FL - 17-yo Teen Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the only person in danger when the New Black Panther Party shows up with a sign like that is George Zimmerman.

But he's well hidden...

It's that kind of incendiary call to violence that promotes . . . well, violence.

You are changing the question. The question was how did LE id Martin so quickly in the police reports. You replied:

My comment was that police COULDN'T have id'd him by his phone: He had a lock on it. With out the unlock code, LE could not access any of the records, logs, contacts, etc in the phone. The question had nothing to do with who actually had the phone, but about how LE id'd Martin.

So ... In that case how comes that they have Trayvons name on the police report? And still have him as John Doe in autopsie? Or why did LE say they didn't have the phone but had it anyway?.... And why didn't they inform the family until the next day since they ID'd him...?

Good grief.... The big thing is everything coming from Sanford LE is questionable .....

Please let us try to accept each ones opinion with respecting each other, even if we agree to disagree .... Let us honor Trayvon and his family and work toward justice in peace...

My prayers to all

Micci

BTW HLN is now confirming that the tapes had Zimmermen calling Trayvon a "******in coon"

I'm watching HLN and one of the commentators who heard the tape said Zimmerman's words were "I'ts effin COLD". Another commentator, who also heard the tapes, did not deny this. She sure wants to make it racial though. I didn't realize Martin was 17, I thought he was a little kid - are the pictures they are showing all the time current?

So ... In that case how comes that they have Trayvons name on the police report? And still have him as John Doe in autopsie? Or why did LE say they didn't have the phone but had it anyway?.... And why didn't they inform the family until the next day since they ID'd him...?

Good grief.... The big thing is everything coming from Sanford LE is questionable .....

Please let us try to accept each ones opinion with respecting each other, even if we agree to disagree .... Let us honor Trayvon and his family and work toward justice in peace...

My prayers to all

Micci

And how was the phone locked if he was just on it mere moments before his murder?

Doesn't your phone lock after you shut it down?

I'm watching HLN and one of the commentators who heard the tape said Zimmerman's words were "I'ts effin COLD". Another commentator, who also heard the tapes, did not deny this. She sure wants to make it racial though. I didn't realize Martin was 17, I thought he was a little kid - are the pictures they are showing all the time current?

No. The football one appears to be from middle school. The only current pic I've seen of him is the one with the light colored hoodie. The rest are childhood pics.

The king riots were in the 90's we hadn't progressed then. This is a highly volatile situation, and it only continues to grow. There is only so much tension that can build, and then it needs to be released. By the police, and DOJ lack of action, it is only continuing to grow the tension. There are people all over the United states willing to go out to a protest in their local city because of this. This is no longer a Sandford issue, it is a NATIONAL issue.

There should be a national uproar over everyone who is killed, every day, regardless of their color, nationality, age, location, creed, gender, etc. The motive behind EVERY murder is hate. Love doesn't kill.

How do we know the entire article was inaccurate? Trayvon was not a child and we don't know if it was him screaming as of yet.

Are you implying that the moderators have this thread in the wrong section? It says "Crimes Against Children."

I don't believe most of the photos are current.

BBM Local (orlando) radio was reporting Zimmerman did /was trying to buy another weapon because police have not released the one he used in the shooting.

brought in for questioning, his car wasn't searched, his gun wasn't taken or tested, he wasn't drug or alcohol tested despite finding him with a gun after killing an unarmed boy walking back home to his family.

This seems like the most blatantly incompetent excuse for an investigation I've ever heard of. It almost defies belief. I've never heard of anyone involved in a shooting that is not interrogated afterward-this guy just takes his gun and goes merrily on his way.

There should be a national uproar over everyone who is killed, every day, regardless of their color, nationality, age, location, creed, gender, etc. The motive behind EVERY murder is hate. Love doesn't kill.

Then we will be uproraring day in and day out.

I certainly think he was suspected, and followed because he was Black.

I don't think that's why he was killed. I believe he was killed because GZ was in fact in real danger of serious injury or death.

And that's it, in a nutshell. For all the discussions of whether it's right to follow someone, what the reasons were the GZ suspected Trayvon of wrongdoing, all those things are extraneous details IMHO.

The nutshell. Did GZ have reason to believe he was in serious danger at the moment he pulled his gun and shot Trayvon? I say it's likely.

Nope , do not buy that. He shot him in the rage after he got a bloody nose.
And the way that insane law is written, you shoot to kill. Can not leave a witness behind that could contradict your self defense story.

The Associated Press ‏ @AP

Retweet
Favorite
· Open

BREAKING: Florida governor appoints new prosecutor in investigation into the killing of unarmed black teenager.

https://twitter.com/#!/AP

I think you're very wise to stay home. Al Sharpton may have a presence, and people, who can help focus the peaceful rally for change, but when the New Black Panther Party shows up with Wanted: Zimmerman Alive or Dead signs, I don't think any of the ralliers are safe there.

Really? Not being snarky but really?

I hope the protest is peaceful. This is about justice for a 17 year old kid named Trayvon Martin who was shot dead. I hope and pray this quest for justice is not smeared by violent acts or wild wild west WANTED posters.

moo

wm

brought in for questioning, his car wasn't searched, his gun wasn't taken or tested, he wasn't drug or alcohol tested despite finding him with a gun after killing an unarmed boy walking back home to his family.

This seems like the most blatantly incompetent excuse for an investigation I've ever heard of. It almost defies belief. I've never heard of anyone involved in a shooting that is not interrogated afterward-this guy just takes his gun and goes merrily on his way.

None of us know any of these things, except in fact they did demand his gun and he willingly gave it to them.

We don't know what testing was done for drugs or alcohol. The test surely could have been done. Why would his car need to be searched? I don't think there is anyone at all who thinks the car was involved in this.

Hyperbole aside, the phone didn't pick up everything that happened. I doubt he would have called LE if he were out to stalk him like prey.
In Zimmerman's own 911 call he admits to going after Tray to the dispatch officer. We know what happened next, Trayvon was dead just minutes later.

I'll just agree that we disagree on this one. :)

Really? Not being snarky but really?

I hope the protest is peaceful. This is about justice for a 17 year old kid named Trayvon Martin who was shot dead. I hope and pray this quest for justice is not smeared by violent acts or wild wild west WANTED posters.

moo

wm

Do you not find that sign a clear threat on Zimmerman's life? Do you think they chose that wording to be kind of funny and nostalgic?

No. That's a threat.

I am really impressed by the turnout at the rally!!

Hyperbole aside, the phone didn't pick up everything that happened. I doubt he would have called LE if he were out to stalk him like prey.

Then what was his justification for following TM which no evidence that TM had committed a crime? LE asked him not to pursue and he did. This happened because GZ pursued TM and did not know if there was even a crime. If GZ stayed in his car and waited for LE it never would have happened. There was no personal crime against GZ, none he could report, nothing, he had no legal right to go after someone without just cause. GZ had none at the time he was in his truck. His cause was he didn't want this guy to get away when there was no proof TM did anything wrong. Plus TM could have bolted and out run the guy and didn't do that he just tried to walk faster. I'm a woman and had this happened to me where someone did not identify themselves and started to follow me it would scare the holy "you know what" out of me. And if there were something lying on the ground that could be used as a weapon I'd have picked it up to protect myself and would have been shot in the process.

I think the Grand Jury will do their job we just have to wait for it. jmo

Perhaps Zimmerman did feel his life was in danger, and was screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!" because he kwew he was armed, and was desperately hoping some one else would intervene before he had to resort with deadly force. I know I would want to try all alternatives before I killed some one, even in self defense.

Tray can be heard on a recording screaming "HELP!" less than a second before Zimmerman shot him dead.

Does that mean that you think Tray was beating Zimmerman up to the point that Zimmerman felt his life was in danger....but all the while that Tray is supposedly beating the crap out of Zimmerman he is screaming "NO, NO, HELP, NO, HELP!"

Interesting viewpoint....and I can't even fathom it.

Last time I checked, my 17-year-old niece is still a child? She's still in High School. She can not vote. She can not buy cigarettes. She lives at home. She has a job where she is protected under "Child Labor Laws." I can go on and on.

17-years-old is still a child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member