Jose Baez Releasing New Book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just posted an article from People in the news thread about JB claiming FCA will not profit off of his book. That attempt at damage control only reinforces why I despise JB. He wants to make it clear to the public that FCA will not profit off of Caylee's death through his book, but he had no problem defending and ultimately setting a child murderer free in the first place. It is disgustingly transparent how self-serving and arrogant this man is. In the words of JA:

"In many ways, I think the defense came to mirror the client they represented."

MOO

I don't know but IMO anyone with a moral compass wouldn't have touched her case with a ten foot pole after speaking to her for a short while. IMO Baez didn't have to mirror his client because he is just like her. If he thinks any one with an ounce of a brain is going to buy his bs about CFCA not making a cent from his book with his past behavior...Well, I'd like to say I pity him but no I don't he made his bed so he can just sleep in it.

I haven't seen anything about a book signing. With it being such a small publisher there may not be. I so want to go to one and show my disdain in some way.

I haven't seen anything about a book signing. With it being such a small publisher there may not be. I so want to go to one and show my disdain in some way.

Can you imagine the blind idiocy of this guy if he does have a book signing? And if he had to go that far to find a 'publisher', what book store owner/manager in their right mind would even host such an event?

I say we buy one collective USED copy, read and share it all together, and each donate the buck we may have spent to purchase a book as a group donation to Tim Miller and Mark Klaas.

what a load of malarchy this all is. she's not making a dime off it, my aunt fanny.

Baez didn't talk enough people into buying his book... lol...

On the 8th, his book was at #80 in the Books/Biographies & Memoirs/True Accounts/Murder & Mayhem Category.

Yesterday, the 10th, the book had climbed to the #61 position...

Today.. It's falling... It's gone down to #68 in it's category...

Here's the screenshot:

Attachments

• PresumedGuilty68.jpg
    PresumedGuilty68.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
Can you imagine the blind idiocy of this guy if he does have a book signing? And if he had to go that far to find a 'publisher', what book store owner/manager in their right mind would even host such an event?

I say we buy one collective USED copy, read and share it all together, and each donate the buck we may have spent to purchase a book as a group donation to Tim Miller and Mark Klaas.

what a load of malarchy this all is. she's not making a dime off it, my aunt fanny.

BBM is :floorlaugh:
Count me in Gnatcatcher. I don't have a lot of money but I'm in for a dollar to each and my portion for the used book. Every penny counts ya know. If someone figures it out let me know cuz I'm so in.

Can you imagine the blind idiocy of this guy if he does have a book signing? And if he had to go that far to find a 'publisher', what book store owner/manager in their right mind would even host such an event?I say we buy one collective USED copy, read and share it all together, and each donate the buck we may have spent to purchase a book as a group donation to Tim Miller and Mark Klaas.

Forgot to address the bolded in my other post.
I see in my crystal ball a parking lot. Ohhh it's the Baez Law Firm parking lot.
I see very young girls in bikini's holding up books, I don't see anyone else around. I see a card table. A folding lawn chair and ohhhh I see Baez wiping his wet eyes with a pocket square. However, I see him dressed in burmuda shorts. No. It skinny shorts (I didn't realize they made skinny shorts). I see his neon green flip flops. He even has a white pair of sunglasses hanging from his wife beater t shirt. There are crayola's on the card table. A sign that reads "I will sign your book with any color of your choice".
Noooo, crystal ball don't fade, show me more.

Forgot to address the bolded in my other post.
I see in my crystal ball a parking lot. Ohhh it's the Baez Law Firm parking lot.
I see very young girls in bikini's holding up books, I don't see anyone else around. I see a card table. A folding lawn chair and ohhhh I see Baez wiping his wet eyes with a pocket square. However, I see him dressed in burmuda shorts. No. It skinny shorts (I didn't realize they made skinny shorts). I see his neon green flip flops. He even has a white pair of sunglasses hanging from his wife beater t shirt. There are crayola's on the card table. A sign that reads "I will sign your book with any color of your choice".
Noooo, crystal ball don't fade, show me more.

O-M-G - there are no words for that visual!! Eeeuuuw but hilarious!

I'm wondering if FCA waiving client/attorney priviledge could have an effect on the ZG lawsuit. Could JB be called as a witness and made to testify as to what FCA told him about ZG or other bits of info that would be pertinent to the ZG case?

Good question. At the same time, if there is a smidgen of anything ZG in that book of his-Well, it'll be interesting once the trial gets going! I got the feeling this book is not only out to slam some of the media that hounded him, but to keep up the story about the parents. Same old regenerated stories. By now, each person has their own ideas/own opinions about what could have happened, what did happen and that's about that. There is nothing more to say because again, it'll be the same song and dance, trying to convince the public of something different than the obvious.

I've only read 2 books so far about this case. The best one of course by JA that was quickly pre-ordered and another that was available to read quickly through while perusing a book store, by some Dr. who will remain nameless, who wasn't in any way affliated with this case except as a spectator. Entertaining, to a degree, but not worthy to buy. Don't need any book by JB. I have strong opinions about certain things, some are not popular, but this guy cannot convince me of anything more than what I and the rest of us lived through for all these years-The fact Caylee, an innocent little baby, died and was tossed away like a nothing, then the lies started and a huge wall of protection went up around FCA and Co. that exists to this day. Why? No matter which way you spin it, bottom line, FCA was THE SOLE PERSON responsible for her own child and she let her down, a number of ways, including the obvious.

If you get a chance, do go. Take along a copy of Imperfect Justice by Jeff Ashton. Ask him to sign it. Pick a page where Jeff gets snide about him. Then ask him if he knows if Jeff will be coming for a signing too.

Then come back and report! :floorlaugh:

I'm wondering if FCA waiving client/attorney priviledge could have an effect on the ZG lawsuit. Could JB be called as a witness and made to testify as to what FCA told him about ZG or other bits of info that would be pertinent to the ZG case?

Oooh good question! Just how specific was that waiver? And can she waiver on part of it and not all of it?

I really like to snoop, and I've been obsessed with this case. But I can't for the life of me think of a thing JB or FCA could say that I would believe.

I am simply not interested. Kind of freeing.

I just asked a lawyer friend and he cited this: According to Bar Rule 1.8(d), “[p]rior to the conclusion of representation of a client, a lawyer shall not make or negotiate an agreement giving the lawyer literary or media rights to a portrayal or account based in substantial part on information relating to the representation.”

That implies that the attorney DOES need to get permission from their client, which surely also implies Casey is getting a cut.

KC no doubt wrote the whole book.:floorlaugh:
I predict a huge fall out between the two of them over any money made.
One can't trust the other for anything & they will no doubt be scrapping over that 100 dollars they will make from their only fans out there.:floorlaugh:
I could never read their dribble. It gets me too riled up.:maddening:

He no longer represents Casey Anthony. Perhaps he made or negotiated the agreement post representation. Casey Anthony is no longer his client, so what your lawyer friend quoted does not apply in this case.

I just asked a lawyer friend and he cited this: According to Bar Rule 1.8(d), “[p]rior to the conclusion of representation of a client, a lawyer shall not make or negotiate an agreement giving the lawyer literary or media rights to a portrayal or account based in substantial part on information relating to the representation.”

That implies that the attorney DOES need to get permission from their client, which surely also implies Casey is getting a cut.

He no longer represents Casey Anthony. Perhaps he made or negotiated the agreement post representation. Casey Anthony is no longer his client, so what your lawyer friend quoted does not apply in this case.

I'm aware Baez ended his representation of FCA early in the year, but for me the question is are we expected to believe she signed a waiver for Baez allowing him to say what he wants without consideration to her? No way! I think she would have wanted a commitment of $$$ before she signed any release...

To do it out of goodwill wishing him the best of luck with his penning? IMO not a chance.

Yes it does apply from the standpoint of an agreement being required. If no agreement was required why would there be a rule saying they can't ask for one before the verdict? Why ask for one at all if it isn't required?

Imagine if no agreement was needed. People could pay a fortune for a good defense and then the attorney could turn around and screw them over by writing a horrid book afterwards? Major breach of professional trust.

I'm aware Baez ended his representation of FCA early in the year, but for me the question is are we expected to believe she signed a waiver for Baez allowing him to say what he wants without consideration to her? No way! I think she would have wanted a commitment of $$$ before she signed any release...

To do it out of goodwill wishing him the best of luck with his penning? IMO not a chance.

:seeya: It's very quizzical, this agreement that was signed. Why would he even need it if he already knows and he stated as such, that she is a liar? I think he did have her sign a doc. that he was no longer attorney of record and he probably added some things in there to get her to sign a waiver for some of the information, but here it is, Why? It goes right back to her being a liar. Did he have a recent devine moment where he came to terms that she would never change?-I'm speaking of him getting angry over the outting of the videos-Why would he care about her dumb videos? Forget that, many people already know what she is, what she has done and will continue to do. I think he is still siding in with her, gleaning more non truths/information that really serves no purpose other than to keep her in the news and for him to make a sheckle or two, for both of them since she's on everyone's carp list. He surely won't write about RK, he surely won't write about TM, or ZG and again as for her parents, if there is something in there that points the finger to GA again, I will blow a fuse because those allegations were/are serious enough for the SA to look into and file charges against GA, no matter when they could have happened and JB should have led the way on that one when he was her confidant, attorney of record-Where is it? I agree, the moment he knew she/they were not telling the truth(and I bet he still doesn't know the actual truth), why didn't he bail off the wagon? I always thought you had to be, for the most part, pretty upfront to the one who's going to defend you and if there are suspicions, why didn't he recuse himself? Fame? Yea, it really worked in his favor, didn't it?-not.

Baez didn't talk enough people into buying his book... lol...

On the 8th, his book was at #80 in the Books/Biographies & Memoirs/True Accounts/Murder & Mayhem Category.

Yesterday, the 10th, the book had climbed to the #61 position...

Today.. It's falling... It's gone down to #68 in it's category...

Here's the screenshot:

This is how it reads now:

Hardcover: 352 pages
Publisher: BenBella Books (July 3, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1937856380
ISBN-13: 978-1937856380
Shipping Information: View shipping rates and policies
Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #7,552 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#57 in Books > Biographies & Memoirs > True Accounts > Murder & Mayhem

I, too, let Amazon know that B&N has a cheaper price tag on the same item.

In comparison, I see JA's book is in hardcover, audio, paperback, and e-book. Not to mention the movie that's in the works....plus JA's book was published by one of the well-known publishing houses. :waitasec:

Maybe they go together like peas and carrots. I doubt he ever cared, then or now, if she was guilty or not.
The GA and drowning claims were predictable, we all read it in her jail letters, and heard CA state early on that the pool ladder was left down - all JB had to do was sit back for three years, wait for LE and the SA to spend all of their time and effort in seeking justice for Caylee and put their case on the table, then step back, find the time where it "could" have happened and - poof there was her defense. Crazy huh? But it happened.

What if he's got GA and CA by the short hairs? What would it matter if it pointed to OCA's guilt? Most think she is anyway. I think his book will contain revelations, I think it has too - if it doesn't, everyone will know in the first 5 minutes of its release and it will be his final swan song. Think of the Dr. Phil show with the A's - that was a bust, sure people tuned in, but what did anyone learn? It was nothing but more of the same CA phony crazy train, and GA's 1 + 1 = 2 - yeah, he couldn't figure it out for 3+ years, but now he sees the light. Save it CA & GA - just stay quiet and far away.

I don't think that JB will make that mistake, and I can picture him picking out his pocket squares now, all giddy at the thought of CA's head exploding and GA looking like a deer in headlights - giving his book the kind of exposure that money can't buy. These two paid off in spades before - and who says lighting can't strike twice?

I did have the giggles myself at the thought of mocking him during his book tour, but now maybe I'll just ignore him. That could be the biggest burn of all - that he stands around waiting for people like me to come with my outrage and claims of "I knew it" - and what if I simply don't give him that.

God bless little Caylee, she's the only person who truly matters in this sad situation, and I think she could get lost in all of this meshuga if I let it happened all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member