What do you think happened to Teleka Patrick?

What do you think happened to Teleka Patrick?

• Teleka left of her own volition for personal reasons and does not want to be located

Votes: 42 15.7%
  • Teleka is in some type of legal trouble and doesn't want to face charges

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Teleka was being harassed/stalked by someone and is trying to get away from that person

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Teleka was in the throes of psychosis and is possibly receiving psychiatric treatment

Votes: 38 14.2%
  • Teleka is with a significant other and does not wish to be found at this time

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • Teleka's ex-husband came after her regarding the divorce/financial settlement

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • Teleka was picked up by a stranger along I-94 and is in grave danger

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Teleka was the victim of a crime and is deceased

Votes: 71 26.6%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 49 18.4%

• Total voters
I voted "in the throes of psychosis," but I'm afraid she's more likely to have harmed herself than to be getting treatment.

I think some of the other options, like bad romance or victim of crime, might also be true at the same time.

I voted 'victim of a crime and deceased', although I hope that is not true. It's a shame that someone who had worked so hard and had a bright future ahead seemed so desperate to get away that night, for whatever reason. No matter whether she was stalked or had a bad end to a relationship, her confused actions would have put her in a very vulnerable position to be attacked by a stranger too. Really hoping she can be found alive but after this long it is very doubtful, IMO.

I Hv to answer I believe she knew her employer was going to find out about the ppos and her possible violation of said orders. Someone may be harboring her in ill ind or ca as well as fl. She had no intention of returning to her job as she left her badge there. I believe she is dangerous voluntary endangered missing.

And you all know I Hv sm billable hours here lol! Jk. I'm really fearful that she may Hv succumbed to weather after leaving her vehicle in the ditch w. A flat.

Possibly will be facing serious stalking charges that include stalking of minors.

Her ex claims that Teleka has psychiatric problems. The relevation that she was stalking the gospel singer seems to confirm this. On the other hand, it would have been extremely hard to get through medical school while having a serious mental illness. So I think that she may not be schizophrenic. My guess is, although of course this is pure speculation - diagnosis with so little knowledge is impossible, that she suffers from a borderline personality disorder. People with BPD may seem act normal for most people, but their behavior is odd to people in close relationships. People with BPD may completely adore their love interest and then suddenly change to hostility. They have a deep-seated fear of abandonment. People with BPD are more likely to stalk. They also have impulsive behaviour, such as reckless driving, suicide attempts/self mutilation, eating disorders, agitation. (I don't know if Teleka has/had an eating disorder, but there is a significant weight loss if you compare earlier photo's with more recent ones). At moments of distress, people with BPD may experience hallucinations.

I presume some of the videos she posted were meant for Sapp, the gospel singer. She refers to song-writing. And whomever she was making the video for, does not seem to replicate her "love". With the restraining order, she would not have been allowed to send emails/text messages to Sapp. Posting the videos (without addressing the love interest ever by name) may have been a way to circumvent the restraining order. Although it is not clear how she could make Sapp watch the videos. He probably never saw them.

Then again, there could be another love interest that we do not know of. But I think she would not have been able to let go of her stalking target that easily.

Anyway, I am not sure how a mental disorder fits into the picture. I think there still may be some (twisted) logic to her actions on the day she disappeared.

I voted other. I agree with all those who think she was suffering a mental break and either died from the elements or committed suicide.

Walked off from her car and is deceased, either accidentally or by her own hand. I don't like stating it so bluntly though. :(

I agree, this is most likely.

It that is true, Why haven't they found her yet?

I keep thinking there is way more to this than we know.

It's much more difficult to search for, and find, a body than people imagine. Caylee Anthony was found about a half mile from her home. There were multiple searches of the wooded over about 6 months, but the body was actually found by accident.

After seeing the youtube videos, wether we know it or not, there are numerous online relationships going on. One of the biggest hints, is "flowers from last time". This says she met the person previously. Obviously, this love interest is not fabricated. <snip>

I totally disagree. The "flowers from last time" was actually one of the first red flags for me, because they were obviously fresh, not from "last time."

But the biggest factor is that you can't go by the word of a delusional person. In various tweets, she talks about communicating telepathically and hoping to meet in person or talk on the phone. That's enough for me to discount what she says at other times - it doesn't make it impossible for her to know the person, but her saying it doesn't make it any more likely.

But the biggest factor is that you can't go by the word of a delusional person. In various tweets, she talks about communicating telepathically and hoping to meet in person or talk on the phone. That's enough for me to discount what she says at other times - it doesn't make it impossible for her to know the person, but her saying it doesn't make it any more likely.

Where are these tweets? Are they still accessible?

Presuming that Teleka was driving the car, the evidence suggest that she got into someone's car because the dogs traced a scent from the car to the road.

I think the two most likely scenarios are now:
1. She is the victim of a crime.
2. She is hiding somewhere, not necessarily near the place where her car was found.

She was driving towards Chicago it seems. Perhaps she is roaming the streets in Chicago. A big city is a good place to hide and be anonymous.

I am not sure if there has been enough media coverage. It is possible that someone did give her a ride, but that that person has not seen any news coverage.

I voted "in the throes of psychosis," but I'm afraid she's more likely to have harmed herself than to be getting treatment.

I think some of the other options, like bad romance or victim of crime, might also be true at the same time.

This is where I am too. I voted "other" and I think, sadly, she left her car and either deliberately hurt herself and succumbed to the elements whilst in the throes of psychosis, or died of exposure or stumbled into water.

However, I'm happy to cling to the hope that she might be getting treatment somewhere, having left her ID etc at the hospital as she knew she wasn't in a fit state to continue working there.

I definitely think she was "in the throes of psychosis" and either harmed herself or came to some harm due to her own actions.

Walked off from her car and is deceased, either accidentally or by her own hand. I don't like stating it so bluntly though. :(

I am just coming to the case, but after reading the social media thread and the media, I think she was having a psychotic break and this is what happened.

Its all so tragic. Teleka seems like a brilliant woman who had so much going for her yet suffered from a serious mental illness that led her to her death. :( I hope I am wrong.

I'm going to have to go with "Other"

I don't believed that she "snapped" as it is clear that she was a deeply troubled person who apparently wasn't getting the psychiatric counseling that she desperately needed. Her illness seems to have just kept growing worse.

Given where her car was found and knowing the area pretty well, my guesses would be:

1. She wandred away from her vehicle, she become lost or disoriented and then expired due to hypothermia or exposure. Her remains have yet to be discovered
  2. She intentionally abandoned her vehicle at night and then was the victim of an unreported hit and run accident in what is a heavily traveled area. Her remains where then hidden in a manner where they won't be easily found.
  3. She unintentionally abandoned her vehicle and was then the victim of a hit and run accident by an unknowing party (particularly a semi driver) who assumed that he/she had struck a deer and not a human being. The driver simply continued on as if nothing had occurred,the doctor was thrown from the roadway into a ditch or a nearby wooded area and her remains have yet to be discovered
  4. She intentionally abandoned her vehicle, walked the relatively short distance to Indiana Harbor or Lake Michigan and then committed an act of self harm

WIth respect to those who presume that she met a friend or got a ride, I don't think that either of those scenarios are probable. Why?

1. There's no record of the doctor having any friends in the area or nearby
  2. There's no record of the doctor having any friends who are unknown to her family or her social circle
  3. None of the nearby businesses reported the doctor presence or the presence of anyone traveling with someone who resembled the doctor
  4. By now, the doctor being missing is a well-known event. Unless the person (the doctor's friend) was exceptionally insensitive, they would have come forward or strongly advised the doctor to come forward to alleviate the her family's concerns.
  5. Stopping on I-94 is a dangerous undertaking - Considering that the chances of being in an accident either leaving the roadway to attempting to return to it, it is unlikely that a friend would pick someone up ON the interstate without suggesting that the doctor's vehicle also be towed, an event which does not seem to have occurred.

Unfortunately death by an intentional act or misadventure seem to be the likely outcomes for this case.

Having personally met Teleka a few years back. She attended my bookclub meetings. She had strange behavior then. She also expressed that the name she had given me was indeed a false name because "someone stole her identity and was stalking her". After a few months she sent me some emails that were inappropriate and never came back. A year later she did email me and apologize for her behavior So, knowing these things personally about Teleka (AKA Sandra). I believe that she was indeed suffering from mental illness then as well as on December 5th which led to her running away to hide Being that she is delusional she probably was not able to make good sound choices and succumbed to the elements. I am praying that this is not the case and she is alive, but it doesn't look good to me.

Having personally met Teleka a few years back. She attended my bookclub meetings. She had strange behavior then. She also expressed that the name she had given me was indeed a false name because "someone stole her identity and was stalking her". After a few months she sent me some emails that were inappropriate and never came back. A year later she did email me and apologize for her behavior So, knowing these things personally about Teleka (AKA Sandra). I believe that she was indeed suffering from mental illness then as well as on December 5th which led to her running away to hide Being that she is delusional she probably was not able to make good sound choices and succumbed to the elements. I am praying that this is not the case and she is alive, but it doesn't look good to me.

What name did she give you? Sandra? Did she give a last name? Cassie?

Hello All
Long time reader, first time poster. I am fascinated with this mystery.

1. TELEKA WILL BE FOUND IN THE SPRING. I spent some time reading her tweets and am convinced that she was having a breakdown. At about 1am on the day she went missing the tweets became more agitated and before she went to work that day she deleted two accounts. Both her coworker and the hotel employee said that she was behaving strangely and the 911 caller from the highway reported erratic driving in reference to the gold Lexus that she was in. Teleka got out of the car and wandered off. She was in such a deluded state that she could have thought she was anywhere- even at home in bed. The dogs didn't find her because they simply missed a spot. It happens. Remember how LE searched the same area that Chandra Levy's body was ultimately found? When the snow melts, they will find her.

2.TELEKA WON'T BE FOUND. In her deluded state, she got out of the car and waved down an unknown driver. That person took advantage of her vulnerable state. Because it is an interstate highway on the border of two states, the culprit could have been going anywhere. They had ample time to dispose of the evidence.

I still check the news from time to time though. It would be great to see that she was located at a hospital and is in good health.

Hello All
Long time reader, first time poster. I am fascinated with this mystery.

1. TELEKA WILL BE FOUND IN THE SPRING. I spent some time reading her tweets and am convinced that she was having a breakdown. At about 1am on the day she went missing the tweets became more agitated and before she went to work that day she deleted two accounts. Both her coworker and the hotel employee said that she was behaving strangely and the 911 caller from the highway reported erratic driving in reference to the gold Lexus that she was in. Teleka got out of the car and wandered off. She was in such a deluded state that she could have thought she was anywhere- even at home in bed. The dogs didn't find her because they simply missed a spot. It happens. Remember how LE searched the same area that Chandra Levy's body was ultimately found? When the snow melts, they will find her.

2.TELEKA WON'T BE FOUND. In her deluded state, she got out of the car and waved down an unknown driver. That person took advantage of her vulnerable state. Because it is an interstate highway on the border of two states, the culprit could have been going anywhere. They had ample time to dispose of the evidence.

I still check the news from time to time though. It would be great to see that she was located at a hospital and is in good health.

BBM

I am definitely fascinated with this mystery as well!

:wagon: to Websleuths, Loudmouth!

Thanks for joining us in Teleka's threads. :seeya:

I agree with a previous comment. Teleka will be found in the Spring. But sadly she was not a victim of a boogeyman who just lucked out and had her run across their path. Everything set in motion were events caused by Teleka's own actions. I believe she exited her car in a distraught and paranoid state of mind. Likely, she would not be looking for help from passing traffic and instead ran away from the freeway heading Northbound. If you look at the map of where her car was located there is a lake within a short walking distance. I realize the police conducted a sonar test under the ice but I don't believe their methods to be sound and concrete. I believe she is in that lake or another nearby water where she is concealed. This is a heartbreaking story that will probably not end well. If only she could've rec'd the help that she gave to others in her profession she might still be here today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back