GUILTY TX - Billy Joe Harris for rapes of elderly women in 6 counties, 2011

The article I read stated that the rapist was hitting in Central texas towns.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100118...5bl9tb3N0X3BvcHVsYXIEc2xrA3JhcGVzb2ZlbGRlcg--

Rapes of elderly women terrify central Texas towns

That's not entirely correct. The towns are east of San Antonio. Just wanted to set that straight. I lived in Texas for years and the towns listed are really not referred to as Central Texas.

One of my first thoughts, given that one woman plays the piano in her church, is that this guy could be frequenting churches looking for victims. It's especially chilling as one woman actually moved after her rape and got raped again!! This reminds me of the rapist in Phoenix who raped the young Sunday School teacher twice.

I'm just afraid that as these women arm themselves, someone innocent is going to get hurt...like a friend or relative trying to sneak in to put a goodie in the fridge.

I hope they catch this guy soon. The ladies in the area must be terrified.

It's shocking to hear my age of 55 being called elderly or too old to learn to use a gun. The neighbor thinks it's no coincidence that the victim in the retirement village was the only one with a job. Maybe the rapist sees some of the women out and about and follows them from church, job, or wherever but he definitely seems to be trolling for victims. Raping one victim again after she moved across town is terrifying. Hope they figure out how he's finding them and catch him soon.

It's shocking to hear my age of 55 being called elderly or too old to learn to use a gun. The neighbor thinks it's no coincidence that the victim in the retirement village was the only one with a job. Maybe the rapist sees some of the women out and about and follows them from church, job, or wherever but he definitely seems to be trolling for victims. Raping one victim again after she moved across town is terrifying. Hope they figure out how he's finding them and catch him soon.

The victims ranged in age from 65 to 91.

I must be cranky today guys, but this article irritated me to NO END. It made these women seem like frail doddering silly little fools who shouldnt be allowed to have chemical aids and weapons to defend themselves because of this monster who is stalking them....cause they are all fragile since they are over 50 you know.

WTH? GGRRRRRRRRR

OT but relevant-I worked in Minneapolis when there was a rapist murderer frequenting parking garages downtown. Our building held a self defense seminar and issued everyone, male and female alike, Mace on a key chain with a flashlight. I do not recall a sudden outbreak of people spraying each other in bars, or at home or in the malls....

Well, I guess that means that txsvicki and I can calm down about being referred to as elderly. I, too, am 55.

No matter the age of the women, the crime is disgusting. I hope that the greater coverage of this rapist's MO, brings in some tips.

Color me cranky as well.

Anyone who harms elderly women IMO is right up there with a pedophile. That makes my blood boil.

Society is judged by how we treat our children, elderly and our animals. What's that say about us? I can't even fathom what these poor women have gone through. I hope this dude gets the top of his head blown off. I know it's an awful thing to say, but one foot in the door and it's all legal.

I know it's wrong to say that. I know an innocent person can be harmed, but come on these women have lived a lifetime and for what? To be assaulted? BTW, my mom is 72. License to carry. We were all taught gun safety. Someone comes through that door she knows exactly what step to sit on to kill. Come through her skylight forget about it. Even sick as she's been she's made it to the range.

Bless these poor ladies and may they catch this guy or like I said catch him in his dome.

From the Fox article:

The victims have all been women, ranging in age from 65 to 91. One rape victim played piano at her church on Sundays. An 81-year-old woman scared off an intruder with a gun, firing several rounds for good measure. A 66-year-old woman was attacked twice, despite having moved across town following the first assault.

The attacks occurred in seven rural towns, the largest of which has 6,000 residents.

Two women were attacked — one of them twice — in Yoakum, a quiet town surrounded by wide-open ranches about 100 miles east of San Antonio.

I think the rapist lives or works in Yoakum because he raped a woman and then found her after she moved across town and raped her again.

I can't help but thing there are many other rapes that have not been reported. I hope he is caught soon before there are any other victims!
Have they ever collected any dna? If they have then IMO every adult male in these towns should be tested.

VB

My boyfriend is Mr. Mossberg. I would love to share him with women, so they could defend themselves. I intend to do so, but unfortunately, do not live in TX. In CA, I will probably be jailed for it. GO TX!

This perp is attacking low risk victims, in low risk environments. What a coward. The fact that he is cutting phone lines, and unscrewing porch lights, means he is planning these assaults to the nth degree.

The biggest "clue" is going to come from the woman who moved and yet was raped twice.
What about her made him return for a 2nd attack?
-Was it her demeanor??
-Was it the possibility that she had money / valuables in her home?
-How did he know she moved?
-Perhaps she was one of the "attempted rapes" and he returned to finish the assault?

The fact that this creep knew she moved and knew her new location is valuable info.
-Is he employed by the city? Knew when her utilities were turned off/on?
-Maybe he lives in the neighborhood and simply observed her moving and followed her to the new locale?

No DNA in the Texas data base brings me to the conclusion that he probably has a record w/ other types of assault but has yet to commit a felony that would require his DNA being submitted. He may have been arrested for a similar offense yet, "pled down" and therefore his DNA had never been submitted.

I hope LE catches this creep quickly. God Bless the women who will have heal from his atrocities.

Authorities say the attacks appear to have been planned — phone lines were cut and porch lights were unscrewed outside some of the victims' homes. All the victims lived alone, and one had more than $10,000 stolen.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583256,00.html

let's think about this-mailman, cable guy, utilities employee??

My boyfriend is Mr. Mossberg. I would love to share him with women, so they could defend themselves. I intend to do so, but unfortunately, do not live in TX. In CA, I will probably be jailed for it. GO TX!

We must be dating the same guy. Mine name Mr mossberg 12gage pump. Sometime I cheat on him Mr. 357 mag. That when I am home it easier to take mr. 380 out on the town.

I also know a 80 year old woman that live in a small that answers the door with a shot gun. Her son says she still can and will shoot.

I lived in a small Texas town for 14 years--population 1,000. It's true, there is an assumption of safety. People still leave their doors unlocked and their car keys under the seat, or in the ignition. There's also the element of everyone knowing everyone's business. Nothing goes unnoticed, typically. Heck, you even know if the neighbor lady bleaches the family underwear!!

That's why I agree that this guy must be hiding in plain sight. It's just not typical for a Texas neighbor to let it slide that some guy is lurking around Ms. Brown's house down the street. Trust me, someone would go check it out and I wouldn't be surprised if they brought one of the "friends" mentioned above.

The thing I can't figure out is, if this man is a meter reader, postal carrier, neighbor's son, etc.; why can't the women identify him? Any new service person would be given great scrutiny until they were accepted into the fabric of the community. If the guy is someone on the periphery at church or the local grocery store, why can't the women identify him? One woman shot at him..she must have gotten a decent look at him.

I have a feeling that, while the article doesn't go into detail, he must blindfold or attack the women from behind (yikes, that's scary).

I hope everyone is these towns is extra careful as I sure don't want to read that some poor woman mowed down her neighbor's boy who was setting her newspaper on the porch.

I've been keeping an eye on these rape stories for a while....I thought I'd started a thread, but guess that's all I did was think about doing it.

NEhoo, it's really scary because this creepy perv is covering a lot of ground, central to south texas -- they think he's been in Bell County, north of Austin, just up the road from me. :eek:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/79225272.html

here's a pic of a clock he stole - they were hoping to get leads from it

http://www.kwtx.com/salado/headlines/80637547.html

here's a good map of TX counties so you can see he's moving around

http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/maps/texas_map.html

I hope they have a geographic profiler working on this case!!

This is why I think he might be connected because of cable, mail or utilities. There is a certain freedom and absolutely the ability to stalk people...JMO.

We also need to think about a guy who can move around at dawn without causing suspicion in those who know him....

We also need to think about a guy who can move around at dawn without causing suspicion in those who know him....

One article had said the rapist may not be in a 'romantic relationship' w/ someone his own age....maybe he's not in *any* relationship & that's why nobody notices...goodness knows tho there's been serial rapists who bring their 'trophies' home to their wife/girlfriend.

Newspaper delivery guys are out & about in wee hours & near dawn, but I can't see one having a such a big area to deliver to.

I'm wondering if this is unemployed or self-employed...he wouldn't have to answer to anybody necessarily.

Texas Mist--For heaven's sake, be careful!!

A newspaper delivery guy was what I was thinking too. That doesn't mean he's actually doing it, though. He could just act as if he is. They typically drop off papers starting at 4 am or so.

Has anyone seen mention of dogs barking or alerting or even trying to protect? I've noticed with my own "pack" that they rarely bark at the newspaper guy. I guess they think he's boring. If someone was using that guise, they'd know the routine and not raise suspicions.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back