SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Odd wording...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Snipped:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – It's been over a week since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone heard from Heather, was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date. Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.
Does "dropped her off at her house" mean Heather's house of her mother's house? Why would she call her roommate? Either she was at her house and her roommate was still out, or she was at her mothers and called her roommate from there. Very confusing.

So... Tuesday night/Wednesday early morning... Heather had been on a date

the man dropped her off at her house (condo?...apartment?)

Heather called her roomie at approx. 3:00 a.m. To tell her roomie what a great time she had on the date...

My questions:

Who was the person she was on a date with?

Had they known each other a while?.... Or was this a first date?

where did they go on the date?

Were there other people who saw her and the man on the date?

did anyone see her being dropped off at her home after the date?

is there any surveillance video "evidence" of Heather on this date and arriving home?

why was her car not at her home... If she was being driven by her date?

JMO

Odd wording...

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24273295/horry-county-police-investigating-missing-woman

Snipped:
HORRY COUNTY, SC (WMBF) – It's been over a week since anyone has heard from 20-year-old Heather Elvis. The last time anyone heard from Heather, was about 3 a.m. on Wednesday, December 18, after she went on a date. Her mother said her date dropped her off at her house. Heather called her roommate to tell her how she had a great time. That is the last time anyone will admit to talking to her.

I am glad you brought this up...

the wording "stuck out" to me, too...

LE may have someone in mind... And this someone may not be "admitting" to seeing her after 3:00 a.m....

Just some thoughts...

Right, so who did she go on a date with?

Good question, I wonder if the date is cooperating and has been cleared.
also noting the roommate not being home at 3am.

Does "dropped her off at her house" mean Heather's house of her mother's house? Why would she call her roommate? Either she was at her house and her roommate was still out, or she was at her mothers and called her roommate from there. Very confusing.

I have read (but this has not been verified by MSM) that Heather's roomie was out of town that night...

and... I, too, am wondering which house Heather was dropped off at...

We still do not know for certain what address she lives at with her roomie...

:waitasec:

not to be rude but can we please keep the topic on heather and not on Brittanee Drexel?

This is Heather's tread and I very much doubt Brittanee D.'s case and Heather's are related.

I really, really hope that heather's home has been searched thoroughly... From top to bottom...

and that all computer/phone/technology has been (or is being) searched inside and out!

Yet... We have heard no mention by LE that her home (wherever it is) has been cordoned off and searched thoroughly...

:banghead:

Thank you so much waltzingmatilda. How are ya? I should have realized that. I noticed people posting about the incident so thought I'd look at that aspect. I didn't even notice the date discrepancy. Thank you!

Side note- hope everyone had a nice holiday. Xox :heart:

OT
You are welcome, Jersey Girl. It's great reading you again. I am doing ok but haven't sleuthed much lately. My mother fell and broke her hip in Aug and she has dementia and my brother passed away Dec 16th after a long illness so I've been spending alot of time in AL these past months. There's no internet service there. I hope you are doing well and that you and all our fellow sleuths had a nice Holiday.

I thought of both Heather and Brittanee and their families all day yesterday.
:(

wm

I don't think so. A car parked their WITHOUT a boat trailer would, IMO, be automatically suspicious and probably reported. This is not a place to leave your car to walk anywhere- nothing in the area to walk to. It is also NOT very isolated- it is a public boat ramp with a small playground and picnic area and small wooden walkway on the river for fishing. There are houses all around it, in fact the playground is practically in the back yards of these houses. It would be very quiet in the middle of the night of course, but if somebody left a car there thinking it wouldn't be found for a while they would be very wrong.

Thank you nermal43. It looks like there's property near the ramp on Peachtree that looks like a place where old cars are junked or parked, I know I'm using the wrong choice of words but I can't place what the correct term is. Anyway, I'm wondering why her car wasn't parked there instead as her vehicle could have been hidden amongst those other vehicles instead of out in the open by the boat ramp.

What in the world was she doing out at 3:00 in the morning?

IMO, this is an abduction.

What in the world was she doing out at 3:00 in the morning?

IMO, this is an abduction.

3:00 am is IMVHO normal for a girl her age to be heading home after a date or a night out with friends. Clubs close around that time, & depending on where she went on her date they could have hit up breakfast immediately following. Heck, did she work the night she went missing? If so, maybe she finished work at 12 or 1, then went on the date. She could have gone to a midnight movie or a walk on the beach, idk just speculating. What did she do on her date, where was it, who was it with, what part of town did her date take place in, etc?

http://www.tiltedkilt.com/locations/myrtlebeach/

Quote:
HOURS:
Mon-Sun: 11am to 2am

Tilted Kilt Myrtle Beach
1317 Celebrity Circle
Myrtle Beach, SC 29577
843-712-2670

Thank you nermal43. It looks like there's property near the ramp on Peachtree that looks like a place where old cars are junked or parked, I know I'm using the wrong choice of words but I can't place what the correct term is. Anyway, I'm wondering why her car wasn't parked there instead as her vehicle could have been hidden amongst those other vehicles instead of out in the open by the boat ramp.

That's what I am wondering too-plenty of better places to leave a car if you don't want it found for a while. Maybe it was left there as a red herring? Whoever left it did it to throw off investigators? Either way it would be very helpful to know where she actually lives in relation to Peachtree!

I sure hope Luckylady (our new local poster that knows the family) will pop back on this thread and answer some of our questions!

:please:

not to be rude but can we please keep the topic on heather and not on Brittanee Drexel?

This is Heather's tread and I very much doubt Brittanee D.'s case and Heather's are related.

'iluvmua, I honor your opinion, but respectfully disagree. This is the third female to vanish in the Myrtle Beach, SC and surrounding area in the last 8 years' -, Britanee Drexel, Crystal Soles, and now 'Heather Elvis'.. The resemblance between Britanee & Heather should not be disregarded, imo.

Heather Elvis's story is spreading rapidly via internet social sites and other Forums. Awareness is the key in successful investigations of missing person's cases, imo. Internet social sites are very effective for spreading public awareness. The national MS Media/AP, etc., will pick up on the story from the internet once it goes viral.. The findheatherelvis facebook page picked up almost 1,000 likes overnight.
The more eyes looking for Heather Elvis, the better, imo...

Read Mickey Shunick's family statement concerning public awareness:
http://www1.katc.com/files/Shunick Anniversary 51613.pdf

Reward increased to $11,000 as search continues for Myrtle Beach woman..
http://www.wnct.com/story/24292418/11000-reward-offered-for-missing-myrtle-beach-woman

Her car was not at the boat landing near the play ground. It was at the old peachtree landing at a dead end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ashley Z86 - It appears that we are part time neighbors. I am only in MB a few weeks out of the year.My house is across from Whit River Drive, off of Intercoastal Way.

At the corner of River Oaks and Intercoastal is a place that rents out condos on a daily/weekly basis for vacations. I have friends that live in Water Way Villas and they have had horrible experiences with these vacationers.

Does anyone know if the condos on White River are rented out to vacationers? I am just wondering if there could have been a group staying there that was partying too hard or being extremely noisy and Heather confronted them. Or even that a group may have seen something, but have since left and do not realize what they saw

I really, really hope that heather's home has been searched thoroughly... From top to bottom...

and that all computer/phone/technology has been (or is being) searched inside and out!

Yet... We have heard no mention by LE that her home (wherever it is) has been cordoned off and searched thoroughly...

:banghead:

I can tell you I've not seen any police activity at the White River location and I drive by it twice a day at least. What I have seen is that they have a LOT of flyers up at the railroad tracks closer to 501 on River Oaks. They've even put orange cones in the middle of the road with flyers attached to poles in the cones. That is interesting to me because I haven't seen that many flyers at any other single point in the area. What I have seen is that they have these flyers over a pretty large area.

Ashley Z86 - It appears that we are part time neighbors. I am only in MB a few weeks out of the year.My house is across from Whit River Drive, off of Intercoastal Way.

At the corner of River Oaks and Intercoastal is a place that rents out condos on a daily/weekly basis for vacations. I have friends that live in Water Way Villas and they have had horrible experiences with these vacationers.

Does anyone know if the condos on White River are rented out to vacationers? I am just wondering if there could have been a group staying there that was partying too hard or being extremely noisy and Heather confronted them. Or even that a group may have seen something, but have since left and do not realize what they saw

Hello neighbor. I know that some in the area are rented out by the day/week I just don't know which. I do know that the River Landing Apartments which are right near your condo has a lot of drug activity and is bad news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member