State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, pardon my bad manners............hello everyone:seeya:

have been reading like a mad woman and watching the wral videos.........

caught up now and i must say...............if this jury follows the law and not their emotions, brad will walk...........

His witness, GM who has done forensic analysis on over 400 computers believes the invalid deleted cookie and watermark and invalid time stamps are indicative of a dropped file.

GM was not a witness at trial, so people should really stop calling him a witness IMO.

The defense violated the trial rules (not listing him as a potential witness), therefore he was not allowed to testify, <modsnip>!

Well done Kurtz.
He even got the MFT data in.
He didn't need the expert.
He put the MFT on the "buffet table table of evidence", made a graphic representation of it and formed opinions based on it in closing. He got the evidence in and it was not subject to cross examination.
Very clever.

I personally don't pay any attention to the "stories" about how the jury reacts or doesn't react. It's just another tool used to sway public opinion. If the defense team was/is using the internet to garner support for Bradley, they need to be less obvious.

We know the jury will get the case today because the judge is limiting closing to 2 hrs each side. Add in an hour or so for jury instructions. So by the end of the day the case will be in the jury's hands for sure.

I think that a lot of what he said today was smoke and mirrors.....however the slide showing the invalid timestamps all red was impressive...especially when they showed 0% prior. Too bad someone had not tried to recreate this scenerio in a test to counter the argument. The prosecution had better spend some time on this to dispell the tampering theory.

I thought Kurtz did a great job! I loved the Thomas Jefferson reference.

I thought Kurtz did a very good job myself. How appropriate to use the TJ quote. He covered a lot of points. I think Trenkle will have a more passionately worded argument.

I wish there was a way to have an automatic text message sent to me when the verdict is coming in! I guess I will stalk wral !

So they will have lunch and then be done by 330 maybe? I dont think 90 minutes is enough time, I think they will be back tomorrow. Maybe we should take a poll!

Well, I am still not impressed. Wasn't that great an argument, IMO.

The thing is most of what he said was the truth. CPD did screw the case up. If they had not, it probably would be a pretty boring trial that lasted 2 weeks.

oops, pardon my bad manners............hello everyone:seeya:

have been reading like a mad woman and watching the wral videos.........

caught up now and i must say...............if this jury follows the law and not their emotions, brad will walk...........

Welcome. I have that same fear but honestly I think we've all seen much better closing arguments by the defense. Kurtz covered all points he needed and even snuck in few. I truly don't know what Trenkle has left to talk about. I thought maybe it was him that texted Kurtz and said "just never mind me."

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense attny Howard Kurtz finishes his closing argument. Jury taking short break. Defense attny Robert Trenkle will be next. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Kurtz: We seek justice for both Brad and Nancy Cooper. #coopertrial
4 minutes ago

WRAL NEWS in NC
wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Kurtz: NG verdict will do three things 1)police must follow rules 2)reopen nancy's death investigation 3)end brad's nightmare

GM was not a witness at trial, so people should really stop calling him a witness IMO.

The defense violated the trial rules (not listing him as a potential witness), therefore he was not allowed to testify, so please don't whine to me about it either, thanks!

GM's pie charts and opinions made it into the closing argument.
Turned out fine for defense... they got to hear it and it was not subject to cross exam.

Way over the top using words like "mob" and "torches". Not lost on me what they were trying to infer to this jury. Was waiting for Kurtz to just yell out "town lynching"...... Offensive to me.

Welcome. I have that same fear but honestly I think we've all seen much better closing arguments by the defense. Kurtz covered all points he needed and even snuck in few. I truly don't know what Trenkle has left to talk about. I thought maybe it was him that texted Kurtz and said "just never mind me."

lol on the text.......

hopefully trenkle will bring some passion, if he speaks......yes kurtz did a good job imo in that i agree with what you said, he made all the points needed and then some.....

but trenkle better do some "preachin'" and get that jury stirred up.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member