Trial Thread 4/12/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
RaffertyLFP: Derstine asks the woman if she took oxycodone. She says no but is familiar with the drug

Derstine asks Hodge is she uses oxycontin. Then questions about the pills Rafferty had. No more questions

(Hodge had not used oxycontin. Recognized the pills)

RaffertyLFP: The court is recessed for 20 minutes

Why did he ask her that?

On the subject of dating, it appears that MR had no problem attracting the ladies ... Just couldn't seem to keep them interested for long. Not surprising that he was seeing several ... With POF and his being new in the area there was a fresh supply of fishettes who would like to meet him. I would think the problem is more one of their realizing that he has no steady job, no assets, a crappy car and gets attached too quickly. Gals in their twenties are lookin for a gy with more going for him, so they bail.

I think that within that age group, the idea of exclusivity while first dating has Gone With the Wind.
JMO

Well the numbers just keep piling up. This is bordering on a sexual disorder like sexual addiction or obsession or something IMO.

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
She says he was really interested in the #ToriStafford investigation. He also talked to her about caring for McClintic while she was in jail

Well, of course he was really interested in the investigation...wanting to see just how close LE was to him!!

Here are the tweets regarding the car seat and when it was removed.

http://twitter.com/#!/AM980_Court

To me this means the car seat was gone before the abduction, the witness was wrong the first time, after he re-reads his notes he recalls that, yes in fact the seat was in the shed on March 29th. Earlier in his testimony he said that he saw it out in the trash for spring clean up, which was when the Crown asked when he saw it. Derstine crossed to ask if the seat was in fact out of the car prior to the abduction, which means if the seat wasn't there when Tori was abducted, TLM was not instructed by MR to cut out chunks of the seat because of blood, etc.

Yes, I agree the seat was out of the car on March 29th per this witness. I do not agree the seat was not put back in the car after the installation of the stereo equipment. Also - when the witness said he saw a tear in the seat, he was speaking of the seat as he saw it on March 29th.

It appears from all of the testimony that when the seat was in the cleanup pile, it had furniture on it and it could not be fully observed - so the witnesses did not know if chunks were cut out of it or not.

HTH,

Salem

Well the numbers just keep piling up. This is bordering on a sexual disorder like sexual addiction or obsession or something IMO.

I had just wondered that. I have a friend who's wasband turned out to be a sex addict. It was horrible, horrible, horrible. Anyway he now has a profile up on Plenty of Fish. Wish I could warn the women who take his bait.

I'm thinking back to the piece of paper in his glove compartment that looked like it was from packaging of some sort, SWAGGA, if that was from the new speaker I'd be really interested to see what day he bought the speaker. Hope LE found that receipt along with all the others he had saved. If the defense is trying to say that's why he took the seat out, maybe they could prove when he bought the speaker. IMO not gonna happen.:moo:

To try to discredit her saying MTR was taking Oxy. I think he was implying that she doesn't actually know what Oxy is and therefore can't truthfully say he was taking oxy.

I also think Derstine was hoping that if she said she did take Oxy's, that perhaps she had taken some the day she was with MTR and that her conversations with MTR were misunderstood because she was stoned and hoping the jury might think so too. All just MOO

Linda Nguyen ‏ @LindaNguyenPN
She says he was really interested in the #ToriStafford investigation. He also talked to her about caring for McClintic while she was in jail

Well, of course he was really interested in the investigation...wanting to see just how close LE was to him!!

I think he was also trying to impress her that he had connections to something that was was big news. He was using TLM to impress women. Lol

This might be taken out of context. Did he speak to her about the subject of kids getting abducted? Or did he speak to her about abducting kids with her. Big difference.

Either way - nice way to start a conversation and test the waters, so to speak. Very interesting that he is having this conversation with her.

Salem

The jury has returned.

The crown has called their next witness.

RaffertyLFP: The next witness is a 40 year-old woman who met Rafferty on April 12 2009 on the Plenty of Fish dating website

She's 40. Met Rafferty April 12th, 2009.

On the subject of dating, it appears that MR had no problem attracting the ladies ... Just couldn't seem to keep them interested for long. Not surprising that he was seeing several ... With POF and his being new in the area there was a fresh supply of fishettes who would like to meet him. I would think the problem is more one of their realizing that he has no steady job, no assets, a crappy car and gets attached too quickly. Gals in their twenties are lookin for a gy with more going for him, so they bail.

I think that within that age group, the idea of exclusivity while first dating has Gone With the Wind.
JMO

Yep, we know from what he posted on POF was nothing but lies. I'm sure once those young ladies met him in person they got a whole different feeling. As the old saying goes, "don't judge a book by it's cover", they read the intro and that was enough for a few. MR is a known liar so I'm sure he lied about many a things, such as the organizer of contractors (or however that was worded). He tried to make himself seem more important than he actually was. Glad some young ladies saw through his facade. Maybe his demand for deviant sex scared them away? It still creeps me out when I read about TLM's blood being found with MR's sperm on the front passenger seat.<modsnip>. But he was so needy to have someone help him carry out his sick sexual fantasy, seems he pushed himself on TLM knowing he found his perfect match. Creepy. :moo:

Speaking of trying to impress people, the name Glen Abbey rolled out of MR's mouth so quickly when LE asked him where he was working in Oakville. No umm's or hmmm's on that one!

Just wondering if there will be a witness from Glen Abbey to say whether he did work for them or not.

Never did really know if MTR was talking about the college or golf course.

MOO

I had just wondered that. I have a friend who's wasband turned out to be a sex addict. It was horrible, horrible, horrible. Anyway he now has a profile up on Plenty of Fish. Wish I could warn the women who take his bait.

New word of the day! He is no longer your Ex - he is now your WASBAND. I love it! I'm going to start using this new word.

Daisy - I'm not making fun of you, this is the best typo I think I have ever seen and I love the way it came out "wasband." :blowkiss:

Salem

Yes, I agree the seat was out of the car on March 29th per this witness. I do not agree the seat was not put back in the car after the installation of the stereo equipment. Also - when the witness said he saw a tear in the seat, he was speaking of the seat as he saw it on March 29th.

It appears from all of the testimony that when the seat was in the cleanup pile, it had furniture on it and it could not be fully observed - so the witnesses did not know if chunks were cut out of it or not.

HTH,

Salem

We are all entitled to our own interpretation of the evidence presented, my opinion is the seat was never put back in as there has been no testimony to date saying "I saw MR put the seat in on such and such a date".

Also a witness did testify that there were no chunks cut out of the seat, we don't know the exact date however because no one asked, and the the Crown did not redirect to specifically ask that question such as when he saw the seat without any chunks cut out, before or after the abduction. Based on that information alone, my humble opinion is that the seat was never put back in the car, and there were never chunks cut out of the fabric and TLM is lying - JMO

Derstine asks if chunks were cut out of the seat. Griswold says no. Just one cut. No more questions

http://twitter.com/#!/AM980_Court

RaffertyLFP: Rafferty called her on the phone after meeting online They first met on April 12 and last met on May 17 shortly before h is arrest

She also met Rafferty on Plenty of Fish. She messaged with him at 2 am. on the Sunday, they also spoke on the phone.

RaffertyLFP: The woman said they had a dating relationship for about five weeks. She said she always drove when they went on dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23