Statement Analysis & Related Info

Below is a link to the police report. Scroll down to "Additional Info" and see the 3rd paragraph where Misty tells the officer that:

....she got up to get a drink

...noticed Haleigh was gone,

...went to look for Haleigh and then noticed the door was open.

How many versions are there now?

Police Report Link

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/02/13/putnam.pdf

Are we to assume a corded telephone in this situation? And they both had a phone if we are to believe their story...The whole thing stinks to high heaven imo.
No. I think they were both on cell phones, imo. Wouldn't the question from dispatch indicate it was not a landline as the address would automatically come up there? 911 asked for the "numerical" which was ridiculous, too. Most dispatchers would ask for the address not the "numerical". As a matter of fact, I have never heard 911not simply ask for the address.

You can't call for additional help if you are tied up in a call to 911 which is evidently what they did do by calling TN and others.

I would not have stayed on the call with them in that situation either. I would have been looking for Haleigh and calling neighbors, family, others to come help, too. I guess it is why I don't consider it a big deal.

I agree that dispatch wasn't going to be immediate help especially since it would take much longer for a deputy to arrive in a country type setting.

The need to start looking was immediate and my response would not have been much different.

I can see the urgency and desire to get them off the phone.

{bolding mine) I agree, Seriously Searching, that there is urgency and panic in a missing child situation.

However, I don't see the need for Ron cursing the 911 operator and hanging up on them. His termininating the call could be easily accomplished by a simply "thanks; bye" or just "good bye" click - without the cursing name-calling and hanging up in someone's face.

Panic to me does equal name-calling and rudeness to someone trying to help.

MOO

I know I'm an OCD anal retentive nit-picker... (heh heh) but it's just plain odd to me that Misty starts the 911 call with...
(wait for it...... wait for it....) . :D . HERSELF.

MISTY: "...Um... I was... I just woke up.... and our door was wide open.... and we can't find our daughter...."

I know everyone deals with panic differently and there is no one right way to panic. I get that. But there are norms and patterns to what people say and when comparing what was said to the end result of whoever did "it" -- whatever it was, there are patterns that emerge to use a guidlines or tools; (ok, not "proof.")

She clears herself first. (I just woke up)

She adds the door;

See? It's clearly a stranger/slash/ intruder or the door wouldn't be open.... and furthermore, we're gonna leave the door OPEN til the cops get here to prove it. yeah OK.

THEN she mentions Haleigh... as our daughter.

Exactly, sounds like she was told to make the call........
I would think a person would say 'Please help Haleigh is gone, she's missing and we need help!'......but she tells everything first way before she mentions Haleigh is gone!

Kant thankyou for the links to read!
It sure helps to study these morons that do crimes!

I would not have stayed on the call with them in that situation either. I would have been looking for Haleigh and calling neighbors, family, others to come help, too. I guess it is why I don't consider it a big deal. I agree that dispatch wasn't going to be immediate help especially since it would take much longer for a deputy to arrive in a country type setting. The need to start looking was immediate and my response would not have been much different. I can see the urgency and desire to get them off the phone.

Ron could easily have gone outside, alerted the neighbors and looked for Haleigh while Misty was on the phone with the dispatcher. He had his own phone. Why was he hanging around doing nothing but shouting in the background? Why the hang up? It makes no sense.

No. I think they were both on cell phones, imo. Wouldn't the question from dispatch indicate it was not a landline as the address would automatically come up there? 911 asked for the "numerical" which was ridiculous, too. Most dispatchers would ask for the address not the "numerical". As a matter of fact, I have never heard 911not simply ask for the address.

You can't call for additional help if you are tied up in a call to 911 which is evidently what they did do by calling TN and others.

Ron had his phone to call for additional help, he wasn't all tangled up in that 911 call, on the contrary, he made Misty do that! Maybe he's not that good of an actor, imo.

Additionally, it seems to me if you don't want to be on the phone, you make one call and tell Them to contact everyone. Again, jmo

But since we're on the analysis thread, I encourage you to peruse the articles listed...they are wonderfully insightful and applicable to this case.

I would not have stayed on the call with them in that situation either. I would have been looking for Haleigh and calling neighbors, family, others to come help, too. I guess it is why I don't consider it a big deal. I agree that dispatch wasn't going to be immediate help especially since it would take much longer for a deputy to arrive in a country type setting. The need to start looking was immediate and my response would not have been much different. I can see the urgency and desire to get them off the phone.

He didn't have to stay in the house yelling about his dumb b^tch gf. He could have been out yelling her name, waking the neighbors, even blocking the only road in and out of the area. Did they only have one phone? Why not just keep Misty talking to 911, while he did something else, or called someone else? And Why did he have her call them, Haleigh is his daughter.
Therefore, having Misty do the calling and talking, and hanging up when he is asked to answer questions says something. I don't know what, but it says something.
RC avoids, and denies, personality, or conscience?

According to the article about guilty and innocent callers, Misty did everything a guilty caller did.
RC is harder to tell, he did things that the innocent and the guilty callers did.
The alibi being the most obvious. The freaking out, and demanding help quickly goes toward innocent, as examples.

Giving 911 as much info as possible for an amber alert was important, and the dispatcher told them why she was asking the questions. Hanging up on them, and in the manner in which it was done was inappropiate, and unnecessary. If someone took her, as the father is so convinced happened within seconds of arriving, then blocking the road would have been what I would have been doing, that and trying to remember what every single car looked like that passed me on the way home. He is completely unhelpful, and even when LE arrives he continues to be too emotional to answer questions, and yet he seems well able to control himself when needed, ie GR interview.

Below is a link to the police report. Scroll down to "Additional Info" and see the 3rd paragraph where Misty tells the officer that:

Police Report Link

Newest version:

...noticed the back door was open
...went back to her bedroom to get her cell phone to call Ron
...noticed Haleigh was missing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe0zHiLtgo

He didn't have to stay in the house yelling about his dumb b^tch gf. He could have been out yelling her name, waking the neighbors, even blocking the only road in and out of the area. Did they only have one phone? Why not just keep Misty talking to 911, while he did something else, or called someone else? And Why did he have her call them, Haleigh is his daughter. Therefore, having Misty do the calling and talking, and hanging up when he is asked to answer questions says something. I don't know what, but it says something.
RC avoids, and denies, personality, or conscience?

According to the article about guilty and innocent callers, Misty did everything a guilty caller did.
RC is harder to tell, he did things that the innocent and the guilty callers did.
The alibi being the most obvious. The freaking out, and demanding help quickly goes toward innocent, as examples.
thanks bolded by me..........ditto from what I understand also

Re Misty and the 911 call-- what's with the "my daughter" fiction? I mean, really, fgs she started out with a bald faced lie! Why?

The only reason I can come up with is to justify why it was her, rather than Ron, placing that call. In my mind, it adds up to Misty not feeling she was the responsible party...in essence, she was falsely inserting herself. Thoughts?

mods, it would be nice if the links that Kant gave us could be a sticky for ALL cases, very helpful!

Police Report Link

The police report says Misty stated that she woke just BEFORE three! So If we are to believe she "saw" three, are we pushed back now to 2:53 a.m.?! That's a solid half hour before the 911 call. Stage-o-rama imo

The police report says Misty stated that she woke just BEFORE three! So If we are to believe she "saw" three, are we pushed back now to 2:53 a.m.?! That's a solid half hour before the 911 call. Stage-o-rama imo

According to the latest account, Misty called Ron as soon as she noticed that the back door was open and Ron was just pulling up in the driveway.

Now both of them have to explain why they waited so long to call 911.

Quiche, LOL.... stage-o-rama.. :D:D:D

If I don't laugh sometimes, I'd be crying all the time.

http://clintvanzandt.newsvine.com/_...ng-5-year-old-florida-girl-says-i-didnt-do-it

Kant thanks for Clint Van Zandt's site also.........great article of what he thinks, going back to read his others

Hey, Passionflower, did you take a look at the comments section ? OMG.....

As I mentioned, Clint (aka CVZ) answers many questions or responds in general to the comments.

I wanted to post some of that b/c of the interesting nature of CVZ's answers, but the questions were so.... what's the word.... inflammatory, (?).... or, let's just say, less than complimentary to the Cummings that I was ah-skeered to post them b/c I'm not wearing my protective armor at the moment - heh heh. .:D

Re Misty and the 911 call-- what's with the "my daughter" fiction? I mean, really, fgs she started out with a bald faced lie! Why?

The only reason I can come up with is to justify why it was her, rather than Ron, placing that call. In my mind, it adds up to Misty not feeling she was the responsible party...in essence, she was falsely inserting herself. Thoughts?
(bolding mine) Yes, Quiche, I noticed that too.

Also, in one of those articles, (I forget which one) it says that the "perp" rarely likes to be the one to make the 911 call; They generally prefer to snag someone else to do it or at least get someone else to initiate it and get the ball rolling.

There is an even weirder aspect here too IMO, given that Ron is the "adult," legally speaking and he is the bio parent. It is his home. Well, you get my drift.

So..imo...gotta throw ya a big fat...

HINK!...

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member