Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
X had restraining orders against him....sounds violent domestic issues..............

neighbors saw a white male crouching behind a light colored 4 door pick up truck

Except that it is quite obvious that they "know" what happened. There doesn't seem to be any question there based on their numerous TV appearances. That is why I don't understand why the children have gone.
They are probably afraid he may come back for the children. Venus's mother said he is calling everyday, even now. She doesn't talk to him, just picks up and hangs up. I doubt the children would be in hiding without LE's OK.

The husband did it in my mind , HOW, I don't know, not just yet. There is to much coincidence on that same day for it not to be ... we have a man spotted in the field crouched down by a truck that happens to be a light colored 4dr dodge and just happens to be kitty corner from the parents house.
Then we have the tire tracks in the field that by eye is very similar to the tire tread on Douggy's truck and last but not least we have some dude come out of the "woods" from out of nowhere asking where he is located to some lady he prob. scared the carp out of ... I mean all this on the same day she vanishes, all around the same general time frame...

I don't give a carp about his "witnesses" you can pay people to lie, or just convince them if they are good enough friends , knwim.....this of course is moo only

I'm with you mysticrose - alibis can be bought, or can become a 'you owe me' kind of deal..or a...I'll open my mouth if you don't do me this favor. They can be a dime a dozen for those who know how to get them. I just bet he will arrested very soon! moo

Except that it is quite obvious that they "know" what happened. There doesn't seem to be any question there based on their numerous TV appearances. That is why I don't understand why the children have gone.

If they think the father of the children kidnapped and more than likely killed Venus, then they are hiding them because they have no idea what he might do.
Who knows what he is capable of, it is not worth the risk. Their reaction seems more normal to me than the route Susan Powells parent's have taken. moo

IF he did this -- big IF -- his goal is absolutely to get his hands on the children again. His revenge will not be complete until he does.

The GPs sense this and have made a very good decision -- they can't hide the kids forever, though.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. I pray this doesn't go the way of so many cases -- LE thinks they know who did it, but just. can't. get. proof.

Argh.

It's early days, yet, and I'm hoping whoever did this was sloppy and left clues. I don't why, I guess it was Venus's picture -- she looks so sad and frightened -- but I really feel for this case and am praying for justice...

IF he did this -- big IF -- his goal is absolutely to get his hands on the children again. His revenge will not be complete until he does.

The GPs sense this and have made a very good decision -- they can't hide the kids forever, though.

There are a lot of unanswered questions. I pray this doesn't go the way of so many cases -- LE thinks they know who did it, but just. can't. get. proof.

Argh.

It's early days, yet, and I'm hoping whoever did this was sloppy and left clues. I don't why, I guess it was Venus's picture -- she looks so sad and frightened -- but I really feel for this case and am praying for justice...
bbm

JOHN MCNEILL, NEWS DIRECTOR, WKZO NEWSRADIO: Well, we have learned from a filing for a search warrant for Douglas Stewart`s pickup that they may have a lot more evidence than they`ve talked about previous to this. We`re hearing about the discovery of a clear plastic packaging in the driveway that may have been used to cover a tarp.
We`re learning that they have the tire tracks taken from a field nearby, an eyewitness account of a pickup in a field nearby, with a white male crouching behind it about the time of the disappearance.
We`re hearing that -- or we`re reading in this request for a warrant that they want to match the tire patterns that they found in the field with the ones on Douglas Stewart`s pickup truck. That the general tread pattern is similar, but they need to match the actual tires.

This is all new information that we didn`t hear about before. The truck description matches the eyewitness account. It`s a crew cab, a four- wheel pickup truck, light in color, very similar to the Dodge Ram that Douglas Stewart drives.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1005/04/ng.01.html

I think the person did get sloppy and left clues.

Wonder what their alibis are?

Am wondering if they're family, or some of the unusually many juvies he seems to be friends with, if his myspace in any way reflects his real-life friendships.

Oh I completely understand wanting to hide the children too, especially since at this point, they don't know what happened. It still could be a stranger. MOO

Which in a way would be even more frightening now.

There are no words to explain being connected with his wife's case, Doug told 24 Hour News 8 over the phone Wednesday.

"I still care about her very much, and to be told that you could be involved of something of this nature, it's repulsive," he said.

Doug says he is innocent, and the concern for Venus is mounting.

"It makes me feel horrible," he said. "And now, that the timeline has gone so far ... I'm getting very worried and very concerned."

The couple is in the process of getting divorced. Venus had left Doug in February with their two young children, and moved in with her parents in Colon Township. Previously, the family lived in Virginia.

More at link...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/Dive-crews-search-for-missing-woman

You're right, I was thinking he had all day Sunday to get there, watch the house, etc. but forgot that he'd talked to the kids that evening. So, unless the call came from right outside the house, that would be a quick overnight trip, coincidentally run into Venus early in the morning then turn right around and get back home to VA. If he isn't the perp, then who else is hiding out in the field watching the house and abducting her as soon as she walks out the house? :waitasec: MOO

Hope I can say this where it makes sense...

The ten hours began ticking only after she went missing. So, say she went missing Tuesday at 5PM...as long as the police could talk to him at home by midnight Tuesday, he couldn't be responsible.

If he's responsible, he just got lucky that she happened to walk outside to put the mail in the box that morning. Had he not found her then, then who knows what he might have done, and what kind of case this would have been.

He might have gone into the house and taken her AND the children by force. (She had just been awarded custody several days before her disappearance IIRC, which makes me think that he was angry about losing that battle, which is a huge one in divorce proceedings.) He might have waited three days until he could get her. Of course, his absence would have been more noticeable had he been gone three days.

IF he did it, he got lucky that she walked out to the mailbox that morning and it gave him time to make the Sunday night call, boogie on up to Michigan, kidnap (kill?) his wife, hide her body, and book on back down to Virginia.

IF he's responsible and if I were LE, I'd be looking at all rural side roads off of the interstates he would have taken. Her body will be there somewhere, IF he's responsible.

I think he acted in rage about the losing custody of the kids, and then the circumstances just happened to work out to his advantage.... of course, all of this hinges on the quality of his alibis, about which we know nothing yet.

ITA, and I don't blame the grandparents for putting the kids in hiding. I hope that they can get temp custody in MI, and I don't think that that'll be a problem, considering they have home-court advantage.

And if the father has phone visitation rights why do they hang up on him when he calls? Surely he has the right to know where they are, at least until he is officially accused of something? Who exactly has custody of these kids right now?

respectfully snipped.

From what I gathered from watching NG tonight the grandmother said he still calls the children nightly, but she does not talk to him. She said she just sets the phone down. From that I gathered she puts the phone down and gets the kids. MOO

If they think the father of the children kidnapped and more than likely killed Venus, then they are hiding them because they have no idea what he might do.
Who knows what he is capable of, it is not worth the risk. Their reaction seems more normal to me than the route Susan Powells parent's have taken. moo

Yes, but the main reasons he is a person of interest are based on what THEY have said about the relationship.

There are other plausible explanations for what happened, that don't involve the husband:

1) She was abducted at random by a stranger
2) She was abducted by someone else she knew
3) She wasn't abducted at all, and just upped and left without telling anyone (we know this happens because it happened a few weeks ago in another case)
4) She wasn't abducted at all and is in hiding in the area with the assistance of people known to her.

The last two scenarios could easily happen because IMO people who are engrossed in their own problems come up with all sorts of bizarre actions without appreciating how things can rapidly snowball out of control. It is scenario 4 that interests me because it is quite clear that these folk were VERY paranoid about hubby.

Any of these things could have happened. And if it turns out that the husband's whereabouts can be verified, then it would have to be one of the above 4 scenarios. Alternatively, if it turns out that his alibi is fake then he becomes the most likely suspect, but so far, as far as we know, his alibi is holding.

respectfully snipped.

From what I gathered from watching NG tonight the grandmother said he still calls the children nightly, but she does not talk to him. She said she just sets the phone down. From that I gathered she puts the phone down and gets the kids. MOO

She also said the kids are in hiding, in other words are not with her. That means she hangs up.

What a risk however to make that drive. Accidents happen, you get tickets, etc. This just seems so risky.
Venus had left him several times and gone back to him. Why this time would he kill her?

She had just received custody of the kids. Huge blow to his ego.

The husband did it in my mind , HOW, I don't know, not just yet. There is to much coincidence on that same day for it not to be ... we have a man spotted in the field crouched down by a truck that happens to be a light colored 4dr dodge and just happens to be kitty corner from the parents house.
Then we have the tire tracks in the field that by eye is very similar to the tire tread on Douggy's truck and last but not least we have some dude come out of the "woods" from out of nowhere asking where he is located to some lady he prob. scared the carp out of ... I mean all this on the same day she vanishes, all around the same general time frame...

I don't give a carp about his "witnesses" you can pay people to lie, or just convince them if they are good enough friends , knwim.....this of course is moo only

yep yep. Too much to be coincidental.

I noticed, on Doug's My Space acct, that he has lots of friends who are much younger than he is (he is 29). Most of the people on his friends list look to be late teens, early 20's. I have a feeling his two alibi witnesses are young (just a feeling, nothing to back it up with).

Watch the video titled "sibling love" or something like that. Two young kids... school-age. His behavior with them is, in my opinion, disgustingly immature and demeaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆