2011.05.13 - Sidebar Thread (Jury Selection Day Five)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a favorite question asked by an attorney to a potential juror? Mine is:

"Can you prove to me you don't know my middle name?"....asked by JB

How would you answer that?

uk, sorry that we can't accommodate you with that request. Nope, not even if you launch a petition. :)

Everyone posting on this forum should know that YES, the DT likely reads here. During jury selection, I would imagine that they are investigating the jurors. But they have made it clear that they monitor the NLIBs. Just another reason to think before you hit the "Post Reply" button.

lol

NLIBCJ's :crazy:

IMO, this whole selection process is fumbled/flawed/outdated. Need better procedures to weed-out financial hardships on Day One and be done with them.

Any questionable callbacks on matters of financial hardship should be dealt with on the morning of Day Two, not later.

As well, jury questionnaires could eliminate or refine the list of prospectives.

'nother subject: Why should either table be permitted to connect to the net during these proceedings?

Changes needed, stat.

Did anyone hear the potential juror who said she does not like to judge anyone? Did you understand what happened? Mr. George challenged Judge Perry about her on her view on judging, but I didn't get what happened after that.

Did anyone hear the potential juror who said she does not like to judge anyone? Did you understand what happened? Mr. George challenged Judge Perry about her on her view on judging, but I didn't get what happened after that.
There is a whole thread about it here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136128"]SA peremptory challenge denied - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I wonder if JB sits in his hotel room reviewing the live feed videos for all the times he's at the podium? Rewind, rewind: I look great and I am so warm and friendly. They gotta love me. I love me.

I wonder if JB sits in his hotel room reviewing the live feed videos for all the times he's at the podium? Rewind, rewind: I look great and I am so warm and friendly. They gotta love me. I love me.

LOL, ayep...exacTACTally right!

P.S. Did you notice the intro about Miss [whatever number] and I bet you've never been called that, was reserved for females ONLY? ick

uk, sorry that we can't accommodate you with that request. Nope, not even if you launch a petition. :)

Everyone posting on this forum should know that YES, the DT likely reads here. During jury selection, I would imagine that they are investigating the jurors. But they have made it clear that they monitor the NLIBs. Just another reason to think before you hit the "Post Reply" button.

Sorry what does NLIB stand for?

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me! :crazy:

Sorry what does NLIB stand for?

"No-Life, Idiot Bloggers." These terms taken from statements made in public/to the media by CA and CM at different times over the past several months.

K...haven't checked in since earlier today...sorry if this has been answered....but I am absolutely dying to know if we have any lip readers who have interpreted the segment today, during a sidebar, where KC is very excitedly talking to Rose B for a long period of time. Right in full view of the camera. The most I have seen her talk since she hired JB. Couldn't find it on You Tube to link.

Anyone know what I am talking about. I believe it to be the "bombshell" of today.

I have to check the time of day - but I thought it was because she was so excited "her team" discovered the pot had a past DUI and was buying (very little) crime memorabilia on e-bay, plus wrote crime (book?) reviews as recent as three weeks ago.
It looked to me that someone pulled up the information for her to have a look at. ICA to her team "look, look - I'm not the only criminal in the room!"

"No-Life, Idiot Bloggers." These terms taken from statements made in public/to the media by CA and CM at different times over the past several months.

Hey Ynot!! I thought we were"No-Life, Idiot, Over-Weight Bloggers! We should be wearing our full title proudly.

Don't know what it was...but I thought it maybe that pale sweater she had on that first day (the one with the pearls). She sure has OCD from what I noticed. She had it folded neatly.

Speaking of OCD - did you happen to see Nancy Grace tonight. I watched it because other posters have been talking about the clips she puts together - and she had one of ICA in that pink shirt from Wednesday, smoothing her bangs over and over and over and over again.
After about 20 minutes of the program I had to switch it off because I was getting so twitchy just watching it!
I started yelling at the TV screen - stop it - just stop it! Which isn't like me at all - :great: I thought - oh great - now I've lost my mind over this case.

Anyone know how many PJ's we are up to? TIA

I believe it is eight and we are up at 8:30am for civilized people and 5:30am my time tomorrow morning. HHJP is on his last nerve so it should be "good times".

A lot of people are not very creative with their user names...they (attorneys) may get lucky and track down amazon, ebay, certain accounts if they use a name close to their own and use it more than one place. I don't think anything online is out of bounds.

I agree Amazon especially, which is where I believe he said he reviewed the books. Just out of curiously I went and looked at some book reviews on Amazon. I was amazed at the number of people using what appears to be their real names along with the city and state that they live in.

Amazon also allows you to search by name for any reviews they have written. You can also search by location of reviewers....Scary uh?

So I guess a word to the wise would be never to use your real name anywhere on the web where it will be shown to others.

Off now to revise my facebook page!

I agree Amazon especially, which is where I believe he said he reviewed the books. Just out of curiously I went and looked at some book reviews on Amazon. I was amazed at the number of people using what appears to be their real names along with the city and state that they live in.

Amazon also allows you to search by name for any reviews they have written. You can also search by location of reviewers....Scary uh?

So I guess a word to the wise would be never to use your real name anywhere on the web where it will be shown to others.

Off now to revise my facebook page!

BBM

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering how they knew it was this person leaving reviews on Amazon and why it would matter, unless it was a book on Diane Downs or Susan Smith. My paranoid Big Brother meter kicked in and flipped out! :eye:

I still don't see why it mattered. Maybe just trying to see if the man would tell the truth? IDK. Hunting knives and the book he mentioned were irrelevant, to me anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff