OCSO Claims No New Charges On The Horizon

My first reaction was disgust and sorrow. But, I have to remember that I have *no idea* what is going on at the OCSO. Obviously they have information they aren't sharing (they'd be stupid to tell the public everything) and I do think it is strange that they made this statement (I agree with the PPs...why say anything at all?). I'm sure there is a method to their madness and I think Sheriff Beary is a good man who, along with the rest of the OSCO, wants justice for Caylee. Patience is difficult, but without it, the whole case could get screwed up. Which is better....To jump the gun, charge Casey and have her be found not guilty? Or, to find that last bit of patience and and trust that OSCO has a plan? I'm not one for having lots of patience, but I'm really trying.

Agree. Maybe OSCO is trying to lessen the media attention on Casey in hopes that she will become comfortable with her life again and slip up. Just a theory and probably not a very good one. I haven't had my morning coffee yet. LOL

I can't help but laugh at how cocky Baez appears. He has only one card up his sleeve and he keeps alluding to that in his idiotic interviews. Waiting to present this in court during opening his statement.. That's all he's got to create doubt? An opening statement? Look at all LE has during this investigation. Look at what we don't know they have.

This entire case has been a tag game between LE and Baez so far. LE plays their part well and Baez runs around trying to distract the public from the facts they have by accusing and discrediting them. LE has had the lead since the beginning. Today is no different.

With the latest claim from LE, Baez will feel more cocky than ever and it will be obvious. Casey and family may also think about talking more now and slip up.

I really think they have all the information they need to prove Caylee is gone. What information they may not have 'iron clad' proof on is that Casey is the one that committed the act. That's where the investigation now sits, IMO.

I can't imagine how we'd all feel if this went to court with all the DNA/forensics proof but have Jose leave doubt that Casey is behind it and we watch her walk out the door.

That's enough for me to have patience.

I just can't understand why they haven't been actively searching for a body. LE has the staff for it. The longer they wait, the worse the condition of the evidence.

Ok, I am just going to tell myself that they are trying to lull her into a false sense of security before they nail her to the wall.

I will repeat it until I believe it, otherwise I will be tearing my hair out within the hour.

I agree, they have more than enough to charge her now. I think this is one of those statements they make for a reason and the reason isn't that they don't have enough to charge her but probably as you say lulling her into a false sense of security.

This is so discouraging. We have tons of pings and docs we are all looking for, OCSD I am sure has gone over everything. This all is beginning to seem like it's in vain. According to this report, there is no evidence of a dead Caylee. No mention of a death band on hair, was there really a death band on the hair at all or was that a NG spin? Wondering if we should try to connect the dots to Casey giving her daughter away? Although in my heart, I believe Caylee is deceased. Blah!:confused::bang:

Right now they have enough to prove death, accidental death easily. Remember this will be a murder trial, there are no do-overs. They want her charged on MURDER. That requires that the preponderance of evidence shows calculated murder. So far, the circumstancial evidence seems to be in their favor. But Murder also requires that LE prove beyond a reasonable doubt that this is Murder. From the WS polls: 10% of the people who post here on WS still believe she is alive, 34.63% either think it was not-premeditated or are still sitting on the fence, from the 9/23 doc drop quiz there are at least 14 WSers who still believe she is alive and 23 who are still sitting on the fence... now that is out of 570 WSers but they need EVERYONE on the jury to agree or she gets OFF. Reasonable doubt. Different people have different definitions of REASONABLE, there are people who would believe it if Casey said purple aliens climbed out of her nose and took off with Caylee and would find it a reasonable doubt. Normal people wouldn't but it's VERY hard to screen for that kind of thing. The average person doesn't really believe in Occam's Razor as much as they say they do... they don't WANT Caylee to be dead so they will believe ANYTHING to keep from facing that reality. They know they are going to have to slam down each and every nail in that coffin to put Casey away because of people who refuse to look at reality and call it by its real name because it is too hard to face. Look at Cindy, she is the perfect example of that and so are some of her parrots who frequent some of these pages. They believe Caylee is alive not because LE hasn't got any evidence but rather because they don't want to know she is dead. This case is sufficiently big that it is going to be difficult, if not impossible, to find a jury that hasn't heard what is going on. Baez will make sure NONE of us who believe Caylee is dead is on that jury. The jury will be made up of the few people who do not know or care about this case AND those who have but still believe Caylee is alive. Until OUR fence sitters and "Caylee is Alive"rs are convinced that she is dead and murdered, there is absolutely no reason to go to trial because she will be exonerated unless they have some super-duper unbelievable evidence that we don't know about. As much as that galls me, I think it's true today maybe not tomorrow or next week. We need to have patience, LE are working on making this as airtight as they can to avoid that outcome.

I just can't understand why they haven't been actively searching for a body. LE has the staff for it. The longer they wait, the worse the condition of the evidence.

They have been .... along with local's that have dedicated themselves to finding Caylee.

Why was CA allowed to wash the pants? Why did JB get the receipts and decide which ones to give them? Why was LA allowed to retrieve her stuff from TonE? Why in the he** wasn't the car taken into custody ASAP & not allowed to sit in their garage reeking of a dead human being? Why was she allowed bond when she cannot produce where her 2 year old (3 year old now!) child is located dead or alive? Travesty of justice and I am convinced she will not be prosecuted for Caylee's death. The whole family should burn in hell as far as I am concerned. I just can't waste any more time on this case since justice will never come. Now I understand why Greta stopped reporting on it. Waste, a HUGE waste!!!:mad:

JMO, but just because Cindy said they told her it was okay to wash the pants doesn't mean they did. Miss Pants-on-Fire, Senior had that car for HOURS before OCSO was called. I'm betting she washed those pants before she found Casey.

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe OCSO took the car that first night.

Now...now...calm down and take a deep breath. We KNOW they have a lot of things which are solid evidence already. Go read the interviews again and remember...these are only the "outtakes". They do not include the forensic or pertinent evidence they do have.
THANK YOU SS! Everyone go to the media section and watch the video again. Beary states that DNA is "not like walker texas ranger" and it takes time for those tests. That tells me that his case will be built on the dna and forensics and we must wait until their case is strong (which he also alludes to).

It takes much, much longer to build a strong case with no body... but we must feel thankful on some level that Casey was stupid enough to leave so much forensic evidence in her car, in her yard, and on her computer.

I have more faith than ever after watching Beary talk. He mentioned what they did have.....and why it would not be a quick process....but he did not, in any way, shape or form, say that charges would never come. He was just addressing the speed with which they would. As Drippy says, imho, moo, jmo LOL.... (I always love when our poster drippy says that)

patience is a virtue...patience is a virtue...

Hey SS! Could you send a cup of that optimism over... purdy please! And make it snappy!

Remembering Yuri's discussion from his Support thread, he said when this is over he will answer questions but can't discuss the case right now.

There is an end in sight, you just have to keep faith that justice will prevail.
good morning tigger! Could you link that post if possible? I find what you said very encouraging! Thank you!:clap:

I personally would rather LE not say a word until it comes time to charge her or whatever but this constant changing of their minds, what evidence sources say they have, etc., is disheartening.
I agree, it seems LE and Casey are playing cat and mouse and leaving all of us scratchin our heads. I was better off not reading this article :D

JMO, but just because Cindy said they told her it was okay to wash the pants doesn't mean they did. Miss Pants-on-Fire, Senior had that car for HOURS before OCSO was called. I'm betting she washed those pants before she found Casey.

Also, someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe OCSO took the car that first night.

I am fairly certain that LE immediately took possession of the car. And you are right about Casey's pants, I always had the impression that Cindy washed the pants before she called LE. Why would LE give her permission to wash something that could potentially be evidence?

More DNA must mean Caylees little body.....still waiting....

I am fairly certain that LE immediately took possession of the car. And you are right about Casey's pants, I always had the impression that Cindy washed the pants before she called LE. Why would LE give her permission to wash something that could potentially be evidence?

I agree, I think the Tide and the Clorox was in one hand and the cell phone in the other.

Listen guys... Don't give up hope.

In Cindy's interview she says she's grieving. That's not the first time she's said that. They know the truth but can't admit it because it's going to hurt too much. I understand that.

The facts are here. LE knows plenty.

Patience.... patience... patience...

That's much easier to swallow than watching Casey walk out of the court room free with her evil grin and high 5'n her brother.

Last week, charges in a few weeks, this week, no charges on the horizon. :confused:

Last week, "iron clad" evidence, placement of Caylee's body in trunk, this week no evidence???
morning Zoomomom! No worries! It was just the way WESH reported it. That newschannel should get the wet noodle. The only one who can give a time estimate is LE and Beary said yesterday that dna is "not like walker texas ranger". They are building a case without a body so it has to be tight. I don't care how long it takes as soon Casey will be serving time for child neglect and fraud (november is her trial!!!!! yeah!!!!!) and safely behind bars..... I know we all want this to come faster but some times faster is not better. It will all be good. Casey left too much evidence behind to get out of this one.

aside: a lot of days I feel just as frustrated as you (like yesterday)... today I have more patience and optimism LOL. We will all get each other thru this.....another beauty of being part of this community :blowkiss:

Law enforcement took possession of the car within 24 hours of being called, not two days like Cindy lied to the media.

Law enforcement has a plan in all this. Think about it! If for nothing else, every single time Casey talks, she digs a bigger hole. If law enforcement says, "We're not planning on charging her at this time", she'll get comfortable and start talking. She has to live her entire life looking over her shoulder, waiting for them to find the body. Besides, so what if they aren't charging her with murder yet? Wasn't the tally up to 70 something years in prison with the fraud charges? We all know she won't serve that much time, but she WILL go to jail over this.

On a positive note, let's say they were going to charge her with something. They wouldn't say, "Hey, we're going to charge her!" That would be what we might call a flight risk. :D They won't tell us they're going to charge her. They'll charge her. They'll cuff her. Then we'll know. They don't want her thinking her days are up and then running and hiding.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back