stay the same shape throughout someone's life) - they are the same. Sheri Lynn was also very tall for a four year old and her mother Freda is listed as 5'7" - tall.

I emailed a detective from Independence, Missouri which is in Jackson county (note she scribbled "JACKSON" on the one page.

Maybe the Denmans could offer DNA to see if Lori Huff is Sheri Lynn Johnson. This all fits!

Bumping this...Still the strongest resemblance in my opinion.

The SSN investigator is checking DNA on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708