Couple ask people to vote for whether they should abort their baby or not

curves

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
There are no words...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cide-U-S-couple-set-website-unborn-child.html

I am pro-choice but find this appalling. The baby is 17 weeks! There are often valid reasons for people terminating their pregnancies but this is just not one of them. I hope they don't treminate yet I fear for that child if it is born - what is it being born into? Can you imagine finding out your parents had asked for the public to vote on whether they should have you or not?

Wow, this is wrong on so many different levels! I believe people have a right to chose but this is abusing that right, IMO. In the last year or so, they have had two miscarraiges, haven't they heard of birth control? They clearly aren't ready to have a child, why isn't adoption an option? I hope that if they do decide to keep thier baby, they will consider giving him to someone who will actually want him.

Wow, this is wrong on so many different levels! I believe people have a right to chose but this is abusing that right, IMO. In the last year or so, they have had two miscarraiges, haven't they heard of birth control? They clearly aren't ready to have a child, why isn't adoption an option? I hope that if they do decide to keep thier baby, they will consider giving him to someone who will actually want him.

I completely agree - adoption if anything in this case. I think the fact that they have already had 2 prenancies this year makes it worse...they knew they were going to get / likely to get pregnant, yet now at 17 weeks they are wondering if they want the baby? So so wrong, in fact I can't believe this is legal, they should be charged with something.

This is one of the sickest things I have ever heard. I also am pro choice but to upload pictures of the ultra sound and have a public poll, unbelievable!!!! I can't believe there isn't some kind of law this would fall under.

If you have to ask a question like this, you should be sterilized.

While I must admit I questioned continuing my pregnancy (with the handsome little guy in my avi), I would NEVER make it a public decision! Also adding the first ultrasound made up my mind! He was perfectly beautiful with a beating heart and he is truly a blessing in our house!

No matter the reason, this baby deserves better parents.

This is so, so sad. I can't imagine being so lacking in morals that I feel this is a good topic to poll strangers about. Why? Why do they think so little of the life they have created?

They have nicknamed the baby "Wiggles." We know they don't have any sense, but do they have no shame? :(

While I must admit I questioned continuing my pregnancy (with the handsome little guy in my avi), I would NEVER make it a public decision! Also adding the first ultrasound made up my mind! He was perfectly beautiful with a beating heart and he is truly a blessing in our house!

No matter the reason, this baby deserves better parents.

He is adorable. I don't think that I've ever heard.......I should have had that abortion......

I don't know if this is for real, to prove a point or what.

I find it hard to believe after 2 miscarriages, u/s's, and even a nickname that this couple seriously wants to abort this baby.

This is an anti-abortion publicity stunt, imho.

This is an anti-abortion publicity stunt, imho.

Hi Marie, it appears that others have said that as well but the couple deny it:

They told U.S. website Gawker: 'We are taking this very seriously. It's definitely not a pro-life campaign, we believe in a woman's right to choose.

'It's kind of like Congress. They might vote for something, but the president has the final veto.

'If it's overwhelming one way or the other, that will carry a lot more weight.'

There are no words...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cide-U-S-couple-set-website-unborn-child.html

I am pro-choice but find this appalling. The baby is 17 weeks! There are often valid reasons for people terminating their pregnancies but this is just not one of them. I hope they don't treminate yet I fear for that child if it is born - what is it being born into? Can you imagine finding out your parents had asked for the public to vote on whether they should have you or not?

If they do go to term they should have the child taken and placed for adoption immediately. They are too stupid to be breeding.

I don't understand the outrage on the pro-choice side? if it's legal, and moral to do - who cares if they make it public? Seems a little hypocritical.

I don't believe them. People who make a website to ask for 'votes', and then post ultrasound pics & a choose a nickname for their fetus are not at all seriously considering abortion.

And no one (sane, imho) would seriously consider that the predominant opinion of anonymous people would carry "a lot more weight" (than what? themselves? their doctor? their family & friends?) when it comes to deciding wether or not to continue their pregnancy.

Hi Marie, it appears that others have said that as well but the couple deny it:

They told U.S. website Gawker: 'We are taking this very seriously. It's definitely not a pro-life campaign, we believe in a woman's right to choose.

'It's kind of like Congress. They might vote for something, but the president has the final veto.

'If it's overwhelming one way or the other, that will carry a lot more weight.'

I don't understand the outrage on the pro-choice side? if it's legal, and moral to do - who cares if they make it public? Seems a little hypocritical.

I'm pro choice. I don't care one way or the other. I've learned long ago that the world is full of stupid and it's best if they don't breed. Unfortunately, I don't have any control over who gets to breed and who doesn't.

(I think it's for publicity anyway)

There are no words...

You can buy everything including votes, but you can not buy brains. :innocent:

It is just a real waist what they are putting time and energy into.
I think the consciousness of that child should be their goal, The nurturing of the fetus,
I don’t know why the fetus has a selected them for its destiny. But that is another topic.
IT IS NO GAME they are morons :(
I think not everyone should be able to conceive. JMHO

Oh, so there they go spouting "we believe in a woman's right to choose", yet in the next breath ask US to choose for her. What kind of whack-job is this? And 17 weeks? She's into her 2nd trimester and should knock this carp off. I hope wherever this poll is, it's taken down immediately.

Prayers for this unborn child....

Mel

I am 100% pro choice and I think it trivializes a serious decision.
Just because it is legal and moral (in my view) doesn't mean that it should be taken with the same amount of concern and debate as what I should wear to the holiday office party this year.

Maybe they should flip a coin, or rent a lottery ball machine. Start an office pool, make a few bucks, have a few laughs.

Finding it offensive has nothing to do with my stand on abortion.

I am 100% pro choice and I think it trivializes a serious decision.
Just because it is legal and moral (in my view) doesn't mean that it should be taken with the same amount of concern and debate as what I should wear to the holiday office party this year.

Maybe they should flip a coin, or rent a lottery ball machine. Start an office pool, make a few bucks, have a few laughs.

Finding it offensive has nothing to do with my stand on abortion.

Why not?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back