ZFG Civil Case: Casey's Deposition #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the recaps of today's hearing.

GA and CA were baptized a while back, now FCA. Was this family never baptized before? Those Bible-thumping As who used to go to church, hang out with the pastor, and listen to their daughter speak of how she read her Bible in her jail cell from morning to night, especially on Caylee's third birthday? I find it difficult to believe none of those religious folks were never baptized before this. The elder As are in their 50s! Or maybe they were and it didn't take the first time? :waitasec:

I don't get it. :what:

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

GA and CA were baptized a while back, now FCA. Was this family never baptized before? Those Bible-thumping As who used to go to church, hang out with the pastor, and listen to their daughter speak of how she read her Bible in her jail cell from morning to night, especially on Caylee's third birthday? I find it difficult to believe none of those religious folks were never baptized before this. The elder As are in their 50s! Or maybe they were and it didn't take the first time? :waitasec:

After Dr. Phil's interview.....I don't think it took the second time either... jmo

it's allergy season, every time one of them sneezes they all refind God?

First of all, thank you wenwe4 for capturing so much of the hearing.

Regarding the bolded part, when LA was on the stand he mentioned that Casey told him that she "staked out at Sawgrass" looking for ZFG.

http://westorlandonews.com/2011/06/01/caseys-brother-lee-anthony-takes-the-stand/

Is this enough to "prove" that she was at Sawgrass, or is it not usable due to hearsay? (I don't know if civil trials have the same hearsay rules). Mitnik wants to be able to ask KC but she is hiding behind the 5th. Even if she did testify, would she tell the truth?

I was listening to the defense yesterday (while seriously grinding my teeth) go on and on about the differences in the real Zenaida Gonzales and the Nanny. FCA's Zanny knew Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, blah blah blah and the real ZG did not....etc. on and on he went.

And I thought to myself - have I fallen completely off the edge???? Here is a defense attorney standing up in court talking about lies, since anything attached to this person ZG and FCA was a lie - and asking us to pick the truth out of a bunch of lies?

It was completely surreal to me. I kept thinking but that's a lie, a fantasy...where is the truth or the comparison in a lie and reality, particularly when these lies are shape shifters - that change whenever anyone gets to close to them to have a good look - they go poof and morph into something else. I didn't know whether to laugh myself sick or just bang my head on my desk......

I laughed when I read your post because it was so NOT "you" - doubt you killed the thread - we are just all waiting for something positive to happen in this case and I'm worried there is a legal loop FCA will slide through once again.

I thought that it read as legal poop as opposed to legal loop but when it comes to FCA loop and poop it's all the same, she'll slide through it again. She should go down in history as being the best female con artist "EVER". Some won't agree, but tell me, how many other people getaway with all the things that she gets away with? All I can say is, she had/has a good teacher. She's more like her Mom than not. MOO

I was listening to the defense yesterday (while seriously grinding my teeth) go on and on about the differences in the real Zenaida Gonzales and the Nanny. FCA's Zanny knew Jeffrey Michael Hopkins, blah blah blah and the real ZG did not....etc. on and on he went.

And I thought to myself - have I fallen completely off the edge???? Here is a defense attorney standing up in court talking about lies, since anything attached to this person ZG and FCA was a lie - and asking us to pick the truth out of a bunch of lies?

It was completely surreal to me. I kept thinking but that's a lie, a fantasy...where is the truth or the comparison in a lie and reality, particularly when these lies are shape shifters - that change whenever anyone gets to close to them to have a good look - they go poof and morph into something else. I didn't know whether to laugh myself sick or just bang my head on my desk......

Lewis Carroll would have had an appreciation for the circular logic. This whole thing has reminded me of the Emperor's New Clothes, with CA leading the charge and all kinds of people falling into step over the last several years (and describing ever more elaborate imaginary costumes). Most of us here are like the little boy in the story that blurt out "She's flipping NAKED!". I guess we have to be grateful for that. I simply cannot imagine buying into that kind of giant Ponzi scheme level of faux that got this haux so much daux.

Well I tried my best to come to WS for the hearing....could NOT.GET.ON. I thought it might be due to the news that the body thought to be Hailey Dunn turned out to be a dude. Kind of like when we crashed it during Jury Selection when HHJP announced they were done for the day (JB had the runs) and we all posted WTF at the same time.

Yes, that was exactly why it got so slow. I am still stunned about that news. It's like BD and SA somehow got themselves some Casey luck. That is exactly how it feels. Those remains were a mile from SA's mom's house, his cellphone pings would have given him the time to bury her there, the remains had been for six months to a year, and the stupid media led us to believe there were articles with the body that would help identify it as Hailey's. The only other missing female in that area was in 1979, so it couldn't possibly be her. And we all assumed on sight they'd be able to tell if it was girl or man. It was sounding like poor Caylee all over again and then it turns out to be MALE.

My head is still spinning over it. And the weird thing is, I ought to feel relieved as maybe she's still out there, but I can't get the thought out of my head that BD and SA are sighing in relief that they have still gotten away with murder either. I feel like I've been turned upside down and hung by my ankles.

I agree, there just is no truth that can be used to show without a doubt that KC was referring to someone else, not ZG. In essense her attorney is arguing that she meant someone else, not this person who stands before the court. But...that someone else was and is a fantasy. They are claiming it's the wrong Zenaida when there never was, in reality, a Zenaida.

Still, I think the judge will rule in KC's favor unless someone reliable (maybe a Sawgrass employee) comes forward to say they saw KC there, and when...because I believe if it can be shown exactly how or where KC and ZG's paths may have crossed, ZG may have a better a chance of getting her day in court.

CA will not come forward with any information about KC and Sawgrass. And the felon seems to believe she can be born-again in spite of continuing to evade even the most basic of human responsibility.

Lewis Carroll would have had an appreciation for the circular logic. This whole thing has reminded me of the Emperor's New Clothes, with CA leading the charge and all kinds of people falling into step over the last several years (and describing ever more elaborate imaginary costumes). Most of us here are like the little boy in the story that blurt out "She's flipping NAKED!". I guess we have to be grateful for that. I simply cannot imagine buying into that kind of giant Ponzi scheme level of faux that got this haux so much daux.

Good one cecybeans...You made me laugh.

And what was with the Defense lawyer (was that Greene?) using the word zanee for Zanny the Nanny? As in zany? He only used the word Zanny a couple of times but each time used the wrong pronounciation - zany????

I found that very annoying - but interesting at the same time. Was :waitasec: thinking - what's up with that?

So well said and I know what you mean. I've never seen anything like it in my fifty-seven years...NEVER. Everything and everyone associated with FCA seems so insane and backwards. What world is this that we now live in? She lied her way into this mess and it appears that she'll lie her way back out of it. Seems to work for her. I just don't get it.

I believe 60 days would put us right around May 18 - 25th.

FCA's attorney is attempting to use her lies to get her out of this....unbelievable.
Everything about FCA is a lie but ZG is real and she is the one who was thought to possibly be the kidnapper. Maybe FCA won't get the break she is hoping for this time.

I agree, there just is no truth that can be used to show without a doubt that KC was referring to someone else, not ZG. In essense her attorney is arguing that she meant someone else, not this person who stands before the court. But...that someone else was and is a fantasy. They are claiming it's the wrong Zenaida when there never was, in reality, a Zenaida.

Still, I think the judge will rule in KC's favor unless someone reliable (maybe a Sawgrass employee) comes forward to say they saw KC there, and when...because I believe if it can be shown exactly how or where KC and ZG's paths may have crossed, ZG may have a better a chance of getting her day in court.

CA will not come forward with any information about KC and Sawgrass.
And the felon seems to believe she can be born-again in spite of continuing to evade even the most basic of human responsibility.

BBM - BUT - at what point was FCA's ZG a fantasy? Who is to say that FCA was actually identifying the real ZG - until the LE actually found her - and we all know what FCA does when she's gets caught - she makes up a whole new lie!

So how does the defense prove that one is a lie and one isn't a lie, even though it was in the first place. Or that one lie resolves the first lie...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pardon me while I extricate myself from this Alice In Wonderland rabbit hole I've fallen into. Er..no ...Mr. Mad Hatter sir, I won't be staying for tea...I'm quite sure I'm late for a very important date - I have to go now.......:crazy: ...

BBM - BUT - at what point was FCA's ZG a fantasy? Who is to say that FCA was actually identifying the real ZG - until the LE actually found her - and we all know what FCA does when she's gets caught - she makes up a whole new lie!

So how does the defense prove that one is a lie and one isn't a lie, even though it was in the first place. Or that one lie resolves the first lie...:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Pardon me while I extricate myself from this Alice In Wonderland rabbit hole I've fallen into. Er..no ...Mr. Mad Hatter sir, I won't be staying for tea...I'm quite sure I'm late for a very important date - I have to go now.......:crazy: ...

So the goal of the DT is to confuse the jury, once again, into submission. :banghead::banghead:

The thing that got my BP up was when Mr. Greene had the nerve to call ZG a liar! :maddening:

Richard Grund, in a police interview, states that Casey had talked about a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales, long, long before Caylee's demise. If, he was telling the truth, then it is impossible that Casey was talking about the Zenaida Gonzales who filed the complaint against Casey. Granted, Casey was lying even back then, however, her description of the fake nanny never came anywhere close to the description of Zenaida Gonzales.
Both Greene and M&M presented the jailhouse tape and LE showing Casey a photo of this Zenaida Gonzales. M&M is using both pieces of evidence as proof in his defamation case, while Greene is using both pieces to show Casey exonerated this Zenaida Gonzales. Which is legally correct? That will be for Judge Munyon to decide.
It is a fact that in the original complaint that the name Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales was used 23 times. M&M claims it was an oversight, while Greene claims the use was disingenuous, and was attempting to portray Zenaida as the person in Casey's imagination. The amended complaint corrected the "oversight," however, Zenaida also made 8 television interviews where she portrayed herself as Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales. Again, what is legally correct in this situation will be up to Judge Munyon to decide.
We should know the judge's decision in less than 60 days. Personally, I think Munyon is going to grant Greene's motion for summary judgment and deny M&M's motion for partial summary judgment. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

Richard Grund, in a police interview, states that Casey had talked about a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales, long, long before Caylee's demise. If, he was telling the truth, then it is impossible that Casey was talking about the Zenaida Gonzales who filed the complaint against Casey. Granted, Casey was lying even back then, however, her description of the fake nanny never came anywhere close to the description of Zenaida Gonzales.
Both Greene and M&M presented the jailhouse tape and LE showing Casey a photo of this Zenaida Gonzales. M&M is using both pieces of evidence as proof in his defamation case, while Greene is using both pieces to show Casey exonerated this Zenaida Gonzales. Which is legally correct? That will be for Judge Munyon to decide.
It is a fact that in the original complaint that the name Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales was used 23 times. M&M claims it was an oversight, while Greene claims the use was disingenuous, and was attempting to portray Zenaida as the person in Casey's imagination. The amended complaint corrected the "oversight," however, Zenaida also made 8 television interviews where she portrayed herself as Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales. Again, what is legally correct in this situation will be up to Judge Munyon to decide.
We should know the judge's decision in less than 60 days. Personally, I think Munyon is going to grant Greene's motion for summary judgment and deny M&M's motion for partial summary judgment. As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

I believe we have seen a few instances of Richard Grund mixing up his timelines. As we have seen in a number of statements made to the LE regarding witnesses who were supporting FCA, making an LE statement does not make it fact.

So what you are saying is that the oversight by M&M is not overshadowed by FCA or her lawyers (who were constantly in the media) making a very clear statement that Zenaida Gonzales is NOT FCA'S Nanny - that she is an innocent person. And it also overshadows FCA lying to CA by saying she was not shown any pictures of the "Nanny".

Not in my house it doesn't.

:waitasec:

I don't have the transcripts handy
But did RG say OCA told him the Full Name? ZFG..I don't remember that...but will go back and look thru the transcripts..

Just going off from my own recollection;
I remember him saying, along the lines of, in 2006 they were told by OCA that she lost her regular babysitter and the Grunds began to babysit Caylee.
After some time he/his family couldn't babysit Caylee for the amount of time they were during the weekdays (they were under the impression OCA was going to work at Universal) and OCA needed to find a babysitter for Caylee.
One day, after she came home from work and was waiting for Jesse to return, RG asked OCA if she had found a babysitter yet and she said, yes, her name was Zanny and she met her thru Jeff Hopkins

:waitasec:

I don't have the transcripts handy
But did RG say OCA told him the Full Name? ZFG..I don't remember that...but will go back and look thru the transcripts..

Just going off from my own recollection;
I remember him saying, along the lines of, in 2006 they were told by OCA that she lost her regular babysitter and the Grunds began to babysit Caylee.
After some time he/his family couldn't babysit Caylee for the amount of time they were during the weekdays (they were under the impression OCA was going to work at Universal) and OCA needed to find a babysitter for Caylee.
One day, after she came home from work and was waiting for Jesse to return, RG asked OCA if she had found a babysitter yet and she said, yes, her name was Zanny and she met her thru Jeff Hopkins

In the police interview, he said Zenaida Gonzales and Jeff Hopkins and Zachary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMf2PNo_rk&feature=plcp&context=C4d51006VDvjVQa1PpcFNsY7Fg6sV2OMDH_kEPrro0xzsla_3PlsA%3D
(Listen to the first minute of this video)

During RGs interview with Nancy Grace, he said "Zanny".
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/22/ng.01.html
GRACE: That is mom, Casey Anthony, in new recordings released of the police interrogation of Casey Anthony. She is referring to what many people believe to be an imaginary nanny named Zenaida Gonzalez.

Back to the father of Casey Anthony`s ex-fiance. Richard Grund is with us. Did you ever are know of this nanny, see her, talk to her, hear of her?

GRUND: I never saw her or spoke to her, but I did hear of her. I heard of her in April of `06, when Casey lost her regular baby-sitter. As I said, Jesse would watch her. I would watch her. She tried to get my high-school-age son to watch her, which meant I watched her because I have an office in my home.

Finally, one day when Casey came home from work to wait for Jesse and hang out with us, I kind of greeted her at the door with, What are we going to do about this baby-sitter thing? And she says, I found one. I have a nanny. Her name is Zanny, and I got her from Jeffrey Hopkins, who has a son named...

GRACE: But none of that is true. Jeffrey Hopkins says that`s not true.

So it is likely that some of this information is mixed up with the information he was learning about in the news. (JMO) What is interesting is that Jeff Hopkins was a figment of her imagination back then.

In the police interview, he said Zenaida Gonzales and Jeff Hopkins and Zachary.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InMf2PNo_rk&feature=plcp&context=C4d51006VDvjVQa1PpcFNsY7Fg6sV2OMDH_kEPrro0xzsla_3PlsA%3D
(Listen to the first minute of this video)

During RGs interview with Nancy Grace, he said "Zanny".
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0809/22/ng.01.html

So it is likely that some of this information is mixed up with the information he was learning about in the news. (JMO) What is interesting is that Jeff Hopkins was a figment of her imagination back then.

Thank you!!!!!

The LE interview came first..Sept 5, 2008..he says the name Zenaida Gonzalez in the NG interview he recounts it and says Zanny

Of course, I am not certain which name he was told back in 2006, Zanny or Zenazida Gonzalez.
Yet, if I remember correctly, according to her family and friends they never heard the name Zenaida Gonzalez or Zenaida Fernandez Gonzalez until July 2008..up until then OCA used the name Zanny.

BMM
yes, I agree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members