Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #18 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
has this been linked? http://www.nbcbayarea.com/on-air/as...cia-Torres-Talks-to-Raj-Mathai-154220595.html

Another Possible Victim of Sierra LaMar's Accused Killer Speaks

"I sensed someone walking behind me," she said. "So I started walking faster. So did he."

This all happened at the Morgan Hill Safeway, the same store where Garcia-Torres used to work, and where he was arrested on May 21st.

"It was 11:00 p.m. at night," she recalled. "Thank God I was able to get inside my car, but then I looked up and saw him, staring right at me through the window. He had a very smug look, and those pursed lips. I'll never forget it."

It does sound scary but I'm not sure how her testimony could be used to bolster the case against AGT. Did he actually do anything illegal?

Looking at it as a defence lawyer might, I just can't see how it helps the prosecution. For one thing, to me the sketch looks nothing like AGT. The nostrils are wider in the sketch, the nose length in relationship to the length of the face is shorter than AGT's nose, the face in the sketch is round where AGT's face is more rectangular (even without the goatee), the jawlines differ and the lips in the sketch are narrower where AGT's lips are much fuller.

For another, what actually happened? They were in a public place, walking in the same direction. AGT was behind the witness. She sped up and says that he sped up but did she actually look at him to see?

Clearly he wasn't all that close to her because she was able to get into her car and lock the door before he got close to her car.

He stared at her but last time I looked, it isn't a crime to stare at someone in a public place.

I do believe she was terrified and that, if it was AGT, I think he had bad intentions. But people aren't charged for having bad thoughts unless they actually take some action related to those thoughts. I'm not sure that the behaviour of the man as described by the witness rises to the level of actual criminal behaviour.

I hope that the reporters and witness are mistaken and that her testimony is not being regarded by the prosecutor as important to the case. Because if it is considered important, boy, that case must be as flimsy as wet tissue paper.

If there was any chance that Sierra is alive where would she be?

Was she sold? Is she being kept somewhere? Has she run away? Is there someone else involved?

None of these seem plausible because LE have charged him with murder and kidnapping. So they believe she is deceased. They followed him for all that time hoping he would lead them to Sierra.

He wasn't arrested for questioning - he was charged, so they must have more evidence to back this up.

I find it a bit strange that they picked him up when they did because they were worried he may be a danger to someone else. For him to know the police were following him, and for him to do this, well he would have to be absolutely brain dead.

Some of the places they are searching indicate they are looking for a deceased person, in the ponds etc.

I didn't mean for this to be negative, just thinking if there is any possible way with what we know, that would indicate her being alive.

If the police thought she was alive, surely they would just have charged him with kidnapping.

This is frustrating and just thinking out loud.

The "was she sold" question nags at me everyday, but I have no answer.

I don't think there's any chance she's alive tbh. I just wish they'd find her body so she can be given a proper burial and so that it would cement the evidence against this even more.

Eta- This doesn't strike me as a case where she would have got sold. Antolin stalks these poor girls for the thrill imo, not because he wants to sell them.

I don't know much about the sex trade but I am guessing that a guy who lives with his mother in a trailer with his wife and child ... how would he have those kind of connections? I am assuming his roots are too deep into the community that living in a trailer could be a front. Surely if you are directly involved you have more resources than a trailer suggests. So he would have to be an outsider and would outsiders even know where/how to sell a girl?? And if he did, surely he would have some signs of having come into some money that LE would have noticed?

it reminds me of when i would read theories about shawn adkins running a child *advertiser censored* ring because of the amount of images found ... a guy who doesn't even seem to own his own computer or have lived in a home not of his mother or gf, is not running or involved in any high tech child *advertiser censored* ring.

Her undergarmets and clothing were in the Bag. He had to dispose of her naked. At this point in time, without clothes, the body is completely skeletonized. I think he went to Uvas and took a hiking trail and thrown her off the steep banks that are all along that trail. If he did this, her body/bones would be very difficult to find w/o markers. Chandra Levy was left this way but her clothes were there and made it easier to know who it was even after a full year.

Since he mentioned Uvas to his mother, he is familiar with the park.

Wow. I wish I was a psychiatrist. There is so much symbolism in that. Lots of phallic symbols. jmo

Ya know this guy reminds me of a male casey anthony. He has the same smug look on his face. follows a pattern and for some strange reason, I see his drawings eerily similar. He is giving me a sense that he is also a creature comfort type. and may have taken her where is very familiar. Where is he most comfortable? His friends say he likes to go fishing. Since he mentined Uvas and his mother says he went there, he just may have been there that day. He is that smug. It is possilbe that he didn't put her in the water that day.

Uvas Canyon Park sits halfway between his home and Sierra's. He could drive there from Santa Teresa Road and exit at Willow Springs. It is about 10 miles from there. Coming home is even shorter for Garcia as he takes Uvas Rd back and it brings him straight home.

Look at some of these trails!

http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/uvas.html

I keep reading that he worked for a contractor in Sierra's neighborhood and he used to pass the bus stop on his way to work. Anybody track that story down?

I don't know much about the sex trade but I am guessing that a guy who lives with his mother in a trailer with his wife and child ... how would he have those kind of connections? I am assuming his roots are too deep into the community that living in a trailer could be a front. Surely if you are directly involved you have more resources than a trailer suggests. So he would have to be an outsider and would outsiders even know where/how to sell a girl?? And if he did, surely he would have some signs of having come into some money that LE would have noticed?

it reminds me of when i would read theories about shawn adkins running a child *advertiser censored* ring because of the amount of images found ... a guy who doesn't even seem to own his own computer or have lived in a home not of his mother or gf, is not running or involved in any high tech child *advertiser censored* ring.

That's what I thought.

What is also strange is I get the impression he is really dumb. Don't know why I think that, because I know nothing about him and he hasn't even spoken.

Her undergarmets and clothing were in the Bag. He had to dispose of her naked. At this point in time, without clothes, the body is completely skeletonized. I think he went to Uvas and took a hiking trail and thrown her off the steep banks that are all along that trail. If he did this, her body/bones would be very difficult to find w/o markers. Chandra Levy was left this way but her clothes were there and made it easier to know who it was even after a full year.

Since he mentioned Uvas to his mother, he is familiar with the park.

This is so plausible IMO Whisperer....as his mother told reporters he was fishing at Uvas that Friday, this to me is where he left her. Just a matter of finding her now, for some reason I don't think she's in the water, I think it's possible she's been put somewhere in those hiking trails.

As for the poster who says they think he's dumb....he is, that's why thank God we know about his DNA found in Sierra's bag, as he was dumb enough to leave it where he did....so it's a good thing that he's not some scholastic genius.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Uvas Canyon Park sits halfway between his home and Sierra's. He could drive there from Santa Teresa Road and exit at Willow Springs. It is about 10 miles from there. Coming home is even shorter for Garcia as he takes Uvas Rd back and it brings him straight home.

Look at some of these trails!

http://www.bahiker.com/southbayhikes/uvas.html

Thanks for posting the link. I can totally see this. When I lived in southern Cal, I'd hike at a place called "Wildwood." This is very similar. What strikes me is how the link says the park gets "light to moderate" trail traffic and that "many visitors go no further than the Waterfall Loop." IMO, there's a good chance that a body wouldn't be easily stumbled upon there.

What a beautiful place for something so terrible to have happened, though ...

has this been linked? http://www.nbcbayarea.com/on-air/as...cia-Torres-Talks-to-Raj-Mathai-154220595.html

Another Possible Victim of Sierra LaMar's Accused Killer Speaks

"I sensed someone walking behind me," she said. "So I started walking faster. So did he."

This all happened at the Morgan Hill Safeway, the same store where Garcia-Torres used to work, and where he was arrested on May 21st.

"It was 11:00 p.m. at night," she recalled. "Thank God I was able to get inside my car, but then I looked up and saw him, staring right at me through the window. He had a very smug look, and those pursed lips. I'll never forget it."
I am hoping that since his arrest some of these tips that come in are calls from women that he has attacked. I can't imagine that from 2009 until SL, he has not done something. There were three attacks at Safeway within a week. One of which they have evidence to prove it is him. I feel confident that he committed all three.
Even though they only have evidence from one, the other victims statements will help.

I am also very confident LE has much more than what we know on him. The article posted up thread stated they are searching Uvas for other reasons than his mother just stating that he went fishing there. I am hoping that they have surveilance or cell pings that lead them in that direction on and around that day.

There has to be a reason they think she is in the water. Early on did they comb that area with cadaver dogs? We don't know the answer to this but it would make sense for them to have done this. I know nothing about cadaver dogs, can someone tell me how long after a person is deceased in the elements can a dog pick up a scent and how far away from the body can they detect it?

I too beleive he is a creature of habit and would have left her somewhere he is familiar with. Hopefully they have some good guides that are also very familiar with that area.

For over two months now, they have been combing the area looking for Sierra. They are not only looking for her body, but any sign or piece of evidence that will lead them closer in the direction to finding her. They are not going to just say look for a body or look for a shoe. This would paint a mental picture in the searchers heads and other important items may be overlooked.

At this point, sadly, I don't at all beleive that there is any human trafficking scenerio or anything else to indicate she is alive. By now, they have investigated and ruled out AGT's associates. This is why they are convinced he acted alone.

It is very difficult for loved ones to accept that she is deceased. This is normal in many circumstances even when they do find a body but are not able to see the person due to the condition. This is so very painful for family and friends and I would be the same way, holding out and not giving up on my daughter even if the chances were slim to none.

I am trusting LE has way more than what we know. I doubt that MK or the family has been given every bit of information. LE stated that combined with evidence they had received back from forensics on the car and their concern for him hurting someone else they made the choice to arrest him. They didn't want to risk the chance of someone, including a member of his family getting hurt. I can only imagine over the last two months, watching him, that they learned and observed a lot. It's surprising that LE has any hair or fingernails left. I have a feeling it was driving them crazy not being able to make an arrest earlier and get this guy off the streets.

IMO, when AGT was in court he hung his head low out of shame. Not shame for what he had done to his victims but he couldn't face his family, especially his mother. He was the "good" son. If anyone can get him to talk, it will be her.

JMO, jmo......

I hear what you are saying but in this particular case, I'm starting to wonder what LE is doing. I live in the bay area and I really feel Morgan Hill PD are just not equipped for this type of case. I feel that they are not as experienced with this type of crime and they might be jumping the gun.

Like I've said a billion times, from what I have read and seen they don't have much of a case. They have clearly stated there is NO BLOOD EVIDENCE and NO MURDER WEAPON, CRIME SCENE or CAUSE OF DEATH DETERMINED. That leaves them with only minimal things they could have to prove that AGT was even with Sierra. Things like Mitocondrial DNA and Skin cells, which we all know don't usually hold up well when there is NO BODY and multiple ways in which those things could have gotten where they are.

AGT's supposed cousin on twitter has already been spilling out AGT's defense by saying he found Sierras purse and took something from it and put it in his car, and that is how her DNA and his skin cells got where they are. I am afraid that he may really be using this as his defense and if skin cells is all the DNA they have.. well thats not looking to solid to me.This is just my opinion though and LE may have a video or something more concrete. I do know they also said they have DIRECT EVIDENCE as well as circumstancial and Direct Evidence is usually eye witnesses and video footage etc. things that CANNOT be refuted.

Only time will tell, I suppose.

I'm pretty positive "skin cells" weren't really mentioned by LE, just "assumed" to be, by media....
There COULD be semen, his hair, prints, etc. I DOUBT his relatives have this info, and are picking it up from the media and running with it.

ALSO...this "theory" HAS been discussed on here, AND, we KNOW the family, friends, etc ARE reading on here, because of the Tweets calling certain people out on here because of their posts.

Honestly, I don't know what we can do about this, certainly, as in the Casey Anthony case, we KNEW the Defense was reading on here...we heard as much, IIRC.

I don't want ANY of our "theory's" to become AGT's defense...we don't want a killer to be set free...AND, most importantly, us pointing out "other" scenarios...what to do, what to do???

This was probably mentioned in earlier posts, maybe just worth repeating, and I'm NOT being snarky, just wondering if we can do anything??
Probably not, I know.

All just IMO...oh, and I'll "assume" my posts aren't good enough to get a shout out on that particular Twitter account... :(....LOL

http://cupertino.patch.com/articles/lamar-murder-suspect-didnt-seem-concerned-1400669c

“He thought it was all a confusion, that’s how he would kind of bring it out. What he was saying was, 'I hope when all this is over I can go back to getting my job' and this and that.”

Why couldn't he "go back to getting his job"? This makes no sense. What job couldn't he "get" while he was "secretly" being watched.

"It isn't too uncommon to read about murder suspects acting unconcerned."

^Psychopath, sociopath^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members