**GRAPHIC**- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder: ***DISCUSSION OF THE VIDEO ONLY***

Status
Not open for further replies.
FootballMom...are you able to find a purple hoodie that matches that color in his other pics? I don't recall thinking he was in purple in the video, it was pretty dimly lit and hard to make out a definitive color.

Yep! I did notice the purple show up in a few frames and was surprised/happy to see that... not sure if I grabbed one but will look & post if I do. I was focused on wound & hand images for comparison.

What I meant is are there other pics of LM in a purple hoodie that he posted.... it would create another comparison/connection possibly.

Comparisons from killvid & regular LM pics:

LM pic w/ MM shirt compared to LM pic w/ MM shirt at airport

Above LM pics taken from Flickr (see below post for albums)

Ring from killvid

Collage of hands from the killvid and LM reg pics.....[/COLOR][/U][/B]

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13675

Thank you for bringing this over! Is it possible to resize your images so the frames are in alignment? If not, no big deal just thought I'd check. Awesome, awesome work! :)

Comparisons from killvid & regular LM pics:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

LM pic w/ MM shirt compared to LM pic w/ MM shirt at airport
picture.php

Above LM pics taken from Flickr (see below post for albums)

Ring from killvid
picture.php

Collage of hands from the killvid and LM reg pics.....[/COLOR][/U][/B]

(super sized) http://www.websleuths.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1555&pictureid=13675

picture.php

When I click the link, it doesn't work. All I get is a white page...

I watched the video and took many notes ...I counted 100 stabs...yet so little damage seemed done when the camera pans over the body...I agree the disappearing stab wounds are curious. I though maybe just lo quality video ...but I couldn't tell for sure....AWESOME version of that dog still..btw ... :)

So I found the video. Does anyone else find it odd that there is a table on the bed @ 8:35... and on top of that, what appears to be the portion of the body that was removed with a knife & fork?

Is it possible that Luka might have drained the body of blood by slashing Lin's neck, and then rearranged the time sequence of the video so that it seemed like the icepick stabs came beforehand? And then the stabs might only draw a little blood and seem to vanish. Or maybe he drilled holes somewhere in the body, Dahmer-style, to drain it of blood, before he even started with stabbing and cutting. Or possibly, between segments of the video he cleaned wounds somehow.

I'm assuming (since I haven't and will not watch the footage) that due to the poor quality of the video, the blood oozing from wounds was visible rather than the actual puncture marks in the flesh.

...What an odd thing to try to puzzle out. The other day I almost walked away from this case altogether because it's so disturbing.

I watched the video and took many notes ...I counted 100 stabs...yet so little damage seemed done when the camera pans over the body...I agree the disappearing stab wounds are curious. I though maybe just lo quality video ...but I couldn't tell for sure....AWESOME version of that dog still..btw ... :)

Is it possible that Luka might have drained the body of blood by slashing Lin's neck, and then rearranged the time sequence of the video so that it seemed like the icepick stabs came beforehand? And then the stabs might only draw a little blood and seem to vanish. Or maybe he drilled holes somewhere in the body, Dahmer-style, to drain it of blood, before he even started with stabbing and cutting. Or possibly, between segments of the video he cleaned wounds somehow.

I'm assuming (since I haven't and will not watch the footage) that due to the poor quality of the video, the blood oozing from wounds was visible rather than the actual puncture marks in the flesh.

...What an odd thing to try to puzzle out. The other day I almost walked away from this case altogether because it's so disturbing.

There are definitely stab wounds to the stomach area BEFORE LM starts to stab JL's body. I noticed this about the 3rd time I watched the video when I was trying to see the dog better. I think LM stabbed JL before he cut his throat, but for some reason, this part is not filmed on the version submitted to the internet. I also noticed that when LM is slicing at the body with the knife he uses, there is absolutely NO blood at all.... I wonder if LM killed JL and then placed the body in some sort of freezer before removing the body and completing the video? If so, that is another level of crazy, IMHO. I captured a screen shot towards the end of the video where the head, the left arm, and a leg are laying in what appears to be ice. Did LM have access to a chest type freezer or a VERY large cooler? There is another screen shot of the right arm laying inside what is obviously the freezer compartment of a regular refrigerator. I wish I had noted the time stamp for these screen shots. They are all towards the end, and there are numerous rapid screen shots woven into the video.

{RSBM}

It is odd and disturbing... but also an incredible mystery to solve around every twist and turn.

Yes, the quality/lighting is poor at times but when the camera is directly over the body it is quite evident that one frame before there were visible wounds then they disappear... then reappear in the frame following. What is incredibly odd is that the 4 original wounds disappear but the later wounds are visible.

The time reference is easy to follow with the dismemberment... Which is how I am able to tell the frames are not out of sequence... unless I am totally missing something. :banghead:

There are 4 puncture wounds (with blood) before he begins with the pick... then later there are 8 wounds (with blood), then the original 4, then only the last 4 at the bottom which are barely visible, then none, then back to 8 again with much more blood...

A few have mentioned counting over 100 stabs... that is another thing that strikes me as very odd because no more than 8 obvious wounds from the navel area to just above the pubic area are ever visible. There are a few wounds on the clavicle near the beginning but they were too small to track... not at all like the other ones.

So I found the video. Does anyone else find it odd that there is a table on the bed @ 8:35... and on top of that, what appears to be the portion of the body that was removed with a knife & fork?

I did not see that. I dreadfully looked for the video again, but thankfully, I can't find it. I did notice the last time I watched it, that the fork with flesh on it appears again after it is initally removed from camera, right before the dog is placed on the bed. As horrible as this video is, the editing of it offers another huge view into the mind of LM. Why would it be edited the way it was??? It is disgusting and disturbing without a doubt, but it is also very odd. :waitasec:

Yes streets I noticed that...I assume he is using a small table top tripod with a handheld cam. To get the best angle of what he was doing he probably had to have that stable to put the camera on...and yes that is the fork it pans over.

What I meant is are there other pics of LM in a purple hoodie that he posted.... it would create another comparison/connection possibly.

I did not find any "obvious" photos posted anywhere with him wearing a purple hoodie... however, since we are 99% sure it is him wearing the purple hoodie in the YouTube "Preview" videos he posted before the murder... I've done a comparison of the unaltered YT hoodie with the killvid hoodie sleeve. I increased the exposure only; I didn't fool with any of the colors so we can see the killvid sleeve in better light is almost an exact match with the YT video in brighter lighting.

FWIW... from what I can tell... with exposure & brightness adjustments the purple sweat pants we have seen him wear do not match the hoodie. It is an entirely different hue. I even tried to adjust the tint to see if I could get it to match and it wasn't close. IMO the pants have more pink undertones and the hoodie has a darker blue undertone. I could be totally wrong but that was just from my 5 minutes of goofing around and I don't think it is that important in the grand scheme of things.

Attachments

• Purple Hoodie.jpg
    Purple Hoodie.jpg
    297.7 KB · Views: 268
Is it possible the killvid was created using his laptop and not a separate movie camera? Also, I think the "advertisement" shots posted on May 15th were from a camera with flash or taken with a light shining on him since the lighting is way brighter than the killvid.

Is it possible the killvid was created using his laptop and not a separate movie camera? Also, I think the "advertisement" shots posted on May 15th were from a camera with flash or taken with a light shining on him since the lighting is way brighter than the killvid.

No I don't think so. You can see the hand strap for the hand held cam in the kill vid on more than one occasion. I am 99% sure it was a cam like the one I just posted a link for.

Hi everyone, I just joined the board, I posed an initial hello message on the main LM Thread, but I'm following this one too. I have many questions like everyone else, about the video ... but one of the questions I had, I believe somewhere on one of the other threads a couple of people mentioned they thought there was a second dog in the room (an adult dog) . At one point I clearly hear the puppy bark once , but its clearly a high pitched yap typical of a young pup that we see. I don't recall any evidence of a second dog, though so I'm curious what may have lead people to think that. Perhaps I overlooked something.

Having watched that horrific video a few questions come to my mind.

Is there anything more disturbing that he could have done to the body?

He covered all his bases to make this the most disturbing, disgusting video ever. Putting in every element that he could. A killing, dismemberment, masturbation with a limb, cannibalism, necrophilia, the puppy,the wine bottle. And mailing the limbs to various places.

This was a very well thought out killing. Just to get the instruments needed to dismember, getting a puppy for that heinous act would have taken time and a lot of thinking.

This was premeditated 100 percent. It was not a spur of the moment killing. There will be no insanity plea.

Let's hope this sick little attention seeking coward rots in jail for the rest of his disturbed useless life.

Having watched that horrific video a few questions come to my mind.

Is there anything more disturbing that he could have done to the body?

He covered all his bases to make this the most disturbing, disgusting video ever. Putting in every element that he could. A killing, dismemberment, masturbation with a limb, cannibalism, necrophilia, the puppy,the wine bottle. And mailing the limbs to various places.

This was a very well thought out killing. Just to get the instruments needed to dismember, getting a puppy for that heinous act would have taken time and a lot of thinking.

This was premeditated 100 percent. It was not a spur of the moment killing. There will be no insanity plea.

Let's hope this sick little attention seeking coward rots in jail for the rest of his disturbed useless life.

certainly a very disgusting video and while all videos capturing a real lost of life is disturbing and disgusting, it almost seems *safe* video for him to have made. IMO, i think the reason it is edited and not *as* graphic as some of the other readily available to download videos (like that hammer video) is because he probably restrained himself. I think he was disgusted with the gruesome'ness of the torture and dismemberment of Lin..he probably had to take breaks (perhaps even vomit?) during the whole thing. Perhaps take some medicine or drugs to get him to go through with the dismembering..
I certainly think it is possible. He built himself a reputation of being a hardcore and cold individual with little to no emotion. While I do believe he lacks empathy, I have a feeling he felt somewhat repulsed during that night from something. Maybe the smell, maybe other things he didn't stop to think about would occur during a murder... Perhaps editing the video was his way of hiding what he viewed as a weakness from the persona he built up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth