17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trayvon's dad was just on CNN with Suzanne Malveaux and simply stated it all. "If Mr. Zimmerman had just stayed in his car at the direction of the dispatcher, none of us would be here. We didn't want this, we didn't want the publicity, we want people to continue peacefully protest, we don't want violence". Classy parents, JMO
Wow Tracy Martin has so much class!!! God Bless that man....I am with him in pursuit of justice for Trayvon!!!!!!!!!!! IMHO JMHO and all that

But Trayvon didn't walk home - he was found dead near where GZ last saw him take off running. Why was he still in that area? It was raining so hard the life flight helicopters wouldn't come into the area - I don't understand why he didn't just go home and get out of the rain and away from a stranger he was mutually "staring" at. I can only imagine he was watching GZ, waiting for him to get off his phone to confront him. <modsnip>

Maybe he waited to see if his suspicion was correct and GZ was following him. And once he saw GZ, his suspicion was confirmed and he felt threatened.

Pure speculation and JMO, OMO, and :moo:

Is this Trayvon's legacy ? This needs to stop. TM wasn't killed because he was black.

am I am very afraid this is going to get a whole lot worse.
I was listening to Bubba the Love Sponge this am and he had on Michelle Williams and was asking her if she regretting saying anything in her call the other day, and she said "sorry guys"....I don't think this show from this am is posted yet but you can google her unbelievable....it was filled with "we need to be suited, booted and armed" and calling all her soldiers.....also asking for the bounty and GZ to be brought in dead or alive......scary indeed (much worse stuff was said though)

there are just enough crazies out there.....

Just curious here, but I see so much posting about how GZ did nothing wrong in following TM and how GZ had every right to follow TM and how it didn't warrant being attacked by TM, BUT, why is TM not afforded the same rights? He had the right to walk around without someone tailing him. He had the right to quicken his pace when a total stranger started to follow him. And, he had the right to defend himself if and when said stranger meets up with him and begins to question him and make him feel unsafe and threatened. Even IF TM were peeking in windows and sneaking about, he was no threat to GZ while GZ was safely in his car on the phone with 911. The threat came when a man with a loaded gun got out of his vehicle and announced to the 911 operator that "these as$h0le$ always get away" and then proceded to follow said as$h0le until he caught up with him. IMO, GZ had no right to do that. If he got his clock cleaned by TM, it was not because TM was doing something wrong, but because he was Standing His Ground! MOO

I agree, which leads me to question, if GZ really had been on his way to Target (as GZ's brother claims) and not patrolling that night, why did he need to take his gun to the store? :confused:

I would ask the same question...Since Ido not like guns. I did ask it.
Was told that those who carry cary all the time / most of the time.
I do not get it... To me it is insane to carry.

I can tell you that this I do know:
I have some family who are deplomates, they do not carry.
but own one... I imagine there are specific times they do carry.
IMHO - that is the making of a responsible human being.
but that is not the case NATIONWIDE.
When I was in Texas, those folks carry all the time. :waitasec:

But Trayvon didn't walk home - he was found dead near where GZ last saw him take off running. Why was he still in that area? It was raining so hard the life flight helicopters wouldn't come into the area - I don't understand why he didn't just go home and get out of the rain and away from a stranger he was mutually "staring" at. I can only imagine he was watching GZ, waiting for him to get off his phone to confront him. <modsnip>

BBM

Because it's hard to walk home when you're dead? I'm not really sure what you're getting at here.

<modsnip>

This recording is not slowed or anything and you can hear Zimmerman slur two words plane as day, bessssssss for best at 5 seconds into the call and then trushk for truck 3:19. At 2:53 he tells the dispatcher his phone number then one minute later at 3:53 he forgets he already told the dispatcher his phone number. IMO all signs of drinking and should have been tested.

Trayvon Martin News [SHOCKING FULL] Murder Caught on Tape | Killed By George Zimmerman 911 Call # 1 - YouTube

Thank you Dr.Fessel! Do you or anyone have the voice message GZ left for his friend for comparison? Glad others noticed it too and it wasn't just me.

moo

wm

Trayvon's dad was just on CNN with Suzanne Malveaux and simply stated it all. "If Mr. Zimmerman had just stayed in his car at the direction of the dispatcher, none of us would be here. We didn't want this, we didn't want the publicity, we want people to continue peacefully protest, we don't want violence". Classy parents, JMO

then I think they need to specifically address this issue.

BBM
I still don’t get it, unless someone is in the line of duty... Where are they going with a gun?
Where do these people live? That they need a gun?

OK in the woods you may encounter some strange animal on 2 or 4 legs.
But those who are not living in the woods where are they going with a gun?

Me think some have a Napoleon complex, makes them feel something, whatever it is... ;)

They have a right to carry a gun so I don't think that is an issue but to say it's not my fault because I shot someone when you caused the incident in the first place by getting out of your car???? Then following someone who was just walking home from the store because you made the decision this person looked suspicious??? That puts you and you alone in the position of control. That position of control and because you are armed means you are the one responsible for your actions. Someone who does not know who you are but that you are following them. Someone who does not know what you want but may assume it's money, your phone, etc. because you are following them. Someone who does not know you have a gun is not in control. The person following. The person with the gun is in charge and needs to act in a responsible manner. GZ was advised by LE what was the responsible manner in which he was expected to comply and that was stay with your car and wait for LE. It's a standard request by LE. All LEOs know this is standard to request you wait and not follow. GZ knew very well what he was being asked to do because he had prior knowledge and acknowledge that by saying "okay" and in other words....I understand what I'm suppose to do. By following he took TM's control over his own fate away from him. We do not know what happened but the facts are coming out and it's getting clearer and clearer what may have happened. jmo

The police reports mention 2831 Retreat View Circle and 1231 Twin Trees Lane. If you look at the Seminole County Property Appriaser's map of the plat for The Retreat at Twin Lakes, those two properties share a corner:

http://www.woodswell.com/images/Trayvon/body-addresses.jpg

The image is from a screen shot of the Seminole County Property Appraiser map of the subdivision. The red highlight of the two properties were added by me.

169 = 1231 Twin Trees Land
141 = 2831 Retreat View Circle.

In the image, the buildings are shown as separated but 167-171 are conjoined and 138-143 are conjoined.

I get the impression the body was found pretty much in the center of the area between the two rows of townhouses.

I don't know how to post pictures so they show up in my messages - maybe it's because they are not on a picture sharing site but are on my own website. If you want to copy and repost any of my images, you may.

IMO, JMO, etc.

Yep I have all of this. I'm at my office right now, but when I get home I've got an image already done that has that portion of the incident report narrative layered at the top and also I show there is a considerable overlap of what the SPD vs SFD info says.

Even though it's hard to imagine why, it looks like I've got to go with fire and rescue vs what Tracy Martin said.

Maybe he waited to see if his suspicion was correct and GZ was following him. And once he saw GZ, his suspicion was confirmed and he felt threatened.

Pure speculation and JMO, OMO, and :moo:

He either felt threatened or he felt..."I am going to show him"
We really do not know.

When I was a teen ager I thought I was immortal - I think we all did.

then I think they need to specifically address this issue.

I think these parents have many, many times....some just are not listening, which seems to be the problem GZ had that night when he was asked to stay with the car. jmo

Attorney: Zimmerman defense fund website is real
By MIKE SCHNEIDER, AP
23 minutes ago

ORLANDO, Fla. — An attorney for George Zimmerman on Tuesday confirmed the authenticity of a new website that allows supporters to donate money for the neighborhood watch volunteer who has admitted to fatally shooting an unarmed black teen in Florida.

All the money raised from the site, , will go to Zimmerman, said attorney Craig Sonner.

Zimmerman is at the center of an investigation over the shooting of Trayvon Martin, 17. Zimmerman says he shot Martin in self-defense after following him in a gated community in Sanford on Feb. 26...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20120410/US.Neighborhood.Watch.Zimmerman.Website/

Yep I have all of this. I'm at my office right now, but when I get home I've got an image already done that has that portion of the incident report narrative layered at the top and also I show there is a considerable overlap of what the SPD vs SFD info says.

Even though it's hard to imagine why, it looks like I've got to go with fire and rescue vs what Tracy Martin said.

You may be doing a better job then the police did :)

I think these parents have many, many times....some just are not listening, which seems to be the problem GZ had that night when he was asked to stay with the car. jmo

have they asked for the bounty to be called off? I hadn't seen or heard that??

Absolutely......Poor Tracy can only go by what he was told. Is it me or when you view that video with BG and they are standing near what appears to be the cut through path that they are viewing the wrong side of the pavement?? Wasn't TM's body found behind the house from the Retreat View side???? jmo

people can put the racism or not thing to rest very easily :)

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/

I dont recall if the demo or another test is the racism one but you cant fake this test. if you have subconscious racism you'll quickly find out.

(my results about two years ago were a slight automatic preference for blacks over whites, I have no reason to think that's changed :D)

eta yes the racism one is one you dont have to sign up for

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/selectatest.html

Thanks for that link! My results - "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American."

I didn't expect that since I am white from a background that I would have expected taught me a bias even if unconscious. That I do not have a bias makes me proud.

Was GZ taking classes in criminal justice at one of the local colleges at the time of the incident? Wonder if anyone connected to SPD taught there??
Chief Lee of the Sanford Police Department taught at the same college until ten months or so ago. He was also assistant dean of the public safety department, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni