IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, in the partial photo of the truck, it really looks like either hoses or perhaps a lawn mower handle sticking up...so either a landscaper who mows lawns, or a pool cleaner or carpet cleaner with hoses?

I enlarged the picture to 500X, and it to me it looks like someone is holding someone else down in the back of the truck...the person being held down is using an arm to push away the other person. Could be way off base, but it looks like it to me. If you see the other photo of the truck, you can see someone sitting in the passengers seat.

attachment.php

Attachments

• trucks3.jpg
    trucks3.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 196
I think this is just a bad quality image and people see what they want to see-like a face on the moon. If a truck is going to drive around with a girl sitting in an open bed, people are going to notice. So it would have been a pretty stupid way to kidnap someone.

CR's lawyer has been open about him cooperating though, so maybe he wanted this done and will tell us soon if it was him. We were told he gave DNA, and I believe his cell and car were turned over early on.

If CR took and pass the polygraph, I bet his lawyer is going to tell us soon enough.

I sent an email to LE asking if they saw the truck in the Facebook image that curiousgirl2010 posted. Anything small they said right?

Wondering if you could post the email so that we can send in whatever we find of importance? TIA

I think this is just a bad quality image and people see what they want to see-like a face on the moon. If a truck is going to drive around with a girl sitting in an open bed, people are going to notice. So it would have been a pretty stupid way to kidnap someone.

I didn't know there was a "smart" way to kidnap someone. They sped off and ran a stop sign, so they apparently weren't too bright in the first place.

I can sort of see where it might look like a person in the back of the truck, but I don't think that the photo would have been released to the public if LE thought the same thing.

I was thinking that maybe LE blurred the person so they get all the tips they need and not create chaos.

This might sound stupid but I never felt like any of these guys harmed Lauren.
I have a personal connection to this case because I'm Jewish and Jewish people tend to REALLY stick together. It's a very tight knit community and everyone just seems to want to help everyone. No matter the "altercation" or "jealousy", in the end of the day, when push comes to shove, we consider ourselves "the chosen people" and we are going to stick together.

All the kids involved are Jewish which means they have the whole "our ancestors suffered together" in their minds. I mean, we listen about how we have to stick together all our lives.

It might seem naive and bias, but I always felt like we were talking about people from a tight knit community that really wouldn't hurt one another.

I know this may sound stupid and naive for most of you, but it makes sense to me and that was always my gut feeling.

Using that logic, Jewish people would never commit crimes against each other-which is clearly not the case. Furthermore, I don't think anyone even speculated that this would have been a pre-meditated type of a crime by anyone who knew Lauren.

I didn't know there was a "smart" way to kidnap someone. They sped off and ran a stop sign, so they apparently weren't too bright in the first place.

A "smart" way to kidnap someone would be to do it in a way as to not attract attention and be discovered. No?

I was thinking that maybe LE blurred the person so they get all the tips they need and not create chaos.

One would think LE would try to make the image clearer instead of blurring it, if they are trying to get all the tips they need.

Qualters said the BPD is currently looking at more video footage of Lauren from that night, but would not release the video’s location or content. He said the BPD is able to identify who was with her in the footage.

“I can tell you that we have video that depicts Lauren in various locations and we aren’t in the position to tell you where it’s from,” he said.
http://www.idsnews.com/news/story.aspx?id=81929

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't remember seeing it on the thread...They have video of LS in various locations. So far we know they have a video of her in the alley leaving Smallwood and in an altercation between CR and JW friends. Wonder if there are more?

Sorry if this is a repost but I didn't remember seeing it on the thread...They have video of LS in various locations. So far we know they have a video of her in the alley leaving Smallwood and in an altercation between CR and JW friends. Wonder if there are more?

There are so many cameras down there-my guess is at the bar itself,there should be a video.

I mentioned this earlier -- but it got lost because of the flurry after the photos were released. This is actually the biggest news of the day. In many a post we were assuming she didn't leave on foot (we thought there were no other videos).

One more thing...I have been a staunch anti-random-abduction guy from the start -- but the release of the vehicle photos has resulted in my having a more open mind.on the theory.

I mentioned this earlier -- but it got lost because of the flurry after the photos were released. This is actually the biggest news of the day. In many a post we were assuming she didn't leave on foot (we thought there were no other videos).

One more thing...I have been a staunch anti-random-abduction guy from the start -- but the release of the vehicle photos has resulted in my having a more open mind.on the theory.

I agree, but also can't discount these possibilities:
1. POI borrowed that truck
2. truck was not involved in the disappearance

from all appearances she was picked up by some guy in a pickup truck.

I am sure if one of the students in question owned such a vehicle we'd know by now.

<Modsnip>

Maybe she knew the person/s in the truck and went with them or maybe they offered her a ride and she accepted?

Maybe another video would be getting from the bar to CR's building? LE not saying if they have any video of Lauren after 3am or so, as far as I know.

I've always believed it could have been a crime of opportunity by a stranger, as she would have been an allegedly intoxicated, pretty young girl alone in the early hours of the morning. But LE doesn't say that they have any videos of her after she left JR's apartment.

If nothing else, it shows that LE believes it is probably a random act, after she left the apartment.

I agree, but also can't discount these possibilities:
1. POI borrowed that truck
2. truck was not involved in the disappearance

I agree that #2 is a definite possibility, before people get all excited.
The person in the truck could have been going to work early in the morning.

Pretty sure LE knows someone is being held down in the back and that is why they released it as a suspicious vehicle. I saw it in about 20 seconds of looking at it. I am not expecting a kidnapper to be smart (or even sober for that matter), and why would LE be looking elsewhere if any of the 3 or 4 boys seemed like they had done something? Could have been very spur-of-the-moment, and that would be why they sped off after they circled a second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361