MA MA - Rapheal Teken, 37, Eric Weissman, 31, & Brandon Mess, 25, Waltham, 12 Sept 2011

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/19/marathon-bombing-suspect-i-dont-have-a-single-american-friend/
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MA MA - Waltham Triple Murder, 12 Sept 2011

The Mercedes could be a coincidence, but it's worth noting. I don't believe it was confirmed the other two men lived in the apartment at 12 Harding, but they were frequent visitors, according to other reports. So far I haven't seen where the two men were ID'd or questioned. I'm still researching.

Thanks for finding that info. I knew I had read it somewhere but was having trouble finding it again! I also feel it is worth noting.....jumped right out at me when I read it.

It has been reported that Suspect #2 smoked pot. It has been reported that Suspect #1's behavior, after his failure in boxing, turned more towards studying his religion.

No devout Muslim would drink, smoke or do drugs. If these 3 people were involved in bringing down his brother's quest to be a devout Muslim, slitting their necks (very personal) would send a sign to all what happens to those who derail a pure path. Covering their bodies in marijuana and leaving the money is proof (IMHO) this 'explains' the crime and it's justice.

Moo

I agree that your theory. I think if we find that Suspect #1 is involved, this would make a great deal of sense.

quote from the main thread:

That was what stood out to me when I read the article on the unsolved murders. I think that it was a female friend of Suspect 2 that remarked how Suspect 1 was unhappy about little brother smoking pot. If Suspect 2 had become extremist, maybe he wasn't happy about his only American friend / "best friend" doing drugs and therefore covered the bodies with the drugs as some sort of symbol.

I'm wondering when he made the statement that he didn't have even one american friend. maybe he found out his bestie was selling smoke to his younger bro (betrayal)

leaving money/smoke behind makes little sense, unless it's viewed as "unclean"

Copying my other post over here:

I just googled this crime and read a few articles about it. It seems like the murder was originally thought to have something to do with drugs (marijuana), but that was later questioned, because both drugs and money were found at the scene. The news report says police thought it was targeted and more than one killer.

What Really Happened On Harding Ave? - YouTube

In these comments from 2011 about the other two men, several people question whether it was about drugs and one person wonders if it had anything to do with September 11, writing "Daniel Pearl come to mind?"

http://blogs.wickedlocal.com/cambridge/2011/09/14/did-you-know-eric-weissman-or-rapheal-teken/

Who knows if the best friend story is true, and the date could be nothing more than a creepy coincidence.

But, still.

JMO
Some of the blog posts are awful suspect too and one even mentioned that one of the victims may have been jewish.

The 9/11 date sure seems to come up too often for Bomber #1.

There are an awful lot of coincidences with this murder. Just trying to list them all.

-murder around 9/11, so here is that date again
-one of the vitcims MAY have been jewish of which these type of terrorists seem to dislike
-Weed was thrown on victims and Bomber #1 disliked the fact his brother was smoking weed.
-There is a known connection between Bomber #1 and one of the victims
-Bomber #1 was physically strong and a trained boxer and could easily kill more than 1 person with a weapon like a knife

I am thinking it is very possible there could be a link here to the murders and I think it is very possible one person could have killed all 3. I think LE just assumes 2 people because of the viciousness of it and normally it would take 2 people to overpower 3 people but if the perp was really strong it is possible only 1 perp did this. If it turns out Bomber #2 was getting his weed from one of the victims, I could see Bomber #1 getting upset with the dealers and blaming the dealers rather than blaming his own brother for his choices.

Agreed. I didn't know the date of the triple murders when I started researching the incident, and you could've knocked me over with a feather when I read September 12. I'm far from a conspiracy theorist, but it's not easy to brush off the date as coincidence considering the other circumstances.

that was my reaction too. Also, although the murder was originally reported as Sep. 12, the death seems to be Sep. 11. For ex: Brendan Mess Jan. 16, 1986- Sep. 11, 2011 -- see Remembering the beautiful life of Brendan Mess'. (On Facebook)

A candlelight vigil was held on Sep. 11, 2012: http://waltham.patch.com/articles/candlelight-vigil-held-for-waltham-triple-murder-victims

JMO
Some of the blog posts are awful suspect too and one even mentioned that one of the victims may have been jewish. .
<snipped>

2 of the victims were definitely Jewish (Erik Weissman and Raphael Teken)

Early TT quotes stated he only had one American friend. Then he posts that he has no American friends.

Don't forget: In addition to quitting the gym or changing to a new one, shortly after the triple murder of his "only American friend" and two other men, TT left the country for 6+ months.
I also read that DT went to Russia in 2012 too. At some point he was probably in contact with TT.

Thursday, before the subjects were officially ID'd and there were only the "official" FBI pics and video, <modsnip>. I inadvertently found a seemingly unrelated story about several reports over the past few months of unexplained detonated explosives. The events occurred in mid-late March in Hanover, MA!!!
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police

JMO
Some of the blog posts are awful suspect too and one even mentioned that one of the victims may have been jewish.

There are an awful lot of coincidences with this murder. Just trying to list them all.

-one of the vitcims MAY have been jewish of which these type of terrorists seem to dislike
-Weed was thrown on victims and Bomber #1 disliked the fact his brother was smoking weed.
-Bomber #1 was physically strong and a trained boxer and could easily kill more than 1 person with a weapon like a knife

I am thinking it is very possible there could be a link here to the murders and I think it is very possible one person could have killed all 3. I think LE just assumes 2 people because of the viciousness of it and normally it would take 2 people to overpower 3 people but if the perp was really strong it is possible only 1 perp did this. If it turns out Bomber #2 was getting his weed from one of the victims, I could see Bomber #1 getting upset with the dealers and blaming the dealers rather than blaming his own brother for his choices.

You forgot the Mercedes. Bomber #1 drove a Mercedes. At the time of the murder, neighbors reported five men were often at the apartment. The next door neighbor was under the impression that all five lived there. Of the two who were not killed, one drove a Mercedes. See my links here:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MA MA - Waltham Triple Murder, 12 Sept 2011

I can't find anything that says the two guys were ever ID'd or questioned, though I would think they must have been. I did find a link that says it was Mess's apartment. (Mess is the one purported to be TT's "best freind".) Another article states Teken's address was on Brown St in Waltham, not Harding. The point being since it was Mess's apartment, whether the others spent time there or not, it would seem Mess was the main target.

Nobody has been arrested in connection with the case and police never publicly named any suspects. Mess had been living in the second floor unit of the house.

&#8220;We cannot comment on suspects, however, we do believe this was a targeted attack and we are following all leads at our disposal to determine who is responsible for this horrific attack on three young men,&#8221; Guyotte wrote.

http://waltham.patch.com/articles/investigators-still-pursuing-waltham-triple-murder#photo-11322692

quote from the main thread:

I'm wondering when he made the statement that he didn't have even one american friend. maybe he found out his bestie was selling smoke to his younger bro (betrayal)

leaving money/smoke behind makes little sense, unless it's viewed as "unclean"
This line in a 2011 article lends support to the gym owner's claim that TT and Mess were friends:
Mess, a boxer, was a tough guy who was always willing to defend somebody but displayed a goofy, generous side as well, according to friends and family.

http://waltham.patch.com/articles/candlelight-vigil-held-for-waltham-triple-murder-victims

The statement about not having a friend in America comes from a photo essay that chronicles TT during his training for the GoldenGloves in Salt Lake City. From what I can piece together, that would have been 2008-09.
In Johannes Hirn&#8217;s photo essay, &#8220;Will Box for Passport,&#8221; Hirn profiled Tamerlan Tsarnaev on his road to the National Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City.

The article also says his wife was still his gf at the time.

Another quote from the photo essay:
&#8220;God said no alcohol,&#8221; he said to Hirn. &#8220;There are no values anymore.&#8221; He added that he worried about people who couldn&#8217;t control themselves.

And again:
&#8220;I don&#8217;t have a single American friend, I don&#8217;t understand them,&#8221; Tamerlan Tsarnaev said in the photo essay.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/04/19/marathon-bombing-suspect-i-dont-have-a-single-american-friend/

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect killed by police early Friday participated in the National Golden Gloves boxing tournament in Salt Lake City in May 2009
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/56184538-77/2009-boston-gloves-golden.html.csp

Now did he finally make a friend, Mess? Only to be disillusioned when/IF he learned BM was smoking too much pot, maybe selling it, and was out of control?

<snipped>

2 of the victims were definitely Jewish (Erik Weissman and Raphael Teken)

Based on is physical appearance, Brendan definitely could be Jewish as well. I looked up his obit. The service was non-religious, so that didn't help determining if he was Jewish or not.

It was certainly be an interesting angle if TT's best friend was Jewish who turned up with his throat slashed on Sept 12 with pot thrown over his body.

One of the consistent narratives of the most extreme muslim clerics is the corrupting influence of Jews. Considering there is no none motive in this case, a hate crime is as good a possibility as any.

How many murders occur in Walthram in a year? It can't be many. TT must have been one of the few people residing in the town who could have committed such a heinous crime.

This line in a 2011 article lends support to the gym owner's claim that TT and Mess were friends:
Mess, a boxer, was a tough guy who was always willing to defend somebody but displayed a goofy, generous side as well, according to friends and family.

http://waltham.patch.com/articles/candlelight-vigil-held-for-waltham-triple-murder-victims

The statement about not having a friend in America comes from a photo essay that chronicles TT during his training for the GoldenGloves in Salt Lake City. From what I can piece together, that would have been 2008-09.
In Johannes Hirn’s photo essay, “Will Box for Passport,” Hirn profiled Tamerlan Tsarnaev on his road to the National Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City.

The article also says his wife was still his gf at the time.

Another quote from the photo essay:
“God said no alcohol,” he said to Hirn. “There are no values anymore.” He added that he worried about people who couldn’t control themselves.

And again:
“I don’t have a single American friend, I don’t understand them,” Tamerlan Tsarnaev said in the photo essay.

The Boston Marathon bombing suspect killed by police early Friday participated in the National Golden Gloves boxing tournament in Salt Lake City in May 2009
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/sports/56184538-77/2009-boston-gloves-golden.html.csp

Now did he finally make a friend, Mess? Only to be disillusioned when/IF he learned BM was smoking too much pot, maybe selling it, and was out of control?

[blue bold by me]

And, to top it off, associating with Jews? (particularly if this was around the time - 2011 - that TT apparently turned even more devout, as has been reported)

Early TT quotes stated he only had one American friend. Then he posts that he has no American friends.

Don't forget: In addition to quitting the gym or changing to a new one, shortly after the triple murder of his "only American friend" and two other men, TT left the country for 6+ months.
I also read that DT went to Russia in 2012 too. At some point he was probably in contact with TT.

Thursday, before the subjects were officially ID'd and there were only the "official" FBI pics and video, <modsnip>. I inadvertently found a seemingly unrelated story about several reports over the past few months of unexplained detonated explosives. The events occurred in mid-late March in Hanover, MA!!!
http://www.patriotledger.com/news/x711938623/Hanover-bombs-a-mystery-to-police

Possible 'testing' of home made bombs before the real thing?
:waitasec:

JMO

Respectfully bolded

There is no may about it -- Weissman was definitely Jewish.

Based on is physical appearance, Brendan definitely could be Jewish as well. I looked up his obit. The service was non-religious, so that didn't help determining if he was Jewish or not.

It was certainly be an interesting angle if TT's best friend was Jewish who turned up with his throat slashed on Sept 12 with pot thrown over his body.

One of the consistent narratives of the most extreme muslim clerics is the corrupting influence of Jews. Considering there is no none motive in this case, a hate crime is as good a possibility as any.

How many murders occur in Walthram in a year? It can't be many. TT must have been one of the few people residing in the town who could have committed such a heinous crime.
The first and middle names are definitely Irish. I believe the last name is English.

http://www.burnsfuneralhomes.com/viewer.php?obit=320

Respectfully bolded

There is no may about it -- Weissman was definitely Jewish.

Same with Teken: https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-l...l-Teken-Rest-in-Peace/156577414430295?fref=ts

Oh, I just feel so terrible for the families of these three guys.:( It sounds like this murder didn't get as much media attention as one would expect, likely because people wrote it off as a 'drug related' crime. If it turns out that it was related to the Tsarnaev brothers -- and I am really beginning to believe it was -- at least they will have some answers, but I can only imagine the shock.

I think LE just assumes 2 people because of the viciousness of it and normally it would take 2 people to overpower 3 people but if the perp was really strong it is possible only 1 perp did this.
<Snipped>

Yes, possibly. They do seem to indicate that they know two other people were there though:

Middlesex District Attorney Gerry Leone called it a &#8220;very graphic crime scene&#8221; and said that there were at least two people who were in the apartment earlier in the day, but were no longer inside.
http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...es-mourned-after-brutal-Waltham-murder?zc_p=2

"We don't know and can't say publicly now how many people were actually at the crime scene when they were killed. But there were many factors that led us to believe there was more than one person at the scene when the men were killed," said Leone.
http://www.wickedlocal.com/cambridg...ew-answers-in-murder-of-Cambridge-trio?zc_p=2

Also in that last article:
- Mess was a well known mixed martial arts fighter. Weissman was a body builder.

All three strong young men had been dragged to the second story apartment at 12 Harding Avenue.

Their throats were slashed and their bodies covered with marijuana. But puzzlingly, $5,000 was left behind.

???

I think that much is clear-whoever did it had to be a great physical shape-to be able to kill three healthy adult males-not an easy task. Especially if it was done by one person. Even if by more than one, the three victims would presumably put up a fight, unless they were incapaciated in some way.

The first and middle names are definitely Irish. I believe the last name is English.

http://www.burnsfuneralhomes.com/viewer.php?obit=320

I'm guessing he's most likely of Irish heritage on his mother's side.

I'm still uncertain about this father's side. I know of someone whose last name is Mess and he's of German heritage. Brendan's father first name is an unusual spelling for an American name. He's also VERY intelligent based on his profession and academic accomplishments.

Brendan appears to have been a young men with a lot of potential who fell in with the wrong crowd. Extremely sad. Hopefully his killer(s) will be discovered and brought to justice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back