WARNING:GRAPHIC PHOTOS Meredith Kercher murdered-Amanda Knox appeals conviction #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, they were not visible. How is it determined that they were made the night of the crime?

How is it possible that luminol evidence is accepted in any courtroom ... except that there is no other expanation for the evidence that is detected using luminol. That is ... have we had any other reasonable explanation for the footprints that were detected using luminol?

This is from the Rudy Guede's final appeal (PRESIDED OVER BY DR. UMBERTO GIORDANO)

"For Sollecito they give evidence: traces of DNA on the piece of fabric to which to the hooks of the bra are attached, the knife, which is compatible with the wounds inflicted on Meredith, found at his house with traces of Knox's DNA on the handle and Kercher’s on the blade, a print of a bare foot which is compatible with Sollecito's, found on the mat in the bathroom. For Knox: the traces on the knife handle found at the home of Sollecito, statements by Guede, the footprints from Knox and Sollecito detected by luminol, traces of genetic material on the sink and bidet, the phrase "I was there" in a conversation intercepted in prison between Knox and her parents, the testimony of Nara Capezzali who, at the time of the crime from her home about 70 meters away from via della Pergola heard a heart-rending scream and soon afterwards the footsteps of people going in opposite directions, towards via del Melo and along via del Bulagaio." (page 10)

Having viewed the records, the sentence and the appeal
heard in PUBLIC HEARING on December 16, 2010,
on the report made by Judge Dr. ENZO IANNELLI
Having heard the Chief Appeal Court Prosecutor
in the person of Dr. Gialanella

http://truejustice.org/ee//documents/perugia/guedesupremecourtsentencingreport.pdf

• For Sollecito they give evidence:

traces of DNA on the piece of fabric to which to the hooks of the bra are attached,

the knife, which is compatible with the wounds inflicted on Meredith, found at his house with traces of Knox's DNA on the handle and Kercher’s on the blade,

a print of a bare foot which is compatible with Sollecito's, found on the mat in the bathroom.

• For Knox:

the traces on the knife handle found at the home of Sollecito, statements by Guede,

the footprints from Knox and Sollecito detected by luminol,

traces of genetic material on the sink and bidet,

the phrase "I was there" in a conversation intercepted in prison between Knox and her parents,

the testimony of Nara Capezzali who, at the time of the crime from her home about 70 meters away from via della Pergola heard a heart-rending scream and soon afterwards the footsteps of people going in opposite directions, towards via del Melo and along via del Bulagaio.
Must rush out, but surely I am not the only one who believed the defense's vigorous refutations of some of these, nor various experts' refutations? In fact, all of this was refuted. But I will leave it for others to grapple with. . .

How is it possible that luminol evidence is accepted in any courtroom ... except that there is no other expanation for the evidence that is detected using luminol. That is ... have we had any other reasonable explanation for the footprints that were detected using luminol?
That they were made from another , prior, time? or that they were in fact made during a clean up or staging, after Guede had committed the act alone (I have written elsewhere how/why I have suspected this)

addendumIf Knox had not lived at that cottage, and if there were no Rudy Guede, I would believe the evidence.

quick closing thoughts:

• why should we believe what Rudy says?

• why was the bra collected 47 days later? contamination?

• how do we know when Amanda's prints were made? why not the day prior?

• the woman who heard this is from what I had heard not all that reliable, and half deaf

• "I was there", at Sollecito's, even though they say I had left

• were there not huge questions about the knife?

• if Mignini can break the law once, he may do so even in this case?

• and finally, can all refuters be stupid, evil, and dishonest?

Reasonable doubt about much of it...

• For Sollecito they give evidence:

traces of DNA on the piece of fabric to which to the hooks of the bra are attached,

the knife, which is compatible with the wounds inflicted on Meredith, found at his house with traces of Knox's DNA on the handle and Kercher’s on the blade,

a print of a bare foot which is compatible with Sollecito's, found on the mat in the bathroom.

• For Knox:

the traces on the knife handle found at the home of Sollecito, statements by Guede,

the footprints from Knox and Sollecito detected by luminol,

traces of genetic material on the sink and bidet,

the phrase "I was there" in a conversation intercepted in prison between Knox and her parents,

the testimony of Nara Capezzali who, at the time of the crime from her home about 70 meters away from via della Pergola heard a heart-rending scream and soon afterwards the footsteps of people going in opposite directions, towards via del Melo and along via del Bulagaio.
Must rush out, but surely I am not the only one who believed the defense's vigorous refutations of some of these, nor various experts' refutations? In fact, all of this was refuted. But I will leave it for others to grapple with. . .

Are you suggesting that because the evidence was argued during trial, it isn't valid? Has there ever been a trial where evidence was not argued? It seems to me that that is job of a defense lawyer ... to attempt to refute the evidence. The court determines whether the arguments are valid and ... in this case ... we have a detailed explanation from the Judge explaining why those arguments were rejected.

That they were made from another , prior, time? or that they were in fact made during a clean up or staging, after Guede had committed the act alone (I have written elsewhere how/why I have suspected this)

Can you refer me to where lawyers presented arguments providing an alternate time frame (other than the murder) for the footprints that were detected using luminol?

Can you refer me to where lawyers presented arguments providing an alternate time frame (other than the murder) for the footprints that were detected using luminol?
no, it is my own thought. But as for all refutations to my refutations: Ergo, anyone who believes Knox and Sollecito were railroaded is a deluded idiot and half wit. : ( So why even have this forum, they are both guilty as sin, and the rest of us should dry up. Kind of what is being said, between the lines.

quick closing thoughts:

• why should we believe what Rudy says?

• why was the bra collected 47 days later? contamination?

• how do we know when Amanda's prints were made? why not the day prior?

• the woman who heard this is from what I had heard not all that reliable, and half deaf

• "I was there", at Sollecito's, even though they say I had left

• were there not huge questions about the knife?

• if Mignini can break the law once, he may do so even in this case?

• and finally, can all refuters be stupid, evil, and dishonest?

Reasonable doubt about much of it...

Half deaf? She doesn't seem half deaf. She seems to be quite capable of hearing normal conversation.

[video=youtube;Nd-Th8lIxyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-Th8lIxyo[/video]

It is important to note that although Paul Ciolino claims police did not speak to Nara at all, she did testify in court ... thus making it rather obvious that Paul Ciolino is not being truthful. Clearly investigators spoke to her about what she heard on the night of the murder.

no, it is my own thought. But as for all refutations to my refutations: Ergo, anyone who believes Knox and Sollecito were railroaded is a deluded idiot and half wit. : ( So why even have this forum, they are both guilty as sin, and the rest of us should dry up. Kind of what is being said, between the lines.

The case is under appeal, just like many trials all over the world. Until the appeals are exhausted, new information is possible ... which is why many people are still following the case. Although there was an abundance of evidence presented during the 11 month trial, only three pieces of evidence are under review during appeal: knife, clasp, eye-witness testimony. All the other evidence has been accepted by the courts. We will know how the court rules on May 21. After that ... I think the Supreme court makes it's ruling.

The case is under appeal, just like many trials all over the world. Until the appeals are exhausted, new information is possible ... which is why many people are still following the case. Although there was an abundance of evidence presented during the 11 month trial, only three pieces of evidence are under review during appeal: knife, clasp, eye-witness testimony. All the other evidence has been accepted by the courts. We will know how the court rules on May 21. After that ... I think the Supreme court makes it's ruling.
but that will not change anyone's mind, on either side, I assume....:snooty::snooty:

i.e., if the convictions are overturned, you will continue to think they are guilty; if they are upheld, I will still have reasonable doubt. How could it be otherwise, now?

Half deaf? She doesn't seem half deaf. She seems to be quite capable of hearing normal conversation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nd-Th8lIxyo

It is important to note that although Paul Ciolino claims police did not speak to Nara at all, she did testify in court ... thus making it rather obvious that Paul Ciolino is not being truthful. Clearly investigators spoke to her about what she heard on the night of the murder.
what about my other points?:snooty:

but that will not change anyone's mind, on either side, I assume....:snooty::snooty:

Really? I disagree. I had no opinion of the involvement of Amanda and Raffaele in the murder until the trial. Trial evidence convinced me of their guilt. If it is demonstrated that errors were made in the evidence, then I would reconsider my opinion. I think many would.

i.e., if the convictions are overturned, you will continue to think they are guilty; if they are upheld, I will still have reasonable doubt. How could it be otherwise, now?

It's unfortunate that you have such a rigid opinion of those that are following this case with great interest.

Really? I disagree. I had no opinion of the involvement of Amanda and Raffaele in the murder until the trial. Trial evidence convinced me of their guilt. If it is demonstrated that errors were made in the evidence, then I would reconsider my opinion. I think many would.
Well, I sure hope the convictions are overturned, then - because I feel I gave months and months of serious consideration to their guilt, and only came to believe in their innocence reluctantly, slowly, and against my will. I trusted Mignini and the courts fully, until I was given reason to mistrust. I would like to see some of the zealots (not you, but on a "certain site") have to go through the same process....

what about my other points?:snooty:

why should we believe what Rudy says?
why was the bra collected 47 days later? contamination?
how do we know when Amanda's prints were made? why not the day prior?
the woman who heard this is from what I had heard not all that reliable, and half deaf
"I was there", at Sollecito's, even though they say I had left
were there not huge questions about the knife?
if Mignini can break the law once, he may do so even in this case?
and finally, can all refuters be stupid, evil, and dishonest?

<edit to add other points>

Who believes Rudy?

Evidence was collected in stages. The purse, blue hoodie, luminol evidence was collected on Dec 18. Why is it only a problem that the clasp was collected after the first inspection?

No evidence was presented in court to argue that the luminol prints were made at any time prior to the murder. In fact, Amanda testified that the blood in the bathroom was deposited on the night of the murder.

Knox said that she was there while talking with her mother. There's nothing that can be done about this.

There were 43 injuries, including knife wounds made by more than one knife. Meredith's DNA on the knife pretty much connects that weapon to the murder.

There were two prosecutors trying Knox and Sollecito. I have yet to hear a single complaint about one of the prosecutors. Without a reliable complaint against her, she must be considered to be an honest, upstanding officer of the court capable of doing her job.

Conspiracy theorists abound ... some people believe that it is a conspiracy that man landed on the moon. Is it surprising that the term "anti-americanism" has come up as an explanation for the verdicts? It's absurd, but it's not surprising. "But days after Knox and Sollecito's conviction on December 4 last year, a Democrat senator from Knox's home state of Washington, Maria Cantwell, said the trial had been tainted by anti-American bias and that she had serious concerns about a miscarriage of justice." (link)

Well, I sure hope the convictions are overturned, then - because I feel I gave months and months of serious consideration to their guilt, and only came to believe in their innocence reluctantly, slowly, and against my will. I trusted Mignini and the courts fully, until I was given reason to mistrust. I would like to see some of the zealots (not you, but on a "certain site") have to go through the same process....

Some people following the case are completely confident that the DNA evidence will be upheld (because the evidence has already been reviewed by several experts) and that the conviction will be upheld. Since many of those people on a "certain site" are quite well educated (many holding several university degrees), I suspect they will modify their opinions based on evidence ... that is what I expect from educated people ... that they are able to re-evaluate information and modify opinions.

I should not still be here and typing, but just had to throw some last thoughts in:
  1. They said Guede's statements were part of the evidence. THEY believe him, that's who.
  2. " I was there" - where? at Raffaele's, so one has nothing to fear. She knows she did not leave? why assume it was "at the cottage"? the CONTEXT shows what she meant.
  3. Well, the 2nd prosecutor may be known by "the company we keep"
  4. I have NEVER thought this was anti-Americanism, and many, many others who believe in innocence believe it has ZIP to do with such.
:tears::tears:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member