AZ - Gabriel Johnson, 8 months, 26 Dec 2009 - last seen in Texas - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kpho.com/news/22190418/detail.html

I know we have heard about the FBI searching the house in Nashville, but this article says EJ gave them info leading them there. Did I miss this somewhere or is this new?

I read that but I took it to mean that they got the information from maybe her cell phone, checking to see what numbers she called, not from EJ herself.

http://www.kpho.com/video/22155911/index.html

notice in the tape that EJ says she didn't go to the police in SA because she was afraid she would get arrested for kidnapping - Tammi immediately jumps in and say "And, who told you that?" EJ says, "Logan" at ~ 5:20

ARG!! SO then Tammi says "So, basically you were on the ledge and Logan pushed you off!"

I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.

I *think* (theory) that when she left Tempe on the 18th, she was headed for Miami Beach then. Now this girl couldn't even stand being in her apartment with Gabriel - she left him crying in his room all day. Imagine what it was like for her, unmedicated, infuriated with Logan, and closed up in the confines of a car with a crying baby from Dec 18 to Dec 22 when she hit San Antonio.

I *think* she wasn't making good progress. And I *think* she hated every minute of it. So she stopped in San Antonio and her fury at Logan was increasing and she spent a few days with Gabriel and realized she just couldn't do it.

Fury with Logan plus just couldn't take being with sweet little Gabriel who she didn't want and didn't like and had no feeling for.

So she realized when she stopped in San Antonio she just couldn't do her road trip to Miami Beach with him, and that was it. Once free of Gabriel, she didn't want to get back in that car again. She could sit back and relax and sleep on a bus, try to cool off and calm down. So she ditched the car, everything that reminded her of Gabriel, and hopped the bus for the rest of her trip.

:cow:

That phone call just emphasis how little Tammie Smith ever loved and cared about that little boy, because any normal person would have been absolutely outraged the minute she said she had given him to strangers.

And instead Ms. TPS says: "Did we try really hard to get you back here?" asked Tammi Smith.

"Yes," replied Elizabeth Johnson.

"And did we offer to get you an attorney and help you to keep custody?" Smith asked.

"Yeah," said Johnson."

http://www.kpho.com/news/22190418/detail.html

Not a lot of concern showing on the part of the Smiths. :(

Salem

I remember the word 'youth' being used, but she's 23 y/o so how could she have gotten into a 'youth' hostel anyway. I think that could've been a mis-speak. What I'm still not clear on though is how did LE find her. :waitasec:
I think when they say youth hostels in Miami they mean young adults. Most of the pictures show partying type scenes with people who are over age, but still young adults.

Now, how she got caught, I have no idea. I wonder if someone in Miami, maybe at the hostel or somewhere else, called LE. Maybe she called her Grandfather or Logan from a pay phone in Miami and they got the number (she didn't have her cell phone at that point, right ?). We know Tammi didn't call LE, she would have blurted that out (in her defense) already.

We don't know if she had the GPS in Miami when the police found her, do we ?

Elizabeth is 23. Who's under 18?

I knew she was 23...lol I thought it must have been a teenage place for runaways since it was called a youth hostel. So from there I surmised she must have had no money. I assumed she was desperate for a place to stay and maybe lied about her age...lol See how my misunderstanding got out of hand? It led to more misunderstandings on my part and now I realize it was so simple.

It seems obvious that this wasn't very planned out. We have her grandfather saying that she was talking about changing her identity. She seemed to know where she was going when she went to San Antonio. I believe that either the Smiths sent her there or she had been in touch with another family she found online that wanted to adopt her baby. It doesn't sound like she had much money left when she got to Florida so I don't think she sold the baby. I just think she had this misguided notion that it would be easy to change her identity and disappear. The question is, what did she do with baby Gabriel? Did she get in touch with someone who took him off her hands? It does seem to be the purpose of her going to San Antonio. I just think that no matter what brought her there, there must be a trail of cell phone records and pings. I know LE is on top of this but it seems that for some reason they have hit a dead end. It is just taking too long and no new information coming out. I hope this isn't like the Duckett case where there is never (to this point anyway) an answer.

I think youth means young adult when it comes to hostels. Youth hostels used to be very common and popular with college-aged Americans traveling abroad in Europe. May still be, IDK. But mosts kids this age would travel as cheaply as they could so almost exclusively stayed at "youth hostels".

I guess I am showing my age -- I am in that "used to be" population with the Eurail pass and map of hostels on summer break

LOL Brat, you shouldn't feel like an idiot, youthful maybe :p

I would love to know what brought her to Texas in the first place and what she did there for 5 days and why she ditched the car and bought a bus ticket. Why would you ride a bus if you had a car?

I believe LE has stated that Gabriel was seen on the 26th. I am assuming on surveillance tape from the hotel where they were staying.

because the car connected her to her past and her grandfather and she was trying to run away?

maybe she thought the car would get returned to her gg somehow without her involvement

or more likely she just didn't care

she was done with that old life

done with Logan
done with Gabriel
done with family

single-minded focus on getting wherever she wanted to go without regard to anyone or anything (including gramps' car)

or she was told to ditch it
either way she didn't give a rat's behind about anyone but herself IMO

LOL Thanks. OK pls people enough with the definitions of youth and youth hostels. I already feel like an idiot.

It's okay. I've stayed in hostels in N. Europe and Scandinavia and in this country. Seems like lots haven't. It's all okay. We need to learn from each other?

I *think* (theory) that when she left Tempe on the 18th, she was headed for Miami Beach then. Now this girl couldn't even stand being in her apartment with Gabriel - she left him crying in his room all day. Imagine what it was like for her, unmedicated, infuriated with Logan, and closed up in the confines of a car with a crying baby from Dec 18 to Dec 22 when she hit San Antonio.

I *think* she wasn't making good progress. And I *think* she hated every minute of it. So she stopped in San Antonio and her fury at Logan was increasing and she spent a few days with Gabriel and realized she just couldn't do it.

Fury with Logan plus just couldn't take being with sweet little Gabriel who she didn't want and didn't like and had no feeling for.

So she realized when she stopped in San Antonio she just couldn't do her road trip to Miami Beach with him, and that was it. Once free of Gabriel, she didn't want to get back in that car again. She could sit back and relax and sleep on a bus, try to cool off and calm down. So she ditched the car, everything that reminded her of Gabriel, and hopped the bus for the rest of her trip.

:cow:
I thought she had booked and paid for 7 days at the San Antonio Motel a week before she left with Gabriel.

I think when they say youth hostels in Miami they mean young adults. Most of the pictures show partying type scenes with people who are over age, but still young adults.

Now, how she got caught, I have no idea. I wonder if someone in Miami, maybe at the hostel or somewhere else, called LE. Maybe she called her Grandfather or Logan from a pay phone in Miami and they got the number (she didn't have her cell phone at that point, right ?). We know Tammi didn't call LE, she would have blurted that out (in her defense) already.

We don't know if she had the GPS in Miami when the police found her, do we ?
That's the part I've missed out on. I didn't think she still had the cell phone because last I remember the pings stopped somewhere around Victoria TX. I'm thinking she must have called someone and they called LE, since I don't think there was anything about her being wanted or Gabriel being abducted on the national news then. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth