GUILTY GA - Eight family members brutally murdered in Brunswick home, 29 Aug 2009

once again I am as astounded as the judge with the progress, and surely they have more things to test than those few items mentioned in the above article, that trailer had to have resembled a bloodbath, they were all beaten to death - and beaten in the head,

the bedding would have been one of the first items I would have been examining, the victims hands every one of them should have had fingernail scrapings and then those scrapings been DNA tested, one or more of them may have tried to fend off the blows,

the more I learn about this case the more I think the police force may not have had the experience or expertise to process the crime scene and investigate this crime, I hope they did ask for outside help

the prosecution seem no better, they are still to decide what to test over 2 years post the murders

once again I am as astounded as the judge with the progress, and surely they have more things to test than those few items mentioned in the above article, that trailer had to have resembled a bloodbath, they were all beaten to death - and beaten in the head,

the bedding would have been one of the first items I would have been examining, the victims hands every one of them should have had fingernail scrapings and then those scrapings been DNA tested, one or more of them may have tried to fend off the blows,

the more I learn about this case the more I think the police force may not have had the experience or expertise to process the crime scene and investigate this crime, I hope they did ask for outside help

the prosecution seem no better, they are still to decide what to test over 2 years post the murders

It doesnt seem that odd to me. I remember in the Cesar Laurean murder trial the State did not test the murder weapon until 17 days before the trial began.

I think this LE and DA are perfectly capable of trying this case. This is the same area (Brunswick) where the State got a conviction on the Edenfields who raped and murdered little Christopher Barrios. They are not new to horrific crimes. The GBI was brought immediately on this case also.

If the crime scene showed that the victims were sleeping at the time of their attacks and they had no defensive wounds then testing the nails would not show anything, imo.

But it does seem they have found the blood of the victims on his cellphone, his shorts, his underwear, and the kitchen knife, which also may have his bloody fingerprints on it, and I bet the hair found on the floor belongs to him too. And the main thing they found is blood of the victims on the shotgun he put in his vehicle and then lied to police about it. From what I have read the shotgun was used as a weapon to shatter the victims skulls. A part of the gunstock was found in the yard.

So I think they will have more than enough evidence to put this monster away.

I also think he will be given the death penalty. This is one of the worst mass murder cases in Georgia history.

IMO

It doesnt seem that odd to me. I remember in the Cesar Laurean murder trial the State did not test the murder weapon until 17 days before the trial began.

I think this LE and DA are perfectly capable of trying this case. This is the same area (Brunswick) where the State got a conviction on the Edenfields who raped and murdered little Christopher Barrios. They are not new to horrific crimes. The GBI was brought immediately on this case also.

If the crime scene showed that the victims were sleeping at the time of their attacks and they had no defensive wounds then testing the nails would not show anything, imo.

But it does seem they have found the blood of the victims on his cellphone, his shorts, his underwear, and the kitchen knife, which also may have his bloody fingerprints on it, and I bet the hair found on the floor belongs to him too. And the main thing they found is blood of the victims on the shotgun he put in his vehicle and then lied to police about it. From what I have read the shotgun was used as a weapon to shatter the victims skulls. A part of the gunstock was found in the yard.

So I think they will have more than enough evidence to put this monster away.

I also think he will be given the death penalty. This is one of the worst mass murder cases in Georgia history.

IMO

Where did it say blood was found on his underwear? And the samples they tested so far where so small in evidence that there is no possible way to test them a second time.

I think it is interesting with all they collected they have not decided what to ask the crime lab to test. EXCEPT the stuff that can not be tested twice.

Not to mention the DA has caught themselves up in a lie he told the last judge about the crime lab being the reason there was a delay. Yet that wasnt bought up. Someone should call that in and mention their poor ethics. Just saying.

I hope he gets a fair trial ,and if he is guilty I have the same hopes as you. I however have not seen where this is heading towards a fair trial. The lie by the DA shows me what we could be in store for.

These are merely hearings to respond to 49 motions filed by Heinze's attorneys, including one to dismiss the case. The trial is still months, if not years, away. The grand jury indicted him in September, 2009. It's been almost three years and no trial date has been set.

a strange case, indeed.
during the years, the news become only a kind of court procedures update.
there is any Guy Heinze Jr interview?
what the neighbours heard?
i cant remember, but did he declares himself guilty or not guilty?
there were any drug test on him?
and more important, a question, that i never see at least speculated, why?
a gruesome crime, that LE and Court seems to indulge procrastination and the media doesnt inquire to the bone.
why, also?

best for all

Rui

a strange case, indeed.
a gruesome crime, that LE and Court seems to indulge procrastination and the media doesnt inquire to the bone.
why, also?

best for all

Rui

No interveiws with him. The neighbors heard nothing the night of the murders and they heard Guy screaming the morning of the discovery according to reporting done on the case. His plea was entered as not guilty but he may have to enter his plea due to the re indictment ,I however and not sure but I dont expect him to change his mind as the other plea was entered in Feb 12,2012,

Link

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/243328/483/Guy-Heinze-Jr-Pleads-Not-Guilty-to-Killings

No information about a drug test was released so I have no idea if one was done .

I have seen speculation on a motive but it has been all guesses. I dont understand why the media hasnt been all over this case either and the only think I can think is maybe there isnt much of a case to be all over. No information being released etc.

I hope the case gets more attention one day.

a strange case, indeed.
why, also?

best for all

Rui

Hi there acausa!

GHJ was interviewed by the police but he never did an interview with the media.

When he was first arrested for having an illegal drug, lying to police and tampering with evidence, I am sure they did a drug test at that time.

It has been so long now but I do remember reading that a neighbor did hear screaming like a heated argument around midnight. I also remember when they arrested him for the murders LE said it was based on forensic evidence they had received back from the lab and a witness. This may have been a witness who saw him leaving the mobile home park when he told LE he was elsewhere.

The 'why' will have to be answered at trial.

The media is there everytime there is a hearing but there really is nothing new to disclose at this time.

In our country it is not unusual for it to take 3-4 years for a death penalty case to come to trial.

This is one I have kept up with from the very beginning since I live in Georgia and hope the trial is held soon.

IMO

and still more DNA testing needs to be done, the prosecution has had years to test everything they have I can't understand why they haven't, as has the defence, the case should be ready for trial now,

I hope we get to see more solid evidence from this pretrial, as so far all I have heard is he had blood on his shorts, which defence can argue got there when he found bodies and he lied about where he got shotgun from, the shotgun if it was murder weapon must have blood/dna/hair or other bodily evidence on it if it was murder weapon but we have yet to hear this evidence,

I am still yet to be convinced that one person could kill 4 adult males, one teenage male who wrestled at school, 2 other adult females and one other teenage girl by himself within the confines of that trailer and not one of them was able to either escape or at least fight back and leave marks on the attacker,

The shotgun belonging to one of the victims is new. I am interested to know who it belonged to.

I am going to go back and look for media reports on what was reported Guy said about the gun at the time.

Guy said it was his gun, and he was removing/hiding it because it was stolen or not licensed and he did not want to get into trouble, LE asked ATF to check serial number and it came back as being registered to one of the dead victims, this new information was testified to at pretrial

I was just coming to post the story from yesterday's FL Times-Union but I see that joe jones has already posted it.

I agree that there was come very interesting evidence revealed during pretrial.

The shotgun belonging to one of the victims is new. I am interested to know who it belonged to.

I am going to go back and look for media reports on what was reported Guy said about the gun at the time.

I read long ago that the shotgun belonged to one of the adult men that was murdered.

They are going to get Heinz on his lies.

He took that shotgun out of the house of horrors he made because he had used it as one of the blugdeoning weapons, imo. A part of the shattered stock was found in the driveway. It probably fell off when he was taking it out of the house to hide it in his car.

I also think the blood on his clothing is not going to belong to Michael but may be a mixture of some of the other victims.

IMO

and still more DNA testing needs to be done, the prosecution has had years to test everything they have I can't understand why they haven't, as has the defence, the case should be ready for trial now,

I hope we get to see more solid evidence from this pretrial, as so far all I have heard is he had blood on his shorts, which defence can argue got there when he found bodies and he lied about where he got shotgun from, the shotgun if it was murder weapon must have blood/dna/hair or other bodily evidence on it if it was murder weapon but we have yet to hear this evidence,

I am still yet to be convinced that one person could kill 4 adult males, one teenage male who wrestled at school, 2 other adult females and one other teenage girl by himself within the confines of that trailer and not one of them was able to either escape or at least fight back and leave marks on the attacker,

His problem among many is he said he only touched Michael. So if the blood is not Michael's that will be another nail in his coffin.

I am very convinced he murdered all of these people right by himself. I had read early that the family was told that the victims were attacked as they slept.

IMO

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...want-indictment-accused-mass-murder-dismissed

more interesting evidence revealed during pretrial, officers saw blood on the shotgun that was in Guys car, and he admitted smoking crack the night of the murders

I wish insession was following this case.

Anyway I found a bit of an issue with the statement the officer made

Lt. Keith Stalvey, who was a sergeant at the time, testified that he drew his weapon only to clear and secure the residence where Heinze had made a frantic 911 call that his family had been killed

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...urder-want-indictment-dismissed#ixzz22vefM9xc

And then this
At that point, he was the lone survivor,’’ Stalvey said.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...urder-want-indictment-dismissed#ixzz22velK4tF

This statement here bothers me for the reason on the 911 Guy Jr was asked for detailed information on the rising and falling of MT's chest. The officer would have known as that is important information on the scene ,and EMT would not be allowed to enter until the scene was declared safe for them to enter.That officer would be the one to call them from a ready and waiting on the scene to clear to assit.

GuyJr was not the lone survivor and this statement is way off and it doesnt really make sence for it to be stated that way. As it is not truthful. The officer trys to quailfy it with "At the time" but that is not true even if he thought it was it just isnt.

Now this next quote reflects what I had thought was reported. That Guy believed the shotgun to be stolen. I think that past articles will reflect that he said he believed it was or thought it was ,not that it was for a fact.Not sure but this is why I posted about going looking for the statement reported about the gun.

And when he was questioned whether there were guns inside the residence, Heinze responded there were, but he had taken out a shotgun that he believed to have been stolen and put it in the trunk of the Mercury Cougar he was driving, Stalvey testified.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...urder-want-indictment-dismissed#ixzz22vihuvGG

I am still blown away by the lack of coverage on this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back