GUILTY NE - Kerra Wilson, 8, Mitchell, 21 Sep 2011

Hi everyone, just heard about this case tonight on Nancy Grace. I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, but my ears always go up when I hear of a missing child. Just watched the press conference & two things stood out to me 1) the lady speaker stated that LE would prefer that community volunteers NOT conduct searches because "it could hurt our case" and 2) Kerra could not be entered into AMBER alert because case does not meet the criteria???? Tell me if you disagree, but this seems to scream to me that they think one or both of the parents did something to this child. If LE is already thinking they are building a case, then it would seem they know more than they are saying. And LE apparently does not think an abduction occurred, since they can't enter the info into AMBER alert. Also, odd that the parents did not appear at the press conference - all just IMO.

Going to a radio website posted earlier, I followed links to what are evidently sister stations. I wish I had kept track because on one of those was an article about a child molester in Morrin being sentanced for molesting 2 sisters for years, starting when they were 4 and 6. This happened just a day or two before Kerra disappeared.

Hi everyone, just heard about this case tonight on Nancy Grace. I don't live anywhere near Nebraska, but my ears always go up when I hear of a missing child. Just watched the press conference & two things stood out to me 1) the lady speaker stated that LE would prefer that community volunteers NOT conduct searches because "it could hurt our case" and 2) Kerra could not be entered into AMBER alert because case does not meet the criteria???? Tell me if you disagree, but this seems to scream to me that they think one or both of the parents did something to this child. If LE is already thinking they are building a case, then it would seem they know more than they are saying. And LE apparently does not think an abduction occurred, since they can't enter the info into AMBER alert. Also, odd that the parents did not appear at the press conference - all just IMO.

I understand your point - but - Amber Alert criteria was not met in this case (Amber Alert needs to be REVISED imo) and maybe parents are totally overwhelmed at this point and cannot speak on camera?

But not sure why LE is advising against community searches.......

While LE often does not like volunteers to search, I don't think I have heard them say that it could "hurt their case" before. Maybe they are afraid of volunteers finding and mishandling evidence?

I'm kinda confused about the actual time the parent(s) was/were notified that Kerra was not in school and the time she was reported as missing to LE.

I understand your point - but - Amber Alert criteria was not met in this case (Amber Alert needs to be REVISED imo) and maybe parents are totally overwhelmed at this point and cannot speak on camera?

But not sure why LE is advising against community searches.......

Good point, Crocus, having a child go missing, with no news after two days would no doubt be overwhelming and no one knows how they would handle it if they haven't been there, and thankfully I haven't been there.

I agree that a change needs to be made with Amber Alert. Common sense would suggest there is a strong possibility this child could have been abducted.

I wonder if that truck in the photo belongs to the stepdad?

Sounds similar to the circulated photos of the white truck in Kyron's case.....ugh.

I'm kinda confused about the actual time the parent(s) was/were notified that Kerra was not in school and the time she was reported as missing to LE.

Here is a link to a local news station article in which the school principal states that the mother was notified at noon, then she & the stepfather met with him at 2pm, after which LE was called.

http://http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=sp6utynp

Here is a link to a local news station article in which the school principal states that the mother was notified at noon, then she & the stepfather met with him at 2pm, after which LE was called.

http://http://kneb.com/news/index.php?more=sp6utynp

Why would they wait to have a meeting before calling LE? Wait 2 hours? When you find out your child didn't make it to school, and wasn't home with you?

Unless this has been a chronic issue with Kerra? Maybe this isn't the first time she didn't go to school and they thought she'd turn up in one of her "normal" places?

I question whether the child was actually dropped off at the school....

Why would they wait to have a meeting before calling LE? Wait 2 hours? When you find out your child didn't make it to school, and wasn't home with you?

Unless this has been a chronic issue with Kerra? Maybe this isn't the first time she didn't go to school and they thought she'd turn up in one of her "normal" places?

Further down in the article, Kuxhausen (the school principal) says "they have never had a student get dropped off for school and not enter the building until now". So it doesn't sound like this has been an issue with Kerra before. And I also wondered why the parents waited two hours to meet with the principal and then decided to call LE.

I question whether the child was actually dropped off at the school....

I'm getting to that point myself. Either way....it is really starting to look grim for this sweet little girl. If she was hiding they probably would've found her today.
I was really hoping......

It is odd that LE uses the word "case" as in not to damage their case (reason why they don't want volunteer searchers) yet won't use the word abduction either. If a child wandered away from school, would that be an LE case? (I don't believe she did or that they believe it-that is why I am wondering how they are seeing this "case.")

Where are you Kerra? Praying for your safe return before sunrise...

Most of us here at Websleuths are all too familiar with this scenario...unfortunately. When they clear the step father, I will then consider abduction and other thoughts.

I don't even know if this thread should say "last seen at school" until we know she was seen at or near the school. JMO

Personally, I think the average 3rd grader is OK to drop off as it was at this school and not walk the child into the school or to the classroom. JMO.

We will be hearing about NG walking her children to school and into the classroom till they enter college. Why does she always make me feel like I was the worst mother?

They don't want volunteer searches?..this isn't looking good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back