NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure.

Brought from last thread as per SherlockHomey

"Back from the HIckory house and my coworker was so kind to come with me. Met PunkNLuv and Hubby there with the little one.

I did not go around to the front of the house because it seemed most of the action that could be seen was in the backyard. FBI is on the scene now and are helping dig or sift through the mulch piles. The backhoe or bulldozer (?) would pick up a scoop and place it for the workers to rake through. They parked the backhoe right in the view of them raking so we could only see bits and snips.

I did stand beside the PD crime scene guy and spoke with him a bit. He was very nice and cooperative but of course couldn't give any information. I did ask him general questions such as was a dog out there. He said yes but they already left. Since I was at one point considering training my beloved St Bernard for cadaver search, I asked him about the dogs and where did the dog and handler come from, if they were from this area because I do know they have a K9 unit on the PD.

He told me this county does not have a cadaver dog and they have to rely on other counties or someone else to provide them. The K9 units on our local PD are for drugs and protection. I thought that was interesting and I asked him if they really had a need for these sort of dogs. He told me that they probably do but you don't really want to have much of a need for them (searching for bodies).

I asked him how they were holding up and they were doing a fantastic job. He did say they were working extremely long hours and they are all very close to the case now and "emotionally attached". He said no one has complained once about the long work days at all.

As we were speaking, the workers stopped raking, he got his camera out of the truck to go to the pile to take photos and also got a small clear plastic bag. He took photos, came back to the truck, placed the small clear bag into the brown manila envelopes you saw in the other photos last night. He sealed it with tape, wrote in a log book (?), labeled the envelope and placed it into a plastic USPS tote.

My big camera died as he was doing this but luckily I keep a small handheld camera in my car so the other photos are not as good when taken with this camera. I then had to get back to work but not before running by my house and hubby running my battery charger out to me as I flew into the drive. Now camera is charging and I am back at work giving you guys updates.

Photos are still uploading. Link to come when they are finished. "

BBM
I was going off that statement. Nothing confirmed by MSM yet, though...

Carried over from the last thread:

RL = Real Life :) ('RL' has also been added to the websleuths lingo sticky thread)

I want to make mention, the majority of the mods are busy with RL this week... so unfortunately RL has caught up with all of us at the same time limiting our availability to be here as much as we would like.

ANYONE can open or start a new thread! If you see a new thread needs to be opened and a mod is not immediately available, please go ahead and open one, and then alert us/the mods so we can lock the old one. When opening PLEASE add a NEW THREAD OPENED in giant letters at the end of the old thread.

It would very very much help us out when we just happened to have these times when unfortunately all of us are busy - doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

thanks!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9577"]Terms of Service & JBR Forum Rules - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Best run down of TOS and rules posted by Tricia. Very good read. JFYI.

Wow, just wow, that means LE clearly thinks Zahra's body is at that location. They are searching everywhere for her.

OMG...I can't imagine being so evil as to kill & child but it's even worse if they buried her own their own property! I know we have no evidence of that but it still appalls me. :furious:

OMG have to go--Sherlock and Punk thank you SO MUCH for what you are doing (and thank Mr. Sherlock and Mr. Punk too!). Will keep Zahra in my heart and look forward to catching up on everyone's great sleuthing later tonight! :blowkiss: and one for Zahra :blowkiss:

ABSOLUTELY! Y'all just :rocker: ROCK for taking the time to do all of this! We can't think you enough for the pics and excellent first hand commentary and info. :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:...Mr & Ms Sherlock..Mr & Ms PunknLuv!...

Zahra has touched our hearts like no other. I just pray justice for her will be soon, swift and severe...Nothing will EVER bring her back but hopefully she is finally at peace..:(

Slightly O/T, but it always amazes me just how polite and long suffering most LE and CSI people are to the media and general public. When you remember that they are working long hours under tense conditions for terrible reasons, the urge to yell must be hard to control.

I have many LE in the family and stories of the answers they WANTED to give to silly/obvious questions are hilarious.

Best wishes to all the forces working so hard to find Zahra. They are all quiet heros. I wish them 'Good hunting!' (as we say in our family)

Absolutely. They are very polite and I hope he didn't mind me asking questions. I am sure some were stupid but they weren't stupid to me and it meant a lot for him to take his time and answer them. I hope it was a break in his emotionally draining day.

OMG...I can't imagine being so evil as to kill & child but it's even worse if they buried her own their own property! I know we have no evidence of that but it still appalls me. :furious:

OT but I LOVE your icon. Happy bunny is my hero! :blushing:

I'm going to go pray for LE in to give them strength and to find Zahra! BRB

Slightly O/T, but it always amazes me just how polite and long suffering most LE and CSI people are to the media and general public. When you remember that they are working long hours under tense conditions for terrible reasons, the urge to yell must be hard to control.

I have many LE in the family and stories of the answers they WANTED to give to silly/obvious questions are hilarious.

Best wishes to all the forces working so hard to find Zahra. They are all quiet heros. I wish them 'Good hunting!' (as we say in our family)

If this was directed at me, I hope I didnt say something offensive...?

To the old timers here, judging from past cases, how much information do you expect them to release, and how soon? Will LE try to keep the ugly details away from general public?

I'm an oldtimer in real life LOL.

What do I think will probably happen in this case?

LE will play everything close to the vest. I don't expect any info to come out that they consider important to their investigation and possible future trial.

Then there have been instances in particularily gruesome murders whereby the Judge sealed everything and all access to docs until after end of trial.

(sandra cantu case comes to mind)

HTH. JMHO.

If this was directed at me, I hope I didnt say something offensive...?

LOL I can't speak for painter but if she had meant you she would have named you :) You didn't that I saw hun. JMHO.

I'm sick to my stomach. I dont comment much on this case cause of my time difference to yall and you say it all already.....but them diggin' up the yard makes me sick...I know from quite a few years reading crime and on WS that these things totally do happen but how, how do people hurt kids or anyone else and then deal with trying to hide it, how can they carry those memories in their minds and just toodle along in life like nothing unusual...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson