Amscot, "Special K"

The call to Stephanie from KC on June 30th is at 4 53 pm....is it possible that KC left in TL's vehicle around the time Amy left for work , and then KC headed to Amscot with the gas can ? Once she got there she didn't see her car , so she called Stephanie and asked her if she knew anything about where her car was ?

I would really like to know where that gas can is now, and also what Amy said about it. It's kind of key information, really - I wonder if it's something LE is holding back? The whole issue of the car being left seems integral to KC's using the trunk for the body (ummm...if she did...), a very important issue it seems to me.

So there's nowhere in an LE interview that includes LE questioning Special K about her knowledge of any of this (and especially about which Amscot she worked at), or LE getting an answer from Amy about the newly-purchased gas can?

Sounds like LE needs to talk to Stephanie if they haven't already and clear this up.

I agree....seems like LE woulda jumped alll over a KC friend working @ "that" Amscot......since 'special K' not on the witness list, I guess LE hasn't talked to her at all ??

The other thing about running out of gas, is if the gauge is not broken (stated in last doc dump) she did run out of gas on the 24th, and she must have on the 30th or why ask Amy for gas cans. George said something to the effect that he ask Cindy to bring gas along with cash when they picked up up the car at Johnson's towing because the gauge was always sticking and KC kept running out of gas. Or does she just let it run out because she is low on cash, and it is cheaper to just put in a small amount of gas each time? Or was it the smell and she couldn't risk stopping for gas in case someone would smell the car.

I would really like to know where that gas can is now, and also what Amy said about it. It's kind of key information, really - I wonder if it's something LE is holding back? The whole issue of the car being left seems integral to KC's using the trunk for the body (ummm...if she did...), a very important issue it seems to me.

So there's nowhere in an LE interview that includes LE questioning Special K about her knowledge of any of this (and especially about which Amscot she worked at), or LE getting an answer from Amy about the newly-purchased gas can?

I think Amy's had a second interview that's being held back, like Annie's.

I don't think she's involved, I just think she knows more, than she thought she did about things.

The other thing about running out of gas, is if the gauge is not broken (stated in last doc dump) she did run out of gas on the 24th, and she must have on the 30th or why ask Amy for gas cans. George said something to the effect that he ask Cindy to bring gas along with cash when they picked up up the car at Johnson's towing because the gauge was always sticking and KC kept running out of gas. Or does she just let it run out because she is low on cash, and it is cheaper to just put in a small amount of gas each time? Or was it the smell and she couldn't risk stopping for gas in case someone would smell the car.

Can you believe all these gas cans? It's just odd that so many gas cans are involved, isn't it?

Verité;3247361 said:
And why leave purse in car when friend "Special K" works right inside Amscot?
(I mean, I never leave my purse anywhere. . .not even when I have 0cents. . .
coz purse is bedrock of my "identity", i.e. driv lic, soc sec card, cr. cards, etc).

The only plausible explanation is that, with car's compromising circumstantial status, she must have thought others would believe she'd been kidnapped.

Wouldn't KC's special friend "Special K" have been curious about car with
purse inside & alerted authorities. . .unless she knew something? I certainly
would call cops if I saw my friend's car w/purse parked at my employment
parking lot for several days.

i thought it wasn't her purse but a bag for makeup, etc.?

The forensics report lists it as "black leather bag".

Along the way it seems to have morphed into "purse"

I have wondered about this often.

I know that my (stunningly beautiful) Dear Heart frequently goes out with multiple bags. One is her "purse". The others are of mysterious and arcane provenance and I'm certainly not brave enough to question them.

(Not twice, at any rate.)

I think Amy's had a second interview that's being held back, like Annie's.

I don't think she's involved, I just think she knows more, than she thought she did about things.

Yeah, I've never thought anyone was involved except KC. But are you guessing about these interviews being held back? - do we even know for sure that certain things are being held back? It seems to me like everyone is always guessing about this. Has someone from LE - or, like Pam Bondi, or any of the talking heads, ever said for sure they are holding things back?

The topic of this thread has not been explored on NG, or JVM, or Prime News has it? If not, why not?

Originally posted by CBTampa:
It is possible that Special K doesn't work at that particular store and KC was using her connections to find out about the car. I think the pings showed her calling back KC the next morning. I also think that KC did not want the car to be towed or stolen and planned on going back for it when Amy left for work. I don't think Amy knew that the car had been towed. IMO

Aha! Lightbulb just went off. So with purse left in car, anyone would think
she'd just stepped away for a minute & wouldn't tow car.

Thanks to CBT & others on this thread-page for finding another piece to the
KC :behindbar: puzzle in my mind.

Jesse's texts to Amy......

20TH JULY 2008
6.56pm – ok well tell hime this is just a frien thing to help and for all of us to talk to each other
7.59pm – he should not have talked to a detective...loh well.there will be a big hole but it will help
8.11pm -its like who wants to be a millionaire
8.41pm- leaving the anthony house now
8.56 pm- going to be ten mins late
9.17pm- thats cool sorry about being late

21st July 2008
9.11pm – there are pictures of caylee and I online with a question”do they look alike?

22nd July 2008
1.42am – still up? We can text if u are
2.26am – HAHA what a fitting film
2.36am – talked to lee.confirmed some stuff about casey.good thing we can all still help from the new office space.the reward is up to over 100 thousand dollars. We dont have to see her but we could see her reach out to us. Just out of curiosity, why did you, troy and ricardo go to peurtorico seperqately?
9.40am – you guys keep your ticket stubbs?
10.21 am – just might come up. Donthave to be a genius to realise that county will ask you guys if yoou have proof you flew out of town while caylee was missing
11.29am wont take a genius or the feds to start talking to you guys bout thatb trip because you three left at diff times to out of the country while caylee was unaccounted for. Know hat I mean?
2.29pm – you and the guys wanna get together tonight.
2. – if she gets out we just need to mobilize
2.45.pm- cool rick? He has a nickname
2.58pm - shorter than amy? So is it just A ?or am?
3.00 pm – harris rosen has steped up and said he will help anyway he can! So awesome!
3.14pm – orange county is saying the smell in the car is def human decomp.
3.17pm – what, when?
3.28pm – keep that.dont tell anyone else.county will want to know that
3.21pm – really? Dead animal why?
3.33pm – will do. Dont tell anyone that....not even the boys. We may have just strengthened the timeline3. 3 pm– ok tell troy not to tell anyone! Very important. Ears everywhere. How are things going downtown? Do you know who harris rosen is?
3.51pm – they are coming. Harris is a billionaire landowner and hotel guy. He own the rosen hospitality school.i reached out to him and he is on vacation but got my message and has put his support behind us in any possible
3.54pm - not good news in the hearing.the k9 alerted to human decomp in both the trunk of the car and backyard of the house near her playset
4.05pm- she isnt getting out
4.09pm – yeah...this is making me sick
4.48 pm - when do you go in to pick up?
5.42pm – oh ok and ric is just as gullible as the rest of us obviously he will never know.
5.46pm- I have to find out if i'm talking to melich tonight
5.48 pm - will do
6.28 pm – I am in
6.49pm when and where are we meeting?

Hi Guys... I wasn't sure where to put this ...info from Text Mess/ sticky thread: Mods please move accordingly.

The highlighted areas bug me, 'don't tell anyone', 'strengthen timeline'..etc., does anyone know why they Jesse and Amy are worried? Or are they simply scared because of all the mess going on here with Casey?

Jesse's texts to Amy......

20TH JULY 2008
6.56pm – ok well tell hime this is just a frien thing to help and for all of us to talk to each other
7.59pm – he should not have talked to a detective...loh well.there will be a big hole but it will help
8.11pm -its like who wants to be a millionaire
8.41pm- leaving the anthony house now
8.56 pm- going to be ten mins late
9.17pm- thats cool sorry about being late

21st July 2008
9.11pm – there are pictures of caylee and I online with a question”do they look alike?

22nd July 2008
1.42am – still up? We can text if u are
2.26am – HAHA what a fitting film
2.36am – talked to lee.confirmed some stuff about casey.good thing we can all still help from the new office space.the reward is up to over 100 thousand dollars. We dont have to see her but we could see her reach out to us. Just out of curiosity, why did you, troy and ricardo go to peurtorico seperqately?
9.40am – you guys keep your ticket stubbs?
10.21 am – just might come up. Donthave to be a genius to realise that county will ask you guys if yoou have proof you flew out of town while caylee was missing
11.29am wont take a genius or the feds to start talking to you guys bout thatb trip because you three left at diff times to out of the country while caylee was unaccounted for. Know hat I mean?
2.29pm – you and the guys wanna get together tonight.
2. – if she gets out we just need to mobilize
2.45.pm- cool rick? He has a nickname
2.58pm - shorter than amy? So is it just A ?or am?
3.00 pm – harris rosen has steped up and said he will help anyway he can! So awesome!
3.14pm – orange county is saying the smell in the car is def human decomp.
3.17pm – what, when?
3.28pm – keep that.dont tell anyone else.county will want to know that
3.21pm – really? Dead animal why?
3.33pm – will do. Dont tell anyone that....not even the boys. We may have just strengthened the timeline3. 3 pm– ok tell troy not to tell anyone! Very important. Ears everywhere. How are things going downtown? Do you know who harris rosen is?
3.51pm – they are coming. Harris is a billionaire landowner and hotel guy. He own the rosen hospitality school.i reached out to him and he is on vacation but got my message and has put his support behind us in any possible
3.54pm - not good news in the hearing.the k9 alerted to human decomp in both the trunk of the car and backyard of the house near her playset
4.05pm- she isnt getting out
4.09pm – yeah...this is making me sick
4.48 pm - when do you go in to pick up?
5.42pm – oh ok and ric is just as gullible as the rest of us obviously he will never know.
5.46pm- I have to find out if i'm talking to melich tonight
5.48 pm - will do
6.28 pm – I am in
6.49pm when and where are we meeting?

Hi Guys... I wasn't sure where to put this ...info from Text Mess/ sticky thread: Mods please move accordingly.

The highlighted areas bug me, 'don't tell anyone', 'strengthen timeline'..etc., does anyone know why they Jesse and Amy are worried? Or are they simply scared because of all the mess going on here with Casey?

When Tony's interview was released, it was obvious that they were doing segmented interviews with key players. It seems the first part was more related to the child endangerment/neglect (or whatever was initially charged). I can't remember, but the script said something like "okay, this is second part, you know." This would seem logical since LE would only have to release discovery on the actual charges at that time. Later, when murder was charged, additional discovery was required. I think, in addition to Annie's interview, there is still an additional part of Tony's and maybe Amy's, etc interviews that are yet to be released. One hopes anyway.

Another thing about the 27th, she parks the car at Amscot and she texts to Amy that she got rid of the smell in her car. So it must have been an "issue" or why mention it at all? KC wouldn't want to draw attention to her car and the smell, Amy must have commented on it or even Tony. So is that in the interview? Did they ask them if they smelled any thing coming from her car and when they noticed it?

The gas issue i think came down to the fact that all her friends thought she worked and earn't well, thus would have $$ for gas, a broken gauge gives the excuse ive ran out of gas again dam gauge and i havent got any $$ on me can you come get me/ lend me $$, leaving her purse in the car on 27th the night of fusion, may have been a way of getting out of paying for anything that night, tony ive left my purse in the car, i dont have any $$, dont worry ill pay sort of thing. I also think she wanted to impress and pretended all the time to be doing better than what she was, being unemployed and skint i think was too much of an embarassment for casey to cope with, especially in regards to tony, i think impressing him with how well she was doing financially was the biggest fuel in fire, when deciding on taking amy's money. JMO

The gas issue i think came down to the fact that all her friends thought she worked and earn't well, thus would have $$ for gas, a broken gauge gives the excuse ive ran out of gas again dam gauge and i havent got any $$ on me can you come get me/ lend me $$, leaving her purse in the car on 27th the night of fusion, may have been a way of getting out of paying for anything that night, tony ive left my purse in the car, i dont have any $$, dont worry ill pay sort of thing. I also think she wanted to impress and pretended all the time to be doing better than what she was, being unemployed and skint i think was too much of an embarassment for casey to cope with, especially in regards to tony, i think impressing him with how well she was doing financially was the biggest fuel in fire, when deciding on taking amy's money. JMO

I always wondered why she took the money and didn't get out of Dodge with it. How long can you say your child is with the nanny? She could have left when every one was in Porto Rico. I thought she may have had gas cans on hand to steal from others gas tank too. No one would blame her cuz she was always out of gas.

For whatever reason JG appointed himself an "investigator" early on, even in his first interview they talk of people/places/times he been working on to give LE.

Good point, but here in Florida, it's "pump your own". There is only one gas station that I know of, in Oldsmar, where the station attentdants will pump gas, and that's just for customers with handicapped permits. (You'd think that here in Florida, with all these retirees, they'd pump gas for them). I know some states, like NJ, they don't even have self service pumps, they're all full service. Not down here. So no one at a gas station would be close to her trunk to notice the smell.

Another thing that's always bugged me...I ran out of gas a few times (when I was young and broke!), and when you're driving and you run out of gas, the normal thing to do is just pull over on the side of the road, and coast until the car stops. How did she manage to pull into a parking lot and actually park the car if it was out of gas? If there were two people present, one could push the car and one could steer it...but to drive it straight into a parking space? I dunno, doesn't sound right to me. I thought at the time that she had just abandoned the car since it smelled like death. Typical Casey, it solves the problem for the moment, and she doesn't plan on the next step.

Good point, but here in Florida, it's "pump your own". There is only one gas station that I know of, in Oldsmar, where the station attentdants will pump gas, and that's just for customers with handicapped permits. (You'd think that here in Florida, with all these retirees, they'd pump gas for them). I know some states, like NJ, they don't even have self service pumps, they're all full service. Not down here. So no one at a gas station would be close to her trunk to notice the smell.

Oh I know that you pump your own gas, but sometimes at a big station there are people right there beside you. So someone getting gas next to you or just walking by.....It would be a risk to take the car around any body that might smell it. The stations now are convience stores too, never know if a cop will be near by. Just a thought.

Do you think it's possible that LE has obtained the 6/30 video tape from Target when Amy and KC purchased the gas can ...to narrow the time frame down ? Hopefully the tape at Amscot on 6/27 captured some helpful information. Also , if KC did come back to Amscot to retrieve the car on 6/30 , the video tape there would be helpful in determining what time , who was with her , what vehicle she used to get there etc. I am curious to know if she went inside Amscot and asked anyone about her car that day??

Another thing that's always bugged me...I ran out of gas a few times (when I was young and broke!), and when you're driving and you run out of gas, the normal thing to do is just pull over on the side of the road, and coast until the car stops. How did she manage to pull into a parking lot and actually park the car if it was out of gas? If there were two people present, one could push the car and one could steer it...but to drive it straight into a parking space? I dunno, doesn't sound right to me. I thought at the time that she had just abandoned the car since it smelled like death. Typical Casey, it solves the problem for the moment, and she doesn't plan on the next step.

And as far as we know no one has come forward who helped her push her car into Amscot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back