Tammi Smith - the Sentencing Phase

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-tammi-smith-cancels-jailhouse-interview.html

Missing Baby Gabriel case: Smith cancels jailhouse interview

by Laurie Merrill - Jul. 9, 2012 04:46 PM
The Republic | azcentral.com

Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman convicted of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in the case of missing Baby Gabriel, canceled a jailhouse interview set for Monday.

Smith, 40, was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail and three years probation.

On Sunday, three days after starting her term at Estrella jail, Smith signed a form with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office granting permission for a Monday press conference.

The local media assembled at the south Phoenix jail at the appointed hour when Smith decided against meeting with them.

"She agreed and has since declined," Maricopa County Sheriff's spokesman Chris Hegstrom told the media. "There was no reason given." ...

More at link.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/...-tammi-smith-cancels-jailhouse-interview.html

Missing Baby Gabriel case: Smith cancels jailhouse interview

by Laurie Merrill - Jul. 9, 2012 04:46 PM
The Republic | azcentral.com

Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman convicted of forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in the case of missing Baby Gabriel, canceled a jailhouse interview set for Monday.
Smith, 40, was sentenced Friday to 30 days in jail and three years probation.

On Sunday, three days after starting her term at Estrella jail, Smith signed a form with the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office granting permission for a Monday press conference.

The local media assembled at the south Phoenix jail at the appointed hour when Smith decided against meeting with them.

"She agreed and has since declined," Maricopa County Sheriff's spokesman Chris Hegstrom told the media. "There was no reason given." ...

More at link.

Well, that's odd. Didn't she tell the judge that the media ruined her life????

http://www.kpho.com/story/18985765/tammi-smith-backs-out-of-jailhouse-interview

Tammi Smith backs out of jailhouse interview

Posted: Jul 09, 2012
By Jason Barry

The drama continues surrounding Tammi Smith, the Scottsdale woman at the center of the missing baby Gabriel case.

Smith had agreed to a jailhouse interview Monday to talk about her conviction and first weekend behind bars.

However, shortly after TV crews arrived Smith called off the news conference....

...Now, Smith is telling people she wants to form a foundation to help young mothers with children...

..."I don't think she's qualified in any way to do anything like that," said Gabriel's father Logan McQueary. "I don't think that she should be anywhere around counseling or anything like that. I think she should be the one getting counseling."

more at link

Wow! Tammi Smith passed on a chance to talk, talk, talk?

Wow! Tammi Smith passed on a chance to talk, talk, talk?

I am finding it hard to believe myself!
I think she wanted to shower and look good
after her long weekend in jail.
Or she is holding out for a better deal.
It was not because she did not want to talk

Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

"The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.

Even though Tammi isn't serving her time in Tent City, it is my understanding that the Maricopa County jails have no air conditioning. Well, none for the humans, but the animals at Sheriff Joe's no-kill shelter have it.

"The shelter is air-conditioned and the cells have been reconditioned to comfortably house animals. Some critics have said that it's inhumane to put dogs and cats in air-conditioned quarters when inmates don't have air conditioning. A good answer came from one of the inmates assigned to care for the dogs. When asked if she was resentful about not having air conditioning, she gestured to some of the dogs and said, "They didn't do anything wrong. I did." "

http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/AZ98.html

Right this second, it is 104 degrees at 8:40 at night in Tempe. Tomorrow, the high is expected to hit 111-119. God bless our troops for serving overseas in such temperatures, but I can't imagine Tammi doing well in such harsh conditions.

Thank you for all the information.
That is one hot place!
I guess if the jail is not as hot as outside but It cannot be mild in there with all of the other people.
I hope it will wake her up a little.
I would really have a rough time!

Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.

Other than Tent City - Sheriff Joe has 5 jails currently in operation. 2 others closed - 1 for renovations. All have air conditioning - Tent City being the only exception. Jails are used for 2 purposes in Maricopa County. Prison over crowding is not one of these reasons.

Persons awaiting trial or sentencing are held in jails. Persons sentenced for 1 year or less {as a general rule} will serve their sentence in one of Sheriff Joe's jails. If sentenced - or awaiting trial a person can be bonded out of a jail - if not on an immigration hold. I do believe Sheriff Joe recently lost the ability to check the documented status of persons within his jails - another story altogether.

It looks as if Tammi has contacted a Bail Bonds Company. There is not much information available regarding the incarceration. Although it should be public record. Sheriff Joe even has had webcams in holding cells - intake areas - so the general public can view Friday / Saturday nights processing of individuals in custody.

Local AZ media reports have stated they had scheduled jailhouse interview with Tammi - but she backed out .

Whenever a reference is made to no A/C - Tent City is the only Maricopa County facility of this nature. All other jails are indoors and equipped with A/C.

Pink is Sheriff Joe trademark - so to speak. The inmates are transported in pink handcuffs. In custody - pink boxers are County issue. In Tent City the men can be seen wearing only the pink boxers. As temps reach 110 and beyond. Living outdoors for as long as a year. With only military tents as refuge from direct sun - but not heat. Sheriff Joe offers his pink boxers for purchase on one of the official MCSO websites.

Where was the information that she contacted a bail bondsman?
Could she have been contacting them about her bail before when
she was out on bond?
Why do you think she would need one now?
With this case you can never tell!

If Tammi did contact a bondsman, I suspect it would be to get her bond back that was paid to keep her out of jail back in 2010.

I still cannot find her new mugshot or any information for her in jail.
Has anyone else seen anything?

I still cannot find her new mugshot or any information for her in jail.
Has anyone else seen anything?

As I mentioned earlier, IIRC new prisoners are kept to themselves initially - for how long IDK. Since the judge ordered mental health treatment, IMO she would be receiving mental health evaluations, and it seems unlikely she'd be thrown out into the general population unless the outcome of those evaluations indicated that would be appropriate. No doubt it is intense, and very stressful, as she is used to being surrounded by people and is just coming off the drama of the trial and etc. Very difficult.

As I mentioned earlier, IIRC new prisoners are kept to themselves initially - for how long IDK. Since the judge ordered mental health treatment, IMO she would be receiving mental health evaluations, and it seems unlikely she'd be thrown out into the general population unless the outcome of those evaluations indicated that would be appropriate. No doubt it is intense, and very stressful, as she is used to being surrounded by people and is just coming off the drama of the trial and etc. Very difficult.

Thank yoou for that info.

Sure is taking quite awhile to examine her head!

:eek:kay::anguish::dunno:

So many personalities to choose from!

Hi ChickenPants, do you know if those mental health evaluations include allowing the prisoner to talk and talk and talk...
Maybe they're just not finished yet.

I little birdie stated earlier that Tammi would not be doing work release.
This in fact can be confirmed by another birdie close to the cage.
Altough no one can post private places the statement is 99.90 percent true
I want to thank the other birdie for giving us the heads up!
Now I feel there is more juctice than letting Tammi go home in the day time.
She will be by herself and out for an hour a day.

People in her private group do not take her group as private as she would like the members to .
How can thousands of "Friends" really be private!
She has so many little birdies in her group no need for music there.
Now that I am done talking in code.
Thanks everyone for all of the work you do getting the information on this case
I am so glad you go the extra mile to get to the truth. tweet, tweet!

Hi ChickenPants, do you know if those mental health evaluations include allowing the prisoner to talk and talk and talk...
Maybe they're just not finished yet.

I imagine the psych doctors assigned to the jails have heard and seen just about everything. I doubt they are allotting Tammi much time to talk and talk and talk....isolation is a real deal-breaker. But I'm sure they know what they are doing. IMO having Tammi in general population wouldn't be helpful to her as she depends on socialization, talking, validation of herself, etc. There's a better chance for her to process reality if she is by herself. Just MOO.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072012/m5326206.pdf

7/6/2012 SUSPENSION OF SENTENCE - PROBATION GRANTED

In Part...

Condition 19: Not have any contact with the victim(s) in any form, unless approved in writing by the APD.

Condition 21 - Abide by the special conditions of probation as noted on the attachment to the Uniform Conditions of Supervised Probation as follows: Mental Health.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant must submit to DNA testing for law
enforcement identification purposes ...

State counsel has requested that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children other than her own and that Defendant not be allowed to earn or otherwise make money as a result of her actions in this matter.

IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed...

more at link

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072012/m5326206.pdf

7/6/2012 SUSPENSION OF SENTENCE - PROBATION GRANTED

In Part...

Condition 19: Not have any contact with the victim(s) in any form, unless approved in writing by the APD.

Condition 21 - Abide by the special conditions of probation as noted on the attachment to the Uniform Conditions of Supervised Probation as follows: Mental Health.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that Defendant must submit to DNA testing for law
enforcement identification purposes ...

State counsel has requested that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children other than her own and that Defendant not be allowed to earn or otherwise make money as a result of her actions in this matter.

IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the State shall submit a brief setting forth the legal basis for any request that Defendant not be allowed to profit from these offenses. The Court will take no further action unless and until such motion is filed...

more at link

Thank you! You are awesome!!!

I love the fact that she cannot make money on her actions on this matter.
I wonder if jack will sell his story?

IT IS ORDERED denying the State's request that Defendant not be allowed to have contact with minor children

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back