Anthony's Computer Forensics

The early morning activity could be an automatic update/back-up/virus scan. Mine runs from 3-4 am.

The early morning activity could be an automatic update/back-up/virus scan. Mine runs from 3-4 am.

Good point. I normally do not leave my desktop computer on overnight. To me it is like leaving a light on in a room (actually, four lights). But, I recently learned my parents and one brother do, so it may not be all that uncommon.

Sorry, I don't buy the tragic accident. She was given plenty of oportunities to BS her way out that way and didn't take them. Because all would have required her to reveal where caylee is. There is something about the body that would directly implicate her in a deliberate act.

One thing I would be interested to see is what network the laptop was connected to during each period of activity?

Not an accident......KC would call 911, or CA/GA would if KC called anyone!
KC would have tremdous sympathy from all. IMO, she investigated ways to murder some one on computer........shovel, household weapons and choroform,
not buying accident..........killing in a rage maybe, but I feel premeditated,
get rid of the snothead theory. Bless little Caylee :furious:

Snipped

From noon to 2 PM there is no HP activity, supporting George's statements he saw the two and they left around 1 PM. However, from 2 to 3 - after George has left for work - the usage goes way up. This is the second most active period of either computer during this time.

Usage abruptly ends at 3 PM. I suspect Casey was preoccupied from 2 to 3 and not paying attention to Caylee. Around 3 PM, I submit, is when Casey discovers something awful happened to Caylee. :eek:

I just wanted to comment that I have a daughter just about the same age as Caylee. So I am pretty experienced in toddler behavior. I know that if you get them out of their 'routine' that they are pretty unruley. This is what I see: Noon to 2 no activity- This could be lunch and getting ready for naps. If GA says he saw them leave, that may be true, but KC might have brought her back for a nap a little later. This would explain the 2-3 very active computer time. This could be when Caylee is napping. I just don't see KC leaving at that time for all afternoon. Toddlers need their naps and this gives her plenty of alone time to do her computer stuff.

I just wanted to comment that I have a daughter just about the same age as Caylee. So I am pretty experienced in toddler behavior. I know that if you get them out of their 'routine' that they are pretty unruley. This is what I see: Noon to 2 no activity- This could be lunch and getting ready for naps. If GA says he saw them leave, that may be true, but KC might have brought her back for a nap a little later. This would explain the 2-3 very active computer time. This could be when Caylee is napping. I just don't see KC leaving at that time for all afternoon. Toddlers need their naps and this gives her plenty of alone time to do her computer stuff.

I agree they need their naps, but my experience with my now 4 1/2 year old girl was, she stopped napping just after she turned 1. Not my choice - hers. She would play quietly during "nap time" until about 2 years of age, and then after that she played wherever.

She needed the nap as 5 PM meltdowns proved, but there was nothing I could do short of sedation to get her to sleep.

Did I just say sedation? :waitasec:

First - huge TY to JWG for taking the time to lay all this out!

Not debating this theory...there's room for plenty-o-theories...just thought I'd toss 'nother one out there...jus' for grins. :)

IIRC, Tony stayed home from class 6/17 to be w/ Casey, yet, he wasn't certain Casey actually stayed WITH HIM that night (someone ck me please). He could be saying 6/16PM-6/17AM vs. 6/17PM-6/18AM.

Let's say...for speculating purposes based on the computer forensics...

1) The HP usage 6/17 1AM-5AM was Casey...seems like Casey-time, IMHO.
2) This would mean, IF proven with the use details, Casey went back to G&C's 6/16 after 11:17PM (her last ping @ Tony's apt.) without Caylee. IF she encountered anyone @ G&C's it woulda been George (Cindy sleeping for work). Casey coulda told George she left Caylee with the Nanny since she allegedly already told George they might stay out that night anyway when they allegedly left ~12:50PM Monday, 6/16.
3) Casey coulda used the HP to look-up some stuff until 5'ish, then, drove back to Tony's...her first ping-o-the-day being @ 10:52AM @ Tony's 6/17.

This scenario would have George & Cindy covering a...Casey-came-home-without-Caylee 6/16PM...which would blow even bigger holes in the defense than already exist today.

While the HP usage on June 17 does seem like "Casey-time" don't you find returning to the A family home in the wee hours of the morning without Caylee just a bit too risky for Casey?

Perhaps GA or CA simply woke up and decided to get on the computer. If we knew what websites were being accessed at that time I'm sure we'd know exactly who was on the HP computer.

If Casey did come home in the dark of night, without Caylee, and got on the home computer then I would assume what she needed to do must have been VERY IMPORTANT (like deleting stuff?).

T

this thought just came to me. 6/16 she calls AL (i think 3:35) wants to watch movies and spend the night, he agrees to not go in to class on the 17th so they can spend time together. Maybe the flurry of calls was so mom & dad would babysit. But, no answer, she thinks they are avoiding her because of the fight this makes her angry and she kills Caylee. Now she can stay with AL. just a theory.

With regard to the late night computer activity, I wonder, with Cindy's penchant for having to know all details of absolutely everything in her family, that there were nights when she decided to get up and check to see what George had been doing online. From what we have learned of their marriage, she would be pretty mistrustful of him, and from what she's shared of her personality, I would have to keep this as a possibility.

While the HP usage on June 17 does seem like "Casey-time" don't you find returning to the A family home in the wee hours of the morning without Caylee just a bit too risky for Casey?

Perhaps GA or CA simply woke up and decided to get on the computer. If we knew what websites were being accessed at that time I'm sure we'd know exactly who was on the HP computer.

If Casey did come home in the dark of night, without Caylee, and got on the home computer then I would assume what she needed to do must have been VERY IMPORTANT (like deleting stuff?).

T

I don't believe the early morning usage on the 17th was Casey. She would have to have a darn good reason to want to sneak out of bed from AL, sneak into mom and dad's, use the computer, sneak back out of mom and dad's and sneak back into bed at AL's. Any one step might be possible but successfully executing all five seems highly unlikely.

And again, what would the reason be? We already know she returned there on the afternoon of the 17th, 18th, and 20th during the afternoon when mom and dad were not there.

this thought just came to me. 6/16 she calls AL (i think 3:35) wants to watch movies and spend the night, he agrees to not go in to class on the 17th so they can spend time together. Maybe the flurry of calls was so mom & dad would babysit. But, no answer, she thinks they are avoiding her because of the fight this makes her angry and she kills Caylee. Now she can stay with AL. just a theory.

The simplest theory is at times the answer. But the cloroform searches early one with the other searches throws this off. Unless she planned to kill her at a later time and the day came earlier. Or her plan was always to keep her drugged in the car while she hung out and then one day it became too much and she ended it.

With regard to the late night computer activity, I wonder, with Cindy's penchant for having to know all details of absolutely everything in her family, that there were nights when she decided to get up and check to see what George had been doing online. From what we have learned of their marriage, she would be pretty mistrustful of him, and from what she's shared of her personality, I would have to keep this as a possibility.

Well he did lose the family's savings on an internet scam which he blamed on internet gambling.

The simplest theory is at times the answer. But the cloroform searches early one with the other searches throws this off. Unless she planned to kill her at a later time and the day came earlier. Or her plan was always to keep her drugged in the car while she hung out and then one day it became too much and she ended it.

I agree, simpler is better.

The searches in question were done 3 months prior. Maybe they are related to Caylee's death, maybe not. Remember she was still dating Ric at the time and he had that chloroform picture on his myspace, probably to be funny (hey, I have an odd sense of humor too that may not be shared by all others).

So, perhaps Casey just thought she'd poke around on the web to learn more. And in the process of clicking around she ran across more things that caused her to throw some odd stuff into Google. What we see right now in the evidence dump is search history on a few interesting words, but what we don't see is the total context - especially all the web pages she subsequently visited.

I am willing to bet that if I randomly selected anyone on Websleuths for a computer forensic examination that I could cherry pick their Google search history and imply a very chilling and sinister plot was brewing in their mind.
:devil:

Consider this: the prosecutors office is cherry-picking what they release to the public - release large amounts of information that may have once been interesting to them but has since been deemed irrelevent. Add to the mix relevent information, and you end up with a volitale information cocktail. This would send the public and media on wild goose-chases and let speculation run rampant, all the time painting Casey as a bigger and bigger monster. This serves to really turn up the heat on the defense, hoping to force them to the table - or keep them guessing. :waitasec:

I agree, simpler is better.

The searches in question were done 3 months prior. Maybe they are related to Caylee's death, maybe not. Remember she was still dating Ric at the time and he had that chloroform picture on his myspace, probably to be funny (hey, I have an odd sense of humor too that may not be shared by all others).

So, perhaps Casey just thought she'd poke around on the web to learn more. And in the process of clicking around she ran across more things that caused her to throw some odd stuff into Google. What we see right now in the evidence dump is search history on a few interesting words, but what we don't see is the total context - especially all the web pages she subsequently visited.

I am willing to bet that if I randomly selected anyone on Websleuths for a computer forensic examination that I could cherry pick their Google search history and imply a very chilling and sinister plot was brewing in their mind.
:devil:

Consider this: the prosecutors office is cherry-picking what they release to the public - release large amounts of information that may have once been interesting to them but has since been deemed irrelevent. Add to the mix relevent information, and you end up with a volitale information cocktail. This would send the public and media on wild goose-chases and let speculation run rampant, all the time painting Casey as a bigger and bigger monster. This serves to really turn up the heat on the defense, hoping to force them to the table - or keep them guessing. :waitasec:

I whole heartedly agree. Why search "shovel" I mean really, it had to be in with something else that would narrow down a search. I would get LWOP if they built a case on my searches. LOL

Many have ascribed a great deal of significance to KC's mid-March computer searches that seemed to scream premeditation. I think there is a more practical explanation.

First, let me start by saying I think LE and the prosecution got lucky when they found a search for chloroform on the computer and they found elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. I think they used this coincidence to apply pressure to the defense and, more importantly, the parents. It may not have worked, but it was a good strategy.

It is important to look closely at what the prosecution did and did not release in the document dump in late November. What they did release were the clicks on websites with "google" in the name during mid-March. This gave us search terms and syndicated click-throughs. What it did not give us were the non-syndicated clicks that KC visited after searching. Those are the websites that are not paying $$$ for a high Google search result. That information, however, is in the data the prosecution retrieved from the hard drive and, I believe, the defense retrieved as well. The clicks KC made after searching should be quite informative.

Before I get into the details then, it is my opinion that the searches are not useful in making the prosecution's case, which may explain why of all the "Dream Team" members, the computer forensics expert is essentially a "newbie." They did not need to spend a lot of money debunking the computer searches because they are easy to debunk.

Here is the gist of my speculation:

Ricardo and KC started dating in early February 2008 and ended in mid-April 2008 (evidence page 2417).

Sometime in early to mid-March Ricardo puts the "Win her over with chloroform" image (chloroform.jpg) on his myspace. This image was created by someone around 2004 but appeared on a number of myspace pages in March 2008. I cannot confirm this is when it appeared on Ricardo's page, so anyone with a screen shot of that page may be able to help solve a mystery.

KC sees the image and wonders what the deal is with chloroform. Old people like me know what it is, but ask a senior in high school (such as my honors-student daughter) what it is, and most will have heard of it but not know what it is. I am betting KC fell into that category.

Here are the clicks from March 17:

17-Mar 9:36:12 Clicked a Google-hosted ad from a myspace page
13:43:41 Search chloraform
13:43:41 Search chloroform
13:54:26 Search alcohol
13:54:42 Search acetone
13:55:34 Search peroxide
13:53:25 to 13:58:38 Wikipedia searches for inhalation, chloroform, alcohol, acetone, peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, death

One should note that KC uses the default 10 results per page, and only once does she look at results 11 - 20. Using such generic terms and spending so little time between term, I believe she is doing nothing more than very high-level information gathering. This is what I got when putting the above into Google searches (adding -anthony).

Now let's look at the clicks on March 21:

21-Mar 14:16:30 Search how to make chloraform
14:16:30 Search how to make chloroform Google automatically suggested correct spelling
14:19:16 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:20:32 Search self defense
14:21:14 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:21:58 Search household weapons
14:22:01 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:23:08 Clicked a blog poll hosted by Google http://www.google.com/reviews/polls...emplate/run_app?txtclr=#666666&lnkclr=#5588aa
14:25:12 Clicked a Google syndicated ad
14:25:33 Search household weapons
14:25:54 Clicks http://books.google.com/books?id=_QMJNJIOKPEC&pg=PA79
14:26:18 Clicks http://books.google.com/books?id=_QMJNJIOKPEC&pg=PA79
14:26:24 Search neck breaking
14:28:18 Search shovel

Notice that one of the links is a women's self-defense book (visited twice) and the other is a zombie poll. All of this "research" was done in the span of 12 short minutes and we do not know what other non-Google websites were visited.

Rumor has it that Ricardo may have had a bit of a temper. So...KC finds the image on his myspace....researches chloroform...decides he might be capable of using it on her...researches self-defense...runs across suggestions of how some useful household items might be used in self-defense...such as a shovel...eventually "breaks up" with him in mid-April.

IMHO, the searches are unrelated to Caylee, but coincidentally helped the prosecution when no body was available.

Thank God little Caylee showed up when she did.

Many have ascribed a great deal of significance to KC's mid-March computer searches that seemed to scream premeditation. I think there is a more practical explanation.

First, let me start by saying I think LE and the prosecution got lucky when they found a search for chloroform on the computer and they found elevated levels of chloroform in the trunk. I think they used this coincidence to apply pressure to the defense and, more importantly, the parents. It may not have worked, but it was a good strategy.

It is important to look closely at what the prosecution did and did not release in the document dump in late November. What they did release were the clicks on websites with "google" in the name during mid-March. This gave us search terms and syndicated click-throughs. What it did not give us were the non-syndicated clicks that KC visited after searching. Those are the websites that are not paying $$$ for a high Google search result. That information, however, is in the data the prosecution retrieved from the hard drive and, I believe, the defense retrieved as well. The clicks KC made after searching should be quite informative.

Before I get into the details then, it is my opinion that the searches are not useful in making the prosecution's case, which may explain why of all the "Dream Team" members, the computer forensics expert is essentially a "newbie." They did not need to spend a lot of money debunking the computer searches because they are easy to debunk.

Ricardo and KC started dating in early February 2008 and ended in mid-April 2008 (evidence page 2417).

Sometime in early to mid-March Ricardo puts the "Win her over with chloroform" image (chloroform.jpg) on his myspace. This image was created by someone around 2004 but appeared on a number of myspace pages in March 2008. I cannot confirm this is when it appeared on Ricardo's page, so anyone with a screen shot of that page may be able to help solve a mystery.

KC sees the image and wonders what the deal is with chloroform. Old people like me know what it is, but ask a senior in high school (such as my honors-student daughter) what it is, and most will have heard of it but not know what it is. I am betting KC fell into that category.

13:53:25 to 13:58:38 Wikipedia searches for inhalation, chloroform, alcohol, acetone, peroxide, hydrogen peroxide, death

One should note that KC uses the default 10 results per page, and only once does she look at results 11 - 20. Using such generic terms and spending so little time between term, I believe she is doing nothing more than very high-level information gathering. This is what I got when putting the above into Google searches (adding -anthony).

14:16:30 Search how to make chloroform Google automatically suggested correct spelling
14:23:08 Clicked a blog poll hosted by Google http://www.google.com/reviews/polls...emplate/run_app?txtclr=#666666&lnkclr=#5588aa

Notice that one of the links is a women's self-defense book (visited twice) and the other is a zombie poll. All of this "research" was done in the span of 12 short minutes and we do not know what other non-Google websites were visited.

Rumor has it that Ricardo may have had a bit of a temper. So...KC finds the image on his myspace....researches chloroform...decides he might be capable of using it on her...researches self-defense...runs across suggestions of how some useful household items might be used in self-defense...such as a shovel...eventually "breaks up" with him in mid-April.

IMHO, the searches are unrelated to Caylee, but coincidentally helped the prosecution when no body was available.

NICE-- thank you so much for outlining the google searches like this-- I was wondering what google book results she got specifically. And also having trouble actually reading all the hits, so thank you! Also, Ricardo uploaded the "Win her over with chloroform" image to his Facebook account on March 18. I have the screencap of his page here.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.. As an IT person.. I was wanting to get more information.. (not enough time)

It's elementary, my dear Watson!

Now, I noticed there was a some research done on computer usage on June 16th. Which indicated Casey got busy on the computer and possibly Caylee got away from her and got in the pool and drowned. ( My daughter is 1 week older than Caylee this is something she would have tried this summer)
If the pool was heavily clorinated.. would that cause the chorolform in the trunk? This being interesting in light that they may have found a swimsuit at the remains site?

NICE-- thank you so much for outlining the google searches like this-- I was wondering what google book results she got specifically. And also having trouble actually reading all the hits, so thank you! Also, Ricardo uploaded the "Win her over with chloroform" image to his Facebook account on March 18. I have the screencap of his page here.

Interesting...the screencap shows an upload on the 18th, and home computer searches on the topic on the 17th, the day before.

So here is some additional speculation
. KC is with Ricardo on Sunday the 16th and they are surfing around together and find the image on one of the myspace pages I found it on. Ric has a good chuckle about it and downloads it. The next day, KC looks it up to learn more, and the following day Ric get's back on his computer and uploads it to his myspace, possibly after KC mentioned looking it up earlier in the day.

I don't think it is coincidence the search and upload occurred within a day of each other.

Muzikman uploaded KC's photobucket images to icons157.zip. I downloaded these last night and looked through the files today. There are several thousand images here, most of them "icons" with a few hundred pictures of Casey, Caylee, and friends scattered throughout. Most of the pictures have been posted on the web, and a few of the icons.

Executive Summary: Since many won't read my long-winded analysis, I will cut to the chase. Having analyzed KC's Photobucket uploads and the patterns of the uploads, I am convinced now more than ever that the searches for chloroform, household weapons, etc. in mid-March 2008 were meaningless and unconnected to the death of Caylee.

I looked at several things when examining this CD: Date / time files were uploaded, the content of the image or picture that was uploaded, the "theme" of the images, and whether or not "clustering" of images occurred (uploads of several pictures having the same theme at the same time).

Here is a summary of what I found along with some conclusions I drew:
1. Prior to June 16, KC almost always uploaded files before 8:30 AM, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, and after 8:30 PM. While there are a very small handful of exceptions, the overall pattern is very clear.
I would conclude from the above that KC was on the computer when Caylee was asleep (evening) or napping. Nap time seems to be roughly 1 to 3 PM, based on computer activity.

2. Uploads after 6/16 clearly break the pattern established pre-6/16.

I would conclude that KC is no longer worrying about Caylee's sleep habits.

3. KC uploads in "themes". Multiple themes are often uploaded in a single day, within a very short (minutes) period of time. A theme might be tattoos, love, boyfriends, gangstas, or oral sex.

I would conclude that KC has "internet ADD". She spends a very short period of time on one topic and then bounces into another. I think her twelve minutes of chloroform and household weapons searches fall into this category. It is almost like Homer Simpson talking philosophy and then stopping to pick up a penny he found on a sidewalk.

4. KC likes images of skulls, tatoos, suggestions of being a *advertiser censored* or *advertiser censored*, and partying.

5. Many of the sayings or quotes collected by KC refer to relationships in either a serious or dark-humor manner.

6. By far the largest and most graphic collection of icons and quotes of a sexual nature were posted mid-2007. By comparison the images uploaded after January 2008 are pretty lame.

While these are not images of KC, I believe that these are the images the FBI was referring to when interviewing George.

7. The largest collection of skulls and other "dark images" also occurred in 2007.

8. The largest collection of party images occurred in 2007 and early January 2008.

9. KC clearly spent a substantial amount of time searching for and collecting the images.
Standing back and putting the chloroform searches into a better context than reasoned above in my earlier posts, I think KC was originally searching for an image similar to the "Win her over ... with chloroform" image, and this search took her to women's self-defense site, then to weapon's sites, then to a zombie poll...then after 12 minutes she got bored and "found a penny", moving on to something else.

Living her life 10 minutes at a time.

O/T to computer forensics, but, tie to the timing established by them...

Notice we haven't heard ANYTHING from ANYONE 'bout that 26 second call Casey took from George @ 3:04PM on 6/16.

IF Jesse did hear Caylee on the prior call, perhaps the timing of George's call had something more direct to do with Caylee's demise....recall that Casey's story to George was that she was dropping Caylee off w/ nanny so she could goto work. If Caylee woke up early from her nap (Jesse hearing her) and Casey took George's call (switched over) it wouldn't do for George to hear Caylee in the background...

I don't know WTH Casey took George's call if the circumstances weren't right...unless it was a mistake...jus' thinkin' out loud (again).

There just wouldn't have been enough time for Casey to react to the situation in switching over to take George's call and doing something like duct-taping Caylee quiet...leading to suffocation...ugh...but somehow w/ the computer usage stopping abruptly...at almost exactly the time of George's (extremely rare) incoming call...there's an answer...

Muzikman uploaded KC's photobucket images to icons157.zip. I downloaded these last night and looked through the files today. There are several thousand images here, most of them "icons" with a few hundred pictures of Casey, Caylee, and friends scattered throughout. Most of the pictures have been posted on the web, and a few of the icons.

Executive Summary: Since many won't read my long-winded analysis, I will cut to the chase. Having analyzed KC's Photobucket uploads and the patterns of the uploads, I am convinced now more than ever that the searches for chloroform, household weapons, etc. in mid-March 2008 were meaningless and unconnected to the death of Caylee.

I looked at several things when examining this CD: Date / time files were uploaded, the content of the image or picture that was uploaded, the "theme" of the images, and whether or not "clustering" of images occurred (uploads of several pictures having the same theme at the same time).

Here is a summary of what I found along with some conclusions I drew:
1. Prior to June 16, KC almost always uploaded files before 8:30 AM, from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, and after 8:30 PM. While there are a very small handful of exceptions, the overall pattern is very clear.
I would conclude from the above that KC was on the computer when Caylee was asleep (evening) or napping. Nap time seems to be roughly 1 to 3 PM, based on computer activity.

2. Uploads after 6/16 clearly break the pattern established pre-6/16.

I would conclude that KC is no longer worrying about Caylee's sleep habits.

3. KC uploads in "themes". Multiple themes are often uploaded in a single day, within a very short (minutes) period of time. A theme might be tattoos, love, boyfriends, gangstas, or oral sex.

I would conclude that KC has "internet ADD". She spends a very short period of time on one topic and then bounces into another. I think her twelve minutes of chloroform and household weapons searches fall into this category. It is almost like Homer Simpson talking philosophy and then stopping to pick up a penny he found on a sidewalk.

4. KC likes images of skulls, tatoos, suggestions of being a *advertiser censored* or *advertiser censored*, and partying.

5. Many of the sayings or quotes collected by KC refer to relationships in either a serious or dark-humor manner.

6. By far the largest and most graphic collection of icons and quotes of a sexual nature were posted mid-2007. By comparison the images uploaded after January 2008 are pretty lame.

While these are not images of KC, I believe that these are the images the FBI was referring to when interviewing George.

7. The largest collection of skulls and other "dark images" also occurred in 2007.

8. The largest collection of party images occurred in 2007 and early January 2008.

9. KC clearly spent a substantial amount of time searching for and collecting the images.
Standing back and putting the chloroform searches into a better context than reasoned above in my earlier posts, I think KC was originally searching for an image similar to the "Win her over ... with chloroform" image, and this search took her to women's self-defense site, then to weapon's sites, then to a zombie poll...then after 12 minutes she got bored and "found a penny", moving on to something else.

Living her life 10 minutes at a time.

THanks for all the work. I like your line of thinking. I have to get ready for work, can't wait to get home tonight and really read all of this and think about it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back