Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the seemingly unhurried pace, almost a lack of real concern that a life may be at stake here. Yes, his interviews struck a strange vibe with me, but now that LE has cleared him there is still that "off" feeling. Does anyone remember Christine Francisco (husband Nick)? She was adamant that he would never leave his family ... the search for him felt half-hearted. This feels like that.

I will add this: If it turns out to be an abduction, it will be one of the most strangely handled cases I've followed in my lifetime, along with Jessica Heeringa.

I'm with you, everything seems so half hearted and unhurried.
Husband seems convinced it's an abduction, but then talks about wanting her home" the sooner the better" he doesn't seem to be considering the fact she may no longer be alive. If this was my spouse, I'd be begging to be on tv again, searching all day, doing absolutely everything to get publicity, knowing time was of the essence.

If she was abducted from her home, the phone could have been left anywhere. Finding the phone by a road leaves the impression she was at that road. It's not proof that she ever was there. I believe she was at home on the morning of 11/2/2016.

So here is what I'm picturing could've happened. More than one person involved in the kidnapping. Possibly planned ahead of time, knowing her routine.

If Sherri didn't bring her keys with her-leaving her door unlocked as she went jogging,someone could've gotten in. Someone may have broken in another way as well.

One of the perps parks the car across/down the street, watching and waiting while the other hides in the house preparing to grab her when she's distracted. Driver pulls up. She's wrapping the present, the other sneaks up, may knock her out with drugs, then quickly throws her in the car.

She could've still been wearing her iphone in a belt or arm wrap, and her earbuds around her neck when she was grabbed. We don't know if she wore one or not.
When they're driving off one spots the phone, rips it off her and tosses it out the window to keep them from being traced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not necessarily She may have had the fanny pack on, with the phone inside. Once he got her to the car he realized she had the phone and he dumped it out of a moving vehicle?

This is what I'm picturing too. That's why the dogs didn't pick up her scent in that location.

I'm with you, everything seems so half hearted and unhurried.
Husband seems convinced it's an abduction, but then talks about wanting her home" the sooner the better" he doesn't seem to be considering the fact she may no longer be alive. If this was my spouse, I'd be begging to be on tv again, searching all day, doing absolutely everything to get publicity, knowing time was of the essence.
People react different. I could see not believing she could be dead because he couldn't (mentally, emotionally) believe that without proof. Where some people will. Especially when there's a case of several years going by. Some fight to have a death certificate and some hold out hope for as long as there is no body. It's really hard to read people in these circumstances.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

There are certain issues that keep coming up over and over... I feel like we need a FAQ posted at the top of every page...

It is NOT abnormal to not bring a
cell phone into work. It's distracting, rude to customers, and many employers don't allow it.

It is NOT abnormal to text someone who doesn't bring their phone into service calls. They can answer texts when not with customers.

It is NOT abnormal for a sahm to put her kids in daycare. It's less common, but many normal people do it!

It's a broken record.

I wonder if any neighbor went out of town or on vacation recently.

Somebody did according to the police logs. A person was housesitting and found blonde hairs in one of the beds. They thought it was related to this case. Not LE. The person that called it in.

Somebody did according to the police logs. A person was housesitting and found blonde hairs in one of the beds. They thought it was related to this case. Not LE. The person that called it in.

[emoji53]. Now that seems odd. Why would someone notice "hair" on a bed? I mean unless someone cut their hair on a bed and left a pile of it, would you notice something like a few strands of hair? Just seems odd to call the police over something like that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[emoji53]. Now that seems odd. Why would someone notice "hair" on a bed? I mean unless someone cut their hair on a bed and left a pile of it, would you notice something like a few strands of hair? Just seems odd to call the police over something like that.

I actually appreciate this. They said to call in anything no matter how insignificant it seemed. I'd feel a bit crazy calling it in but I couldn't live with being wrong (right?) and not.

The person who called it in was housesitting and when they checked om the house someone had broken in apparently as the lights were left on and the guest bedroom slept in. I would certainly notice all that if I was housesitting and that happened! The blonde hairs were probably just from some blonde tweaker wanting a warm bed and the house was unoccupied but you never know.

Maybe the bed was made originally and when he went in later it wasn't. I would do a double take if that was the case. And since it's close to the investigation sight I would probably notice long blonde hairs in the bed. Maybe the owners have black hair.

I actually appreciate this. They said to call in anything no matter how insignificant it seemed. I'd feel a bit crazy calling it in but I couldn't live with being wrong (right?) and not.

The person who called it in was housesitting and when they checked om the house someone had broken in apparently as the lights were left on and the guest bedroom slept in. I would certainly notice all that if I was housesitting and that happened! The blonde hairs were probably just from some blonde tweaker wanting a warm bed and the house was unoccupied but you never know.

Got cha. That puts it in a different perspective and makes sense. I didn't realize that it had been broken into. [emoji1360]

Is there a store choose by she could run to.
That present half.wrapped has my interest.

I can picture myself wrapping that present and thinking 'ugh, I'll go for my run and get back to this".

I know we are not sleuthing KP. Yet, does anyone think it is possible that he actually did come home for lunch? Or has LE accounted for that time? Might explain unwrapped tagged gift and the need to report it. Any comments?

I can picture myself wrapping that present and thinking 'ugh, I'll go for my run and get back to this".
I can't!
Wrap it then run but I think she was interrupted.
I think she ran earlier

I know we are not sleuthing KP. Yet, does anyone think it is possible that he actually did come home for lunch? Or has LE accounted for that time? Might explain unwrapped tagged gift and the need to report it. Any comments?
I would think that would be easily verified with his GPS work vehicle or two phones. I don't think so. Really weird that's just now being mentioned tho! A half wrapped gift is kinda strange to me.

I would think that would be easily verified with his GPS work vehicle or two phones. I don't think so. Really weird that's just now being mentioned tho! A half wrapped gift is kinda strange to me.

I wonder what the tag said?

I've finally worked out what is bothering me about the texts. And this is not a speculation of guilt about KP, just an observation that Sherri texting him to ask if he's home for lunch seems odd to me.

Firstly, did they not have a conversation in the morning? How early in the am would KP have left for a mother of very young children not to have been awake or able to have a conversation with KP?

Secondly, being that it was mid-morning and knowing that KP never takes his phone in with him on a job, Sherri would probably be aware that she wouldn't get a reply to the lunch question until... well, lunch. By that time, the question is a little redundant.

I don't know where I'm going with this; I have no wild theories, I just think it's odd that she sent that message in the first place.

Could someone else have sent the text? Or could she have been made to send it under duress?

:sigh: Where is Sherri? [emoji20]

According to LE he was working all day and it was verified.

My husband doesn't come home for lunch but I'll ask questions that if he doesn't answer it's too late but it doesn't matter to me by then either. So if he replied in 20 minutes with a yes I'd fix a lunch. If he didn't, I wouldn't. I just don't think the text is out of place.

I've finally worked out what is bothering me about the texts. And this is not a speculation of guilt about KP, just an observation that Sherri texting him to ask if he's home for lunch seems odd to me.

Firstly, did they not have a conversation in the morning? How early in the am would KP have left for a mother of very young children not to have been awake or able to have a conversation with KP?

Secondly, being that it was mid-morning and knowing that KP never takes his phone in with him on a job, Sherri would probably be aware that she wouldn't get a reply to the lunch question until... well, lunch. By that time, the question is a little redundant.

I don't know where I'm going with this; I have no wild theories, I just think it's odd that she sent that message in the first place.

Could someone else have sent the text? Or could she have been made to send it under duress?

:sigh: Where is Sherri? [emoji20]
He may not have known when he left in the morning whether he would (or would not) be home for lunch. It probably depended on when he was called to a site (to install home theater equipment) and how long it took to complete the job. Maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken