Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess that is his explanation of why he probably will not be at either the private or public memorials nor the funeral in Canada.

( I am picturing him being chased through the streets by an angry mob holding torches)

"The bizarre and unsupported theories floating around television and the Internet have made it impossible for us to sit quietly and to say nothing

Keep watching, boys!

Probably for the best. The family should have to be tortured by his presence...knowing...or even thinking he murdered their daughter/sister/family member as they bury their loved one.

Well...yes...that's what he's paid to say....

Believe me, the attorney does NOT want to know IF he's guilty or not. His job is to defend an innocent man,...........period!:behindbar

IF the attorney KNEW his client was guilty, but the client was pleading innocent at a trial, the attorney would have to excuse himself. He would NOT be able to give his client a proper defense.:boohoo:

That's just the way it is.

Yes, he's 'paid' to say his client is 'innocent.' Even if it's a lie!:rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

I think his theory on what happened to Nancy is a heck of alot more bizarre than any of ours.

"He's innocent....now give me my $500,000"....If the client thinks this is going to be cheaper than paying Nancy in any way, shape or fashion, I believe he was sadly mistaken...in more ways that money.

:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

"The bizarre and unsupported theories floating around television and the Internet have made it impossible for us to sit quietly and to say nothing

Keep watching, boys!
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

I wonder if this is this attorney's first high profile case?:confused:

He's going to be very disappointed this weekend when he wanders the internet and see that his little news conference didn't stop the speculation one bit, but most likely brought attention to him as a...........well.............defense attorney!:waitasec: We know what most people think about them!:eek:

:D
JMHO
fran

PS.....After all, this is the internet and an opinion board and free speech and all that. I can say what I want! humph! ;)

Thanks for the link. I thought the line about Cooper not wanting to grieve in public at press conferences was a jab at her family. Maybe I'm just reading it negatively, but that part rubbed me the wrong way.

Well, he 'may have' meant it that way but what he's really saying is, 'my client doesn't want to speak in public because he's watched the guys before him say stupid stuff that helped get them convicted because they were contradictory statements of what was later proven to have not been the case.'

Or, ..........something like that.

:boohoo:He was making excuses for Brad hiding behind the closed doors.:boohoo:

JMHO
fran

I think his theory on what happened to Nancy is a heck of alot more bizarre than any of ours.

Speaking of bizarre....

Show of hands now people...who else thinks that it is extremely bizarre that absolutely NO ONE from Brad's family, Brad's close personal friends (not friends they shared as a couple), co-workers or heck even people who grew up with him have come out to speak of Nancy's death and how there is no way that Brad could have had anything to do with it???

Thanks. I ask this because a poster on an NC State message board I frequent posted this regarding something his parents saw in Lochmere on Friday night. He indicated this was around 9:00-9:30 so it doesn't seem like it's related to the case....

They have talked to the cops. They were coming home from dinner last friday and drove by a parking lot where a woman was on the ground with a man near her. At first they thought it was just two people getting it on but something didn't seem right so they kept driving back by trying to get more info (what the looked like, liscence plate, etc) but then all of a sudden they were gone real quick. They got the feeling it was something else when they said they drove by once and it looked like he was helping her up off the ground but then when they came back by she was on the ground again.

Oh my goodness sounds like Ma & Pa P all over again..........
Someone stole LAci for her baby / a gang kidnapped her / a brown van...

When all was said & done Jackie says I want those & those & those!!!!

A couple pages back, a Brad Cooper's resume? I don't know if that is his or not. But I pasted it into Word, because I noticed so many misspelled words. Try it!, red under-lines everywhere. I just didn't expect that since he thinks he is so smart. I know I'm just picking here.

No I'm trying to just catch up, I'm on page 4 right now, sorry.

lol @ Fran...they'll be coming for you.

LOL, well, as you can see I've been here for quite some time. So any defense attorney that wants to get hold of me, knows where I can be reached, LOL.

This is nothin'. You shoulda' been here for the SP trial. :woohoo:

This guy Brad, AND his attorney, may think that he's someone special. But, he's NOT. He's one of hundreds if NOT thousands of guys who decided they wanted their cake and eat it too. BUT, when the tuff got going, they, MAY HAVE, (LOL) turned to murder rather than .........D I V O R C E.
In the grand scheme of things, divorce is much cheaper than TRIAL.

As it seems many of these guys find out. Then..................LWOP or DP is a pretty hard price to pay after forking out all the dough too! :behindbar

JMHO
fran

I'm thinking it's not so wierd...I read in the Edmonton paper a statement from his sister-in-law saying she had never meant Nancy. Mind you I don't know how long she's been married to his brother Grant. But in the trips Nancy has made to Canada, I would think she would see these people. Seems there is some kind of estrangement, though she did say Grant was on his way here.
Based upon his personality, its not seeming that he had close friends.

Keep watching, boys!

And all you mean ole internet people better stop talking about Mr. Wonderful (BC) you are destroying his beautiful image that he has created for himself!

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft

Speaking of bizarre....

Show of hands now people...who else thinks that it is extremely bizarre that absolutely NO ONE from Brad's family, Brad's close personal friends (not friends they shared as a couple), co-workers or heck even people who grew up with him have come out to speak of Nancy's death and how there is no way that Brad could have had anything to do with it???

Ehh..........they're probably all hiding their head in shame that they've been associating with him for the past several years. :eek:

He does LOOK guilty, after all! :bang:

Whether he's arrested, tried and convicted is a different story. But,........the suspicion is there and,............well,.............it's kind of a hard thing to shake off. :rolleyes:

JMHO
fran

Well, alrighty then. The defense lawyer says he's innocent.:rolleyes:

Guess that's settled.:waitasec:

;)
fran

http://www.newsobserver.com/2864/story/1145979.html

Cooper's lawyer says he's innocent

Brad Cooper did not kill his wife and wants to mourn her death in private, one of his attorneys said today at a brief news conference.

<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>

Since Brad is wanting to mourn his wife in private I certainly hope his lawyers advised him to stay away from his mistress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INSYSIV